TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 94 cases, 5 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby Gladiator » April 2nd, 2020, 6:25 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Can't believe this level of nonsense I am reading here on this website, you are suggesting that in 30 days the non essentials go back out to work? is this some kind of joke? we on strict quarantine and we still can't even slow the spread.

This is going to take at least 3 months before non essential can go back out to work and 6 months before bars can reopen. And this is all assuming that we somehow drive this back into the wild which is not going to happen until a vaccine is developed.

This dangerous advice of people going back out to work so soon in 30 days will do nothing but kill innocent people the rest will be coughing up blood and screaming in pain being left with lung damage etc.

ED there is no data supporting either of our views, however, what has happened in almost every country is this:

1. Covid-19 is discovered. But let's be real, given the asymptomatics, possibly lots of people had it and only the very sick was discovered as the 'first'.
2. More cases are discovered.
3. This occurs over 2-4 weeks, until cases start rising exponentially.
4. There is a decrease in new cases that so far, is very hard to say how long it lasts, we have no data except China who's data is not trustworthy.
5. Once there is a decrease, quarantine measures as stated by literally every government will be reduced slowly and managed, look at South Korea and Japan.

However, a trending reduction in daily cases means that the peak has reached and slowly measures can be reduced.

This is a virus that will be around until we vaccinate, which is ~18 months away.

You will get it eventually and for most of us, it won't be that bad. You have to be a mad man to think we non-essentials, bars and schools can remain closed to 3-6 more months.

The quarantine right now is to buy time and not overload the health facilities.

This is not accurate... there was a dip in the new cases between the 28th and 29th but it went progressively upward after that till now. There is no reduction of new cases

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » April 2nd, 2020, 6:27 pm

toyolink wrote:
screwbash wrote:all dis to forking depressing yes. i can now understand y d man jump off the building in italy. we all going to get this one way or the other. is just a matter when.

This is just another challenge we MUST confront and come to terms with.
Yes the prospects may mean a period filled with a bit of dark painful realities, but for those we care about and in cases depend on us, this battle must be confronted and won.
Realistic we may not eradicate covid19 but we can certainly bring it under control as one global society and your contribution matters.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » April 2nd, 2020, 6:41 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 2nd, 2020, 6:42 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Can't believe this level of nonsense I am reading here on this website, you are suggesting that in 30 days the non essentials go back out to work? is this some kind of joke? we on strict quarantine and we still can't even slow the spread.

This is going to take at least 3 months before non essential can go back out to work and 6 months before bars can reopen. And this is all assuming that we somehow drive this back into the wild which is not going to happen until a vaccine is developed.

This dangerous advice of people going back out to work so soon in 30 days will do nothing but kill innocent people the rest will be coughing up blood and screaming in pain being left with lung damage etc.

ED there is no data supporting either of our views, however, what has happened in almost every country is this:

1. Covid-19 is discovered. But let's be real, given the asymptomatics, possibly lots of people had it and only the very sick was discovered as the 'first'.
2. More cases are discovered.
3. This occurs over 2-4 weeks, until cases start rising exponentially.
4. There is a decrease in new cases that so far, is very hard to say how long it lasts, we have no data except China who's data is not trustworthy.
5. Once there is a decrease, quarantine measures as stated by literally every government will be reduced slowly and managed, look at South Korea and Japan.

However, a trending reduction in daily cases means that the peak has reached and slowly measures can be reduced.

This is a virus that will be around until we vaccinate, which is ~18 months away.

You will get it eventually and for most of us, it won't be that bad. You have to be a mad man to think we non-essentials, bars and schools can remain closed to 3-6 more months.

The quarantine right now is to buy time and not overload the health facilities.

This is not accurate... there was a dip in the new cases between the 28th and 29th but it went progressively upward after that till now. There is no reduction of new cases

He is likely a Bar Owner who is missing all that cash to support his luxury life.

Noway anybody in their right mind would be this obsessed with reopening a country and killing/infecting so many people just for the heck of it.

Be VERY careful with people like him, notice how he is peddling the same old propaganda about "EVERYBODY will get it" he literally said that and then went onto say it won't be so bad.

He is spreading fake and very dangerous information about this extremely dangerous virus trying to downplay it, be careful with people like him stay in doors as long as humanly possible. It is well known that this virus is killing young people in their 30s and even younger. Doctors have already warned that people with hypertension who gets this virus will almost certainly die and that includes a LOT of people.

This virus is no joking matter and I think he should be reported for spreading propaganda and trying to downplay this virus for his own selfish monetary gain. I don't think there is anything worse in this world than literally trying to spread fake news and kill innocent people for money

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 2nd, 2020, 6:59 pm

You like trolling eh ED.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 2nd, 2020, 8:30 pm

rspann wrote:ED ,everybody feel what they have to do is important. Not only you.

is not we fault, is the people fault!! we did all we could to fight this, even drain the HSF, and still people harden

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 94 cases, 5 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 2nd, 2020, 8:40 pm

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 2nd, 2020, 8:51 pm

It would have been a stroke of genius to use yellow spots

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 2nd, 2020, 9:26 pm

qcmp73vi31q41.jpg

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 2nd, 2020, 9:49 pm

Redman wrote:It would have been a stroke of genius to use yellow spots
they stick with that.. now i kinda want to see it. lol.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 2nd, 2020, 9:49 pm

Stinking Politician...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 2nd, 2020, 10:05 pm

97 cases and 6 deaths now

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 2nd, 2020, 10:11 pm

FB_IMG_1585879716328.jpeg

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 2nd, 2020, 10:16 pm

24 hrs ago it was 90 for 5... now 97 for 6.

Century by tomorrow night?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 2nd, 2020, 10:21 pm

prediction: 6th was imported with pre existing

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » April 2nd, 2020, 10:21 pm

K74T wrote:FB_IMG_1585879716328.jpeg

Sounds like that death is the man from Princes Town that they say was rushed into Sando General, the one all over the local rumour mill Facebook pages.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 97 cases, 6 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby Dizzy28 » April 2nd, 2020, 10:26 pm

The fact they say investigation required means this case was fairly new. We could eliminate the cruisers

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » April 2nd, 2020, 10:28 pm

No my friend. The PNM stroke of genius was to focus on a stage made of scaffolding in the shoreline on 1'x1' plywood footing

instead of preparing for an incoming viral pandemic !

even in the first week of March - plane was landing here with NO screening > i know this for a fact

but at least hundreds of Caribbean people and tourists off of airplane outta new york got to rub up on each other in the water for we kyanaval.

:fist:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 2nd, 2020, 10:29 pm

How many of deaths so far have been from the Cruise of the Damned?
Unfortunate that they just couldn't listen to reason at the time.

In other news: Arima mayor complaining about the conga lines, and it's mostly old people. Like these boomers just don't understand English. It is so frustrating to observe it everywhere still. I think my patience has run out with experiencing this.

Unfortunately I had to go to the grocery today. Security making people line up outside 6 feet apart outside and managing the entry with the hand-washing station. Tantie about 60 years old and she grandson shuffle up and stand up right next to me talking about how next week they going back to foreign. Must be flying on she magic carpet i thinking. I move. The old c()nt come back right behind me. I tell her to move from near me. Like this is a playful dream for some people. F*cking ass holes!

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » April 2nd, 2020, 10:32 pm

Epidemiological investigation ?

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » April 2nd, 2020, 10:41 pm

Them eh know
Curtms wrote:Epidemiological investigation ?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 2nd, 2020, 10:45 pm

Where we might be heading...

awma7r1nweq41.png

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 2nd, 2020, 10:47 pm

maj. tom wrote:How many of deaths so far have been from the Cruise of the Damned?

In other news: Arima mayor complaining about the conga lines, and it's mostly old people. Like these boomers just don't understand English. It is so frustrating to observe it everywhere still. I think my patience has run out with experiencing this.

Unfortunately I had to go to the grocery today. Security making people line up outside 6 feet apart outside and managing the entry with the hand-washing station. Tantie about 60 years old and she grandson shuffle up and stand up right next to me talking about how next week they going back to foreign. Must be flying on she magic carpet i thinking. I move. The old c()nt come back right behind me. I tell her to move from near me. Like this is a playful dream for some people. F*cking ass holes!

older generation come from a different time, when u formed lines, and took up little space. u conserve, and that extended to the space around. if u werent close, u lost ur spot, and probably a hand out or a food ration.
and u cant teach them new tricks, cause this is how they know to move.
they come from a time, when u learn sumting, that is gospel and that is that. u dont need no more.

that is why, we needed an SoE to enforce a more 'intimate' measure of control.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 2nd, 2020, 10:48 pm

maj. tom wrote:How many of deaths so far have been from the Cruise of the Damned?

And about 4 years now, Ministry doing direct deposits for pensioners especially at FCB. Open a pension account, no monthly charges, ministry sends funds to the account, go by an ATM and withdraw.

But naw...

Curtms wrote:Epidemiological investigation ?

In this case, basically trace if the deceased was in contact directly or indirectly with a Covid+ person.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 2nd, 2020, 10:58 pm

Had to buff ah old man.... aye uncle move back move back you cyar stand up so close!!!

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 2nd, 2020, 11:01 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Where we might be heading...

awma7r1nweq41.png

Love how they trying to maths it out with predictions and statistics... like they playing Lotto

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 2nd, 2020, 11:11 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Where we might be heading...

awma7r1nweq41.png

Love how they trying to maths it out with predictions and statistics... like they playing Lotto

What? This is actual data with some lose models fitted in the top right plot. This shows how some countries (good samples, good and bad) progressed from a cases per million perspective.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 2nd, 2020, 11:19 pm

How many people were denied tests?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 3rd, 2020, 5:06 am

we may have no7 soon as the dude from Tobago is not doing well at all

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » April 3rd, 2020, 5:10 am

think about it, TOTAL shut down for 2 weeks and all infections appear and is quarantined. them we go back to business open but movement if you have to and stay inside if you high risk etc. no new cases after a next 2 weeks and we good. airports remain closed until the rest of the world infections go down.
WE CAN RECOVER FROM AN ECONOMIC DOWNTURN ONE DAY BUT WE CANT RECOVER FROM DEATH. pressure on the hospitals will cause massive death from corona and otherwise. people will become depressed with all the bad news and sickness and death all around. pressure will buss pipe

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”