Forums

High Beam drivers

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

demented
Riding on 17's

High Beam drivers

Postby demented » February 10th, 2020, 6:02 pm

There’s the little blue light at the top of the cluster between to the two gauges in this photo:

It’s the high-beam (or “brights”) indicator and it tells to the driver that they’re blinding any on-coming traffic … who are probably flashing their lights trying to communicate to the driver that they have their high-beams on and are blinding them.
High beams/brights (on most modern vehicles) are activated by pushing or pulling (varies from car to car) on the multi-function stalk, like this one:

See how the little headlight symbol is the same? Car makers did that intentionally, so that people would hopefully realize that the light and the stalk are related. Nuts, huh?
It amazes me how few people seem to understand when to use their high beams … and when not to use them. It’s particularly bad when someone with a modern car with HID or projector beam headlamps leaves their high beams on while approaching on-coming traffic or catching up to vehicles ahead. High beams can be extremely blinding — like completely obstructing one’s vision — in either case, and that’s dangerous.
Of course, that’s what you always want when you’re driving down the road: to have the on-coming driver completely blind so they can’t see what they’re about to hit until they hit it. (Btw, that’s why you’re not supposed to flash your high-beams at a car that has their high-beams on approaching you — all that does is ensure that you’re both blinded! Instead, turn your headlights off then back on while on low-beam, instead … then only one of you is actually blinded, and hopefully they’ll still get the idea and put their lights on low beam.)

ALSO:

Fog lights - the amount of people you see driving round with their front fog lights ON dazzling all the drivers, or even worse rear fog lights ON - you have to think is this person braking or did they just leave their rear fog light on.

Fog lights should only be used when visibility drops to a certain level (and you’d be surprised how low it actually does have to get before fog lights are actually needed. This doesn’t mean you have to dazzle all the other car drivers with the fog lights on full - and no even those front fog lights don’t make the car go any faster or make it look any more amazing - it just makes you look like an idiot that doesn’t know where the fog light switch is and enjoy dazzling everyone else on the road front and rear of your stupid vehicle.

Taken from the internet but very applicable!

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: High Beam drivers

Postby hustla_ambition101 » February 10th, 2020, 6:15 pm

Madness with those idiots, especially with their already bright LEDs.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 10th, 2020, 6:36 pm

the bulbs are not the problem
the problem is jackasses in vehicles with lights that are not properly adjusted, that flood the entire front of the vehicle with bright light. In vehicles fitted with properly directed lights, high beams don't blind oncoming drivers unless the oncoming vehicle is directly in front of the car and right up on it.

Both headlamps on a vehcle should be directed to the left and downward and cast a beam no more than 75-100 feet ahead so as to illuminate the actual road, not the entire landscape above and at the sides of the road.
but dis is trini, jackass go do what jackass go do, & telling them the right thing makes you an outta timing clown they want to bray at.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 10th, 2020, 6:54 pm

OP a lot of people who on the roads never read the vehicle manual, and really do not care about other people on the roads. I have seen many driving before 5am and past 7pm in civilian darkness without ANY lights at all. How can those individuals be so completely oblivious?! Some flick on their high beam in really dark areas and never turn it off probably because they find it too nice and don't care about other people. They don't know not to use High Beams in rain because it causes blinding light scatter in all directions. They stop at the traffic lights and blind everyone in front them too.

And don't even start on the space-ship calling home Hilux and Navara. Most drivers on our roads never wanted to learn beyond passing the extremely simple a-monkey-can-do-it driving test and would never watch any of the literally thousands of YouTube videos from driving schools on how to be a better driver on the roads.

Yuh just have to live with it until the system changes to produce better drivers and better enforcement.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 10th, 2020, 7:21 pm

If they oncoming, I put on my brights.

If they behind me (especially in a high vehicle and the lights at eye level), I turn off my lights and back off the gas.
Your lights bright enough to see me slowing down, doh play you er see me slowing down

Seems to work well.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 10th, 2020, 7:23 pm

yuh want to be a better driver on the road? Follow all the laws of the road as they apply, apply simple road courtesy & do not do the bs that would piss you off to other ppl.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 10th, 2020, 7:35 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:If they oncoming, I put on my brights.

If they behind me (especially in a high vehicle and the lights at eye level), I turn off my lights and back off the gas.
Your lights bright enough to see me slowing down, doh play you er see me slowing down

Seems to work well.

Wrong attitude and not defensive driving. So two allyuh blinded by high beams... now what? You're supposed to stay your course, maybe slightly to the left, slow down and keep your eyes on the left edge of the road to avoid being blinded by the oncoming high beams directly in front. The driver will pass and that's that.
If they are behind you with high beams, use the polarized filter flick switch on the rear-view mirror, and slow down reasonably so they will overtake and be gone.

You cannot control, and are not in control of other drivers' actions.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 10th, 2020, 7:36 pm

YOLO

IF I BLIND

DEM BLIND

But nah on a reals, trinis don't listen to logic, they have to learn the hard way. You cyar just siddong and expect police to do everything for you. Be the change you want to see, even if you hadda be the bad guy.

If enough people do what I do, people would get the point and the message would spread.
(don't do the slowing down part though, I'll admit that part is straight up badmind)

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 10th, 2020, 8:14 pm

i concur. too many drivers does blind me with they high beams or fogs

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 10th, 2020, 9:30 pm

I'm unsure if autocorrect changed what you are saying but high beams are blinding to oncoming traffic even if properly adjusted (directed).
Flash oncoming drivers, let them see what they are doing (or not see)... People on unlit roads usually get the idea quicker.

88sins wrote:the bulbs are not the problem
the problem is jackasses in vehicles with lights that are not properly adjusted, that flood the entire front of the vehicle with bright light. In vehicles fitted with properly directed lights, high beams don't blind oncoming drivers unless the oncoming vehicle is directly in front of the car and right up on it.

Both headlamps on a vehcle should be directed to the left and downward and cast a beam no more than 75-100 feet ahead so as to illuminate the actual road, not the entire landscape above and at the sides of the road.
but dis is trini, jackass go do what jackass go do, & telling them the right thing makes you an outta timing clown they want to bray at.

Ryan197912
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ryan197912 » February 10th, 2020, 9:54 pm

The sensors in some cars automatically adjust the light output depending on ambient lighting.
So at times it may not be that the driver has on high beams...but the car automatically selects ..X5 UK spec

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 10th, 2020, 10:19 pm

Ryan197912 wrote:The sensors in some cars automatically adjust the light output depending on ambient lighting.
So at times it may not be that the driver has on high beams...but the car automatically selects ..X5 UK spec

Luxury euro cars ain't the problem here pa (to such a great extent anyway)

We talkin bout Almera and Navara with LED fogs AND headlight aimed at everything but the road.

I honestly hope they start enforcing headlight brightness like how they do for tint; At the officer's discretion.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 10th, 2020, 10:24 pm

Seems to work well.

How about you just get out the way? if someone flashing lights behind you it means move your a$$ from the road, not so? Or like I have to call up abs offroad to get a metal bumper and take a different approach?

I can't understand why people drive on the right lane and same pace as people on the left lane. You blinking lights and they not moving. You have to ride so far up their a$$ with your headlight shining in the door mirror and some still don't get the point.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 10th, 2020, 10:53 pm

nervewrecker wrote:

Seems to work well.

How about you just get out the way? if someone flashing lights behind you it means move your a$$ from the road, not so? Or like I have to call up abs offroad to get a metal bumper and take a different approach?

I can't understand why people drive on the right lane and same pace as people on the left lane. You blinking lights and they not moving. You have to ride so far up their a$$ with your headlight shining in the door mirror and some still don't get the point.

Flashing lights is another thing, I does actually make room when somebody in a hurry and they signalling. So take time.

Saying it again since you don't wanna read and understand, this is about people with unnecessarily bright LED lights. That's it. Jesus christ dawg who get you vex just now ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

doh back pedal eh, keep this same energy

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 10th, 2020, 11:02 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

Seems to work well.

Flashing lights is another thing, I does actually make room when somebody in a hurry and they signalling. So take time.

Saying it again since you don't wanna read and understand, this is about people with unnecessarily bright LED lights. That's it. Jesus christ dawg who get you vex just now ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

doh back pedal eh, keep this same energy

Is every morning I seeing this dotishness, and like people not realising I want to pass. Left lane and right lane is same pace, like wtf?
And since when this duck through ramps by flyovers and ride shoulder become a thing? is the same fools who keep causing a bottle neck up ahead.
I blew a fuse after seeing all this lawlessness and police on top a flyover with a speed gun. really, like really?
left extra early this morning to beat that dotishness and sleep outside the job site until 8am. Before tjis week up I would have ploughed through a line of traffic or drive over a few of them.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » February 10th, 2020, 11:06 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Madness with those idiots, especially with their already bright LEDs.

Worse yet, their fog light game leveled up? Swear you looking into the sun.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » February 11th, 2020, 10:02 am

Central and south people only kno off and bright, apparently they were neva taught to use park and normal normal lights (true story)

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » February 11th, 2020, 11:07 am

How do you get blinded by fog lights? The lens of a fog light results in a low wide spread, not up in your face like a high beam.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 11th, 2020, 11:34 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:How do you get blinded by fog lights? The lens of a fog light results in a low wide spread, not up in your face like a high beam.

I guess its those idiots that replace the original bulbs with LEDS and refocus the beams as well.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 12th, 2020, 7:39 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:How do you get blinded by fog lights? The lens of a fog light results in a low wide spread, not up in your face like a high beam.

you don't venture outside your house much huh

Stock fog lights aint the problem. It's men putting white LED's with higher output are the problem.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 12th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Ever notice how cars with white headlights make a rainy situation horrible to drive because you can't see sheit?
White lights scatter more than yellow/orange.

This is why street lights are orange and fog lights are yellow.

https://car-headlights-guide.com/why-ye ... ed-in-fog/

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » February 12th, 2020, 8:37 pm

With them damn LED nowadays, can't tell high beam from regular anymore. Some newer car drivers deliberately keep on their high beams after using them for unlit roads. Queuing them by dipping yours does nothing.

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » February 12th, 2020, 11:13 pm

I does just gradually and safely slow down, they eventually just pass. It's mostly young women who do this.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 12th, 2020, 11:18 pm

^^

Yes it is the young women ..

They like the " bright ting ! "

I always give my sisters a bligh ..

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » February 13th, 2020, 7:45 am

I tried once driving in heavy rain in night with high beam. It aint do sh$t and its like having no lights on. So it aint make sense. Best u dont drive in rain at night.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » February 13th, 2020, 7:52 am

HAd to educate a gentleman the other night, as i was pulling into a car park, the man got out of his car came across to my car while i was parking, and proceeded to tell me that my "fog lights " were blinding him and i should turn them off.
Had to explain to him that they are Running lights and cannot be turned off.. it comes from the factory like that and its not a fog beam type............. maybe his car was just too low??

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » February 13th, 2020, 8:58 am

while we all experience this on a daily basis...what the authorities doing about it?

Rell talk about traffic management but traffic wardens by Penal market watching stray talks cross while at the creek you have 5 lanes of traffic merging into one with no regard for each other.....on mornings, you have people racing down the shoulder from the roundabout by Anand straight to the merge point to the creek. This week sometime a young girl, could barely see over the steering wheel pull in front of me from the shoulder into the lane, no signal, one brake light working and she on her cell phone..

It is simple common sense, in and around these areas where traffic congestion is normally experienced and especially when construction or repairs are being undertaken, have the authorities in place to manage the flow of traffic. Some brilliant person sent the wardens after the temp lane on the creek was open....to do what????? Haven't seen them since...

One set of jackassness on the roads and they want to do fancy video and social media pieces about traffic management..
If LO corruption was not so rampant and was not allowed to continue from inception to now by all, captain to cook....none of this dotishness would be happening....an entire generation or two that was able to simply buy their licenses and should not even be allowed to use a wheelbarrow.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » February 13th, 2020, 9:10 am

It's all the jackarse Nissan drivers that put HID and LED bulbs in the headlights of their POS vehicles that were not designed for that. They don't even realise that it's worse for them as the light is going all over the place except the road. I just put on high beam and leave it on until I pass them, very effective with quad headlights, blind they dumb arses

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 13th, 2020, 9:20 am

The authorities really can't do anything at this point. They need to rebuild the entire driving culture in TT through education and discipline system from scratch, as well as a graduated licensing system. Without active policing down your gullet all the time, people in Trinidad will just continue to break the law. How the police can reasonably do this? We have to police ourselves on the road.

Why isn't there an option for driver's education taught in Form 5 and above in all high schools? All the regulations, basic principles of how a transmission and clutch works, vehicle maintenance and tire inspection and why it's so important, how to use the lights and various systems in a car properly. By the time students ready to leave school they will know these things inside out. Maybe start regulations in Form 3.

Why isn't there 8 to 12 month period between getting the regulations license to each graduated license level like the G1, G2 and G system in Ontario? The two-step licensing process takes at least 20 months to complete.

Why isn't a defensive driver course mandatory within 1 year of obtaining the full license? If some people saw the videos and pictures they show you of the accidents in Trinidad people would stop using their phones while driving. My phone is always in the pocket behind the driver's seat when I'm driving. It really not worth it for me to be fiddling with the phone while driving, even in traffic. I use the hands-free through the radio to answer calls and that's all. Can't wait until you reach the destination, then pull over with hazard lights at a suitable and safe location.

And the last thing after all this should be the laws and the policing. There needs to be more mobile patrols on all the roads. Actually doing something, not like those lazy bois who always sitting down in the heavily tinted jeep with flashing lights by AnsaMcAl in Chaguanas and never doing anything while everybody cutting in and out wildly in that merging zone. I feel dem always sleeping in there, like that is the sleeping shift.

We need to change the system so that we keep ourselves in check with correct driving behaviors. It really frustrating, but the entire system is broken and that's why half measures by each Government will never work.
Last edited by maj. tom on February 13th, 2020, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » February 13th, 2020, 9:23 am

ek4ever wrote:It's all the jackarse Nissan drivers that put HID and LED bulbs in the headlights of their POS vehicles that were not designed for that. They don't even realise that it's worse for them as the light is going all over the place except the road. I just put on high beam and leave it on until I pass them, very effective with quad headlights, blind they dumb arses

Come come come. That's the same broad negative brush that used to apply to Civic men before Honda started pricing newer models away from their sufferer pockets.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”