TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 98 cases, 6 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby sMASH » April 3rd, 2020, 9:42 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
sMASH wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
ST Auto wrote:It's coming IMG-20200403-WA0278.jpeg

I watched the first 3 minutes and changed the station...Id get updates tomorrow
30 secs. u have more belly

Managed to watch until he started talking about Ghana and then he lost my attention.

Main takeaway from the interview is that the SIQ seems likely to be extended, though he is reluctant to deepen disciplinarian restrictions and is depending on the citizens to do their parts :roll: :roll: :roll:

sad thing is, the ghana might be more pertinent, since it have an rbtt ghana, and maduro is looking to secure his gains.

u hadda be super dunce to think vene vp come here and they didnt want to plan an escape withouth american spy systems catching what they sayin.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 3rd, 2020, 9:42 pm

A n95 mask out of the us was costing 15 usd for one 2 weeks ago...genuine 3m n95.

Screenshot_20200403-213928_Chrome.jpeg

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » April 3rd, 2020, 9:50 pm

sMASH wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
sMASH wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
ST Auto wrote:It's coming IMG-20200403-WA0278.jpeg

I watched the first 3 minutes and changed the station...Id get updates tomorrow
30 secs. u have more belly

Managed to watch until he started talking about Ghana and then he lost my attention.

Main takeaway from the interview is that the SIQ seems likely to be extended, though he is reluctant to deepen disciplinarian restrictions and is depending on the citizens to do their parts :roll: :roll: :roll:

sad thing is, the ghana might be more pertinent, since it have an rbtt ghana, and maduro is looking to secure his gains.

u hadda be super dunce to think vene vp come here and they didnt want to plan an escape withouth american spy systems catching what they sayin.

I'm starting to wonder whether they pulled a Pakistan and are sheltering Maduro somewhere in the country, just like what was going on with Bin Laden. If they are that stupid, the wrath of Trump will be upon the land, as he is not restrained at all. I don't want to see any drone strikes or Navy SEAL teams having to carry out operations in our small patch of dirt down here.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 98 cases, 6 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby MaxPower » April 3rd, 2020, 9:52 pm

carluva wrote:Max is spot on.

Our behaviours in Trinidad are quite poor and are not conducive to camradarie.

While some may say I am euphoric, this is an opportunity for Trinidadians to unite to a common cause. Sadly, the political divide created since our independence has bred us to be a divisive society on the whole, which makes it ideal for a small percentage of powerful individuals to exert maximum control on us.

Face it, maybe COVID-19 could have been an opportunity to show we can do the right thing but alas we've even failed at that as the virus is spreading and will traverse even further due to our behaviours. What's more, when we come out of it, we'll generally be even more sheeplike waiting to be bobolized by some people.
mero wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Note,

Hyatt is extending thanks to the health care professionals. Kudos to them.

No thanks whatsoever to the majority of the WOFT citizens of T&T.

They have continued to be an embarrassment and a disgrace to mankind. Let it be known, that they were given the opportunity to stand together as a people to fight Covid19 and did exactly the opposite.

The Govt pleaded and begged over and over and over for citizens to be considerate and responsible, that of which was a disaster. It now appears that Trinidadians are complying and “working together”, but this is only temporary, and the Stay at Home restrictions forced them to stay home. After the pandemic, there should be NO thanks to the citizens of T&T for their lack of support.

Saw something circulating of facebook for 9th April for citizens to “stand together” for departments fighting Covid19. Whilst this is a very courteous and deserving gesture, they are under pressure because of the actions of pathetic Trinidadians. Had you all done your part, they would not have to take up the stress of your failures and carelessness.

These are facts, this is reality...this is T&T.

You’s one a dem fellas who used to ask for more paper half hour into the exam but still get 0 ent?

Summarize ur useless essays or just stfu nah.

Hello carluva,

Words cannot explain how much i condone your comments.

Please excuse Desi-Mero, he is the #1 sufferer on Tuner, he only plants him self in threads when ever he can loaf a wifi connection. He is a classic example of the type of Trinidadians that bring this country down. Rest assured, if you see a Trini that is suspicious, oppressed, depressed, sneezing, coughing and spitting in public....Mero is your guy.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 3rd, 2020, 10:15 pm

We hit the hunjed

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 3rd, 2020, 10:16 pm

We reach 100

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 100 cases, 6 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby The_Honourable » April 3rd, 2020, 10:27 pm

100 for 6

MoH official told me earlier today community spread start (we suspected that already).

Stay safe tuners.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 3rd, 2020, 10:30 pm

Last report was 98 and now with one more it reach 100
Good thing they postpone sea

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » April 3rd, 2020, 10:30 pm

This afternoon it was 98, now its 100.

But the release only specified 1 additional case?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 3rd, 2020, 10:31 pm

Updated
20200403_223127.jpeg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 3rd, 2020, 10:56 pm

so which supermarket chain offers delivery? tru valu? i asked massy stores but they said they don't offer it.

at the moment i am self isolating as recommended by the covid hotline as i experienced some diarrhea some days ago so i not supposed to go out- although i have a few surgical masks.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 3rd, 2020, 11:00 pm

^As you talking about supermarkets and groceries.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 3rd, 2020, 11:15 pm

Price club Chaguanas offering a pick up service. Email them your list, they'll pack a trolley for you, you go to collect, come out only to pay then take your trolley yourself to pack in the car.

I saw a message on WhatsApp that Pricesmart offering the same... See the message below:

"So ppls PriceSmart is going to start a delivery system to curb the crowds coming to the clubs from today

The payment is via credit card and there’s a form to fill out and send back to the respective person and they will send you the cost and then payment approval

The orders need to be placed at least 24hrs in advance and will be delivered between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday

Dry and cold merchandise but no large appliances TVs or exercise equipment or furniture etc.

All cold merchandise will be transported cold so don’t worry about getting spoiled products

There is a delivery fee of $75 with 10miles radius but this revised with longer distances which each representative from the location can share with you

Please send requests to the following persons via Email, WhatsApp and they will contact you

**Port of Spain* - Jerome Hypolite
Email- jhypolite@pricesmart.com
Cell # - 868-286-0773

* *Chaguanas* - Amrita Seupersad
Email - aseupersad@pricesmart.com
Cell # - 868-290-1254

* *Mausica* - Maria Pollard
Email - mpollard@pricesmart.com
Cell # - 868-347-0649

* *San Fernando* - Wendy George
Email - wegeorge@pricesmart.com
Cell # - 868-384-5879

Of course you need to have a valid membership card and you can make any amount of orders per week
Our staff doing the delivery will have PPE and sanitizer to ensure there is no cross contamination
Your membership is important to us and your health and safety so we hope with this venture we can serve each other and keep safe
If you have any issues questions or concerns please feel free to call and inquire with the club most convenient to you"
redmanjp wrote:so which supermarket chain offers delivery? tru valu? i asked massy stores but they said they don't offer it.

at the moment i am self isolating as recommended by the covid hotline as i experienced some diarrhea some days ago so i not supposed to go out- although i have a few surgical masks.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 3rd, 2020, 11:49 pm

shogun wrote:^As you talking about supermarkets and groceries.

did he contaminate his hand then take out the cereal bag?

oh lard we go dead- and this is in addition to having to wipe down all the touch points in the car, take out groceries, rest down outside, take off shoes, wash hands outside so u can open door, carry groceries in, close door, wipe down door handle, go and change clothes, wash hands again, wash face, sanitize keys, wallet , phone, go back and sanitize shoes, wash hands for the 3rd time etc.

is either we starve or get corona :roll:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 3rd, 2020, 11:59 pm

redmanjp wrote:wipe down all the touch points in the car, take out groceries, rest down outside, take off shoes, wash hands outside so u can open door, carry groceries in, close door, wipe down door handle, go and change clothes, wash hands again, wash face, sanitize keys, wallet , phone, go back and sanitize shoes, wash hands for the 3rd time etc.

Damn redo you have it down pack!

Dont forget to sanitize where u kept the groceries in the car and wipe the groceries as well and ofcourse wash hands after.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 4th, 2020, 12:09 am

redmanjp wrote:

oh lard we go dead- and this is in addition to having to wipe down all the touch points in the car, take out groceries, rest down outside, take off shoes, wash hands outside so u can open door, carry groceries in, close door, wipe down door handle, go and change clothes, wash hands again, wash face, sanitize keys, wallet , phone, go back and sanitize shoes, wash hands for the 3rd time etc.

:lol:

Or develop a epic case of OCD, by the time this pass.

Thing is, there will never be a 100% airtight technique to completely protect yourself.... ever.

He did talk about not handling items in areas where you suspect other shoppers might have handled them though... and leaving groceries outside/in garages etc, until you're ready to individually bring in items. That sheit real tedious though. I guess just do what works best for you. Anything better than nothing.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 4th, 2020, 12:36 am

shogun wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

:lol:

Or develop a epic case of OCD, by the time this pass.

Thing is, there will never be a 100% airtight technique to completely protect yourself.... ever.

He did talk about not handling items in areas where you suspect other shoppers might have handled them though... and leaving groceries outside/in garages etc, until you're ready to individually bring in items. That sheit real tedious though. I guess just do what works best for you. Anything better than nothing.

i have to do it all- high risk ppl in the house

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » April 4th, 2020, 12:41 am

K74T wrote:We reach 100

Its also very concerning that all the figures are increasing except for the recovered/discharged... :shock:

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » April 4th, 2020, 1:08 am

31556806-3E08-410C-9078-8412F01FD974.jpeg

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 4th, 2020, 1:59 am

Ppl really slack in dis friggin place jed.
Simple guidelines so difficult to follow?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 4th, 2020, 2:02 am

88sins wrote:Ppl really slack in dis friggin place jed.
It's the behaviour of these ppl that I describe each day, and folks on here display the same behaviour and they just dont understand.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 4th, 2020, 2:43 am

CB Style wrote:Its also very concerning that all the figures are increasing except for the recovered/discharged... :shock:

Gov't going to move 17 from Couva (to, allegedly, Caura) to prepare them for release.

Man in Couva hospital (allegedly) say he doh want to go to Caura because he getting nice treatment in Couva and Caura hospital is an old 100 year old building.

SMDH.

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » April 4th, 2020, 5:42 am

CB Style wrote:
K74T wrote:We reach 100

Its also very concerning that all the figures are increasing except for the recovered/discharged... :shock:
Please watch at least on press briefing to understand how the process works. Even if they recover fully they can be asymptomatic and may spread the virus further upon release which is why they remain in quarantine within the hospital until two tests return negative. They apparently now sourced another location to move these patients to and keep them under observation so that precious bedspace isn't clogged.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 4th, 2020, 5:50 am

88sins wrote:Ppl really slack in dis friggin place jed.

come nah man....you go ask that

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 4th, 2020, 7:00 am

Not Caura but Grande.

bluefete wrote:
CB Style wrote:Its also very concerning that all the figures are increasing except for the recovered/discharged... :shock:

Gov't going to move 17 from Couva (to, allegedly, Caura) to prepare them for release.

Man in Couva hospital (allegedly) say he doh want to go to Caura because he getting nice treatment in Couva and Caura hospital is an old 100 year old building.

SMDH.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 4th, 2020, 7:26 am

A home in Brooklyn settlement to be exact...big protests last night

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 4th, 2020, 7:44 am

where is that ?

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:A home in Brooklyn settlement to be exact...big protests last night

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 4th, 2020, 8:02 am

Some of these old folks armed with their faith and ready to go and meet "God."
So it doh bother them. That is why most of them not adhering to the social distancing rules. Peter must pay for selfish Paul right?

‘5-minute funeral’ for Miss Vernise

“I was allowed to give a brief blessing and prayer. It lasted about five minutes. It was two people and I at St James Crematorium. I can’t say anymore.”

So said Carenage parish priest Fr Harold Imamshah ­after he conducted an extremely brief funeral service at 2.50 p.m. for late beloved resident and active church member Vernise Lodge, who died of COVID-19 complications on Tuesday night.

Prepared to meet her Maker

Lodge was one of 49 people who tested positive for COVID-19 after returning from a cruise aboard the Costa Favolosa. She was quarantined at Balandra, and subsequently moved to Couva Children’s Hospital, where she died. She was the first woman to die of the disease in T&T.

When Lodge was in Guadeloupe, Imamshah said he posted a call to find creative ways to sell the Catholic News and Lodge texted him. “She said: ‘Fr Imamshah, don’t worry. I will take a few copies. I will walk around and sell them.’
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... d05af.html

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 4th, 2020, 8:16 am

"pugboy"]where is that ?

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:A home in Brooklyn settlement to be exact...big protests last night
[/quote]

In and around an area known as boystown...like a min drive from the heart of grande

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 4th, 2020, 9:26 am

Someone told me that this Pricesmart service may actually be a hoax. I'll try to establish contact with the mentioned folks and see what results.
carluva wrote:Price club Chaguanas offering a pick up service. Email them your list, they'll pack a trolley for you, you go to collect, come out only to pay then take your trolley yourself to pack in the car.

I saw a message on WhatsApp that Pricesmart offering the same... See the message below:

"So ppls PriceSmart is going to start a delivery system to curb the crowds coming to the clubs from today

The payment is via credit card and there’s a form to fill out and send back to the respective person and they will send you the cost and then payment approval

The orders need to be placed at least 24hrs in advance and will be delivered between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday

Dry and cold merchandise but no large appliances TVs or exercise equipment or furniture etc.

All cold merchandise will be transported cold so don’t worry about getting spoiled products

There is a delivery fee of $75 with 10miles radius but this revised with longer distances which each representative from the location can share with you

Please send requests to the following persons via Email, WhatsApp and they will contact you

**Port of Spain* - Jerome Hypolite
Email- jhypolite@pricesmart.com
Cell # - 868-286-0773

* *Chaguanas* - Amrita Seupersad
Email - aseupersad@pricesmart.com
Cell # - 868-290-1254

* *Mausica* - Maria Pollard
Email - mpollard@pricesmart.com
Cell # - 868-347-0649

* *San Fernando* - Wendy George
Email - wegeorge@pricesmart.com
Cell # - 868-384-5879

Of course you need to have a valid membership card and you can make any amount of orders per week
Our staff doing the delivery will have PPE and sanitizer to ensure there is no cross contamination
Your membership is important to us and your health and safety so we hope with this venture we can serve each other and keep safe
If you have any issues questions or concerns please feel free to call and inquire with the club most convenient to you"
redmanjp wrote:so which supermarket chain offers delivery? tru valu? i asked massy stores but they said they don't offer it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”