TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
Devourment
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 276
Joined: February 3rd, 2010, 10:55 am

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby Devourment » February 2nd, 2020, 1:57 pm

rspann wrote:....but people in a band are usually closer than six ft , and they wine up and touch each other while singing and talking loudly at close range to overcome the music. They usually hug up too. That not dangerous? As for the touching of surfaces , isn't the report saying they don't know if it spreads that way?


It's likely it does, they just haven't concluded it yet.

If you look at dispersion studies outdoor environments are far less likely to spread disease than indoors. Though singing shouting pose risks. Wining, not really you aren't facing face to face.

Advertisement
rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10976
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby rspann » February 2nd, 2020, 1:59 pm

Far less likely ,but likely anyhow? Anyway, lemme stop asking questions before I get labelled UNC or anti carnival. I'm just anti-corona virus.

User avatar
paid_influencer
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 964
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby paid_influencer » February 2nd, 2020, 2:06 pm

Devourment wrote:
Gladiator wrote:Devourment, you do know that coronavirus hasn't reach as yet but we have people sleeping in the hospital corridors all now due to no beds. BTW how many test kits for this new virus do we have in T&T?


Yes that's why I said we aren't prepared for an outbreak. What we are following is WHO and CDCs guidelines in identifying the sick. That's all we and literally all countries can do, along with the quarantine procedures.


Well there's more that we can do. consider a SWOT analysis for having Carnival in the middle of an emerging pandemic.

Strengths:
No confirmed outbreaks in US/Canada/Europe as on 2nd February.
No confirmed local outbreaks.

Weaknesses:
Poor health care infrastructure
Limited local diagnostic capacity to outbreaks
14-day incubation period means we don't really know if there are any current outbreaks in US/Canada/Europe

Opportunities:
Revenue earned from carnival/fetes.

Threats:
Thousands of deaths if there is even a 3% mortality rates
Collapse of trade and industry if we are quarantined
Travel restrictions by US/Canada/Europe if we get confirmed cases

User avatar
meccalli
punchin NOS
Posts: 4382
Joined: August 13th, 2009, 10:53 pm
Location: Valsayn
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby meccalli » February 2nd, 2020, 2:14 pm

https://docplayer.net/32550853-Outbreak ... -2012.html
https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(16)30994-8/fulltext
During large scale open air festivals, respiratory infections can easily be transmitted due to overcrowded conditions which may contribute to the spread of new influenza viruses, as reported during the 2009 pandemic [25,26]. The risk of transmission and of the introduction of new strains of viruses in countries hosting MGs or large scale open air festivals has been documented at such events [8,27,28]. Therefore, risk assessment and the establishment of preventive strategies should be implemented in preparation for large scale open air festivals.

FordeG
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 154
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby FordeG » February 2nd, 2020, 2:23 pm

meccalli wrote:https://docplayer.net/32550853-Outbreaks-associated-to-large-open-air-festivals-including-music-festivals-1980-to-2012.html
https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(16)30994-8/fulltext
During large scale open air festivals, respiratory infections can easily be transmitted due to overcrowded conditions which may contribute to the spread of new influenza viruses, as reported during the 2009 pandemic [25,26]. The risk of transmission and of the introduction of new strains of viruses in countries hosting MGs or large scale open air festivals has been documented at such events [8,27,28]. Therefore, risk assessment and the establishment of preventive strategies should be implemented in preparation for large scale open air festivals.


This is why we need to cancel carnival, this stupid phd student feel he know ting.

User avatar
meccalli
punchin NOS
Posts: 4382
Joined: August 13th, 2009, 10:53 pm
Location: Valsayn
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby meccalli » February 2nd, 2020, 2:33 pm

I didn't say anything about cancelling carnival, just pointing out that he needs to go over the reality about viral transmission, which is clearly being downplayed.

User avatar
eitech
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2628
Joined: November 11th, 2006, 10:03 am

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby eitech » February 2nd, 2020, 2:38 pm

Ah dunno why ppl does come here to compete with our own forum doctors, lawyers, pastors, politicians, etc. LOL.

Dohplaydat
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 431
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby Dohplaydat » February 2nd, 2020, 2:39 pm

meccalli wrote:I didn't say anything about cancelling carnival, just pointing out that he needs to go over the reality about viral transmission, which is clearly being downplayed.


I for one think canceling carnival is ridiculous if there's no outbreak outside of China. As far as the contagion (this a word?) of this virus, I can't say. I do imagine any cramped quarters is risky, though he is right in saying carnival isn't that cramped. At least no compared to places like New Yorkk or London.

Either way, my position is simple, no outbreak in the western hemisphere means we are safe for now.

Gladiator
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2297
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby Gladiator » February 2nd, 2020, 2:48 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
meccalli wrote:I didn't say anything about cancelling carnival, just pointing out that he needs to go over the reality about viral transmission, which is clearly being downplayed.


I for one think canceling carnival is ridiculous if there's no outbreak outside of China. As far as the contagion (this a word?) of this virus, I can't say. I do imagine any cramped quarters is risky, though he is right in saying carnival isn't that cramped. At least no compared to places like New Yorkk or London.

Either way, my position is simple, no outbreak in the western hemisphere means we are safe for now.


Doesn't look cramped to me...

Image

Dohplaydat
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 431
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby Dohplaydat » February 2nd, 2020, 3:03 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
meccalli wrote:I didn't say anything about cancelling carnival, just pointing out that he needs to go over the reality about viral transmission, which is clearly being downplayed.


I for one think canceling carnival is ridiculous if there's no outbreak outside of China. As far as the contagion (this a word?) of this virus, I can't say. I do imagine any cramped quarters is risky, though he is right in saying carnival isn't that cramped. At least no compared to places like New Yorkk or London.

Either way, my position is simple, no outbreak in the western hemisphere means we are safe for now.


Doesn't look cramped to me...

Image


Well, of course, there are times (i.e. is the stage which is the most cramped time perhaps).

But again herein lies the issue, 35000 people come down to play mas (almost all are from NA, UK, where there are no outbreaks).

I just looked at the stats, we barely have a real increase in arrivals for carnival.
t2.JPG


t1.JPG


And then we pale in comparison to tourist arrivals compared to some of the other islands.

Old data yes, but the trends will be the same.

So the only real issue with Carnival is the 'crowd' but that isn't significantly more risky than other interactions people will have.

User avatar
maj. tom
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6416
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: watching for Pigs on the Wing.

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby maj. tom » February 2nd, 2020, 3:12 pm

Image

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10976
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby rspann » February 2nd, 2020, 4:15 pm

Is it valid to compare arrivals in other countries? When tourists visit ,they spread out in hotels resorts and generally all over. For carnival all the visitors are in one area.

Dohplaydat
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 431
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby Dohplaydat » February 2nd, 2020, 5:40 pm

rspann wrote:Is it valid to compare arrivals in other countries? When tourists visit ,they spread out in hotels resorts and generally all over. For carnival all the visitors are in one area.


Maybe maybe not. But we generally don't have regular tourists either way. Persons visiting here coming to meet and greet people regardless if it's carnival or not.

screwbash
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1254
Joined: April 19th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby screwbash » February 2nd, 2020, 6:47 pm

see a video circulating about some country spraying people as they get off the plane and some arse here wah say i have worms in meh head. like he too slow he mother shuda swallow he instead yes.

User avatar
maj. tom
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6416
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: watching for Pigs on the Wing.

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby maj. tom » February 2nd, 2020, 6:59 pm

spray yourself down with some puncheon rum.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7599
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby redmanjp » February 2nd, 2020, 7:01 pm

Carnival is still 3 weeks away and things could escalate quickly before that. In the US there is already person to person transmission WITHIN the US meaning someone contracted the virus in the US, not by visiting China. Also the incubation period is up to 2 weeks meaning plenty of time to spread to other ppl before you even know you have it.
I say short of taking drastic measures as canceling Carnival ban anyone who come in from China the past 2 weeks (before the immigration ban) from attending any fete, in fact quarantine them at home for 2 weeks after they left China, and track down all persons they had contact with.

Implement screening at all fetes and on Carnival Monday and Tuesday at all taxi hubs im POS and major venues. That includes both thermal scanners as well as asking about travel history. Perhaps even setup a de facto immigration check at those places and require ppl to show their passports. ( cuz ppl go lie so as not to miss Carnival)
Last edited by redmanjp on February 2nd, 2020, 7:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
MaxPower
punchin NOS
Posts: 4204
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby MaxPower » February 2nd, 2020, 7:02 pm

88sins wrote:
MaxPower wrote:What about banning Maxipad into trinituner and other web forums in other countries?

Isnt Maxipad also a form of contamination/virus/plague/never ending diarrhea?


Fixed it for you.

You're welcome.


So in others words you are saying that my meaningful posts affect you emotionally?

We talking about serious business here raper boy, not your little tote rant on a ole talk forum.

User avatar
maj. tom
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6416
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: watching for Pigs on the Wing.

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby maj. tom » February 2nd, 2020, 7:03 pm

Spraying passenger disembarking does absolutely nothing. What about all the areas that the disinfectant not touching? What about where the virus actually lives in their noses and respiratory systems? How the disinfectant reaching all there? Who the ass was the retardeeo who came up with that idea in Indonesia? :lol:

Image
Image

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7599
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby redmanjp » February 2nd, 2020, 7:11 pm

Dey eyes must be burning :lol:

User avatar
shogun
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13196
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 12:24 pm
Location: Gone Rogue.

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby shogun » February 2nd, 2020, 7:12 pm





Impressive despite the circumstances.

Dohplaydat
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 431
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby Dohplaydat » February 2nd, 2020, 7:19 pm

shogun wrote:



Impressive despite the circumstances.


And we taking 3 years to build a freaking interchange in Curepe, big f*cking steups yes.

Dohplaydat
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 431
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby Dohplaydat » February 2nd, 2020, 7:21 pm

redmanjp wrote:Carnival is still 3 weeks away and things could escalate quickly before that. In the US there is already person to person transmission WITHIN the US meaning someone contracted the virus in the US, not by visiting China. Also the incubation period is up to 2 weeks meaning plenty of time to spread to other ppl before you even know you have it.
I say short of taking drastic measures as canceling Carnival ban anyone who come in from China the past 2 weeks (before the immigration ban) from attending any fete, in fact quarantine them at home for 2 weeks after they left China.

Implement screening at all fetes and on Carnival Monday and Tuesday at all taxi hubs im POS and major venues. That includes both thermal scanners as well as asking about travel history. Perhaps even setup a de facto immigration check at those places and require ppl to show their passports. ( cuz ppl go lie so as not to miss Carnival)


lol dude this aint happening. And all cases in the US have been quarantined. Like that other dude said, unless they have an outbreak in the US, Canada, UK or whoever else flies to trinidad, there is little to no chance it ending up here yet.

I now realize is better we have Carnival now rather than later.

Dohplaydat
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 431
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby Dohplaydat » February 2nd, 2020, 7:24 pm

https://www.dailysabah.com/health/2020/ ... n-48-hours

Thailand 'cures' coronavirus with anti-HIV drug cocktail in 48 hours


Chinese woman infected with the new coronavirus showed a dramatic improvement after she was treated with a cocktail of anti-virals used to treat flu and HIV, Thailand's health ministry said Sunday.

The 71-year-old patient tested negative for the virus 48 hours after Thai doctors administered the combination, doctor Kriengsak Attipornwanich said during the ministry's daily press briefing.

"The lab result of positive on the coronavirus turned negative in 48 hours," Kriengsak said.

"From being exhausted before, she could sit up in bed 12 hours later."

The doctors combined the anti-flu drug oseltamivir with lopinavir and ritonavir, anti-virals used to treat HIV, Kriengsak said, adding the ministry was awaiting research results to prove the findings.

The news comes as the new virus claimed its first life outside China – a 44-year-old Chinese man who died in the Philippines – while the death toll in China has soared above 300.

Thailand so far has detected 19 confirmed cases of the virus believed to have originated in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, which is under lockdown.

That is the second-highest number of cases outside of China, with Japan recording 20.

So far, eight patients in Thailand have recovered and returned home, while 11 remain in the hospital.

In a video released Sunday, Thai health minister Anutin Charnvirakul visited a patient from Wuhan who had recovered from the coronavirus, chatting with her amicably in Mandarin as she thanked him and the medical staff.

Thai authorities are trying to balance the screening of inbound Chinese visitors with the economic needs of its tourist sector, which is heavily reliant on arrivals from the mainland.

Messages of support saying "Our hearts to Wuhan" in English, Chinese and Thai were plastered on a Bangkok mall popular with tourists.

The bulk of confirmed cases have been Chinese visitors to Thailand, but on Thursday the kingdom recorded its first human-to-human transmission when a Thai taxi driver was diagnosed with the disease.

The taxi driver had not traveled to China but may have had contact with tourists.

Thailand's government is also battling public criticism that it has been slow to evacuate scores of its citizens from Hubei province, at the center of the outbreak.

Anutin said the evacuation would happen Tuesday, and the returnees would be quarantined for 14 days.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10976
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby rspann » February 2nd, 2020, 7:32 pm

So the taxi driver got it from passengers?

User avatar
paid_influencer
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 964
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby paid_influencer » February 2nd, 2020, 7:35 pm


matr1x
punchin NOS
Posts: 3058
Joined: February 25th, 2017, 7:46 am

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby matr1x » February 2nd, 2020, 7:50 pm

Someone somewhere is hoping for this to spread and initiate a global collapse





Fallout: carona edition for the win

Gladiator
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2297
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby Gladiator » February 2nd, 2020, 8:43 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Carnival is still 3 weeks away and things could escalate quickly before that. In the US there is already person to person transmission WITHIN the US meaning someone contracted the virus in the US, not by visiting China. Also the incubation period is up to 2 weeks meaning plenty of time to spread to other ppl before you even know you have it.
I say short of taking drastic measures as canceling Carnival ban anyone who come in from China the past 2 weeks (before the immigration ban) from attending any fete, in fact quarantine them at home for 2 weeks after they left China.

Implement screening at all fetes and on Carnival Monday and Tuesday at all taxi hubs im POS and major venues. That includes both thermal scanners as well as asking about travel history. Perhaps even setup a de facto immigration check at those places and require ppl to show their passports. ( cuz ppl go lie so as not to miss Carnival)


lol dude this aint happening. And all cases in the US have been quarantined. Like that other dude said, unless they have an outbreak in the US, Canada, UK or whoever else flies to trinidad, there is little to no chance it ending up here yet.

I now realize is better we have Carnival now rather than later.


Its all well and good to have a positive outlook but a true professional would also consider the risks. In your first post you mentioned politics and UNC people pushing to cancel Carnival. The opposite is also true, PNM and PNM people would never cancel carnival because they see it as political suicide.

Your argument of Carnival not being a hotbed for the spread of this virus is just weak and anyone with common sense can see the opposite. In a more advanced country they would see the benefits of postponing a street party for the benefit of public health. I guess in our 3rd country with 3rd world thinkers the party takes precedence.

At the end of the day, Carnival would take place as normal, PNM people would spend out all they money, Syrian and Indian businessmen would fill their pockets. Hopefully nobody brings in the virus but if they do at least yuh go get a chance to skin out yuh bam bam in the middle of the road.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10933
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby Dizzy28 » February 2nd, 2020, 8:57 pm

If they do find some with Corona virus in Trinidad where would they isolate them?

Caura??

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12696
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby pugboy » February 2nd, 2020, 8:59 pm

ent they say lara stadium to be used for disaster relief ?
besides it only using for fetes now


Dizzy28 wrote:If they do find some with Corona virus in Trinidad where would they isolate them?

Caura??

User avatar
maj. tom
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6416
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: watching for Pigs on the Wing.

Re: Coronavirus - Wuhan, China strain

Postby maj. tom » February 2nd, 2020, 9:01 pm

They had a plan for Ebola. I think the plan still stands as a response for such a case.


Wed Oct 15 2014
Khan said the pro­pos­al con­tem­plat­ed was that peo­ple with a his­to­ry of trav­el­ling among Ebo­la-hit ar­eas be quar­an­tined for 21 days for ac­tive sur­veil­lance on any sign of the virus.The quar­an­tine lo­ca­tion would be the Cau­ra Hos­pi­tal. Once they did not show signs of the virus, they would get med­ical clear­ance, he said.
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/tt-opts ... 8e71cd46a9

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: axe, elec2020, Kewell35 and 50 guests