TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

killercow
Riding on 17's

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 78 cases, 3 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby killercow » March 29th, 2020, 10:14 pm

88sins wrote:The problem we're having with development of a vaccine is because of the most common and expected host animal that started this, the bat.
Even though bats are mammals, they have very unique immune systems that somehow allow them to carry diseases that can be fatal to other mammals with no ill effects. Up to this day scientists still have no real idea about how bats can live while infected with so many different pathogens, such as Ebola, Nipa, and many others. So reverse engineering is definitely out. That primarily leaves us with option 2, finding and replicating human antibodies from recovered survivors and persons that may be immune. This isn't going to be easy either but will still be easier than option 1.

All we can do is work at it, safeguard ourselves from infection if possible, and wait.

A vaccine vaccine was in the works during the outbreak of SARS-CoV-1. However, due to the outbreak being contained, the vaccine was never developed. Some people say that a vaccine should have been developed because maybe all now the world would have had a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2.

The other option is what the world is currently doing now and what was done for SARS-CoV-1, that being containment.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 29th, 2020, 10:15 pm

Some crap about world war and dead soldiers and saying prayers. Of course the staying inside and hide and hygiene... nothing significant, just totally useless rhetoric

gastly369 wrote:What was the summary?
Gladiator wrote:Well that was a waste of 10 mins...

The_Honourable wrote:Prime Minister's Short Address to the Nation 29/03/2020

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » March 29th, 2020, 10:17 pm

Gladiator wrote:Well that was a waste of 10 mins...

The_Honourable wrote:Prime Minister's Short Address to the Nation 29/03/2020

Growls lookin real sick n tired tho...but he shouldn't be, he jus hadda do what d 1 puss dem say...

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 29th, 2020, 10:21 pm

On panic buying, that is a good way to describe it. When I was panic buying, I took out maybe 20 tins of canned beans and I had to take a couple more just to satiate my anxiety. I was panicked, and buying.

ED is right, the old indian in me did not want to spend the money. First bill was $1200 in supplies and I felt a knife stab me. It hurt, I did not want to spend the money. But I had to remind myself the rainy day is here. I bought some more the next week and it hurt like hell too. Now it doesn't hurt anymore and I sleep better at night. Canned goods is the new money under the mattress.
Last edited by paid_influencer on March 29th, 2020, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 29th, 2020, 10:23 pm

killercow wrote:I never understood the concept of panic buying. Sooner or later someone who purchased (possibly before you) will run out of stocks before you and need to replenish. There MUST be a place open to do so. I plan on going out to replenish maybe Wednesday or Thursday. This 'last minute' rush (even though ALL supermarkets will still be open) was for the sheep trinis who obviously don't think things through often or at all.

it could also be this lockdown announcement occurred month end when most ppl get paid

even in normal times the last weekend of every month does be pack at xtra foods

but besides the announcement of the lock down, the next 2-3 weeks gonna be more risky to be outside even though groceries are essential services- why? the 20000 ppl who came into the country up to last week now is when the average infected person shows symptoms- so if those ppl breach their quarantine is now this ting go spread like wildfire- so best to stock up now and hibernate for the 2-3 weeks.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 29th, 2020, 10:25 pm

buh rspann, yuh delete yuh post?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 29th, 2020, 10:26 pm

paid_influencer wrote:On panic buying, that is a good way to describe it. When I was panic buying, I took out maybe 20 tins of canned beans and I had to take a couple more just to satiate my anxiety. I was panicked, and buying.

ED is right, the old indian in me did not want to spend the money. First bill was $1200 in supplies and I felt a knife stab me. It hurt, I did not want to spend the money. But I had to remind myself the rainy day is here. I bought some more the next week and it hurt like hell too. Now it doesn't hurt anymore and I sleep better at night. Canned goods is the new money under the mattress.

it shouldn't hurt- the more u buy now is the less u need to buy later so in the long run u spending the same amount

u might even save money if prices skyrocket in the next few weeks or months- and of course the next few weeks going to be more risky to go out if the 20000 doh behave

the only thing is u can't do that with perishables and your fridge can only hold a certain amount
Last edited by redmanjp on March 29th, 2020, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 29th, 2020, 10:27 pm

This is what I am saying, some people think because we are a small Island we can contain this, yet other variables are at play, an unlimited supply of Venezuelans who make it their mission to get into this country a country with a very questionable coast guard. Even right now this moment as we speak there is endless Venezuelans entering this country it isn't possible to lock down this country with such a close proximity to Venezuela. This is NOT a Caribbean country, Trinidad is factually a South American country it sits on the South American plate it is EXTREMELY close plus our border patrol is very incompetent. People are forgetting this!!!!!!!!

Secondly if we by some miracle manage to contain this, how long are we expected to wait for other countries to contain it so we can reopen for business? Kazakhstan has stopped exporting wheat and they are one of the biggest suppliers to the world

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tions.html

^ Have a look at what is happening outside, we import everything in this stupid country that has shut down its agriculture industry. The world is incredibly interconnected due to globalism, some of you folks are NOT living in reality. The seriousness of this situation cannot even be processed by the human mind. We in really big trouble and this virus is going NOWHERE without a Vaccine.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 29th, 2020, 10:29 pm

88sins wrote:buh rspann, yuh delete yuh post?

Yeah , I'll put it in another thread . This one should be kept serious.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » March 29th, 2020, 10:31 pm

April 30th

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 29th, 2020, 10:37 pm

Well one thing for sure
This thing has motivated me to finish my sustainable otg power solutions. Already got storage capacity and power management sorted out, just deciding whether to go with wind or solar. Might just consider a hybrid of the two, since I can build a wind turbine myself.

Decision, decisions.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 29th, 2020, 10:40 pm

We also have yet ANOTHER situation on our hands the Anti Vaxers, people who believe the earth is flat and vaccines are a work of the devil. These people do NOT take vaccines so developing it is one part of the equation, these morons are still going to overburden the hospitals even if the vaccine is developed the only good part is intelligent people who use the vaccines won't get covid so the stupid will die out unfortunately they will overburden the health sector still.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 29th, 2020, 10:45 pm

88sins wrote:Well one thing for sure
This thing has motivated me to finish my sustainable otg power solutions. Already got storage capacity and power management sorted out, just deciding whether to go with wind or solar. Might just consider a hybrid of the two, since I can build a wind turbine myself.

Decision, decisions.

I for one have realized that this situation is proof that there is MORE of this nonsense to come in the future assuming we ever get over this covid situation. So yeah no matter how you slice it you actually have to start investing in off the grid restructuring of your home and become more self sustainable with less dependency on the outside world.

Just imagine if we go into a total shutdown and T&TEC doesn't come out to work and we have no power for weeks? we have no idea how deadly the next virus could be Covid 30 or whatever the hell it will be. Heck we still have no idea how deadly Covid 19 actually is we learning it more and more deadly with each passing day

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 29th, 2020, 10:52 pm

#PlainTALK - Interview with COP Gary Griffith clarifying what persons are able to do over the next few weeks.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 29th, 2020, 11:01 pm

Done have small generator and wiring for essentials lots fuel and I start sound dampening project on car

Decision, decisions.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 29th, 2020, 11:26 pm

The Govt is too lenient with the citizens of T&T.

Halfbreed12
Street 2NR

Postby Halfbreed12 » March 29th, 2020, 11:55 pm

Hilton Trinidad
Attachments
3A27BD95-1070-465F-95B1-466826671985.jpeg

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » March 30th, 2020, 1:20 am

This virus will certainly make many Trinidadian workers question their loyalty to the boss man. Many showing their true colors in this crisis. Doesn't make much sense to go above and beyond and kill yourself for someone who will leave you hanging at the first sign of trouble. If I was not already prepared and in a good financial position, then crapaud would have smoked my pipe. You begin to realize that some people only out there to use people and they only in it for themselves.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 30th, 2020, 2:09 am

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » March 30th, 2020, 2:36 am

What makes me angry is the government is trying to play the game of everything is normal.

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » March 30th, 2020, 2:46 am

Any info released on AGE SEX LOCATION HEALTH STATUS OF THE 3RD C19 DEATH??

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » March 30th, 2020, 3:00 am

Instead of panicking ppl hadda understand a few things.

The virus iz new. There hasn’t been anything comparable since 1918. There isn’t anyone left alive who can attest to the horrors of the Spanish flu.

So...ANY political leader...iz dammed if they do...or dammed if they don’t. There are no easy solutions. They’re all guessing. Not just becuz the virus iz so new...but also that it appears to be affecting different countries populations in slightly different ways.

Maybe that iz because there are reportedly 12 strains of COVID19 that have so far manifested. Nevertheless a vaccine won’t be ready until at least mid 2021.

So until next year the best hopes are the 15 minute ‘infection’ test and/or the antibody test and/or maybe the antiviral drugs that are currently in clinical blind test trials.

Until then...the best way forward iz to keep calm and carry on.

That being said what iz potentially more dangerous than the virus itself iz the effects of mass civil unrest. If the plebs start rioting all hell breaks loose. Thiz has already started in the (supposed) first world country of Italy. My guess iz Spain iz next. Southern Europe iz a cash based tourist economy. And since global tourism has shut down there is no money to go around. Making this worse the European Union has done a poor job of supporting its federation. Italians are burning the EU flag. It’s every country for itself.

That iz probably another reason guns and ammunition are currently sold out in the USA: Americans don’t fear the virus as much as they fear food riots and chaos. And they damn right...

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 30th, 2020, 3:37 am

matr1x wrote:What makes me angry is the government is trying to play the game of everything is normal.
Rowley says we are at war.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 30th, 2020, 4:08 am

gastly369 wrote:Done have small generator and wiring for essentials lots fuel and I start sound dampening project on car

Decision, decisions.

Might wanna consider two things
1- If a shitshow were to kick off here and say it lasted 6 months, and for argument sake let's say there's no power for 3-4 months, you feel you have enough fuel to last that long? And what you planned on doing when that fuel runs out?
2- Same shitshow & timeline as above, what you plan to do about the people that gonna hear your genny running and decide to come for it? Because lest I check none of them run whisper silent, so ppl gonna hear it and figure out what it is and where.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » March 30th, 2020, 4:24 am

this 2 weeks is for the 19000 people that come in to show up as positive or not d man say he expect more case ad more deaths in the next few weeks. so forget about who panik buying, who is pnm/unc, what vitamins sell out, who open or not an keep yuh ass home an away from joe an jane public. hid site back and watch an see wah taking place. only 2 months to go for this grah to done.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » March 30th, 2020, 4:27 am

aaron17 wrote:
matr1x wrote:What makes me angry is the government is trying to play the game of everything is normal.
Rowley says we are at war.

eh pray for d man, cause he looking tired or not feeling well. if he cap out the AG go become PM eh an yuh know he.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 76 cases, 3 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby adnj » March 30th, 2020, 5:02 am

A New York dad refused to let his 21-year-old son back in their house after the spring breaker partied in Texas amid coronavirus spread

A New York father refused to let his 21-year-old son back into their home after the Springfield College student traveled to South Padre Island, Texas for spring break. 

Peter Levine, 51, told the New York Post that he tried to get his 21-year-old son Matt to return from his vacation early. 

"I spoke with him every day and told him that maybe they should come home. I was aggravated. The news here was getting worse and worse," the elder Levine said, adding, that Matt sent "pictures of him and his friends congregating outdoors and listening to live music." 

According to the 51-year-old, he finally told his son that he and his friends couldn't stay at the family home in Nanuet, New York after their trip as previously planned. "His grandparents live here and there is no need to expose them to god knows what he had been exposed to," Levine said. 

[URL]https://www.insider.com/coronavirus-quarantine-new-york-dad-spring-break-2020-3
[/URL]

shogun wrote:
MaxPower wrote:USA up to a whopping 135,000+ cases....

And they havent apex yet

Yup, read that earlier. Madness.

If the Trump administration didn't waste two weeks mocking, downplaying and running to their typical "liberal conspiracy" garbage, they might have had a better handle on things. Just imagine Americans still allowed their kids to go on Spring Break, in the midst if this thing? Hopefully the numbers improve soon, because lives will be lost because of their inaction.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 30th, 2020, 5:08 am

I see that father made the tough but right decision. Everyone has to live with the consequences of their actions and decisions.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 30th, 2020, 5:09 am

This isn't the only recent pandemic. There will likely be others and life will go on; except for the thousands that don't survive.

carluva wrote:One person who ate a bat or a pangolin
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:why do people feel we can return to work etc in a month or 2?

This virus is obviously here to stay, the UK just warned they are going to shut down for 6 months and even that is being optimistic.

This virus is going nowhere without a Vaccine. This thing is far too contagious the top man who fought the battle against SARS already said you would have to be EXTREMELY lucky to drive this thing back into the wild as in winning the lotto lucky.

This problem could last for YEARS literally until a vaccine is invented

Just imagine is ONE case cause all this problem just ONE person.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » March 30th, 2020, 6:54 am

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”