Gas Station Manners or To hell with everyone else

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Gas Station Manners or To hell with everyone else

Postby MaxPower » October 25th, 2019, 4:45 pm

KM_2NR wrote:Full gas at midnight to avoid interacting with humans

More like to avoid interacting with Trinidadians.

Average
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Average » October 26th, 2019, 10:46 am

I did not read comments after OP's post.

If there are 3 pumps and you are waiting in line after the 3rd pump and the SECOND pump is available then the person at the THIRD pump can drive up and take it's place and YOU will be at the third pump. Anything deviating from this action is utter cuntery.

NOW, there are variables as this is real life and real life is never orchestrated unless it's 9/11 but I digress, the variables are/can be but not limited to :
1. Person on pump 3 could have already paid at the cashier and selected his pump number, therefore you can overtake and take pump 2 or just wait it out because most times you're already really close to the driver in front, waiting for him to drive off. If you're waiting and someone takes pump 2 then nothing is wrong with that but to have someone wait in the middle lane and take the spot is pure dotishness.

As you said, in this life sometimes you hadda let the jackass bray and move on unscathed.
My problem is with these little mudda BUGWAAANAAA gas station attendants who does come and tell you switch off your car but when the guntas appear they stones gone back in dey stomach and dey can't say sheit! It have ah lil prickhead one who used to do that but like he get fed up of asking and no one taking him on.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 26th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Monkey know which tree to climb...:|

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » October 26th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Nice quality. What can is this?
maj. tom wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Rovin wrote:i not surprised , this country's lawlessness & guntarism is displayed daily by drivers

so many drivers jes have this attitude well i eh bisnis bout others i must get ahead 1st on d roads , at intersections , traffic lights , turning right from d left lane , on d highway not staying left except when over taking is d norm etc

today i reversing out onto d road & i done reach 1\2 way a jackass in a y12 speeding coming blowing up horn for me cause like he too busy , when he reach by d traffic light he turning right from d left lane .... all i does say to myself dem so go get what they deserve :roll:

I was turning right at an intersection and was already halfway through the intersection when a guy coming from my right ran through the stop sign so I had to mash brakes to not crash into him. For all the hurry he was in he still had time to stop, cuss me up, show me middle finger and continue cussin but I learned a long time ago that the best way to end those altercations is with a 1000 yard stare. Some people these days just seem angry for no reason an looking for a fight. I not giving anybody fuel for their fire.

At then end of the day, I feel sorry for people that have to live everyday with that kind of anger. It must be frustrating to be so unpleasant that even you wouldn't want to be around yourself.

Screenshot_20191025-134507__01.jpg

Perfect example. This is unfortunate but it epitomizes exactly what's wrong with our society. :(

Perfect reason why to invest in a dash cam. Got one last weekend gone and was testing it today. I made a polarizing filter for the front camera and stuck it on at the suitable angle with some tape because dashboard reflections were really bad on the image when the sunlight was from the front.

Worthy investment for me, check out the quality guys and get a dash cam! $200 USD total. This is edited just to get both cams in one screen so even here the quality is diminished. The raw footage (1080p30fps_dualcams_MP4)would be locked onto the SD card in the case of a collision detection by the camera.

https://streamable.com/4jv3d

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » October 29th, 2019, 9:27 am

maj. tom wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Rovin wrote:i not surprised , this country's lawlessness & guntarism is displayed daily by drivers

so many drivers jes have this attitude well i eh bisnis bout others i must get ahead 1st on d roads , at intersections , traffic lights , turning right from d left lane , on d highway not staying left except when over taking is d norm etc

today i reversing out onto d road & i done reach 1\2 way a jackass in a y12 speeding coming blowing up horn for me cause like he too busy , when he reach by d traffic light he turning right from d left lane .... all i does say to myself dem so go get what they deserve :roll:

I was turning right at an intersection and was already halfway through the intersection when a guy coming from my right ran through the stop sign so I had to mash brakes to not crash into him. For all the hurry he was in he still had time to stop, cuss me up, show me middle finger and continue cussin but I learned a long time ago that the best way to end those altercations is with a 1000 yard stare. Some people these days just seem angry for no reason an looking for a fight. I not giving anybody fuel for their fire.

At then end of the day, I feel sorry for people that have to live everyday with that kind of anger. It must be frustrating to be so unpleasant that even you wouldn't want to be around yourself.

Perfect example. This is unfortunate but it epitomizes exactly what's wrong with our society. :(

Perfect reason why to invest in a dash cam. Got one last weekend gone and was testing it today. I made a polarizing filter for the front camera and stuck it on at the suitable angle with some tape because dashboard reflections were really bad on the image when the sunlight was from the front.

Worthy investment for me, check out the quality guys and get a dash cam! $200 USD total. This is edited just to get both cams in one screen so even here the quality is diminished. The raw footage (1080p30fps_dualcams_MP4)would be locked onto the SD card in the case of a collision detection by the camera.

Very nice setup! Post up the details nah. Or pm me it if you don't want to.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » October 29th, 2019, 12:47 pm

maj. tom wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Deets? PM me info please and thanks.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 29th, 2019, 12:54 pm

I ain’t find that dashcam quality so hot,
The street signs on pavement are blurry.

My $50 B1W has better quality.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 29th, 2019, 1:31 pm

https://www.aukey.com/auto/dash-cameras
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=aukey+dash+cam

There are better and worse cameras out there. I am satisfied with my choice and the amount of research i did before purchasing.

Instructions were in the manual. One wire from power outlet to main front camera. One very long wire from front cam to rear cam. GPS antenna to front camera. Took about 2 hours to install and that's because I had no prior experience or specialized tools for removing the car panels and sneaking the wires all under every which place so they would be invisible. Used rubbing alcohol to clean surfaces before sticking with the supplied 3M VHB tape. Make sure you align the camera with a straight line when installing and not the mount edge. Need at least 64GB Class 10 or UHS 1 (or higher speed) Micro SDXC. The compatible GPS antenna is sold separately for $20 and it's recommended. The camera is a Super Capacitor powered, rated for heat in Australia (-30°C to +75°C ), so it can withstand the heat inside the car in direct sunlight, unlike Li-ion battery powered dash cams.

The reflections from the dashboard are going to be horrible when that sunlight is directly in the lens. So you can purchase a polarizing filter (camera/telescope equipment and it's expensive) to block this, or make one with a polarized filter sheet or an old pair of polarized sunspecs. You need to find the correct angle to match the angle in the camera to block out the glare and just stick it on the edges with some clear tape, making sure all surfaces are cleaned with rubbing alcohol with no smears or streaking. No problems with night vision using this filter; in fact it's clearer because it eliminates glare from oncoming headlamps.

I mounted my front cam on the passenger side just to the left of the rear view mirror and blocked from my view for two reasons: the screen is too small to make any settings adjustments while the car is in motion, and if it were on the driver's side it would only serve as a distraction when i am driving by constantly glancing at it instead of the road.

The files are recorded by date and time created, labelled A (front) and B (rear) every time your power on the ignition. Loop recording where the oldest files are erased as disk space is filled. If there is a collision detection by the G-sensor in the camera it locks the footage so it will not be automatically written over. There is a hard wire kit that plugs into the OBD-II DLC port to keep the cam on at all times when the car is off, but that would just eat up disk space and your battery. That option didn't make sense to me.

Lastly there is free software to manage the recorded footage. https://dashcamviewer.com/ shows both cams and GPS data overlay onto Google Map plus many other features. I used OpenShot to overlay the rear cam onto the front and left the aspect ratio, then rendered into MP4 to save the edit so I could get both cams onto one screen. The layers are synced using the same timestamp so they appear exactly as you saw. Life is easier if you have paid software to do your video editing.

Remember what you saw there is highly compressed quality by my computer and then doubly compressed by the Streamable.com website. The raw footage on the SD Card is very clear and distinct 1080p30fps, which is what you will have to use for evidence. There are better cams which can record 4K and 60fps, but obviously cost more.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » October 29th, 2019, 4:21 pm

Great info! Thanks!!!

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 30th, 2019, 7:28 am

Raw footage pulled from SD Card. No edits, just copy and paste. Just download via the link:
https://workupload.com/archive/DxRUEN9 (link valid for 90 days 2019-10-30)

Front Camera A (polarized filter)
Rear Camera B (no filter)

You can download https://dashcamviewer.com/ to view the GPS data on the maps while the videos are playing. Open File A and file B will automatically load correctly because of embedded tags, etc.

The file properties confirm it's 1920x1080 progressive scan 30.000 fps

General
Complete name : Aukey Dash Cam Sample\2019_1029_091129_037A.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (isom/avc1/mp42)
File size : 137 MiB
Duration : 1 min 47 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 10.7 Mb/s
Movie_More : DEMO1
Encoded date : UTC 2019-10-29 09:13:14
Tagged date : UTC 2019-10-29 09:13:14
Origin : AUKEY

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.1
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference fra : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 10.2 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.165
Stream size : 131 MiB (96%)
Language : English
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 96.0 kb/s
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Channel layout : C
Sampling rate : 32.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.23 MiB (1%)
Language : English

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 30th, 2019, 9:58 am

So I went to the RAMCO, Trincity Station to fill yesterday morning around 10am. Didn't know there was all the hoopla with Unipet and thing but I had the flu since last week Friday and was running really close to E.

A woman in an Xtrail not yet by a pump in line 4 left her vehicle and no one knew where she was. So the car immediately in the back of her overtook to go up to the pump 4 and then I also overtook and went to Pump 5. Went inside to pay and while waiting I saw a woman with receipts in her hand asking around by my car and I could lip read enough to know she wanted to know where the driver was.
Eventually she came inside and when I said it was mine she started to get on about how she waiting to full up and how she pay. At this time I had already paid as well. However when the the cashier tried to enter a fuel amount on Pump 5 it kept bringing up an error. She called outside to ask which vehicle was by the pump because according to the system pump 5 was set for filling. They had to cancel the woman's transaction and let mine run because with all the queues they very well couldn't ask me to leave the line and I was actually parked by the pump.

Whilst filling the woman kept throwing words for me but I just told her you not supposed to go pay if you not actually parked by a pump, a fact to which she actually she seemed surprised at.

regone
Street 2NR

Postby regone » October 30th, 2019, 10:03 am

Dizzy28 wrote:So I went to the RAMCO, Trincity Station to fill yesterday morning around 10am. Didn't know there was all the hoopla with Unipet and thing but I had the flu since last week Friday and was running really close to E.

A woman in an Xtrail not yet by a pump in line 4 left her vehicle and no one knew where she was. So the car immediately in the back of her overtook to go up to the pump 4 and then I also overtook and went to Pump 5. Went inside to pay and while waiting I saw a woman with receipts in her hand asking around by my car and I could lip read enough to know she wanted to know where the driver was.
Eventually she came inside and when I said it was mine she started to get on about how she waiting to full up and how she pay. At this time I had already paid as well. However when the the cashier tried to enter a fuel amount on Pump 5 it kept bringing up an error. She called outside to ask which vehicle was by the pump because according to the system pump 5 was set for filling. They had to cancel the woman's transaction and let mine run because with all the queues they very well couldn't ask me to leave the line and I was actually parked by the pump.

Whilst filling the woman kept throwing words for me but I just told her you not supposed to go pay if you not actually parked by a pump, a fact to which she actually she seemed surprised at.

As i always say trini's are sooo dotish they dont know when they are doing wrong or breaking the law always a wrong and strong scene....

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 30th, 2019, 10:44 am

lol at every gas station there is a sign saying that you need to be parked at the pump before you pay. Yuh eh tell she haul she mc? That is the only type of communication she would seem to understand, since reading signs are beyond her capacity.

watch how to do it eh :lol:
Volume warning NSFW
https://youtu.be/dZP7uEg2IyI?t=82
:lol: :lol:

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » October 30th, 2019, 2:13 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

I would dare to say that type of behavior was quite outlandish!!

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 30th, 2019, 11:06 pm

What about gas station employees who seem to have no sense? I went to refuel by Unipet and while in the line, this sweaty gas station employee motioning me to go to a pump, opposite to where my gas tank is located. Mind you, I'm already in a line where the tank and pump are adjacent. When I tell him politely, that I'd rather remain in this line, he gets all riled up, and starts muttering and gesticulating about people who "cyah understand simple instructions" and "de hose go reach"
Again I explain to this idiot, that for the hose to reach, I will have to pass it over my trunk, down the side of the fender and then to the tank opening, to which he replies "so, wham fuh dat?" Man I cuss 'way dat like fuss time!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 31st, 2019, 7:20 am

De Dragon wrote:What about gas station employees who seem to have no sense? I went to refuel by Unipet and while in the line, this sweaty gas station employee motioning me to go to a pump, opposite to where my gas tank is located. Mind you, I'm already in a line where the tank and pump are adjacent. When I tell him politely, that I'd rather remain in this line, he gets all riled up, and starts muttering and gesticulating about people who "cyah understand simple instructions" and "de hose go reach"
Again I explain to this idiot, that for the hose to reach, I will have to pass it over my trunk, down the side of the fender and then to the tank opening, to which he replies "so, wham fuh dat?" Man I cuss 'way dat like fuss time!

You don't need any CXC for gas station wuk bro.

You just to bare with their level of education as we do this government

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 31st, 2019, 10:46 pm

zoom rader wrote:
De Dragon wrote:What about gas station employees who seem to have no sense? I went to refuel by Unipet and while in the line, this sweaty gas station employee motioning me to go to a pump, opposite to where my gas tank is located. Mind you, I'm already in a line where the tank and pump are adjacent. When I tell him politely, that I'd rather remain in this line, he gets all riled up, and starts muttering and gesticulating about people who "cyah understand simple instructions" and "de hose go reach"

You don't need any CXC for gas station wuk bro.

You just to bare with their level of education as we do this government

Cuss only pass after politely pointing out that I was not going to be dragging any nasty, gritty hose across my trunk.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 1st, 2019, 6:37 am

Cant get perfection from people.

While you guys are 'normal' you have 3 or 4 attendants dealing with all of the people that come in -in a rush, bad mood and generally ignorant....
The attendants end up on the receiving end of quite a lot of abuse.

It is not an easy job.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 1st, 2019, 6:41 am

Redman wrote:Cant get perfection from people.

While you guys are 'normal' you have 3 or 4 attendants dealing with all of the people that come in -in a rush, bad mood and generally ignorant....

It is not an easy job.

Men pips is that they bully a gas station attendant . If the man so lowly to you and he cuss when you don’t come across to dirty your car as a lion are you really listening to the sheep ??

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 1st, 2019, 6:47 am

Kenjo wrote:
Redman wrote:Cant get perfection from people.

It is not an easy job.

Men pips is that they bully a gas station attendant . If the man so lowly to you and he cuss when you don’t come across to dirty your car as a lion are you really listening to the sheep ??

It appears as though comprehension is elusive this morning. I told the attendant quite normally, and calmly that I preferred not to drag a dirty, gritty hose across my trunk and fender. ONLY when he insisted and started giving me attitude, that I let him have it. I really don't need or care for attendants and the advent of self service was to me a blessing.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”