Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Local Government Elections 2019 Thread

Postby pete » December 3rd, 2019, 10:40 am

Cambridge Analytica make them not vote again or what? :roll:

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » December 3rd, 2019, 10:51 am

Numbers ...becuz we know you like numbers...

numbers.jpg

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 3rd, 2019, 10:56 am

Lmao @ allyuh “civil right” to vote.

Allyuh so pathetic eh

Like little mooks at the poll stations dipping allyuh finger in stink ink.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2019, 11:17 am

Monk BANzai wrote:Numbers ...becuz we know you like numbers...

numbers.jpg
A win is a win and it's a projection for next year.

Blackman not happy at the bottom

Rspann, elite and dem reaping all the benefits

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 3rd, 2019, 11:31 am

basically this LGE was a tie which was like d last time but ppl forget terry rondon used his vote to give poo nm grande seat

d constitution is really outdated , why must 1 party or d other win by a whitewash in certain areas , not even 1 man from d other side to see\hear or have a say in what going on especially when corruption is so rampant , no checks\balances

all d politicians talking bout constitutional reform over d past 30yrs yet none of them do anything once it favoring their side

poo nm always have 2 aces in tobago which gives them d edge - dise why they fraid Duke will rise up & take dat away from them , it already have a spoke in his wheel with d sexual allegations hanging over he head so i bet that will come back when is d GE ....

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2019, 11:53 am

Rovin wrote:basically this LGE was a tie which was like d last time but ppl forget terry rondon used his vote to give poo nm grande seat

d constitution is really outdated , why must 1 party or d other win by a whitewash in certain areas , not even 1 man from d other side to see\hear or have a say in what going on especially when corruption is so rampant , no checks\balances

all d politicians talking bout constitutional reform over d past 30yrs yet none of them do anything once it favoring their side

poo nm always have 2 aces in tobago which gives them d edge - dise why they fraid Duke will rise up & take dat away from them , it already have a spoke in his wheel with d sexual allegations hanging over he head so i bet that will come back when is d GE ....
Bago will soon fall

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 3rd, 2019, 12:03 pm

I agree, Tobago must go.

Too much weight. Cut them off and give them some pocket change to do whatever.

Send all the lazy ass Trinis there and let Trinidad be a land of Venezuelans, Chinese and Syrians.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 3rd, 2019, 12:23 pm

LOL...real froth-up from the Red n' Ready crew by the doubles man this morning. Interestingly most of the angst usually reserved for 'teefing Kamla' was directed at Growlers & Co. and well...ah really cyar post what they say here...:lol:

But one of them made a good point. Given the economic hardships being faced by many, if the PNM had dispensed with all the bullshittery and given even half of what was purportedly spent on their campaign to the burgesses Grande and Siparia they probably would have had a much better showing.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » December 3rd, 2019, 1:16 pm

I seeing some news articles where both political leaders say PNM won 71 and UNC 68 but there are other articles where PNM PRO issued a release saying is PNM 74 and UNC 65. Anyone know the correct results with the number of seats won by each party?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 3rd, 2019, 1:43 pm

plenty dumbass ppl [ including seasoned politicians] so long doh realise size of area is NOT what counts but it goes by size of population living in each area .... they watching how much of d map has yellow compared to what showing red

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » December 3rd, 2019, 1:54 pm

Rovin wrote:plenty dumbass ppl [ including seasoned politicians] so long doh realise size of area is NOT what counts but it goes by size of population living in each area .... they watching how much of d map has yellow compared to what showing red

I know but to be fair I've actually looked at the census population maps, PNM stronghold constituencies in GE, have on average 2000 less registered voters when compared to the UNC strongholds, at least for 2015 it was so, haven't seen the newest figures.

But that said if u consider the 15 UNC stronghold seats had 2000 more each on paper, then 15*2000 = 30000 which is an entirely new extra seat.

The reason UNC probably hasn't lobbies EBC for this though is that to create this seat can also make a few marginals.

And also we'll end up with an even number of seats, which is ok but the likelihood of tied elections if high.

Either way, psychologically, this is a big victory for the UNC and seeing the map all yellow speaks to that sentient.

Grande was a big win.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 3rd, 2019, 2:03 pm

buh unc got the popular, too. sooo... they kinda right. one side got seats, the other got peeps, lets call it a draw.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » December 3rd, 2019, 2:12 pm

sMASH wrote:buh unc got the popular, too. sooo... they kinda right. one side got seats, the other got peeps, lets call it a draw.

Leading up to a GE, after winning a GE and not losing ground in the LGE is a bad sign for PNM.

Last election was 23-17. But UNC will be winning back Grande, Moruga/Tableland and St Joseph guaranteed. Tunapuna is likely possibly talparo/la horquetta.
They need 4 of those 5, and they have 3 already. Not even including those San Fernando seats which seem to have very high anti PNM sentiment right now.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2019, 2:40 pm

^^^ San Do ppl are slowly getting more educated and have no time for PNM.

Only San Do East seem to be holding out cause they ghetto and primative in their think pattern

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 3rd, 2019, 3:02 pm

alwaris getting douglarize

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2019, 3:05 pm

sMASH wrote:alwaris getting douglarize
Gentrification works wonders

Once laventille is freed TT will prosper

D Diesel Report
Trinituner Peong

Postby D Diesel Report » December 3rd, 2019, 3:10 pm

l33t2 wrote:
sMASH wrote:buh unc got the popular, too. sooo... they kinda right. one side got seats, the other got peeps, lets call it a draw.

Leading up to a GE, after winning a GE and not losing ground in the LGE is a bad sign for PNM.

Last election was 23-17. But UNC will be winning back Grande, Moruga/Tableland and St Joseph guaranteed. Tunapuna is likely possibly talparo/la horquetta.
They need 4 of those 5, and they have 3 already. Not even including those San Fernando seats which seem to have very high anti PNM sentiment right now.

Yuh mean they only need 3. They at 18 right now.
We might see de first general erection where a party win without Tunapunaz boy. :drinking: :drinking:

D Diesel Report
Trinituner Peong

Re: Local Govt Elections Date Announced : 2nd December 2019 ...

Postby D Diesel Report » December 3rd, 2019, 3:15 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
D Diesel Report wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:The entire valencia stretch filled with pnm flags...90.5, 102.1 etc etc....only "we getting it done"

Not from unc...nothing...I doh even know if they have a song

historically, when a ruling party roll out spending like that, they going to lorse the election.

AhHa! Dis man know d ting self. :drinking: :drinking:

I won't say so...PNM spend some $$ in 2015 and GT

Padna, PP was in power in 2015. They spend more dan PNM. Dat is where the 'historically' come from. Meaning that das how it usually happens in dem situation. We ain't concern what de opposition spend, just the guavament since dem have state funds and taxes at their disposal to use for erections. :drinking: :drinking:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » December 3rd, 2019, 4:45 pm

2ndchance wrote:I seeing some news articles where both political leaders say PNM won 71 and UNC 68 but there are other articles where PNM PRO issued a release saying is PNM 74 and UNC 65. Anyone know the correct results with the number of seats won by each party?

One seat is being recounted somewhere while 2 from San Fernando in limbo right now where both parties claiming victory. For Sando which has 9 seats in the corporation, PNM claiming 6 with 3 to the UNC. UNC claiming 5 with PNM 4. Not sure if EBC finalized the results yet.

If UNC wins San Fernando, the 7-7 tie will be broken becoming 8-6. If not, 7-7 will be final.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 3rd, 2019, 5:24 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Monk BANzai wrote:Numbers ...becuz we know you like numbers...

numbers.jpg
A win is a win and it's a projection for next year.

Blackman not happy at the bottom

Rspann, elite and dem reaping all the benefits

I not going to lie I does glad when pnm in power. Watch who does benefit the most. If they win General election, port affi build or at least land affi get paid for. If we doh have land where the port supposed to go, let them build the port where we have the land. Talk done.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 3rd, 2019, 6:12 pm

Rohan Sinanan: UNC gained, but not in the way that counts

The PNM's campaign manager for the 2019 Local Government Elections, says the UNC failed to make any serious inroads into any of the PNM strongholds.

However, Works and Transport Minister, Rohan Sinanan, says the party will be doing some serious analysis of all the results, to determine the way forward for its 2020 general election strategy.

According to Minister Sinanan, one of the key people on the PNM’s strategy team for the recently concluded election, the opposition party was unable to make any impact on the East-West Corridor.

He says big wins there are critical to winning the ultimate prize—a general election.

Minister Sinanan explains that picking up a couple seats in other regions such as Princes Town, Chaguanas or Sangre Grande—which is what the UNC did—won't make a real difference to the outcome of a general election.

“The bottom line is that the UNC did improve and they must be given credit for that, but in terms of a general election result, it does not change the fact that they made no impact on the East-West Corridor,” Rohan Sinanan states. “In my personal opinion, if you cannot make an impact on the East-West Corridor, you cannot win a general election.”

The PNM strategist has commended the UNC for gaining some ground in the sangre grande region, even as he points out that while the UNC won the corporation, it did so by holding on to areas where it normally enjoys support.

“If you look at the Sangre Grande Corporation and you break it down into electoral districts, four of them are into the Cumuto-Manzanilla seat, which is really a stronghold for the UNC,” he explains. “One electoral district they won is in Toco-Sangre Grande, and the part where the UNC has the most support. In the PNM strongholds in Toco-Sangre Grande, they made no impact at all,” Rohan Sinanan points out.

He says the UNC made no impact in Arima.

In Tunapuna, he notes, the one seat they got has traditionally been a UNC seat.

However, Rohan Sinanan—like Terry Rondon—is confident that the PNM will retain the overall constituency in a general election.

And the minister admits that in San Fernando, the Petrotrin closure may have had an impact on some of the outcomes there.

He points out that a significant portion of those electoral districts fall within the Pointe-a-Pierre constituency, which traditionally, has been a UNC stronghold.

Thus, he argues, that won’t have any impact on San Fernando East and West constituencies, which he says will remain with the PNM in a general election.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/rohan-sinanan-unc-gained-not-way-counts

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 3rd, 2019, 6:32 pm

words & numbers can be interpreted anyhow eh so doh let ppl twist words to make ting sound nice to fool yuh .... which is what both sides doing

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » December 3rd, 2019, 8:09 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
2ndchance wrote:I seeing some news articles where both political leaders say PNM won 71 and UNC 68 but there are other articles where PNM PRO issued a release saying is PNM 74 and UNC 65. Anyone know the correct results with the number of seats won by each party?

One seat is being recounted somewhere while 2 from San Fernando in limbo right now where both parties claiming victory. For Sando which has 9 seats in the corporation, PNM claiming 6 with 3 to the UNC. UNC claiming 5 with PNM 4. Not sure if EBC finalized the results yet.

If UNC wins San Fernando, the 7-7 tie will be broken becoming 8-6. If not, 7-7 will be final.

That explains it. Thanks. Didn't know there were 2 close seats in San Fernando. Thought it was just the Cocoyea/Tarouba seat where PNM was 1043 to UNC's 1042.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » December 3rd, 2019, 8:20 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:So it's true a seat was won by 1 vote??

I do not think many people understood when you posted this this morning.

I think it was Tarouba with the one vote. Recount in effect.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » December 3rd, 2019, 8:41 pm

Rovin wrote:words & numbers can be interpreted anyhow eh so doh let ppl twist words to make ting sound nice to fool yuh .... which is what both sides doing

Only in Trinidad there is a 7-7 draw and UNC counting it as a win. UNC is like West Indies cricket team where a draw and rain out is considered a win. UNC is really a sufferer party.

mrtrini45
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mrtrini45 » December 3rd, 2019, 8:53 pm

The PNM donkey logic.....
1) I had control of 8 corporations now I have 7. WE WIN
2) Sando city corp was all mines, I now loss 3 seats. But WE WIN.
3) I held enterprise chag for 21 years. I lost it to a first time UNC candidate, but WE WIN
4) I had 1 seat in Princess town Corp. I lost it, Ptown is all yellow now. But WE WIN
5) UNC had four seats in Tunapuna they now have six ..... but WE WIN
7) I had two seats in Mayaro. I lost one to the UNC and only held on to the other one by 151 votes.
But WE WIN

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » December 3rd, 2019, 8:55 pm

Spend money in Grande and loss - WE WIN

Spend money in Siparia, UNC gained a seat - WE WIN

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2019, 8:58 pm

randolphinshan wrote:
Rovin wrote:words & numbers can be interpreted anyhow eh so doh let ppl twist words to make ting sound nice to fool yuh .... which is what both sides doing

Only in Trinidad there is a 7-7 draw and UNC counting it as a win. UNC is like West Indies cricket team where a draw and rain out is considered a win. UNC is really a sufferer party.
Did PNM win ?

You sounding more like eliteauto
Last edited by zoom rader on December 3rd, 2019, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » December 3rd, 2019, 8:58 pm

randolphinshan wrote:

That was Growlers last night on the podium :lol:

He win Grande? Glenda might get shaft and Rohan take a shot at it next year :lol:

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » December 3rd, 2019, 8:59 pm

mrtrini45 wrote:The PNM donkey logic.....
1) I had control of 8 corporations now I have 7. WE WIN
2) Sando city corp was all mines, I now loss 3 seats. But WE WIN.
3) I held enterprise chag for 21 years. I lost it to a first time UNC candidate, but WE WIN
4) I had 1 seat in Princess town Corp. I lost it, Ptown is all yellow now. But WE WIN
5) UNC had four seats in Tunapuna they now have six ..... but WE WIN
7) I had two seats in Mayaro. I lost one to the UNC and only held on to the other one by 151 votes.
But WE WIN

the PNM did win (they got more seats), but by a smaller margin this time around.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”