TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 5568 cases, 106 deaths, 1276 active, 4186 recovered in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 113 cases, 8 deaths, 16 discharged in T&T

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 14th, 2020, 1:24 pm

Have you all seen this as yet?

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/04/13/expert ... nfections/

Quite disturbing..... Ok I take that back maybe this lockdown is going to last till the end of this year....\

This newsday article confirms what international experts have suspected which is the virus appears to reactivate on its own even after you have recovered. This virus way more sophisticated than we originally thought

Ok redress you shall take win, I tried all how to look at this as a temporary thing that is gonna just pass in a couple months and life will return and most people will go back to work but from what is happening it appears you are correct, we in this lockdown for a LONG time.
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on April 14th, 2020, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement
dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » April 14th, 2020, 1:27 pm

Farmer asks Govt: Help us sell our produce
Elizabeth Gonzales

One Warrenville farmer is asking Government to help farmers get goods off their hands to prevent wastage.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/04/14/farmer-asks-govt-help-us-sell-our-produce/

these farmers not to bright.
people cant come outside to buy , put it on ya van and drive around selling , you will get sales.
:|

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 14th, 2020, 1:29 pm

dean_spleen09 wrote:
Farmer asks Govt: Help us sell our produce
Elizabeth Gonzales

One Warrenville farmer is asking Government to help farmers get goods off their hands to prevent wastage.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/04/14/farmer-asks-govt-help-us-sell-our-produce/

these farmers not to bright.
people cant come outside to buy , put it on ya van and drive around selling , you will get sales.

I think the issue isn't people can't come out to buy but infact those roadside vegetable stalls are not allowed to open especially since 99% of them are doing illegal street vending.

Either way you are correct, they should drive around and they will get it sold easy.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 14th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Stupidity at it's best. You think that moving one of the cashiers would have been common sense?
20200414_130255.jpeg

Dohplaydat
Riding on 16's

Postby Dohplaydat » April 14th, 2020, 1:44 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Have you all seen this as yet?

Quite disturbing..... Ok I take that back maybe this lockdown is going to last till the end of this year....\

This newsday article confirms what international experts have suspected which is the virus appears to reactivate on its own even after you have recovered. This virus way more sophisticated than we originally thought

Ok redress you shall take win, I tried all how to look at this as a temporary thing that is gonna just pass in a couple months and life will return and most people will go back to work but from what is happening it appears you are correct, we in this lockdown for a LONG time.

Stop being an idiot ED, nothing much will change come May 1st, unless we observe strict quarantine measures we'll always be in danger of a breakout.

Gem_in_i
Shifting into 6th

Postby Gem_in_i » April 14th, 2020, 1:49 pm

If everything opens back on 1st may, I worry everyone will go back to their pre-covid days ways.

There are many people waiting for the airport to open to come back in too

timothymcdavid
Sweet on this forum

Postby timothymcdavid » April 14th, 2020, 1:56 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Have you all seen this as yet?

A couple things.

Firstly where those people truly in isolation from each other? ... If not there is your answer they were probably negative when they entered the facility and were exposed to positive patients so there is your answer.

Secondly which test kits they using the good ones or some of the same ones the Chinese sent to Spain which were only accurate 30% of the time?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 14th, 2020, 2:28 pm

I still waiting on my AC and Refrigeration Technician CVQ from Barbados.

When exactly am I likely to get this? Just imagine I complete that since October 2019 eh.....

Paid $10,000 TTD to do that course at SORAC and up till now that certificate can't reach Trinidad. And with this Covid when the heck am I even going to get it?

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » April 14th, 2020, 2:39 pm

nemisis wrote:Stupidity at it's best. You think that moving one of the cashiers would have been common sense?20200414_130255.jpeg

people still stocking up on the life saving toilet paper and hand towels i see.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 14th, 2020, 2:53 pm

Topic has been split to have the Ministry of Education topic of schooling during Covid 19 measures as a separate topic
Please check here for posts on that topic

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=752772#p10033001

rexsmith
Street 2NR

Postby rexsmith » April 14th, 2020, 2:57 pm

the virus getting smarter

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » April 14th, 2020, 3:26 pm

A grocery on this side has a strictly enforced policy of disallowing entry without a proper face mask. Thing is as soon as they enter some people removing them and going about shopping as normal...:|

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 14th, 2020, 3:58 pm

hydroep wrote:A grocery on this side has a strictly enforced policy of disallowing entry without a proper face mask. Thing is as soon as they enter some people removing them and going about shopping as normal...:|

I left a hardware because they were serving a person without a mask.

We need to get this thing right.
That grocery should refuse to serve the people that taking off their masks.

it will happen for one day.

The masks are for every ones protection.

At work we have a dress code...no comply no enter.....new people,and employees.

Same with the masks and sanitization -it have a sink use it or stay outside...Businesses should enforce the rules.

Customers appreciate that.
Last edited by Redman on April 14th, 2020, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airuma
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby airuma » April 14th, 2020, 5:06 pm

Is this the second wave of COVID-19 for TnT?
I remember hearing about people dying from the flu around Mid-January 2020. I am also hearing that doctors are claiming that there was a spike in flu cases late last year.
BTW, this is not a claim I am making, just asking a question based on information I got from reliable persons.

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Gladiator » April 14th, 2020, 5:37 pm

You are correct... There were strange deaths from the flu in Trinidad as early as December 2019

One case I knew of... Elderly couple were admitted to hospital in December. The husband ended up in ICU and died. The wife had to discharge herself to cremate him then go back to hospital and into ICU herself. She survived...

The doctor treating them said he never saw anything like that illness before. It take down the man with pneumonia real fast.
airuma wrote:Is this the second wave of COVID-19 for TnT?
I remember hearing about people dying from the flu around Mid-January 2020. I am also hearing that doctors are claiming that there was a spike in flu cases late last year.
BTW, this is not a claim I am making, just asking a question based on information I got from reliable persons.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 14th, 2020, 5:59 pm

Gladiator wrote:You are correct... There were strange deaths from the flu in Trinidad as early as December 2019

One case I knew of... Elderly couple were admitted to hospital in December. The husband ended up in ICU and died. The wife had to discharge herself to cremate him then go back to hospital and into ICU herself. She survived...

The doctor treating them said he never saw anything like that illness before. It take down the man with pneumonia real fast.

if it was covid then we real lucky cuz they would have started their own pyramid of infection and we would have had thousands of cases and dozens of deaths by now especially if it was since December. it would have had more time than if we had cases from carnival which itself seem not to be the case.

and even if the cases are not detected due to lack of testing hospitals would have seen a spike in pneumonia related cases.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 14th, 2020, 6:12 pm

I was in Miami in November and while there I had ague , fever, serious breathing problems and had to be hospitalised when I returned to Trinidad at the end of November . I was on antibiotics and IV for more than a week . The first one didn't work and they had to use Zithromax before I got any relief . The first doctor I saw on my return said it was pneumonia . You have me wondering now what it really was .

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 14th, 2020, 6:15 pm

[youtube]https://youtu.be/k1fy8qFj0X0[/youtube]

Spacing looks a bit iffy

Country_Bookie
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Country_Bookie » April 14th, 2020, 6:15 pm

The flu has killed 40 people in T&T this year so far

Mar 23, 2020

Mar 23, 2020

The Ministry of Health is currently engaged in a robust, nationwide Influenza Vaccination Drive for the 2020 Flu Season (October 2019 to May 2020).

This campaign has been implemented to protect the population against the Influenza (Flu) Virus.
The Ministry reports the following, as of Friday, 20th March, 2020: -
The cumulative number of vaccines administered to the public for this flu season - 105,785;
- The number of suspected influenza cases for the 2020 calendar year (as of Friday, 20th March 2020) - 509 cases; (NB the number of suspected influenza cases for the 2019 calendar year was 3,854) -

The number of confirmed influenza deaths for the current flu season – 40.

https://trinidadexpress.com

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 14th, 2020, 6:17 pm

[youtube]https://youtu.be/v68xlABlzuw[/youtube]

Nice to see everyone taking this thing seriously. Both inside and outside the establishment.

killercow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby killercow » April 14th, 2020, 6:43 pm

nemisis wrote:

Nice to see everyone taking this thing seriously. Both inside and outside the establishment.

Passed Grand Bazaar around 11:40am today. Saw a police jeep a few buildings down from Bicks (Bamboo stretch parallel to UBH). Two officers seemed to be having a very stern conversation with a FU proprietor / operator while another one stood writing in what looked like a ticket book. Gates to the establishment were still open btw.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » April 14th, 2020, 6:47 pm

rspann wrote:

I was in Miami in November and while there I had ague , fever, serious breathing problems and had to be hospitalised when I returned to Trinidad at the end of November . I was on antibiotics and IV for more than a week . The first one didn't work and they had to use Zithromax before I got any relief . The first doctor I saw on my return said it was pneumonia . You have me wondering now what it really was .
dan last year oct nov & dec i was in nj, pennsylvania & miami and i got a kinda fever that just came on suddenly, no cold, sore throat nothing

never got a fever like that before, very high temp & extremely weakening
and as fast as it came it just left :/

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 14th, 2020, 6:51 pm

Have me wondering if it was out since then .

sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sMASH » April 14th, 2020, 7:30 pm

ST Auto wrote:You definitely don't understand what is going on
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Very good work not just Trinidad but entire Caribbean this sh!t is completely under control so far.

I have always regarded the Caribbean public health care as one of the best and the data shows this, even if most people still die from lifestyle diseases which IMO is mainly their fault and not that of the public health sector.

I don't think we realize how nice we have it when it comes to free health care.

Damn I guess we holiday is ending soon :( although this is a good thing

^^

Halfbreed12
Street 2NR

Postby Halfbreed12 » April 14th, 2020, 7:31 pm

Queen Ian got released today.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » April 14th, 2020, 7:35 pm

Well same kaka for me around December..... Fever not breaking and ah serious cough.. Run thru 2 inhaler in that period....

End up on antibiotics and some other stuff
rspann wrote:Have me wondering if it was out since then .

sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sMASH » April 14th, 2020, 7:36 pm

A172 wrote:
rspann wrote:

dan last year oct nov & dec i was in nj, pennsylvania & miami and i got a kinda fever that just came on suddenly, no cold, sore throat nothing

i go to debunk these statements, and while explaining, i remember that the chinese government tried to cover this thing up. so it might have been a while before it was even detected, given that it is actually mildmildmild for the vast majority of cases. also, because of the wide travel of the people, it can reach that far, asymptomatically.

its a stretch but it can be possible, if u decide not to rely on the absolute facts about this timeline... if u think some truth was not forthcoming.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 14th, 2020, 7:41 pm

Halfbreed12 wrote:Ian got released today.

https://www.facebook.com/ianalleynenetw ... /?vh=e&d=n

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Gladiator » April 14th, 2020, 7:44 pm

A172 wrote:
rspann wrote:

Coming to think of it... I was in Orlando last November 25th and got a very bad flu, fever, fatigue etc. Ended up with a serious chest pain when coughing.... had real mucus. When I came back home I literally had to push my hand down my throat and pull out a handful of green mucus... in order to breathe :oops:

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Gladiator » April 14th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Trump announces WHO funding is suspended:

The United States is suspending funding to the World Health Organization while the Trump administration studies what Donald Trump called the group's "disasterous" role in "covering up" the outbreak of the coronavirus in China, the president announced Tuesday evening.

"The reality is the WHO failed to obtain, vet and share information in a timely fashion," Mr Trump said. "The WHO failed in its basic duty and must be held accountable."

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”