Forums

Health Minister: BEWARE of boob jobs and butt lifts

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

abducted
Trinituner Peong

Health Minister: BEWARE of boob jobs and butt lifts

Postby abducted » November 4th, 2019, 1:01 pm

BEWARE of that boob job or Brazilian butt lift procedure you may be tempted to undergo. Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh says that while there are no laws to prevent T&T citizens from flying to neighbouring Venezuela or anywhere else in the world to have breast, butt, liposuction or other cosmetic surgeries done, people have to be careful about the risks that come with procedures.

A social media advertisement offers “Halloween Boobs” and liposuction cosmetic surgery in Venezuela last week.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... fd7c1.html

Advertisement
Rovin
punchin NOS

Re: Health Minister: BEWARE of boob jobs and butt lifts

Postby Rovin » November 4th, 2019, 1:03 pm

work with what u have ...

maj. tom
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby maj. tom » November 4th, 2019, 1:18 pm

I find it odd that the modern practice of medicine worldwide has not banned plastic surgery enhancements for the purposes of vanity. That some plastic surgeons would do anything for the money, even it it is contraindicated to the well-being of the patient. It is such an important field in all fields of surgery and study in medicine since it was pioneered by Dr. Harold Gillies in 1917 for the mutilated soldiers from the WWI battlefields, and here we have been using it for sometimes seemingly wrong reasons.

There are calls by the British and USA plastic surgery authorities to ban it as well:
https://web.archive.org/web/20191104171 ... 374585002/

hydroep
punchin NOS

Postby hydroep » November 4th, 2019, 1:24 pm

Fake boobs and bum-bums very unattractive IMO...:|

Kenjo
Shifting into 6th

Postby Kenjo » November 4th, 2019, 1:35 pm

It’s a business for a lot of women and some people have their psychological issues but they have to screen on their own before . Leave and let be. Any surgical procedure has complications and it’s not delaying people who need emergency plastic surgery and helps the surgeons to perfect the craft in this cases

timelapse
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby timelapse » November 4th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Watch botched

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » November 4th, 2019, 1:45 pm

Stick to the Botox and face filler injections

Ben_spanna
Riding on 18's

Postby Ben_spanna » November 4th, 2019, 1:57 pm

Why doesnt he focus on making sure that ALL our govt run institutions have the required amount of Medications and that all of our X-ray machines and cancer treatment places are properly run, let him ensure that doctors are being paid well and that they always have supporting staff and nurses.

STEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPS!

fokhan_96
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fokhan_96 » November 4th, 2019, 2:10 pm

hydroep wrote:Fake boobs and bum-bums very unattractive IMO...:|
vex-Kanye.jpeg
vex-Kanye.jpeg (13.79 KiB) Viewed 1346 times

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 4th, 2019, 3:09 pm

Cosign

MaxPower
punchin NOS

Postby MaxPower » November 4th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Terrance like he now learnin about dem ting?

Well DUH it have health risks, the information has been circulating for YEARS...

When did he realize smoking can cause cancer? Last week?

abducted
Trinituner Peong

Postby abducted » November 4th, 2019, 3:46 pm

If it's done professionally you will not be able to tell its fake,

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 4th, 2019, 5:18 pm

MaxPower wrote:Terrance like he now learnin about dem ting?

Well DUH it have health risks, the information has been circulating for YEARS...

The only thing asshat Deyalsingh knows is how to comp his daughter's wedding on taxpayer's money, and to chide people for criticizing free health care :roll:

MaxPower
punchin NOS

Postby MaxPower » November 4th, 2019, 5:38 pm

De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Terrance like he now learnin about dem ting?

The only thing asshat Deyalsingh knows is how to comp his daughter's wedding on taxpayer's money, and to chide people for criticizing free health care :roll:

Correct, a little scamp he is

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » November 4th, 2019, 5:45 pm

was It cheaper than the fertility treatments Camille take or Gary hunt wife bionic ear?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 4th, 2019, 11:55 pm

The Minaj girl is unimpressed.

matr1x
punchin NOS

Postby matr1x » November 5th, 2019, 6:20 am

If done right, its can look good.

That said, why he doh talk about rahel and superpharm. And where the medication come from.

88sins
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 88sins » November 5th, 2019, 1:34 pm

maj. tom wrote:I find it odd that the modern practice of medicine worldwide has not banned plastic surgery enhancements for the purposes of vanity. That some plastic surgeons would do anything for the money, even it it is contraindicated to the well-being of the patient. It is such an important field in all fields of surgery and study in medicine since it was pioneered by in 1917 for the mutilated soldiers from the WWI battlefields, and here we have been using it for sometimes seemingly wrong reasons.

There are calls by the British and USA plastic surgery authorities to ban it as well:

It's called personal choice, or in farrin speech they like to say "my body, my choice".
simply put, there is no way some random bureaucrat/politician can successfully dictate what he/she will allow you to do with your body. It's the treason why tattooing and piercings and other body mods can not be stopped. Now idk what you and others find so wrong with persons wanting to do something to their own body that they think would make them look more attractive to others or to be more comfortable with their own appearance. Think of it like going to the barber for a a haircut. If one day I told you that you were not allowed to go to the barber and that you could never cut your hair, again. You understand that this won't kill you or hurt you, but you know that you may not like how how look, especially if you accustomed to liking how you look when you now take a trim. So who's to say that a woman who naturally has small to almost no boobs and her self esteem in a similar position shouldn't be allowed to improve upon herself however she sees fit?

Granted, like all other things in life, cosmetic surgery has it's risks and can be abused, even to the detriment of the patient. That said, there is still nothing wrong if whoever wants goes to a qualified, certified, experienced & ethical professional to have a cosmetic procedure done. The alternative being patients actively risking their lives by seeking out back alley quacks with zero knowledge of what they doing and doing God alone knows what to ppl. ( Enter Pebbelz da model, stage right)

Me eh care who cut off or put in what where. Just do proper research before yuh do anything. That includes researching the doctor (his xp, how many times he did the procedure, how often problems arose, how his work looks, testimonials from other patients if possible, etc.), the hospital, how the procedure is done, the healing times, the potential complications, potential negative and positive side effects, and put things in place for just in case if something goes wrong you are prepared to financially, medically & emotionally handle the worst case scenario.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » November 5th, 2019, 1:45 pm

I know a guy who married to a vene a good while, since 90s
She went back for a procedure 6 yrs ago
She end up in a coma and still ain’t come out of it

matr1x
punchin NOS

Postby matr1x » November 5th, 2019, 1:54 pm

You know if we mine Marlene McDonald fat, we could power Trinidad for at least 700 years

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 5th, 2019, 2:15 pm

matr1x wrote:You know if we mine Marlene McDonald fat, we could power Trinidad for at least 700 years

Nope, we'd murder the environment within the first coupla days.

maj. tom
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby maj. tom » November 5th, 2019, 4:29 pm

88sins wrote:
maj. tom wrote:I find it odd that the modern practice of medicine worldwide has not banned plastic surgery enhancements for the purposes of vanity. That some plastic surgeons would do anything for the money, even it it is contraindicated to the well-being of the patient. It is such an important field in all fields of surgery and study in medicine since it was pioneered by in 1917 for the mutilated soldiers from the WWI battlefields, and here we have been using it for sometimes seemingly wrong reasons.

It's called personal choice, or in farrin speech they like to say "my body, my choice".
simply put, there is no way some random bureaucrat/politician can successfully dictate what he/she will allow you to do with your body. It's the treason why tattooing and piercings and other body mods can not be stopped. Now idk what you and others find so wrong with persons wanting to do something to their own body that they think would make them look more attractive to others or to be more comfortable with their own appearance. Think of it like going to the barber for a a haircut. If one day I told you that you were not allowed to go to the barber and that you could never cut your hair, again. You understand that this won't kill you or hurt you, but you know that you may not like how how look, especially if you accustomed to liking how you look when you now take a trim. So who's to say that a woman who naturally has small to almost no boobs and her self esteem in a similar position shouldn't be allowed to improve upon herself however she sees fit?

Granted, like all other things in life, cosmetic surgery has it's risks and can be abused, even to the detriment of the patient. That said, there is still nothing wrong if whoever wants goes to a qualified, certified, experienced & ethical professional to have a cosmetic procedure done. The alternative being patients actively risking their lives by seeking out back alley quacks with zero knowledge of what they doing and doing God alone knows what to ppl. ( Enter Pebbelz da model, stage right)

Me eh care who cut off or put in what where. Just do proper research before yuh do anything. That includes researching the doctor (his xp, how many times he did the procedure, how often problems arose, how his work looks, testimonials from other patients if possible, etc.), the hospital, how the procedure is done, the healing times, the potential complications, potential negative and positive side effects, and put things in place for just in case if something goes wrong you are prepared to financially, medically & emotionally handle the worst case scenario.

You're misunderstanding what I am saying. For the purposes for vanity, your choice is your choice when it comes to anything but surgery. Getting a haircut or a tattoo or a piercing is a very far cry from surgery. The practice of medicine is governed by certain rules and the Hippocratic oath. All cases of surgery is determined by the consulting doctor, not the patient. Surgery is only done when it is necessary because the risk of surgery is that the patient can die, be it from anaesthetic, an "oops i cut the wrong thing", or from bacterial infection due to deliberately opening a non-superficial wound in the body. It's a very high risk to perform surgery and that's why the surgeon and anaestheologist goes through a list of signed consent with the patient before going into the theater.

Right, so once that is established, a patient doesn't go to a doctor and say "Doc my belly hurting, do some surgery on me dey and take out my appendix. It's my choice, it's what i want." Plastic surgery can be directed on consultation with a psychiatrist or other qualified practitioner who can determine that a boob job or other vanity based plastic surgery procedure may really help this patient in a life struggle of body identity, and it's that necessary for the well being of this patient. So they will do surgery as a last resort, because in medicine, cutting someone open is the last resort due to the risks outlined above.

And the article I posted above from USA Today where plastic surgeons from the UK and USA are calling for such procedures to be banned is where i am coming from. There are doctors quoted who are saying that many patients have died due to complications of vanity plastic surgery procedures like the Brazilian Butt Lift. While the patient may want something like that, the Hippocratic Oath of a doctor should keep him in check and advise the patient that this will harm you more than it can do good. I found it odd that given those considerations that plastic surgery for vanity purposes is still being done like normal, like any other type of surgery by certain doctors who are simply pleased for the money. They are not interested in the well being of the patient.

Do you go by an eye surgeon and say "my eye blurry, give me an intravenous injection, it's my choice"? Do you think that an oculoplastic surgeon simply cuts because a patient just wants it, or would he cut because the patient is being affected every day by the condition, is suffering from the effects of e.g. having a severe strabismus at age 13, and the doctor can perform a cosmetic correction to improve the life of someone. This would not be a vanity procedure. Or how about the now banned scleral dyeing procedure? Where very unscrupulous people were injecting dyes into the sclera to make their entire eye look blue or black? A lot of people lost their vision and entire globe due to that vanity. It was their choice right?

By stark contrast you can go by certain plastic surgeons and say "give me a butt lift, it's my choice," and he will just say OK despite the risks, despite that this is not a necessary procedure, despite that this may cause more harm than good, despite that there was no other referral or consultation with mental health practitioners to really investigate the perceived problem of body image, and that's that. Despite the Hippocratic Oath to not harm the patient. Of course there will be many valid cases for cosmetic plastic surgery regarding sexual enhancements, but it should not be based alone on the whims of the vanity of a patient.

88sins
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 88sins » November 5th, 2019, 6:34 pm

maj. tom wrote:
88sins wrote:

You're misunderstanding what I am saying. For the purposes for vanity, your choice is your choice when it comes to anything but surgery. Getting a haircut or a tattoo or a piercing is a very far cry from surgery. The practice of medicine is governed by certain rules and the Hippocratic oath. All cases of surgery is determined by the consulting doctor, not the patient. Surgery is only done when it is necessary because the risk of surgery is that the patient can die, be it from anaesthetic, an "oops i cut the wrong thing", or from bacterial infection due to deliberately opening a non-superficial wound in the body. It's a very high risk to perform surgery and that's why the surgeon and anaestheologist goes through a list of signed consent with the patient before going into the theater.

Right, so once that is established, a patient doesn't go to a doctor and say "Doc my belly hurting, do some surgery on me dey and take out my appendix. It's my choice, it's what i want." Plastic surgery can be directed on consultation with a psychiatrist or other qualified practitioner who can determine that a boob job or other vanity based plastic surgery procedure may really help this patient in a life struggle of body identity, and it's that necessary for the well being of this patient. So they will do surgery as a last resort, because in medicine, cutting someone open is the last resort due to the risks outlined above.

And the article I posted above from USA Today where plastic surgeons from the UK and USA are calling for such procedures to be banned is where i am coming from. There are doctors quoted who are saying that many patients have died due to complications of vanity plastic surgery procedures like the Brazilian Butt Lift. While the patient may want something like that, the Hippocratic Oath of a doctor should keep him in check and advise the patient that this will harm you more than it can do good. I found it odd that given those considerations that plastic surgery for vanity purposes is still being done like normal, like any other type of surgery by certain doctors who are simply pleased for the money. They are not interested in the well being of the patient.

Do you go by an eye surgeon and say "my eye blurry, give me an intravenous injection, it's my choice"? Do you think that an oculoplastic surgeon simply cuts because a patient just wants it, or would he cut because the patient is being affected every day by the condition, is suffering from the effects of e.g. having a severe strabismus at age 13, and the doctor can perform a cosmetic correction to improve the life of someone. This would not be a vanity procedure. Or how about the now banned scleral dyeing procedure? Where very unscrupulous people were injecting dyes into the sclera to make their entire eye look blue or black? A lot of people lost their vision and entire globe due to that vanity. It was their choice right?

By stark contrast you can go by certain plastic surgeons and say "give me a butt lift, it's my choice," and he will just say OK despite the risks, despite that this is not a necessary procedure, despite that this may cause more harm than good, despite that there was no other referral or consultation with mental health practitioners to really investigate the perceived problem of body image, and that's that. Despite the Hippocratic Oath to not harm the patient. Of course there will be many valid cases for cosmetic plastic surgery regarding sexual enhancements, but it should not be based alone on the whims of the vanity of a patient.

We'll agree on some points, and not on others.
A physician that would perform any sort of procedure or even issue a prescription for medication without weighing the risks vs the benefits to the patient is in breach of the basic tenets of the ethics of the profession. Basically, whatever they are doing MUST be able to do more good than harm for the patient notnonly here & now but in the long run. So looking along that direction, professional ethical cosmetic surgeons the cosmetic surgeon then reviews the patient in full, patient says what they want, Dr. says either he will or will not recommend it being done. If he thinks it can safely be done, he proceeds to advise patient of the risks etc. If he doesn't think it's a good idea, he simply says so and delines the patients request & sends them on their way with not so much as a referral to another dr. given to the pt, unless it's a referral to a psychiatrist.
All I saying, if a gyul have a chest like a jookin board an she backside flatter than a tawah, & she want a boob job & butt implants nuttn wrong with that.

as per the recent sclerotic dye catastrophe, as far as I'm concerned, yup, it was their choice and they must live with the consequences of their choices. I believe in the 'if you play stupid games, you should know you'll win stupid prizes' philosophy. So if one is dumb enough to inject a dye made of what not even the devil knows what into an organ as sensitive as the eye and as delicate as the sclera just because it looks cool, expect neither sympathy nor aid especially from me when sheit happens to you.

I could touch on the mental health aspects re the pros & cons of specific cosmetic surgerys such as breast augmentations & rhinoplasty, but that go take to long & I eh doing all day typing at this hour.
It's a very nuanced topic

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » November 5th, 2019, 7:06 pm

so when a person go Caracas and get a botched job and in a life threatening situation and return to pos general
Do we taxpayers foot the bill still at our local hospitals?

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » November 6th, 2019, 5:40 am

pugboy wrote:so when a person go Caracas and get a botched job and in a life threatening situation and return to pos general

This...

And Terry, yuh illiterate fool (but relative as a PNM Minister) the Health Centre & Medical Institutions getta vaccine fuh the virus affecting Citizens presently??? But yuh talkin bout fake @S's & bress...

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 6th, 2019, 7:42 am

Terry, they have anything like a brain lift?

Blaze d Chalice
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 6th, 2019, 8:44 am

I may not be a (certified) plastic surgeon but if any of alyuh gyul considering it, I am more than willing to do a free layman's consultation/opinion.
At the end of the day, the surgeon only seeing it for a few hours, but is you, the bobolee boyfriend who have to see it most of the time. Well you are paying for it after all.
So my layman opinion would be necessary.

But on the other hand wrt Peter Schilling's points, you might say the purpose is vanity, but many women depend on their looks to bring in the $$$ .
Looks fading, is like a hole in your pocket.
Not just the 'porn star' or prostitute or 'model' but even the lil Quamina and Reshma who trying to pull their weight in work but always getting put last because the boss man like a certain 'look'

And finally, alyuh Trini women would really feel comfortable going to Venezuela for Surgery?
After all the chit talk alyuh talk about Venezuela and its women?

I know plenty used to do it years ago, but me'em know bout now.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 6th, 2019, 9:49 pm

No_Name wrote:
pugboy wrote:so when a person go Caracas and get a botched job and in a life threatening situation and return to pos general

This...

And Terry, yuh illiterate fool (but relative as a PNM Minister) the Health Centre & Medical Institutions getta vaccine fuh the virus affecting Citizens presently??? But yuh talkin bout fake @S's & bress...

This ass Deyalsingh seems most concerned about the things that matter the least. Maybe the next PNM retreat could be held at a medical facility, so when his daughter needs an ass, or breastesses, he could explain away the coincidence :roll:

RedVEVO
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby RedVEVO » November 7th, 2019, 1:34 am

hydroep
punchin NOS

Postby hydroep » November 7th, 2019, 3:30 pm

Business booming...

Hundreds of Trini women are doing butt, breast surgeries here
Anna Ramdass

Hundreds of Trinidad and Tobago citizens are going to Venezuela for cosmetic surgery and according to one doctor, there have been no complications.

Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh had told the Sunday Express that while there are no laws to prevent T&T citizens from flying to neighbouring Venezuela or anywhere else in the world to have breast, butt, liposuction or other cosmetic surgeries done, people have to be careful about the risks that come with procedures.

Dr Luis Fuenmayor, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Servicios Mediplan Int which works in partnership with T&T travel company Krystal Tours, told the Express that he agrees that caution must be exercised with any surgery, including cosmetic.

However, the doctor said he wants to clear any confusion for persons who may think his company was not offering top of the line certified procedures.

“We have been doing this for over 18 years now offering surgical services all around the world,” he said via WhatsApp, adding that patients come not only from Trinidad but globally including from Italy, Spain, England, the US and from other Caribbean islands such as Antigua and St Maarten.

He said Servicios Mediplan has offices in Trinidad, Panama, Colombia and Chile.

Fuenmayor said his team has been working with Trinidadian patients since 2014 and has performed surgeries on some 250 patients from this country.

“We haven’t had any type of complications, maybe one or two cases of dissatisfaction after the surgery but that’s the worse that it goes and we’ve always guaranteed our work so people who are unsatisfied with our work can always come back for a revision surgery if we consider it necessary,” he said.

Taboo topic

He said the company also has representatives in Trinidad so when patients return home from Margarita they have access to Trinidadian general surgeons and physical therapists who can work with them.

Fuenmayor said he has direct consultations with patients via WhatsApp and online and he explains in detail what should and should not be done.

He added that though the prices are advertised in US dollars, patients make their payments in TT dollars through Krystal Tours and they travel once they are booked.

“We receive them directly at the airport, it’s an all inclusive system, they are not alone at any moment, we receive them, check on them, we put them in a residential recovery house which is fully equipped with all the services, there’s a caretaker with them 24 hours a day, there’s a hostess to take care of them, all their needs and we offer all ground transportation for them through our drivers and staff,” he said.

He added that hospital fees, surgery, medication and everything that is required for surgery and recovery are provided.
Fuenmayor said the stay ranges from seven to 12 days.

“People are really satisfied with our services and hopefully it will continue that way,” he said.

He said procedures are not limited to cosmetic as there are other services such as bariatric or weight loss surgery, orthopaedic surgery and more.

“There is some type of taboo with cosmetic surgeries in Trinidad, it is totally different here in Venezuela, people are doing it and are going for it, if they are not satisfied with their bodies and want it change they can get it changed and that’s the interest of cosmetic procedure,” he said.

He said people have to choose their surgeons wisely and ensure they are accredited.

Fuenmayor said he works with a team of eight surgeons who have board certification from not only Venezuela but also in Great Britain, Colombia and in the US.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/hundreds-of-trini-women-are-doing-butt-breast-surgeries-here/article_c96896bc-0179-11ea-9d1d-d3f6f6662591.html

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”