Forums

WTK: Ordering Online, Shipping to Trinidad Without Skybox

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Energy0091
3NE 2NR for life

WTK: Ordering Online, Shipping to Trinidad Without Skybox

Postby Energy0091 » December 28th, 2019, 5:24 pm

I'm very curious to know if anyone buys from sites like Amazon and others like it and ship directly to Trinidad.
- Is it safe?
- How is it cleared?
- Is it more cost efficient?
- Have you ever lost packages in transit?

Also, include any helpful information that you may deem as relevant.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: WTK: Ordering Online, Shipping to Trinidad Without Skybox

Postby 88sins » December 28th, 2019, 6:06 pm

Comes in, goes through customs gets charged with the usual VAT, ID OPTand gets delivered to you by TTPost, takes a bit more time to get delivered (if the item is bulky or heavy, you will have to go to the post office to pick it up), it could potentially end up being a bit more expensive to ship (depending on who Amazon used to forward the item to Trinidad) When you pay to collect at TTPost, the import fees are already on the bill.
I not 100% sure if ttpost has insurance so if you receive your item and it's damaged you might ketch royal hell to prove they were the cause and get compensation for it. This isn't a problem with most sky box. Then there's some items Amazon will NOT ship directly to Trinidad. Skybox alleviates that problem as well.

My humble opinion, honestly, dude, you safer and better off getting a skybox. There's more than one very good reason why 99.9999% of the people that shop online DON'T use TTPost unless is for cheap things you buy directly from China, then you can use TTPost. Cuz those things would take it almost a month or sometimes longer to reach the here or the US, so from a speed perspective it only makes a financial difference. Same risks apply.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 28th, 2019, 6:14 pm

once i ordered some jerseys on aliexpress
ttpost say local customs couldn’t give a value or some nonsense like that and returned it to china
ttpost themselves couldn’t give an answer
they kept saying customs did their nonsense before it reached them
last time i ever trust ttpost for goods

what was interesting though is the chinese aliexpress seller got return notification fairly quick and refunded me.

Energy0091
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Energy0091 » December 28th, 2019, 6:19 pm

@88sins, thanks for the info. I do have a skybox (Websource) but I was wondering if I'd be able to have more control by shipping my stuff directly to me and maybe even save a few bucks.

Energy0091
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Energy0091 » December 28th, 2019, 6:22 pm

pugboy wrote:what was interesting though is the chinese aliexpress seller got return notification fairly quick and refunded me.

Yh, that does sound unfortunate and I've always heard that you can't trust TTPOST. I remember being sent rollerblades over 15 years ago... I'm still waiting on them.
Glad you got your refund.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » December 28th, 2019, 7:49 pm

A relative in Trinidad sent me a post card since the start of the month. It hasn't reached yet. Don't trust TTPOST with nothing

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 28th, 2019, 7:50 pm

forget about ttpost at all costs
not worth the hassle and lack of answers to inquiries

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 29th, 2019, 7:48 am

alfa wrote:A relative in Trinidad sent me a post card since the start of the month. It hasn't reached yet. Don't trust TTPOST with nothing

i still waiting for my November phone bill.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 29th, 2019, 8:40 am

I had a package sent through TTPOST from a mainland China company and it was a nightmare.

I only direct ship into Trinidad with FedEx or DHL.

If someone is sending me something locally, I send a guy on a scooter to pick it up.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 29th, 2019, 10:07 am

Energy0091 wrote:@88sins, thanks for the info. I do have a skybox (Websource) but I was wondering if I'd be able to have more control by shipping my stuff directly to me and maybe even save a few bucks.

Yeah I get that, it's completely understandable. You aren't the only one to think that. But what most people come to discover is that whatever little you might save in shipping costs by going with TTPost you will lose in aggravation and the risk of never getting your item.

FWIW, for sending local mail TTPost is relatively ok. I tested them myself a few times, sent myself a letter, and it arrived back to me in 3 days. Sending overseas mail with them can be iffy. I've sent letters to Japan and Germany some years ago, and to date they still eh reach. And to be clear,
they were both sent by registered mail.
Since then, if/when I personally have to send anything outside of Trinidad or very important documents or something that weighs more than a letter, courier for that.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 29th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Bought some stuff from Thailand for my pickup - shipped through TTPOST.
Tracking is pointless. Make sure your paperwork is proper. Takes 6-9 weeks to reach.
Just pay, wait, then figure out the nightmare to collect.

Apparently the TTPost branch offices (*cough*Couva*cough*) can close for lunch ANYTIME! I went all 3pm and they were nowehere to be found. Had to make the trip like 3-4 times before I was able to collect.

Duties and VAT seemed a very lax compared with Aeropost, but I eh complain.

*edit: Handling is a mess - all my boxes were damn near shredded and my items exposed :/

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 29th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Shipped a kathoey??
VexXx Dogg wrote:Bought some stuff from Thailand for my pickup - shipped through TTPOST.
Tracking is pointless. Make sure your paperwork is proper. Takes 6-9 weeks to reach.
Just pay, wait, then figure out the nightmare to collect.

Apparently the TTPost branch offices (*cough*Couva*cough*) can close for lunch ANYTIME! I went all 3pm and they were nowehere to be found. Had to make the trip like 3-4 times before I was able to collect.

Duties and VAT seemed a very lax compared with Aeropost, but I eh complain.

*edit: Handling is a mess - all my boxes were damn near shredded and my items exposed :/

Cen-Serv Ltd
Street 2NR

Postby Cen-Serv Ltd » December 29th, 2019, 9:27 pm

Gr8 info....

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 30th, 2019, 10:59 am

What is the cheapest way to bring in a pair of floor standing speakers and a sub woofer? maybe approx 130 pounds in total?

Is either I do that or buy parts and build it down here, cut my own wood and glue it etc? but if I do I really want it to sound and look like those nice Klipsch expensive speakers.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 30th, 2019, 11:52 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:What is the cheapest way to bring in a pair of floor standing speakers and a sub woofer? maybe approx 130 pounds in total?

Is either I do that or buy parts and build it down here, cut my own wood and glue it etc? but if I do I really want it to sound and look like those nice Klipsch expensive speakers.

cheapest shipping is ocean freight, & most skybox companies can ship it this way for you if you specify that's what you want. As you should expect, takes hella longer to get here.
You can easily get custom built audio to sound just like or even better than brand name assembled whole units. Just have to buy the appropriate components and materials to match what you want to replicate, or if you can afford it buy better. Then it's mainly all about building the enclosure to the optimal specs of the components you have & finally finishing to the appearance you want.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » December 30th, 2019, 2:55 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:i still waiting for my November phone bill.

That one is not TT Post's fault. TSTT has been messing up on sending bills on time for the whole year.

I got my October bill (dated Oct 3) on December 2 (mind you, payment was due on Nov.2). When I called TSTT to get my November bill, on Dec 3, they said the system did not generate it as yet (that bill would have been due by Nov 2).

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 30th, 2019, 3:08 pm

bluefete wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:i still waiting for my November phone bill.

That one is not TT Post's fault. TSTT has been messing up on sending bills on time for the whole year.

I got my October bill (dated Oct 3) on December 2 (mind you, payment was due on Nov.2). When I called TSTT to get my November bill, on Dec 3, they said the system did not generate it as yet (that bill would have been due by Nov 2).

i can do you one better
I eh get a bill, via mail or even an account balance or estimate, not even when I checking online since June 2019

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”