TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Anyone has experience using TTPOST to return a package to Amazon?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Anyone has experience using TTPOST to return a package to Amazon?

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 8th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Looking to return an item about 14" x 14" x 5" @5.25 LBS / 2.38 KGS

Any idea of the cost to return this and the time for it to arrive? I will get time to ship it 23rd of this month and it has to reach by Feb 1st 2020 for the latest.

Any info is appreciated.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Anyone has experience using TTPOST to return a package to Amazon?

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 8th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Was watching this

https://ttpost.net/wp-content/uploads/2 ... y-2019.pdf

pretty costly to return 5 pounds in an envelope? about $500 or more, I guess shipping from Trinidad is a lot more expensive than what your skybox charge to ship from Miami to here...

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » December 8th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Aeropost has free returns for Amazon products

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 8th, 2019, 2:44 pm

l33t2 wrote:Aeropost has free returns for Amazon products
Ttpost works well, But a bit pricey. But nothing too bad. And that is because another carrier takes over in muricah, not because ttpost.

Can't beat free returns tho

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 8th, 2019, 4:03 pm

Is that only for paying customers? If the item wasn't shipped with them then what?

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » December 8th, 2019, 4:06 pm

Srs.. Did not know this. Wonder who else has that free facility.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 8th, 2019, 4:31 pm

No idea Aeropost had free returns WTF

So if I want this returned I could contact them and pay for it to be returned? cause I didn't use Aeropost TTPOST pricing is very high it would cost me half the price I paid for my item just to return it at which point I might aswell keep it

From what I am reading it would cost nearly $600 TT to get 5 pounds just to Las Vegas Amazon Warehouse which is where it needs to go, my guess is it might cost even more than that. LOL

But what I don't get is the woman on the phone said is $157 to ship something that amounts to 1KG back to Amazon, so the chart on TTPOST site doesn't seem to make sense. Unless she means $157 to get it to the US and then you pay more to get it to Las Vegas?

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » December 8th, 2019, 4:42 pm

It's a warranty/return policy last 2 items I got had a charge for $1.50 us about $10 TT each ...but I haven't used it yet to return anything yet...... both items were around $20 us so I don't know if it varies with the cost

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » December 8th, 2019, 6:54 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:No idea Aeropost had free returns WTF

So if I want this returned I could contact them and pay for it to be returned? cause I didn't use Aeropost TTPOST pricing is very high it would cost me half the price I paid for my item just to return it at which point I might aswell keep it

From what I am reading it would cost nearly $600 TT to get 5 pounds just to Las Vegas Amazon Warehouse which is where it needs to go, my guess is it might cost even more than that. LOL

But what I don't get is the woman on the phone said is $157 to ship something that amounts to 1KG back to Amazon, so the chart on TTPOST site doesn't seem to make sense. Unless she means $157 to get it to the US and then you pay more to get it to Las Vegas?

Yea I've used it many times, it's a rel bess service with some caveats.

You need to order the item initially with them (duh, they aint doing this for charity).

You need to bring the package to them 14 days before the Amazon return due date (usually a month after the item was delivered).

So effectively you have roughly 7 days in Trinidad with the item before you can return for free with Aeropost.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » December 8th, 2019, 6:55 pm

zorced wrote:
Srs.. Did not know this. Wonder who else has that free facility.

So far I think it's only Aeropost.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 8th, 2019, 7:06 pm

So lets say the item is $400 US for a TV on Amazon say you get some black friday special you see and you bring it in with Aeropost, how much extra are they going to charge you if say websource is charging $80 US to ship the TV? how much Aeropost will charge? since they including return fees in that one time?

Also what happens with regards to the Vat and Duty you paid to clear said TV? do you get that refunded since you aren't going to have the TV?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » December 8th, 2019, 7:14 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=547355&start=2490#p9957031

read this and the corresponding posts. And Customs don't care about sale price. They charging every time goods cross the border.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » December 8th, 2019, 9:24 pm

l33t2 wrote:

You need to order the item initially with them (duh, they aint doing this for charity).

You need to bring the package to them 14 days before the Amazon return due date (usually a month after the item was delivered).

So effectively you have roughly 7 days in Trinidad with the item before you can return for free with Aeropost.

You don't need to have ordered through them initially. They charge $1.5 usd on every package for their return program, regardless of if you return it or not.

If I get 10 items for the month but return 1, is it still a free return when I paid 15 USD already?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 9th, 2019, 10:01 am

Sighhh

Sufferers want to buy nice thing and ketchin they assss to return it.

Think ahead.....if you cannot afford to return it or stressin out too much....then DONT buy it.

Remember its Christmas time, free up the courier delivery vans for us and allyuh could support local.

Online shopping aint for everyone.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 10th, 2019, 6:16 am

Orrrr its no worries guys I found the correct link

https://ttpost.net/wp-content/uploads/2 ... t-2019.pdf

TTpost has a cheap method of doing this for a fraction of the price, only $157 TT for the first KG and then only $18 TT after for each half a KG so my price went down from $700 from their humming bird service whatever that means? down to only $200

What a relief yes they say it taking 10 days at most. Once my thing reach by Feb 1st I good cause that is the dead line.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » December 10th, 2019, 11:39 am

Aeropost Warranty / Returns Program charges vary a lot. Last order I got they charged TT$30.38. Could you imagine if I had 5 separate orders, they would have charged me 5 times.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Strugglerzinc wrote:
l33t2 wrote:

You don't need to have ordered through them initially. They charge $1.5 usd on every package for their return program, regardless of if you return it or not.

If I get 10 items for the month but return 1, is it still a free return when I paid 15 USD already?

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » December 11th, 2019, 11:15 pm

ibc has free returns as well, so long as you shipped in the item with them and you have a return shipping label. Im actually going to drop off another return moro. just gotta fill out a caricom form an das it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”