Local bank accounts hacked?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Local bank accounts hacked?

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 17th, 2019, 10:56 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:FCB online system was fantastic. In many ways it still is.
The service from staff has declined in the last few years sadly

interest charges do not show up online. neither does the membership fee.
there have been two instances where charges made in 2017 and 2018, were duplicated in 2018 and 2019 respectively.
interest was charged. the charges were reversed but I had to use the statements to get the interest reversed.

also issues where purchases were made. posted. and paid off.
the online system showed a hold on funds. querys say there is a hold on funds that is not their end. but the statement shows the correct balance, which can then be amended.

you're losing money by spending cash.
the credit card gives you minimum $1 for every $100 you spend.
cash gives you nothing.

I never reconcile my FCB online with the paper based statement. By the time the paper one comes I usually would have paid using the online amounts.

I should really start checking them both.

same here. I usually treat the online as gospel. Plus the new email notification feature is a great way to keep tabs on cc activity

Advertisement
wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 17th, 2019, 5:11 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:same here. I usually treat the online as gospel. Plus the new email notification feature is a great way to keep tabs on cc activity

never had a notification for a figure, seen that figure in the online activity, then see that figure change in the online activity, and see the later figure in the statement?
This has been typical of EVERY foreign currency transaction for the last year. It did not happen before.
I keep meticulous records that make me notice these things.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 17th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Got a report on breached Scotia debit cards.

Know one in particular and Dunno how it was duplicated since the card is only used at very busy Scotia ATMs.

Scotia users better check y'all shiz

Kenjo
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kenjo » October 17th, 2019, 9:12 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Got a report on breached Scotia debit cards.

Know one in particular and Dunno how it was duplicated since the card is only used at very busy Scotia ATMs.

Always happens , do you guys use scotia notifications ? Since it’s been introduced to track transactions ?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » October 28th, 2019, 12:10 pm

Happened to me over the weekend. Card was only ever used at branch ATM on Rushworth Street, San Fernando; funds withdrawn at RBL High Street ATM. Now hearing that the exact same scenario occurred with two other persons I know within the last 3 weeks.

Kenjo
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kenjo » October 28th, 2019, 3:03 pm

NR8 wrote:

Happened to me over the weekend. Card was only ever used at branch ATM on Rushworth Street, San Fernando; funds withdrawn at RBL High Street ATM. Now hearing that the exact same scenario occurred with two other persons I know within the last 3 weeks.

That’s the branch on the hill, well now I know I can never make deposits in that atm again but I thought it would be safer as it’s a branch atm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”