TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 53 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby Gladiator » March 24th, 2020, 11:04 pm

carluva wrote:
Gladiator wrote:So WTF is the position.... they saying to stay home yet people have to go to work... what are we to do. Why cant they have one common position like other countries and tell everybody to stay home. It cant be they saying to stay home but employers would make decisions to suit on employees.

That just can't work...

Stay home. If you can work from home. then do so. Else only travel to work unless absolutely necessary.

Your employer should make provisions and accommodations that allow you to work from home if possible. Have the conversation with your manager or upline and express the urgency. Else, try to contact OSHA as a last resort as employers have the right to a safe workplace, under the OSH act. I am not sure if this would work or is applicable in this instance (don't see why it won't be) but it is worth a shot if things really bad.

Thanks for the advice... The rant was not for me personally but I manage 41 employees in a dept of 100+. I have them on a roster to make sure that 10 max come out at once. But the boss wants everyone to come out 100% from next week... With no directive from Govt, what do we do. Staff members are concerned and afraid.

Halfbreed12
Street 2NR

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 57 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby Halfbreed12 » March 24th, 2020, 11:10 pm

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =781002565

I’m pretty sure his son has it as well.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 24th, 2020, 11:13 pm

Ian hadda check the pipe man to see if he have it too.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » March 24th, 2020, 11:14 pm

He should be charged or locked up indefinitely if true.

So much times they say to quarantine after travel but this ahole carry on business as usual and With video proof.
How many people he spread it to since the 15th.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » March 24th, 2020, 11:19 pm

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw that Ian test positive was....
"Could you imagine how many people he would have interacted with and possibly infected since returning to now?"
His son probably has it also unfortunately but since most children are asymptomatic (and last I checked, less than 1% of the death toll is accredited to children), he probably doesn't even know.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 24th, 2020, 11:25 pm

If the operations require employees on site to facilitate the course of business, for example manufacturing, industrial or oil and gas then you will need to have people on site. However, under the OSH act, the employer will have to make the workplace safe for the employees. In the context of the pandemic this could mean extra and more frequent santisiation, provisions for hand sanitizer, gloves etc. In addition, proper screening of employees to ensure that they are not unwell must be done.

Social distancing must be adhered to, so no meetings in small rooms, avoiding lunch gatherings etc.

If possible, as you are doing now, continue with the shift system to minimise risk and exposure.

Now, here's a twist, if you supervise 41 employees, you can make documented representation for these requirements to your boss/owner of company. This may be a cost he's not willing to undertake so he may make decisions that favour you and your team in the current situation.

Or possibly he will commit to implementing measures to reduce transmission while employees are at work. If he does not, well then make a report to OSH. This could constitute occupational safety and lack of compliance is a breach of the act.

Trust me, that OSH act is strong and there's not many ways, if any, to get loop holes in there.

If the workers are unionised, well that's an avenue.

Push comes to shove you can just tell your 41 to stay home and you take the heat, but I just threw that in for perspective, and that's definitely not ideal for you or the workers.

Aside from that, I don't think I can offer anything else.
Gladiator wrote:
carluva wrote:
Gladiator wrote:So WTF is the position.... they saying to stay home yet people have to go to work... what are we to do. Why cant they have one common position like other countries and tell everybody to stay home. It cant be they saying to stay home but employers would make decisions to suit on employees.

That just can't work...

Stay home. If you can work from home. then do so. Else only travel to work unless absolutely necessary.

Your employer should make provisions and accommodations that allow you to work from home if possible. Have the conversation with your manager or upline and express the urgency. Else, try to contact OSHA as a last resort as employers have the right to a safe workplace, under the OSH act. I am not sure if this would work or is applicable in this instance (don't see why it won't be) but it is worth a shot if things really bad.

Thanks for the advice... The rant was not for me personally but I manage 41 employees in a dept of 100+. I have them on a roster to make sure that 10 max come out at once. But the boss wants everyone to come out 100% from next week... With no directive from Govt, what do we do. Staff members are concerned and afraid.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 24th, 2020, 11:29 pm

That lil boy on YT is Ian alleyne son? I didn't watch the video cuz I didn't want to hear another backside story about another duncey Trini. Altho, in this case, the shoe fits...

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 24th, 2020, 11:33 pm

Or you can use a napkin/paper towel to close the pipe. If none in the bathroom, walk with one. Being smarter isn't always as it seems, sometimes a lil common sense goes a long way.
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:am I the only idiot not using hand sanitizer? I'm stuck at work or home, with a sink with soap and water available. I see literally no reason to be using hand sanitizer for my situation.

total hand sanitizer budget in the last two weeks: $0

If you touching the knob to turn off the water with your bare hands after you wash it then yeah you might be an idiot kinda I guess? if not then you are smart.....

But if you touching the same knob to turn off the tap after you wash your hands then people using hand sanitizers alcohol based are indeed smarter than you because in a case like that hand sanitizer is more useful

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » March 24th, 2020, 11:59 pm

Look at his face good..thick frames and all..

carluva wrote:That lil boy on YT is Ian alleyne son? I didn't watch the video cuz I didn't want to hear another backside story about another duncey Trini. Altho, in this case, the shoe fits...

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 25th, 2020, 12:00 am

I see a man today with he own hand sanitizer solution he mix rubbing alcohol and clorox yes..Well we know nothing eh living with that but what about he hand in the long term tho?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 57 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby MaxPower » March 25th, 2020, 12:09 am

ED,

Dont beat up with the hand sanitizer. Just wash your hands regular.

I personally dont use it as my hands feel stink after.

I do have a pocket spray bottle of rubbing alcohol so every now and then i give my hands a lil mist...even my face if i happen to touch it.

If i must touch my face, i mist my knuckle and use that.

But sanitizers etc are secondary...

Find a soap and sink by all means....and always have water and hand soap in your car.
Last edited by MaxPower on March 25th, 2020, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » March 25th, 2020, 12:09 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:paid $180 for 1.5L of hand sanitizer named germ buster made by dsb marketing ltd in carlsen field

This price good? cause it hard to get hand sanitizer to buy these days doesn't say if its 70% but smells like it strong as rubbing alcohol

Not really. You can get a half litre bottle in Pennywise for $18 once each day in the morning. Sometimes two if they haven't sold out when you pass back in the afternoon. The gougers are just killing people with price.

bossmann
Trinituner Peong

Postby bossmann » March 25th, 2020, 12:14 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I see a man today with he own hand sanitizer solution he mix rubbing alcohol and clorox yes..Well we know nothing eh living with that but what about he hand in the long term tho?

Oh gosh man! The lies! Stop!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 25th, 2020, 1:35 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:https://www.facebook.com/andrea.desilva.9/videos/10158126173647566/
Ian Alleyne confirms he has COVID-19

Here is the Guardian article:

In the main video, six minutes long, Alleyne said he was waiting on the ambulance and authorities to take him to the hospital.

Between March 15 and tonight, Alleyne spent the last week conducting his show at his studio in Chaguanas, meeting people for his show and carrying about with his normal life.

Alleyne said he also went to a doctor in Chaguanas and was told that his cough was a mild cold and nothing serious.

Alleyne added that he went of his own volition to Mount Hope for private testing and received the confirmatory results Tuesday night.

There has been no official confirmation of Alleyne's test results.

Alleyne did not explain why he did not follow the proper protocols for self-quarantine after returning to T&T.

One person close to Alleyne claimed Ministry of Health officials spent over an hour helping pin down the people he may have interacted with and to help retrace his steps.

The contact tracing, Guardian Media was told, was proving to be difficult as Alleyne meets with and interacts with a lot of people during his day.

Guardian Media was informed that Alleyne was taken into quarantine Tuesday night.

https://guardian.co.tt/news/alleyne-cla ... 8fb34659ce

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 25th, 2020, 1:40 am

Ian Alleyne, our patient 31.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 25th, 2020, 5:03 am

when the ratings of crime watch starting to dwindle, diagnose mehself with COVID to get new ratings...any publicity is good publicity

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 25th, 2020, 5:04 am

I always find so for washing dirt and other stuff bar is more effective
But ppl think another person touching the bar soap before is bad.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Soap is better than hand sanitizer at killing germs, bacteria and viruses. Bar soap is even better than liquid soap.
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... ter-2020-3

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 25th, 2020, 5:35 am

Dohplaydat wrote:Ian Alleyne, our patient 31.
Wettin after wettin after wettin

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » March 25th, 2020, 6:39 am

This video shows what China has been up to and what will transpire in a few days to come

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » March 25th, 2020, 6:41 am

Who ever have to do contact tracing for he going to be under pressure...

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 25th, 2020, 7:02 am

Some (foreign) celebrities saying they "test positive" but looking/behaving normal, normal - like if having it is some kinda badge of honour or something. They wukkin' the sympathy angle to good effect...:|

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 25th, 2020, 7:09 am

Young: Sorry, but no
Elizabeth Gonzales

TT citizens stranded in Margarita are calling on the government to send supplies if it cannot help them return home.

Some of them spoke to Newsday on Tuesday.

They said 70 of them had travelled to Venezuela before any covid19 cases were reported there.

Venezuela had reported 84 cases up to Tuesday afternoon, according to Worldometer.

Now, they say, most of them have nowhere to stay, and they are running out of money, food and ideas on how to survive.

In a message to citizens pleading for help to return home, Minister of National Security Stuart Young said on Tuesday: “Stay put, be safe, and be responsible, wherever you are.”

He was speaking at a press conference, where he also said the government stands by its decision to keep TT’s borders shut.

“We feel empathy, we honestly do.

“But the duty of the government – which we are very clear about – is to protect those who are here, and to uphold our decision to close the borders.”

TT closed its borders to foreign citizens, initially for 14 days, on March 27. A complete shutdown took effect at midnight on March 22.

The stranded citizens told Newsday they had heeded the government’s advice not to travel to any country with cases of the virus. It was during their stay that Venezuela recorded its first case.

Lawrence Adam said he left Trinidad to help his mother – a Venezuelan national – take food for relatives elsewhere in Venezuela. His brother David Adam was also on the trip.

“We (are) living in Trinidad since we were babies. We live and work in Trinidad. We are nationals,” Lawrence said. “Everything was normal when we left, no cases in Trinidad or Venezuela. Apparently we just came here at the wrong time.”

He said the family is staying at a hotel, but funds are running low and they are worried what may happen next.

He felt that to help them get home, “The government could have done something with (Venezuelan President Nicolas) Maduro, seeing they have close relationships.”

He said he is willing to go into self-quarantine if he is allowed to return to TT.

The group understands the sensitivity of the situation, he said, but all they are asking the government to do is to send assistance, if it cannot get them out of Venezuela.

David Adam also spoke to Newsday. For him the last hope is help from the government.

But, he said, “It’s like we don’t exist in their minds. All we hear is Stuart Young saying there is nothing TT can do.

“Don’t leave us like dogs. We are also Trinidadians.”

Another of the group, Kenrick Nobbee, said before he left TT, he had checked with his travel agent, who assured him travel to and from Venezuela was normal.

“Everything was on track for our return on Thursday last – until Tuesday, leading to a situation one was prepared for.”

He said he feels like the government had “washed its hands” of the stranded citizens in their time of need.

He said the rest of the group also felt disappointed by the government and hurt by comments made by their compatriots “to the effect that, ‘They look for that,’ ‘Leave them there,’ ‘Let them find/pay their own way.’

“Some are being assisted by sympathetic Venezuelans, but with their own economic realities, how much can they do?

“Now with the closure of Piarco (Airport), the uncertainty of our immediate position is distressing."

He said all banks in Margarita are closed and there is no way to transfer funds. So there are problems in buying food and getting transport, leaving “many stranded TT nationals in a desperate bind.

“The TT Government seems to have washed its hands of this situation,” he complained, “claiming that there is nothing that it can do. Everyone is hoping for an early resolution but isn’t optimistic.

“Imagine being in a foreign land with little or no money, unable to speak the language and with no one to turn to – even your own government.”

Newsday understands some of the stranded citizens, who stayed at the Playa El Agua hotel, had to move, as the hotel closed its doors because of the increasing fear of covid19.

The group last stayed at Sunsol Isla Caribe, another hotel minutes away, but that hotel later decided to close on March 25.

No one could say where the group was moving to.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/03/25/young-sorry-but-no/

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 25th, 2020, 7:10 am

VII wrote:Mostly 'shitholes' according to trump..
All those countries have questions marks even St kitts

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 25th, 2020, 7:35 am

triniterribletim wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:paid $180 for 1.5L of hand sanitizer named germ buster made by dsb marketing ltd in carlsen field

This price good? cause it hard to get hand sanitizer to buy these days doesn't say if its 70% but smells like it strong as rubbing alcohol

Not really. You can get a half litre bottle in Pennywise for $18 once each day in the morning. Sometimes two if they haven't sold out when you pass back in the afternoon. The gougers are just killing people with price.

Before any of this started i got a 1.18L (40oz Made in USA) big bottle in Pennywise for $24. I only bought one. That was last December.
That's crazy if they increased their prices to $180.

Alcohol hand sanitizer is not as effective as soap and water and should only be used where there is no access to soap and water. The soap and water destroys the virus and washes away all the reside protein and DNA down the sink. Hand sanitizer not killing 100% of the virus, and the residue remains on your hand to spread all over the place with any contact.
A small bottle in the car is convenient. All roadside food vendors should have soap and water, if not, shut them down.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 25th, 2020, 7:39 am

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52033845

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » March 25th, 2020, 7:50 am

Anyone know if AA Laquis has the masks ? - might need it more than ever seeing the uptick in confirmed cases...

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -use-masks

leaving a WHO link so it'll help with the above...

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 25th, 2020, 7:59 am

Link not working.

Can you repost the link?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 25th, 2020, 8:15 am

Yup
I have a "sanitizing kit" i movin with these days

Home made hand sanitizer for quick stops
And a dettol soap in a lil sealed bowl for washes wherever possible

Also has a few hospital wipes for pre- cleaning, gloves for gas station or where necessary.

maj. tom wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:

Before any of this started i got a 1.18L (40oz Made in USA) big bottle in Pennywise for $24. I only bought one. That was last December.
That's crazy if they increased their prices to $180.

Alcohol hand sanitizer is not as effective as soap and water and should only be used where there is no access to soap and water. The soap and water destroys the virus and washes away all the reside protein and DNA down the sink. Hand sanitizer not killing 100% of the virus, and the residue remains on your hand to spread all over the place with any contact.
A small bottle in the car is convenient. All roadside food vendors should have soap and water, if not, shut them down.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 25th, 2020, 8:18 am

MOH press conference @ 11...From my info...expect more cases

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 25th, 2020, 8:18 am

Because of ian ..ppl would take it more seriously now...rather than the govt which is really screwed up.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”