TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Is the Toyota Aqua good?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8770
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby rspann » November 18th, 2019, 7:39 am

HN MonkeyBanzai, why you always on me so?

Advertisement
User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12576
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby sMASH » November 18th, 2019, 7:43 am

rspann wrote:
pugboy wrote:About a year or two inshan real lambast hybrids
Wonder what he saying now?


He change his story now . His whole yard full with Aquas. They good now because he selling them.

the police vehicle contract was bogus and set up ting when he didnt have it, and i would suppose it is no problem any more, seeing his yard full fixing them now.

User avatar
Kronik
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2163
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby Kronik » November 18th, 2019, 7:49 am

What about the Honda grace? How does that compare, it is priced around the same as a fielder

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10858
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby pugboy » November 18th, 2019, 8:04 am

I looking for some old battery modules to play around with

I have the equipment that is used for cycling and checking capacity and internal resistance

the equipment I have is from model aircraft battery systems and used by a lot of the guys abroad who service their own hybrid car batteries.

I asked on the local aqua fb group but them fellas in normal top secret mode and dont want to share info

the aqua/prius battery from i have seen is basic nickel metal hydride and not lithium based like a tesla

rspann wrote:
vaiostation wrote:How good are the mechanics in tt at fixing hybrids?


There are good ones and there are some that don't know their a ss from their elbow.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10858
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby pugboy » November 18th, 2019, 8:04 am

locally honda parts could be a problem

Kronik wrote:What about the Honda grace? How does that compare, it is priced around the same as a fielder

User avatar
Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 18122
Joined: April 19th, 2003, 6:46 pm
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby Monk BANzai » November 18th, 2019, 8:40 am

rspann wrote:There is a controller on the battery pack that regulates the voltage on each cell through sensors on the cells. Each cell is replaceable and there are guys who sell cells for$300 -$500. The sensors wires and contacts can get corroded and make technicians tell you the battery is gone, go to a reputable tech. The ioniqs and niro use a common battery and some have the 12v starter battery inside the hybrid battery pack so you don't see a 12v battery in the car. They are harder to charge but it really isn't a problem. There are used batteries available from almost new cars that sell for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I got one from a car doing 26km for $500 USD.....


Good stuff Capt BN!! Prices are dropping.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9787
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby Dizzy28 » November 18th, 2019, 8:59 am

Monk BANzai wrote:
rspann wrote:There is a controller on the battery pack that regulates the voltage on each cell through sensors on the cells. Each cell is replaceable and there are guys who sell cells for$300 -$500. The sensors wires and contacts can get corroded and make technicians tell you the battery is gone, go to a reputable tech. The ioniqs and niro use a common battery and some have the 12v starter battery inside the hybrid battery pack so you don't see a 12v battery in the car. They are harder to charge but it really isn't a problem. There are used batteries available from almost new cars that sell for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I got one from a car doing 26km for $500 USD.....


Good stuff Capt BN!! Prices are dropping.


Friday on a Monday??

What sorcery is this!!

User avatar
maj. tom
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5198
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: watching for Pigs on the Wing.

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby maj. tom » November 18th, 2019, 9:07 am

Bad news about the Honda parts. I hoping i don't get in any accident for a parts repair.
How come parts dealers in Bamboo don't have for the RORO Hondas we're getting now? They're selling really well in Japan and the Far East countries.

User avatar
Spitfir3
punchin NOS
Posts: 3575
Joined: September 1st, 2009, 11:11 pm

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby Spitfir3 » November 18th, 2019, 11:14 am

like these men said
1.car is dead quiet
2.spacious for small to medium sized folks
3.handles smooth road really well
4.maintenance items and parts getting easier to get with the car being mature on the market not to mention the sheit ton it have on the road
5.has some decent pep for such a dinky lil engine
6.fuel efficient

would rather recommend the aqua for a personal daily commute vehicle as opposed to the ad unless you need a lot of storage room

K_J_R
Street 2NR
Posts: 94
Joined: January 11th, 2015, 12:43 pm

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby K_J_R » November 18th, 2019, 11:22 am

maj. tom wrote:Yeah and they are named Prius C in other markets like Singapore and Malaysia, but it's made for that market. It's like comparing a basic model 2016 RAV-4 sold from Toyota Trinidad vs. a basic model 2016 RAV-4 sold in USA/EU vs. a fully loaded used model for JDM. Same name and look, but different features when you dig deeper.

In USA there are some heavy laws in safety features: https://one.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import ... index.html
The basic cars made for other markets with no such laws can leave out many of that stuff listed on the website above. They usually don't conform to the standard VIN format used in USA/EU and would use some weird system used by the JDM using the model and chassis number combined like RU1-34****85 (RU1 is Honda Vezel), as well as listing other codes on the plate like factory and engine type.



the prius-c is also sold by toyota here i think for less than 150k.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8770
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby rspann » November 18th, 2019, 11:52 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
Monk BANzai wrote:
rspann wrote:There is a controller on the battery pack that regulates the voltage on each cell through sensors on the cells. Each cell is replaceable and there are guys who sell cells for$300 -$500. The sensors wires and contacts can get corroded and make technicians tell you the battery is gone, go to a reputable tech. The ioniqs and niro use a common battery and some have the 12v starter battery inside the hybrid battery pack so you don't see a 12v battery in the car. They are harder to charge but it really isn't a problem. There are used batteries available from almost new cars that sell for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I got one from a car doing 26km for $500 USD.....


Good stuff Capt BN!! Prices are dropping.


Friday on a Monday??

What sorcery is this!!


I have access to the cars crashed in IIHS tests. Brand new cars that they use in safety tests with crash dummies. Some have 1 mile because they ram objects into their roofs to check curtain airbags. Just brought in a front half for a countryman that did less than 50miles

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8770
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby rspann » November 18th, 2019, 12:28 pm

maj. tom wrote:Bad news about the Honda parts. I hoping i don't get in any accident for a parts repair.
How come parts dealers in Bamboo don't have for the RORO Hondas we're getting now? They're selling really well in Japan and the Far East countries.


I just did a new CRV ,went up Miami , reached the dealership at 5 pm ,and by 7 pm got all the parts I needed including a wheel rim and airbags. The only thing I didn't get was the fog lamp because they did not have the LED type there as yet. The only problem with sourcing parts in the US is that the local VIN does not always work there, but there are ways around that.

User avatar
aaron17
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1283
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby aaron17 » November 18th, 2019, 12:58 pm

Spitfir3 wrote:like these men said
1.car is dead quiet
2.spacious for small to medium sized folks
3.handles smooth road really well
4.maintenance items and parts getting easier to get with the car being mature on the market not to mention the sheit ton it have on the road
5.has some decent pep for such a dinky lil engine
6.fuel efficient

would rather recommend the aqua for a personal daily commute vehicle as opposed to the ad unless you need a lot of storage room
Handles smooth road pretty well? Lmao...much more rough

User avatar
Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 18122
Joined: April 19th, 2003, 6:46 pm
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby Monk BANzai » November 18th, 2019, 4:32 pm

Spitfir3 wrote:like these men said
1.car is dead quiet
2.spacious for small to medium sized folks
3.handles smooth road really well
4.maintenance items and parts getting easier to get with the car being mature on the market not to mention the sheit ton it have on the road
5.has some decent pep for such a dinky lil engine
6.fuel efficient

would rather recommend the aqua for a personal daily commute vehicle as opposed to the ad unless you need a lot of storage room


Question...what does the CC say in terms of CC's and HP rating?

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10858
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby pugboy » November 18th, 2019, 4:59 pm

how come the fu dealers dont bring the regular prius ?
they are very popular all around the world esp for taxis

User avatar
Rockram
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 113
Joined: February 18th, 2019, 6:57 pm
Location: From The Red Universe

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby Rockram » November 18th, 2019, 5:15 pm

rspann wrote:The fielder , the Axio and the Aqua use the same electronic parts ie the Hybrid electronics and battery. The difference would be the size . They are good vehicles and really don't give any problems. There is also the regular gas engine Axio and Fielder. The Prius is more complicated and carry totally different parts. All the parts are available used in the local foreign used shops. The Vezel is also good but parts is the problem. You will get certain body parts in the US and some by ANSA but the mechanical parts are different to the HRV although they look like the same vehicle. The parts are extremely hard to come by. Nobody has parts for the fit except those parts that are shared by other models, which are very few. There are no body , lights or mechanical parts available except by order. Right now I have two Vezels and a Fit waiting on parts in my garage. One person is buying damaged Vezels and scrapping them because of the demand but the front of those are damaged so it's back to square one. On the other hand I have an Aqua, a fielder hybrid and an Axio hybrid that parts were available many places in the Bamboo. The cost of the aqua parts were very high initially, but they are coming down as they become older and more available.


Out of curiosity what parts the Vezels require in your garage... I really like these vehicles but I'm concerned about reliability.

User avatar
wing
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 316
Joined: December 17th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby wing » November 18th, 2019, 5:15 pm

pugboy wrote:how come the fu dealers dont bring the regular prius ?
they are very popular all around the world esp for taxis
Prius is 1.8L. No exemption from taxes etc.

User avatar
aaron17
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1283
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby aaron17 » November 18th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Rockram wrote:
rspann wrote:The fielder , the Axio and the Aqua use the same electronic parts ie the Hybrid electronics and battery. The difference would be the size . They are good vehicles and really don't give any problems. There is also the regular gas engine Axio and Fielder. The Prius is more complicated and carry totally different parts. All the parts are available used in the local foreign used shops. The Vezel is also good but parts is the problem. You will get certain body parts in the US and some by ANSA but the mechanical parts are different to the HRV although they look like the same vehicle. The parts are extremely hard to come by. Nobody has parts for the fit except those parts that are shared by other models, which are very few. There are no body , lights or mechanical parts available except by order. Right now I have two Vezels and a Fit waiting on parts in my garage. One person is buying damaged Vezels and scrapping them because of the demand but the front of those are damaged so it's back to square one. On the other hand I have an Aqua, a fielder hybrid and an Axio hybrid that parts were available many places in the Bamboo. The cost of the aqua parts were very high initially, but they are coming down as they become older and more available.


Out of curiosity what parts the Vezels require in your garage... I really like these vehicles but I'm concerned about reliability.
Dct?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8770
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby rspann » November 18th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Rockram, We do collision repairs for insurance companies but we also supply parts for cars that are being repaired in other garages. It's mainly body and mechanical parts , but sometimes electrical parts come into play, like flooded vehicles or where components are damaged in the accident. The two last Vezels I brought in parts from USA but they didn't have the RS so I had to use some from another car and re order what I used.

Right now I'm waiting on a SRS ECU for a vezel because once they crash they won't restart if the airbags deploy. We can remove the crash data and get them started but they are linked to the lane change system the brake hold and the anti skid. The only place it's available is in Japan. Ansa has parts for the HRV but most parts are different from the Vezel although they look identical. The suspension parts are slightly different so it's mostly some of the body parts that are compatible.

All in all they are good cars but the electronics is very complicated and be prepared to wait a couple months for parts.

User avatar
Rockram
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 113
Joined: February 18th, 2019, 6:57 pm
Location: From The Red Universe

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby Rockram » November 18th, 2019, 6:56 pm

rspann wrote:Rockram, We do collision repairs for insurance companies but we also supply parts for cars that are being repaired in other garages. It's mainly body and mechanical parts , but sometimes electrical parts come into play, like flooded vehicles or where components are damaged in the accident. The two last Vezels I brought in parts from USA but they didn't have the RS so I had to use some from another car and re order what I used.

Right now I'm waiting on a SRS ECU for a vezel because once they crash they won't restart if the airbags deploy. We can remove the crash data and get them started but they are linked to the lane change system the brake hold and the anti skid. The only place it's available is in Japan. Ansa has parts for the HRV but most parts are different from the Vezel although they look identical. The suspension parts are slightly different so it's mostly some of the body parts that are compatible.

All in all they are good cars but the electronics is very complicated and be prepared to wait a couple months for parts.


Thanks for the solid info...i am skeptical of availability of parts I'm especially concerned with the DCT... But what I find encouraging is its very popular with current buyers... A lot being sold which will encourage spare part vendors to stock them... I hope

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 21524
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby nervewrecker » November 18th, 2019, 8:18 pm

They need body parts regular?

how are the prices on parts like fenders etc?

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10858
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby pugboy » November 18th, 2019, 8:23 pm

D&D does advertise themselves as the hybrid experts for sales

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8770
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby rspann » November 18th, 2019, 8:28 pm

@ nervewrecker ,The price of a fender was $1500 , the bumper was $4000 to$6000 depends on the dealer, but the prices are going down. You can get a fender for $1000 and a bumper for $3000. I got some parts by a guy next door to your straightener in Akbar Tr. at reasonable prices. Seems he brought in a few halves.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8770
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby rspann » November 18th, 2019, 8:30 pm

pugboy wrote:D&D does advertise themselves as the hybrid experts for sales


They bringing in a lot and financing them too. Something like 1500 per month. They say parts coming soon

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8770
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby rspann » November 18th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Inshan have too.
IMG-20191118-WA0001.jpg

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 21524
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby nervewrecker » November 18th, 2019, 8:53 pm

rspann wrote:@ nervewrecker ,The price of a fender was $1500 , the bumper was $4000 to$6000 depends on the dealer, but the prices are going down. You can get a fender for $1000 and a bumper for $3000. I got some parts by a guy next door to your straightener in Akbar Tr. at reasonable prices. Seems he brought in a few halves.


Right under my nose and I donno that? :shock:

Most of the time I does reach as far as by auto addix to get random stuff. Will ask kiran about is as I might quicker run into him.

I was contemplating making a mold of something just for shiz. But might as well make a mold of something that will sell and fetch a decent price.

User avatar
Rovin
punchin NOS
Posts: 3036
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 1:14 pm
Location: picking up bottle on Chaguanas main road

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby Rovin » November 18th, 2019, 9:35 pm

what about hooking up some hard pong or not so hard pong in any hybrid , u connect it to d gas engine's batt like normal & d engine alt will recharged it as usual ???

any complications on doing this ? ....

User avatar
Kronik
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2163
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby Kronik » November 18th, 2019, 10:44 pm

Rovin wrote:what about hooking up some hard pong or not so hard pong in any hybrid , u connect it to d gas engine's batt like normal & d engine alt will recharged it as usual ???

any complications on doing this ? ....
Well I have seen quite a few aqua and fielder hybrid with music, so I guessing it's doable

Phone Surgeon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13042
Joined: October 11th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby Phone Surgeon » November 18th, 2019, 11:05 pm

saw this in an auction last night

studying to order it for kix

them small car does be nice to go certain places when parking
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsR1VLwJ4ULxuG&w=320.jpg
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsR1VLwJ4ULxuG&w=320.jpg (34.82 KiB) Viewed 234 times
hard to get
Attachments
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsQXL05aPt2fnw&w=320.jpg
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsQXL05aPt2fnw&w=320.jpg (33.88 KiB) Viewed 234 times
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsQWXZs3gR6aQJ&w=320.jpg
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsQWXZs3gR6aQJ&w=320.jpg (32.3 KiB) Viewed 234 times
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsQUAwBCB2gXgm&w=320.jpg
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsQUAwBCB2gXgm&w=320.jpg (44.99 KiB) Viewed 234 times
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsQP3riEGJIryP&w=320.jpg
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsQP3riEGJIryP&w=320.jpg (40.07 KiB) Viewed 234 times
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsQOfhGw98Mn33&w=320.jpg
5YqN6x1SgL2nD1hgQxbF3xwqkFnrsQOfhGw98Mn33&w=320.jpg (43.28 KiB) Viewed 234 times

User avatar
EL JEFE
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 708
Joined: February 25th, 2004, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Is the Toyota Aqua good?

Postby EL JEFE » November 19th, 2019, 5:55 am

rspann wrote:@ nervewrecker ,The price of a fender was $1500 , the bumper was $4000 to$6000 depends on the dealer, but the prices are going down. You can get a fender for $1000 and a bumper for $3000. I got some parts by a guy next door to your straightener in Akbar Tr. at reasonable prices. Seems he brought in a few halves.


Mind sharing where this is?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], hydroep, MrOptions, shake d livin wake d dead and 45 guests