Forums

Minister: Custom RFID license plates coming in January 2020

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Minister: Custom RFID license plates coming in January 2020

Postby abducted » November 21st, 2019, 12:26 am

The new li­cense plate sys­tem, which would in­clude ra­dio fre­quen­cy iden­ti­fi­ca­tion mark­ers should be avail­able from ear­ly next year, Min­is­ter of Works and Trans­port Ro­han Sinanan has said.

The Min­is­ter, who was a guest speak­er at the An­nu­al Gen­er­al Meet­ing of the Con­sular Corps at the Rad­di­son yes­ter­day, said the sys­tem which would al­low for cus­tomised in­di­vid­ual iden­ti­fi­ca­tion plates could be in place by as ear­ly as Jan­u­ary.

The Con­sular Corps is the rep­re­sen­ta­tive body of this coun­try’s diplo­mat­ic rep­re­sen­ta­tives to var­i­ous coun­tries across the world.

“We are com­ing with the ID plates which will ben­e­fit most of you in this room, where you could go and pay for your cus­tomised num­ber plate,” said Sinanan.

Sinanan said the im­ple­men­ta­tion of the plates would aid in the crime fight and would al­so aid in clamp­ing down on one of many “un­eth­i­cal prac­tices” which had de­vel­oped in the li­cens­ing di­vi­sion where spe­cif­ic li­cense plate num­bers were sold to per­sons for an ad­di­tion­al fee.

Sinanan al­so ex­plained that it would al­so aid the po­lice in the iden­ti­fi­ca­tion of fake li­cense plates on stolen ve­hi­cles, as they would no longer be able to have plates cre­at­ed at var­i­ous car shops and oth­er lo­ca­tions across the coun­try.

“We are go­ing to cre­ate a plate es­pe­cial­ly for you, so that way you can iden­ti­fy your­self. That tech­nol­o­gy gives us the abil­i­ty to do that,” said the Min­is­ter, who al­so said it was no sur­prise that since there were at­tempts to com­put­erise the li­cens­ing di­vi­sion, that per­sons have been charged for fraud, as he es­ti­mat­ed mil­lions of dol­lars had been ob­tained fraud­u­lent­ly through­out the di­vi­sion over the years.

He al­so re­vealed plans to al­low for on­line ap­pli­ca­tion for cer­ti­fied copies and de­liv­ery via TTPost, which he es­ti­mat­ed would re­duce the num­ber of peo­ple head­ing in­to li­cens­ing of­fices by 30 per cent.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/cu ... g.facebook

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Minister: Custom license plates coming in January 2020

Postby pugboy » November 21st, 2019, 5:36 am

if they want to clamp down on crime they need to switch to the plates being tied to the owner of the car
when you sell a car you keep the plates and the car gets the plates of the new owner
very simple, all developed countries use this system

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » November 21st, 2019, 6:17 am

Cant wait for this...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 21st, 2019, 6:29 am

how does that work with a person with multiple vehicles? say like, u have 3 on ur name, for some reason u gone down to two, then up to 3 again?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 21st, 2019, 6:46 am

sMASH wrote:how does that work with a person with multiple vehicles? say like, u have 3 on ur name, for some reason u gone down to two, then up to 3 again?

I don’t think the plates will be interchangeable between cars . Can’t take the one off your Porsche on Tuesday and put it on the tiida just because you feeling like. Hence the ID chips

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 21st, 2019, 6:58 am

is there a template to see what can be possible?

^ for colm...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 21st, 2019, 7:14 am

Kenjo wrote:
sMASH wrote:how does that work with a person with multiple vehicles? say like, u have 3 on ur name, for some reason u gone down to two, then up to 3 again?

I don’t think the plates will be interchangeable between cars . Can’t take the one off your Porsche on Tuesday and put it on the tiida just because you feeling like. Hence the ID chips

what i mean is like what happens to the plate if u get rid of a vehicle, say like finally sell the project, then like a 5 years pass, and like one of the children get big to drive so u buy another.
what happens to the plate of the car u sold? do u still own it? is it de registered from u? do u keep it and can put it back on another vehicle?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 21st, 2019, 7:26 am

There may be more bobol with reserving of custom plates tho

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 21st, 2019, 7:31 am

Anyone knows how much they're gonna cost?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 21st, 2019, 7:33 am

I booking GR8ISDPNM.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 21st, 2019, 7:42 am

heard numbers like 888 and 8888 done reserved already for the affluent that have their contacts..... there go be a fight for W3TMAN and ZE55ER ….

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 21st, 2019, 8:08 am

abducted wrote:
Sinanan said the im­ple­men­ta­tion of the plates would aid in the crime fight and would al­so aid in clamp­ing down on one of many “un­eth­i­cal prac­tices” which had de­vel­oped in the li­cens­ing di­vi­sion where spe­cif­ic li­cense plate num­bers were sold to per­sons for an ad­di­tion­al fee.

buuuuuut didn't they say the random number software dealt with this?
So is he saying the current new ratch-proof system can still be manipulated for people who want 'special' numbers?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 21st, 2019, 8:16 am

MG Man wrote:
abducted wrote:

So is he saying the current new ratch-proof system can still be manipulated for people who want 'special' numbers?

No he saying if you so inclined to pay for a ‘special’ plate there’s a legitimate way instead of bribing someone so the LO has nothing to hold over your head again.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 21st, 2019, 8:46 am

4U2ENVY

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » November 21st, 2019, 9:12 am

I’d go with this one - FAAQUE

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 21st, 2019, 10:12 am

j.o.e wrote:
MG Man wrote:
abducted wrote:

No he saying if you so inclined to pay for a ‘special’ plate there’s a legitimate way instead of bribing someone so the LO has nothing to hold over your head again.

exactly, so he's implying it'ss till possible to bribe an officer now to get a special plate, even though they said the current 'random number' system makes it impossible to get reserve a number

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 21st, 2019, 10:41 am

this sounding like a heap of chaos

plus is LGE now & GE next yr ...

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 21st, 2019, 10:44 am

MG Man wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
MG Man wrote:
abducted wrote:

exactly, so he's implying it'ss till possible to bribe an officer now to get a special plate, even though they said the current 'random number' system makes it impossible to get reserve a number

It is still possible tbh. Just you can’t get EXACTLY what you want .... when you bribe you get dibs on the best numbers released for THAT day. Men eh paying for that sheet. Also you hadda go higher up to see those numbers.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » November 21st, 2019, 10:50 am

I sure YUNVDI4 gone already :cry:

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » November 21st, 2019, 8:19 pm

:arrow: Any symbols, ganja leaf maybe...

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 21st, 2019, 8:33 pm

I getting DUANE@3NE2NR and selling it to a millionaire .

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 21st, 2019, 8:42 pm

I looking to get #72

rspann wrote:I getting DUANE@3NE2NR and selling it to a millionaire .

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 21st, 2019, 8:59 pm

No_Name wrote: :arrow: Any symbols, ganja leaf maybe...

Hopefully the clasped hands, or the fish, plz god.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 21st, 2019, 11:12 pm

IML4LIFE

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 22nd, 2019, 12:16 am

It’s about time we get rid of this sequential system. A lot of sales was for people to own a new series plate. So from next year we will truly look at date of manufacture and mileage etc to truly determine value.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 22nd, 2019, 7:38 am

So how will our dotish police occifers be able to tell how old a car is again? Yuh realise that from now on when theres a roadblock checking to see whos cars have been inspected- everyone will be pulled over .

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 22nd, 2019, 7:42 am

Police will still profile the usual suspects and the heavy lifters will drive through...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 22nd, 2019, 7:54 am

16 cycles wrote:Police will still profile the usual suspects and the heavy lifters will drive through...

Hahahahaha

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » November 22nd, 2019, 7:55 am

If it's anything like the UK system then it would be fine. I'd definitely look at a custom plate though.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 22nd, 2019, 9:34 am

Ben_spanna wrote:So how will our dotish police occifers be able to tell how old a car is again? Yuh realise that from now on when theres a roadblock checking to see whos cars have been inspected- everyone will be pulled over .

ent it have a RFID chip? ent its a simple process of police using a scanner to pull up the vehicle info?

this would be great for crime prevention
they need to put scanners at plenty intersections and roads so that any time a crime is committed in a area, they could tell what vehicles pass through that area at any certain time

they hadda implement the "tamper proof" screws for vehicle numberplates though

cuz ppl who doing crimes would just simply steal numberplates from cars as needed.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”