TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 50 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby Chimera » March 23rd, 2020, 10:00 am

pugboy wrote:cyclists in chaguaramas want to keep riding on the main road now that macqueripe rd closed

let them ride in circles in their backyard...wdf..

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 23rd, 2020, 10:11 am

they talking about once they stay 6ft apart
but a long line of cyclists 6ft apart will still raise a flag with the authorities

Phone Surgeon wrote:
pugboy wrote:cyclists in chaguaramas want to keep riding on the main road now that macqueripe rd closed

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 23rd, 2020, 10:12 am

teems1 wrote:
MG Man wrote:buddy in Holland said yesterday the weather was nice and people were out in drives in the parks by him, even they supposed to be under lockdown too....humans in general are dotish, not just the ones here

The Dutch were trying a herd immunity strategy instead of total lockdown.

I'm not sure if they're backtracking on it now.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2020/03/mps-back-ministers-on-coronavirus-herd-immunity-is-not-the-aim-says-rutte/

he said they not allowing cash either

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 23rd, 2020, 10:16 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:

I ride for an hour in the streets where I live. about 12-16 km a day depending on level of laziness....it's not impossible
Sucks for the trail riders tho

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 23rd, 2020, 10:20 am

carluva wrote:...Even the Brazilian visitor has the most sense. The authorities have to do what they have to do. A visitor can see the logic but a Trini can't? Come on now, these people are not for real...

He'll go back to Brazil and spend a couple of weeks at a beach in Rio de Janeiro. #notmissingathing

[IMG]https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/16/8c/14/06/ipanema.jpg
[/IMG]

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 23rd, 2020, 10:21 am

pugboy wrote:they talking about once they stay 6ft apart
but a long line of cyclists 6ft apart will still raise a flag with the authorities

Phone Surgeon wrote:

ent they still hadda congregate where they parking their vehicles to start and end their rides?

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » March 23rd, 2020, 10:41 am

No MOH update as yet

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 23rd, 2020, 10:49 am

KM_2NR wrote:Government needs to shut down the country before its too late , its probably too late.
Any predictions for April and May?

50 confirmed cases with questionable contact tracing.

14 day incubation period with a R0 of 2.6.

Numerous persons potentially in contact.

Rough maths here and this is purely illustrative and based on how I understand it (If I am wrong please correct me). Assume from the primary 50 cases, 20 persons transmitted to secondary persons, including health workers. That's 20 x 2.6 = 52. Then they transmit to 52 x 2.6 = 135. And they in turn transmit to 135 x 2.6 = 352.

So it is possible that in two weeks time, there could be a big jump. This outcome is likely because the probability of the same is not low given the facts that 1) restrictions were implemented a bit late, 2) people not following the restrictions, worryingly 3) people may not report their illness if they show signs (rather, they'll go for a seabath or take some bush medicine) and more worryingly 4) some people may be asymptomatic which leads to most worryingly of all 5) government or no-one for that matter will know the exact numbers which can be much higher than what is being reported.

So sadly, the prediction for the next few weeks is a possible surge in numbers, after which the country will go into lockdown and only then will people realise the true severity of this situation.

Following this surge, there will be some stress on our healthcare system, especially as other people start to show symptoms.

Remember also that many people on Trinidad are suffering from the effects of the Sahara dust which aggravates those with allergies and those with Asthma. So the effects of the virus could unfortunately be compounded in those individuals.

TBH, no country was able to curtail the spread from the onset (i.e. a proactive approach). Every country now is dealing with it reactively, including T&T. So unfortunately, the odds are against us on all fronts. There could be a glimmer of hope as the countries most affected begin to get things under some control and then seek to redeploy supplies to the affected countries. And, as these countries begin to get it under control some measure of normalcy may come back and businesses resume (under reduced throughputs) which help with stabilising trade, demand and supply etc.

All we can do is stay put, isolate at home, only come out when necessary and then practice social distancing. In other words, practice common sense.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 23rd, 2020, 10:54 am

20200323_105327.jpeg
20200323_105312.jpeg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 23rd, 2020, 11:02 am

did she get it here, or bring it here?

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/fever-body-aches-trini-in-canada-awaits-test-results/article_691de818-6c9d-11ea-a0dd-47bd989d7f65.html

Fever, body aches: Trini in Canada awaits test results
Three days after she left this country on March 8, a Trindadian national residing in Canada developed COVID-19-like symptoms and has been tested and is awaiting the results.

The 54-year-old woman said she came to Trinidad on February 29 and when she returned home, she came down with fever, headache and body pains for four days.

“I returned to Toronto on March 8. On Wednesday, March 11, right after work, I started having headaches, fever and chills.

“On Thursday, after getting body aches too, I went to the hospital at Joseph Brant in Burlington to be tested for this virus.

“I had no cough or breathing issues. I had four days of intermittent fever and cold sweating and body aches.

“I was scared and got myself tested but it’s been seven days now and I’m still waiting on the results. There’s an overload of the health system here.

“If I wasn’t sticking to my quarantine and had the virus, how many people would have been exposed?”

A bank worker who lives in Toronto, she said she is self-quarantined at home and has begun to feel better but is still anxious to know the results of the test.

“I don’t even know if at this point I’m positive. At the moment I’m having a major hot flash. I don’t know what it is.”

She said during her stay in Trinidad she visited Gran Couva, St Mary’s in Freeport, St James, Macqueripe, Maracas, Debe, the Sulphur springs in Penal, Gulf City in San Fernando and even the CNC3 television station.

Asked if she felt she became ill in Trinidad, she replied, “If I’m COVID-positive, it’s possible.”

She added, however, that prior to her visit to Trinidad she went on a vacation to Malaysia and Thailand from December 28, 2019 to January 10 this year and passed through Hong Kong.

“I got sick in Malaysia with fever, sweats, sore throat and coughing and went to the doctor there and got better.”

She said she has not been to the stores since February 27 and children, relatives and friends have been keeping in contact with her and helping out.

“Right now, I have cabin fever,” she said, on a lighter note. “I am sick from being cooped up inside.”

She said her employers have allowed her to continue working from home.

“I want to know the results of my test so I can know how to proceed.”

She pleaded with everyone to be careful. “Treat everyone as though he is sick and treat yourself as though you are sick. Practise social distancing and proper hygiene. Help flatten the curve.”

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 23rd, 2020, 11:04 am

no 51 confirmed

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 23rd, 2020, 11:09 am

Yup all imported

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 23rd, 2020, 11:13 am

pugboy wrote:they talking about once they stay 6ft apart

Phone Surgeon wrote:

They don't need to ride in herds.

I glad I always ride solo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Road was quiet yesterday from Couva straight to Piarco. The only downside is that quiet roads open up the avenue for the few jackholes to drive like cnuts

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 51 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 23rd, 2020, 11:16 am

Now at 51

90883780_3223287031034416_8346256117768126464_n.jpg

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » March 23rd, 2020, 11:22 am

3 things they need to stop saying about covid19:
-It affecting old people
-The cases mild
-Is imported cases so far.

That just encouraging idiots to believe they never at risk.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 23rd, 2020, 11:22 am

Them cruisers getting hit hard!!

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » March 23rd, 2020, 11:24 am

Now this number 51, if that person arrived separately...was that person in quarantine upon arrival or was that person 'roaming' around...in the self imposed quarantine

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » March 23rd, 2020, 11:26 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Now at 51

90883780_3223287031034416_8346256117768126464_n.jpg

I hope they do contact tracing for that one person who returned separately from the cruise that they mentioned...

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » March 23rd, 2020, 11:29 am

X_Factor wrote:Now this number 51, if that person arrived separately...was that person in quarantine upon arrival or was that person 'roaming' around...in the self imposed quarantine

I'd say #2. Much like this government's response.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 23rd, 2020, 11:36 am

the other 27 must be eating plenty garlic and ting

Dizzy28 wrote:Them cruisers getting hit hard!!

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » March 23rd, 2020, 11:40 am

DTAC wrote:
X_Factor wrote:Now this number 51, if that person arrived separately...was that person in quarantine upon arrival or was that person 'roaming' around...in the self imposed quarantine

They pick up this person in Felicity yesterday. Apparently there was a whole Felicity crew that went on the plague ship. A prominent cloth store merchant and his family and a coach affiliated with the WICB and his family. This one came back separately from the rest of them and has been moving around the village and to and from Chaguanas, not to say anything of the people who live in the same residence.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 23rd, 2020, 11:46 am

triniterribletim wrote:
DTAC wrote:

They pick up this person in Felicity yesterday. Apparently there was a whole Felicity crew that went on the plague ship. A prominent cloth store merchant and his family and a coach affiliated with the WICB and his family. This one came back separately from the rest of them and has been moving around the village and to and from Chaguanas, not to say anything of the people who live in the same residence.

bruhh

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 2 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby sMASH » March 23rd, 2020, 11:48 am

aaron17 wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:
dean_spleen09 wrote:instead of posting sheit on tuner whole day , use your pc to help the cause na
https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/15/co ... ple-terms/

This is a good idea tbh

Post it in the PC thread too. Let those virgins use their GPU's for something useful for once.
Ah yes ..the ps3 days

fall een in barnacules team, not sure how to find a local group.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 23rd, 2020, 12:32 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
DTAC wrote:

The only coach with WICB affiliations from Chag afaik is also a councillor on the CBC.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » March 23rd, 2020, 12:39 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
DTAC wrote:

The only coach with WICB affiliations from Chag afaik is also a councillor on the CBC.

Trini is a small place. Very hard to keep things quiet. Not any and anybody could retain that old scamp Ramesh, after all.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 23rd, 2020, 1:02 pm

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 23rd, 2020, 1:28 pm

Mild, mild, mild, mild...liver damage...:|

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 51 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby MaxPower » March 23rd, 2020, 2:02 pm

2pm,

Dont rush to view.

Currently have 2 dunces chatting about “Coping with Covid-19”....watch CNN or BBC to get more accurate info from the experts that actually study this.

Keith will come when he is ready

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 23rd, 2020, 2:10 pm

Rlm doh do pro bono wuk?

triniterribletim wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
DTAC wrote:

Trini is a small place. Very hard to keep things quiet. Not any and anybody could retain that old scamp Ramesh, after all.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 23rd, 2020, 2:12 pm

Media Conference - Monday 23rd March 2020

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”