TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 76 cases, 3 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby MaxPower » March 28th, 2020, 10:19 pm

abducted wrote:
MaxPower wrote:The worst thing in fighting Covid 19 in T&T is the Trinidadian mentality.

Just remember when this is over, its because the virus did its course on its own and “we” did not fight this together.

You all are very lucky to have human rights yes....that of which you do not deserve.

This is a disgrace to mankind, and a true test that has shown the true colors of T&T.

Ok we got your point, Trinidadians are nasty and you don't like them, you do not need to repeat it every 5 posts, try contributing something else

Hello abducted,

Your observation is noted, thanks.

However, there is need to repeat it.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 28th, 2020, 10:19 pm

criminals pretending to be public health officials are on the loose.

https://www.facebook.com/tttliveonline/ ... 5694380610

i doh answer the door for nobody. if somebody call on my phone saying them is xyz, ask for a number, verify that number on ministry website, and call them directly to confirm.
Last edited by paid_influencer on March 28th, 2020, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 28th, 2020, 10:22 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Was gone for more than a day and all this drama...

Redress and boxy... thank you for the info.

Shakes... good intel sir.

Max... your posts are snobby and entertaining at the same time. I like it... i like it a lot... i'm a fan.

sMASH... I know you anti-pnm but oh gooaaarrrr...

ED... the stories and panicking overbearing sir :? . Keep yourself safe as i released you not in the best of health.

Bigup to carluva, paid and dizzy.

Apologies to those i have missed.

O yuh honour,

Welcome back

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 10:22 pm

So guys we are now looking at 18% fatality for closed cases which is likely more the reality that 3% death never sounded accurate, this is very very bad

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

My company is providing masks, gloves, hand sanitizers etc but even then I feeling unsafe cause no eye protection and it could be on my clothes etc from sitting somewhere. I could buy food somewhere and get it, I could be dying like a fool working in an essential job and somebody else will enjoy my money when I dead instead of being home where it is safe and maybe spend the money on myself and enjoy the little bit of life we have remaining.

I go decide if I go fire my wuk after my vacation which starts next week

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 28th, 2020, 10:32 pm

ED

I feel you reading this wrong. But I too stand corrected. See screen shot.

663740 - Corona virus cases

142183 - recovered

30869 - deaths

Deaths per case = 30869/663740 = 4.65%

Not 18%.

But 4.65% is still higher than the 2% originally reported.

In Trinidad it's 3/76 = 3.9%, so we lower than average but higher than what was originally expected.

Still not a "good place" to be.
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:So guys we are now looking at 18% fatality for closed cases which is likely more the reality that 3% death never sounded accurate, this is very very bad

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

My company is providing masks, gloves, hand sanitizers etc but even then I feeling unsafe cause no eye protection and it could be on my clothes etc from sitting somewhere. I could buy food somewhere and get it, I could be dying like a fool working in an essential job and somebody else will enjoy my money when I dead instead of being home where it is safe and maybe spend the money on myself and enjoy the little bit of life we have remaining.

I go decide if I go fire my wuk after my vacation which starts next week
Screenshot_20200328-222553.jpeg

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 28th, 2020, 10:33 pm

ED, if you don't mind me asking, what sector do you work in?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 10:46 pm

carluva wrote:ED, if you don't mind me asking, what sector do you work in?

Distribution/Sales from Toco to Point Fortin to Diego Martin I have seen places in this country most have never seen. I have truly valued the experience of meeting countless people from many different walks of life.

Things like imported food, alcohol, disinfectants etc I meet a LOT of people on a day to day basis and interact with them a whole lot of customers face to face conversations all the time. Sometimes in the building in the office sometimes out in the field I am all over.

Which is why you usually hear me with many stories, I seem to have a habit of taking conversations beyond work related as well but it is curiosity, there is a staggering number of people in this country who do not believe in science, who believe anything posted on facebook and watsapp is factually correct and if you provide evidence to the contrary and show them it is fake news they get very defensive and start accusing you of not being properly informed.

What I have noticed is we are dealing with an incredibly large percentage of illiterate people who thinks the earth is flat and 5000 years old but the difference now is they have access to the internet. You would think this is a good thing but it isn't, since most people in Trinidad have never finished basic secondary education the propaganda and fake news which runs rampant on social media they soak it up instantly and believe it to the tune of 100% this is because conspiracy theories are interesting, entertaining, simple to understand and makes you feel super smart where as science and facts takes a LOT of thinking and brain power if you are semi literate.

After a while it gets to you, the illiteracy the anti science the fact that people soak up communist propaganda online most will believe fake chinese news claiming America invented COVID 19 in a lab. You think I am talking about people from the ghetto but think again you would be SHOCKED to see the important jobs people do the skills they posses and are still unable to filter basic propaganda, I think my countless attempts to educate people has taken a toll on me. I have decided not to do it anymore, it is hard for me to describe how dotish, seemingly intelligent people actually are but they truly are beyond dotish. The Russians must be pleased with how well fake news have spread and how easily Trinis soak it up.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 28th, 2020, 10:58 pm

I hear you.

But it sounds like you are on the road alot, in which case, your risk of exposure is lower than say someone who works in an office.

If so and your employer is providing, take the hand sanitizer, several pairs of gloves and several face masks.

Also, take a couple of those 1 gallon water bottles filled with tap water or even some old fabric detergent bottle with water with an old bucket, a few clean towels and a bar of soap.

Keep all that in your trunk. When you go out to drop goods, adopt the PPE and keep the distance. If you handling money, tell the customers to put the money down in an area where you can collect it while maintaining social distancing. Take the money and drop it in a bag pouch or envelope. And keep that pouch clean by wiping down with some bleach cloth. Btw, keep another bottler with bleach and water 1:5 and use this to wipe down your pouch each time with your gloved hands.

Before jumping in the car, remove all PPE and dump in a garbage bag in your trunk or at the location. Wash your hands with soap and water. Go to your driver's seat, santize hand and go on to next location.

Repeat.

If you not on the road, well I just waste my time typing all that.

And when driving, keep your glass down at all times. Sparingly use your AC unit.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 28th, 2020, 11:01 pm

ED's post explains a lot and that is my experience as well. The more time I spend 'on the ground' talking to people, the more I realize that mainstream accepted beliefs are not that mainstream for large swaths of people. I believe him when he says he meets some really out there viewpoints.

Best thing about staying home is not having to wash hands every couple minutes and I can touch my face as much as I want without paranoia. touching my face right now, feels great. no risk.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 11:05 pm

carluva wrote:I hear you.

But it sounds like you are on the road alot, in which case, your risk of exposure is lower than say someone who works in an office.

If so and your employer is providing, take the hand sanitizer, several pairs of gloves and several face masks.

Also, take a couple of those 1 gallon water bottles filled with tap water or even some old fabric detergent bottle with water with an old bucket, a few clean towels and a bar of soap.

Keep all that in your trunk. When you go out to drop goods, adopt the PPE and keep the distance. If you handling money, tell the customers to put the money down in an area where you can collect it while maintaining social distancing. Take the money and drop it in a bag pouch or envelope. And keep that pouch clean by wiping down with some bleach cloth. Btw, keep another bottler with bleach and water 1:5 and use this to wipe down your pouch each time with your gloved hands.

Before jumping in the car, remove all PPE and dump in a garbage bag in your trunk or at the location. Wash your hands with soap and water. Go to your driver's seat, santize hand and go on to next location.

Repeat.

If you not on the road, well I just waste my time typing all that.

And when driving, keep your glass down at all times. Sparingly use your AC unit.

Yes I am on the road so thanks for the advice I shall follow it religiously, I am in the office maybe 25% of the time and on the road 75% so that is that.

Yeah gonna have to give up that AC for real, gonna be difficult cause this country so hot and humid but I see your point on why its important to limit it as much as possible.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 28th, 2020, 11:05 pm

So yuh see?? Allyuh does be hating on d poor man/woman...

... He/she probably does be telling the truth all d time.

Unlike we partna RedVevo...

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 28th, 2020, 11:18 pm

if you alone in d car, AC full blast and keep windows up and doors locked. You also have more to fear from the criminal than the virus. I would not wear gloves unless handling something very high-risk (like used tissues or used masks). Gloves just collect germs and you can touch your face with gloves and get infected. Gloves serve no purpose unless you dispose of them often, but then you have to deal with a gross garbage bag of biohazard after.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 28th, 2020, 11:20 pm

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 28th, 2020, 11:22 pm

Who are they? What's so special about the authors?
Redman wrote:https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387
Note the authors.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 11:23 pm

carluva wrote:So yuh see?? Allyuh does be hating on d poor man/woman...

My UNC neighbor was also a very illiterate person, never finished primary school in his own words and somehow completely submitted himself to UNC propaganda. There is a reason political parties spread racist undertones it is because people like him feeds into it and they represent the largest voting base.

He is dead now tho, unfortunately diabetes destroyed the nerves in his colon etc and he died from fecal impaction. When he told me he didn't sh!t for an entire month, and drinking an entire bottle of milk of magnesia did nothing, I knew that was the end of him. And yes he really did jump off his house roof when Panday lost the election and again when Kamla lost. I believe this was a result of years of UNC propaganda which they spread through die hard Indian radio stations.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 28th, 2020, 11:24 pm

Fauci is the guy that's always on the Trump press conferences. Redfield is CDC director. They are leading the policy decisions on the covid19 management dor the USA.

good find redman
Last edited by paid_influencer on March 28th, 2020, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 11:25 pm

paid_influencer wrote:if you alone in d car, AC full blast and keep windows up and doors locked. You also have more to fear from the criminal than the virus. I would not wear gloves unless handling something very high-risk (like used tissues or used masks). Gloves just collect germs and you can touch your face with gloves and get infected. Gloves serve no purpose unless you dispose of them often, but then you have to deal with a gross garbage bag of biohazard after.

I have hand sanitizer from DSB Marketing a chemical company locally, 70% alcohol so I use that most of the time but if my hands are a little soiled for any reason holding boxes or other goods I use soap and water because I am of the belief hand sanitizers 70% alcohol works really well only if your hands are clean.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 28th, 2020, 11:34 pm

Right. Makes sense now.
paid_influencer wrote:Fauci is the guy that's always on the Trump press conferences. Redfield is CDC director. They are leading the policy decisions on the covid19 management dor the USA.

good find redman

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 11:55 pm

According to this statistics

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ographics/

I have a nearly 20% chance of dying from COVID yes, assuming this calculation is done by adding BOTH Diabetes and Hypertension results together.

My doctors question if I have diabetes these days cause it always reading sooooo good like a teenager, my white blood cell count is perfect. They don't know I accomplished this by weight loss and marijuana. I hoping this will be enough but my blood pressure does still be slightly high, enalopril doesn't do enough to make it perfect and I can't use beta blockers because my pulse is low.

I feel I go try boiling morringa leaves. Allyuh know of any plant that has significant impact on blood pressure? I don't mean very minor like where you can barely notice which is how most plants are, I mean plants that make a huge impact in the same way Marijuana drastically lowers my blood sugar.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 29th, 2020, 12:05 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Adjustments.JPG

https://factcheck.afp.com/image-shows-b ... e-minister

Brazilian flag clearly in the background, eh?

Just proves how elements of the media/population fear mongering/sensationalizing the hell out of the situation to get traction. If so many innocent people weren't affected, I'd start rooting for the virus, yes. Serious.

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » March 29th, 2020, 12:34 am

This is why I said a few days ago social media has created a platform fo a complete dunce with zero passes in basic proficiency cxc to just create a page and post utter rubbish without repurcusssions and people will believe every word and run with because it falls within their comfort zone. The comments alone from those posts prove how illiterate some people are.
shogun wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Just proves how elements of the media/population fear mongering/sensationalizing the hell out of the situation to get traction. If so many innocent people weren't affected, I'd start rooting for the virus, yes. Serious.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 29th, 2020, 12:56 am

Started watching Vikings a few weeks ago. Going real good. Hope I can watch it out in the next couple of weeks... Not like I have anywhere to go.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 29th, 2020, 3:47 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:According to this statistics

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ographics/

I have a nearly 20% chance of dying from COVID yes, assuming this calculation is done by adding BOTH Diabetes and Hypertension results together.

My doctors question if I have diabetes these days cause it always reading sooooo good like a teenager, my white blood cell count is perfect. They don't know I accomplished this by weight loss and marijuana. I hoping this will be enough but my blood pressure does still be slightly high, enalopril doesn't do enough to make it perfect and I can't use beta blockers because my pulse is low.

I feel I go try boiling morringa leaves. Allyuh know of any plant that has significant impact on blood pressure? I don't mean very minor like where you can barely notice which is how most plants are, I mean plants that make a huge impact in the same way Marijuana drastically lowers my blood sugar.

https://examine.com/topics/blood-pressure/

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 29th, 2020, 6:10 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
carluva wrote:So yuh see?? Allyuh does be hating on d poor man/woman...

My UNC neighbor was also a very illiterate person, never finished primary school in his own words and somehow completely submitted himself to UNC propaganda. There is a reason political parties spread racist undertones it is because people like him feeds into it and they represent the largest voting base.

He is dead now tho, unfortunately diabetes destroyed the nerves in his colon etc and he died from fecal impaction. When he told me he didn't sh!t for an entire month, and drinking an entire bottle of milk of magnesia did nothing, I knew that was the end of him. And yes he really did jump off his house roof when Panday lost the election and again when Kamla lost. I believe this was a result of years of UNC propaganda which they spread through die hard Indian radio stations.

Is a while now we hearing stories about this particular person. Now we have definitive evidence about your deceased neighbor that used to sip punchin and pretend to be superman.

Like he was just really full ah shite

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 29th, 2020, 6:12 am

no details on the third death, its a cover up, is rowley brother.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 29th, 2020, 6:16 am

In Italy to today, more than ten thousands dead, and new cases still being diagnosed, with just under ninety thousand confirmed cases, and more on the way.
Pray for these people, things wasn't great there before but by the end of this plague they will be much worse off, and their people will never be the same again after this.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 29th, 2020, 6:26 am

Allyuh check out the Trini meaning of "social distancing." More than half of our population is stupid and illiterate. And they are the voters. These photos are from yesterday.

JTA Supermarket in Marabella

Tunapuna Market.

Xtra Foods Endeavour

Xtra Foods Arima
Last edited by maj. tom on March 29th, 2020, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 29th, 2020, 6:30 am

boxy wrote:This is why I said a few days ago social media has created a platform fo a complete dunce with zero passes in basic proficiency cxc to just create a page and post utter rubbish without repurcusssions and people will believe every word and run with because it falls within their comfort zone. The comments alone from those posts prove how illiterate some people are.
shogun wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

that pic ABOUT italy, but featuring bolsonaro was circulating since it was known that trump had met with him... and that pic of him crying got mixed up with a lot of pics about the rate in italy. but it was foreign in origin. i not expecting local people to know who is bolsonaro, to be able to recognize him and say, that is not the italian president, that is just not common knowledge enough for a trini.

the same mentality it takes to say, ' wash ur hands, dont study details of this disease, dont question the govt' is the same kind that forwards all those good morning posts, and all the hope and prays memes concerning this disease.

*oh, the flag clearly in the background. the MoH poster clearly stated to visit ur nearest medical facility, but u bashing people with great froth that they call and the govt come to u... since when is PNM going to be that careful... never, not even wtih self isolation from yam voyages*

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 29th, 2020, 6:32 am

88sins wrote:In Italy to today, more than ten thousands dead, and new cases still being diagnosed, with just under ninety thousand confirmed cases, and more on the way.
Pray for these people, things wasn't great there before but by the end of this plague they will be much worse off, and their people will never be the same again after this.
if it was possible to get a demography and pre existing health condition of all those people, it might drive home the point, but that data collection might not be in thir focus right now.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”