Forums

FCB to RBL

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chris00007
3NE 2NR for life

FCB to RBL

Postby Chris00007 » December 6th, 2019, 6:39 pm

So I have both a First Citizens Savings account and a Republic Bank Chequings account. My salary comes through the FCB account and my plan is to use the rbl account as my personal savings account.

I have online banking with FCB and I know there's the option to transfer funds from FCB to another account but is there a limit to this amount? And how long does this transfer take?

I plan on transferring my savings each month from FCB to RBL via online banking. Any simpler or more efficient methods?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: FCB to RBL

Postby The_Honourable » December 6th, 2019, 6:54 pm

Online banking from one bank to a different bank takes approx 3 days. Fastest way is to withdraw cash from FCB and fast deposit into RBL.

If not, cater for the 3 day delay and adjust to suit.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 6th, 2019, 6:55 pm

create an Abercrombie fcb account

use this as your savings account

transfers will be immediate

across banks it takes 4 days

you will have no access to your funds during these days

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 6th, 2019, 9:19 pm

FCB -> RBL takes much longer than 4 days. maybe a full week to be reflected in the acct.
Steup a custom Payee in FCB online banking. Make sure the acct num and name match what's on RBL.

Eg. If you're John Smith on FCB and John Aaron Smith on RBL, use the latter.

There is a daily account limit of 5k TTD to push. Dunno why.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » December 7th, 2019, 1:21 am

an FCb problem that is not an FCB problem.
FCB is slow to respond to the query to give you the "cheque" number used for payment transfer.
but it has always been the person at RBL or RBC respectively, who should finalize the transaction, that is working at a union rate, making it take sometimes as much as 14 working days.

d.d.s.
Sweet on this forum

Postby d.d.s. » December 7th, 2019, 9:49 am

Possible to ask payroll to send a portion to FCB and the rest to RBL?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 7th, 2019, 9:50 am

I can online transfer up to 20,000 per day which is also my max per week with FCB. Usually Do it when I need to top up my Scotia account as my loan with them. Average time for the transfer to happen is 4 working days.
VexXx Dogg wrote:FCB -> RBL takes much longer than 4 days. maybe a full week to be reflected in the acct.
Steup a custom Payee in FCB online banking. Make sure the acct num and name match what's on RBL.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » December 7th, 2019, 9:54 am

Imagine in 2020, interbank transfers taking almost a week. My goodness

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » December 7th, 2019, 12:05 pm

^^ and their bank fees is immediate.... :lol:

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 7th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:I can online transfer up to 20,000 per day which is also my max per week with FCB. Usually Do it when I need to top up my Scotia account as my loan with them. Average time for the transfer to happen is 4 working days.
VexXx Dogg wrote:FCB -> RBL takes much longer than 4 days. maybe a full week to be reflected in the acct.

That 20k is within/between FCB accts only, no?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 7th, 2019, 1:10 pm

l33t2 wrote:Imagine in 2020, interbank transfers taking almost a week. My goodness

Despite it actually being almost real time.
Or at worst end of day

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 7th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Why 2 different banks?
Have 2 accounts in same bank

I have one as abrecombrie which means at least a lil more interest

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » December 7th, 2019, 7:21 pm

l33t2 wrote:Imagine in 2020, interbank transfers taking almost a week. My goodness

boi say thank god that you can actually transfer from FCB to Republic as it impossible to do the other way. Do other banks (Scotia, RBC, JMMB) allow interbank transfers via their web platform?

What is even a greater FU from RBL to me is that they charge for online transactions (ex: paying your own CC) on normal savings accounts so make sure you read the fine print.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » December 7th, 2019, 7:41 pm

daxt0r wrote:

boi say thank god that you can actually transfer from FCB to Republic as it impossible to do the other way. Do other banks (Scotia, RBC, JMMB) allow interbank transfers via their web platform?

What is even a greater FU from RBL to me is that they charge for online transactions (ex: paying your own CC) on normal savings accounts so make sure you read the fine print.

Hmm all the beat-up RBC does get, but at least i can transfer to any bank (48 hours) and they don't charge for these transactions.

But still we lightyears behind UK's faster payments networks

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » December 7th, 2019, 10:29 pm

l33t2 wrote:
daxt0r wrote:

Hmm all the beat-up RBC does get, but at least i can transfer to any bank (48 hours) and they don't charge for these transactions.

But still we lightyears behind UK's faster payments networks

I think I was charged $8 by RBC for an online transfer to another RBC customer.
RBL should waiver the fees for paying your CC, they rather you line up in bank and pay with cash?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 7th, 2019, 10:47 pm

PariaMan wrote:Why 2 different banks?
Have 2 accounts in same bank

I have one as abrecombrie which means at least a lil more interest

spreading risk around

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 7th, 2019, 11:14 pm

No I can use the 20k limit for other bank payments. It's not under transfer but payments and the 2nd bank is set up as a vendor.

I'll screenshot once I behind my laptop.
VexXx Dogg wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:I can online transfer up to 20,000 per day which is also my max per week with FCB. Usually Do it when I need to top up my Scotia account as my loan with them. Average time for the transfer to happen is 4 working days.

That 20k is within/between FCB accts only, no?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 7th, 2019, 11:17 pm

Why haven't you switched then? The power is yours not Thiers. They need your business . I hate to hear ppl complain but the fees in bank but they never make a move to switch.

I pay no fees at FCB for anything routine such as statements, use of online to so transfer etc. I only have Scotia BC they were offering cash back on loans a few years ago.

Was with RBC for years before seeing the light.
daxt0r wrote:

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » December 8th, 2019, 12:40 am

with scotia online u can transfer to any bank and it's same day delivery once u do it by 12:30pm

also say your daily limit is 100k, you can send $100k to your other scotia accounts like credit cards etc and u can also send another 100k to third parties in the same day everyday

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”