Tuners Beware Scamming Is Real Out Here

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Tuners Beware Scamming Is Real Out Here

Postby Rovin » February 13th, 2020, 10:42 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^

Crash and Buy and Resell is BIG business ..

You get catch .. ?

Then you have to HYMC ..

Cause it's always CASH sale ..

yuh madd , i eh choopid like u :lol:

not saying i know everything but i out here long & i always have a suspicious mind cause i really dont trust ppl on d whole

i must say alot of frighteneing but great info being posted on this thread , allyuh tuners really know alot of stuff .... 8-)

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 13th, 2020, 11:32 am

spann yuh have a d plate to rent ah wha

i have a lil personal import to register

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 13th, 2020, 11:38 am

Op, what about if a roro crash in japan and some1 repaired it(showroom finish) local dealer has it advertised like every other deal...

Regarding the mileage thing...it actually have people that believe that rolling back a digital tac is impossible and it cannot happen

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 13th, 2020, 11:46 am

99% of roro have 20-30k on the odo
the other 1% have less than 20k

Phone Surgeon wrote:lol roro is the biggest continuous scam

vehicles leaving japan with 300k km on them and being sold and advertised with 25k and 30k here

others leaving japan with 20k km and being sold with 0km and 50km here as brand new......and sold for brand new price

now THAT is racket

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 16th, 2020, 1:46 am

Rovin wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:^^

Crash and Buy and Resell is BIG business ..

You get catch .. ?

Then you have to HYMC ..

Cause it's always CASH sale ..

yuh madd , i eh choopid like u :lol:

not saying i know everything but i out here long & i always have a suspicious mind cause i really dont trust ppl on d whole

i must say alot of frighteneing but great info being posted on this thread , allyuh tuners really know alot of stuff .... 8-)

Ok ..

How is the 3 wheel ?

SEA is soon , go study nah :wink:

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » February 16th, 2020, 6:18 am

I'm wondering how is this a scam ? If he lawfully purchases vehicles, brings them back to life and sells them legitimately, how is this wrong ? What am I missing ?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » February 16th, 2020, 10:53 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
rspann wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Same thing I saying^^...next thing is SPANner garage....lolll

Nah, not me. What is the scam? I not following. Assuming the repairs were done properly and the vehicle is back to manufacturers specs . Vehicles are repaired for insurance companies and owners everyday so I don't see anything wrong in the actual repairing. The problem might be not telling someone who is purchasing as they might not want a vehicle that was repaired ,so selling it to them and concealing the fact is wrong.

This.

I always ask. If the seller tells me NO and I see evidence of a repair - I just say thanks and move on. If they lying about that, them alone know what else - I don't want anything to do with the car

/thread

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 16th, 2020, 9:07 pm

Thanks for the insight and info rspann.

Peeps, don’t forget this is T&T where 99.9% of the used car market is filled with conmen as both buyers and sellers. Willing to bet that some of you all in here are guilty of fabricating stories all in the name of selling a car you don’t want because it’s either trouble or profit.

There is a high probability that the Xtrail owner will not mention anything about the vehicle being a previously determined CTL and was subsequently repaired and now for sale. The scam would be the lies and BS stories that trinis are good at creating.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 16th, 2020, 9:17 pm

The x trail was a ctl probably because of the cost to repair due to the cost factor, due to airbags and massy prices. If you look at it and unbolt the suspension , doors, fenders etc, it’s not really all that damaged. Structurally that is. So it might be a feasible project to repair using some used parts. The point of contention is, he’s trying to say its in immaculate condition leading a buyer to believe its original.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 16th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Bs like it belonged to an old lady who only went to church on sundays with it.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 16th, 2020, 9:21 pm

I repair hundreds of cars , both for insurance companies and also for resale, but I show prospective buyers the before and during pics and most of my vehicles are sold before they are finished. The prices are very good and they see its new parts and proper repairs.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » February 17th, 2020, 3:38 am

rspann wrote:Bs like it belonged to an old lady who only went to church on sundays with it.

nah first lie duz be "owner migrating".
years ago a man buy my car with about 130000k on it for 80k a few day after i see the car in gran bazar an a fat white man and the new owner removing the instrument panel and doing somthing, about a week after i get a call that he sell d car to someone else and time to transfer. when i walk with they now new owner to the car she start i see d milage saying 40000k. she pay the man 95k for the same car and he tell she he did buy it from me and he get tru with he visa so he migrating now.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 17th, 2020, 6:12 am

The odometer adjusters prowl on used car sites and cold call sellers, offering to reduce said odometer reading for as low as $500. to as high as $2,500. Many people accept the offer and would not openly admit what they did. One call me the other day and I simply laughed and said no thanks. They doh stick at all since as soon as your ride pops up, they call you one time.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 17th, 2020, 6:30 am

The worst scam though is replacing chassis numbers. Stolen cars and foreign shells are given new identities from crashed /written off vehicles . Ever see “rights for sale” ? The unsuspecting buyer stands to lose his money when these vehicles are seized and sometimes owners have to continue paying bank loans for vehicles they don’t have .
The latest now is not cutting out and welding in of the numbers , which can be easily detected, but computer generated etching which puts it on just like original.

The only thing that catch up with the scammers is their laziness . They often leave the same engine and electronics, which can be their undoing. My brother’s Sportage was stolen and recovered with a different number plate , but when they connected a scan tool , the original chassis number was still in the ECU. Also the engine number had one digit changed.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 17th, 2020, 6:38 am

So I guess we pretty much covered why people stick to new and done? It’s a question in the new vehicle thread that pops up often, why the price gouging by new car dealers and the answer in summary is: too much racket in the used car market. Talk done.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » February 17th, 2020, 7:43 am

OP- you do know its YOUR(the buyers) responsibility to properly check , research and inspect any car before you buy it.......

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 17th, 2020, 7:45 am

I am unsure... But when you bend iron you can never really bend it back to its original shape and it also tends to weaken it. Can a vehicle with moderate or severe damage take a second hit

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 17th, 2020, 8:02 am

Very valid point kamakazi so calling back rspann. In cases where modern vehicles use more aluminum and advanced high strength high tensile steel, are repair techniques the same or different? Do you require retooling etc? How is advanced high strength, high tensile integrity affected vs conventional mild/galvanized steels etc?

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » February 17th, 2020, 1:48 pm

Been noticing this trend awhile now.Pics are from a local Vitara.
FB_IMG_1581961601784.jpeg
FB_IMG_1581961589877.jpeg
FB_IMG_1581961581688.jpeg
FB_IMG_1581961560109.jpeg
FB_IMG_1581961552360.jpeg
FB_IMG_1581961536958.jpeg
FB_IMG_1581961530327.jpeg

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 17th, 2020, 8:45 pm

In my experience, a qualified body repairman can remove a steel or aluminum panel, reshape it, weld it back in location, and give it an A Level finish that is as good or better than the factory finish.

Aluminum tends to lose toughness and embrittle after being worked. Steel does not. In fact, steel tends to benefit from being formed by a process called work hardening.

In the case of a complex body panel, many are purchased or pulled of scrapped bodies and worked into place. Aluminum panels are being replaced at a faster rate than steel because of the skills and equipment required for welding repairs.

The issues related to buying tend to orbit around the notion that the person doing repairs and flipping a scrapped vehicle is maximizing profits by doing substandard work. That is absolutely a possibility and in fact, should be expected by any buyer of anything of unknown provenance.

kamakazi wrote:I am unsure... But when you bend iron you can never really bend it back to its original shape and it also tends to weaken it. Can a vehicle with moderate or severe damage take a second hit
agent007 wrote:Very valid point kamakazi so calling back rspann. In cases where modern vehicles use more aluminum and advanced high strength high tensile steel, are repair techniques the same or different? Do you require retooling etc? How is advanced high strength, high tensile integrity affected vs conventional mild/galvanized steels etc?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 17th, 2020, 9:21 pm

agent007 wrote:Very valid point kamakazi so calling back rspann. In cases where modern vehicles use more aluminum and advanced high strength high tensile steel, are repair techniques the same or different? Do you require retooling etc? How is advanced high strength, high tensile integrity affected vs conventional mild/galvanized steels etc?

High strength steels are very common now and the repair techniques are different. Many cars have boron steel Incorporated in their structures and others like the euros have a mixture of different materials at different locations . You cannot take a hammer to one of these metals because it will just bounce off . There are correct repair procedures for different makes and the acceptable methods are given by the manufacturer.

Aluminium too is a totally different procedure and recently I've done quite a few . The tooling is very expensive and to be authorised by a manufacturer you have to have all the tools and materials as per their requirements ,down to the brand of tool.

Aluminium repairs have to be done in a controlled environment to avoid contamination . Tomorrow I'll put up a list of the tools for aluminium repair and you'll see what I mean. There are repairs that require panel bonding , that is an adhesive to stick on parts like a roofskin or a rear quarter panel. I just completed a new model Q7 that was damaged front and rear , and the whole body is aluminium ,also recently did an A8 which is also totally Al So straightening is not like before where men just take a torch to the car to get it back in shape or acetylene welding etc. Tomorrow i'm going to start a new X5 that rolled, I'll post some pics as it goes along to show some correct techniques.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 17th, 2020, 9:25 pm

you doing gluing back ?
What type of glue can be used ?
5200?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 17th, 2020, 9:29 pm

Tha A 8 has different aluminium materials and the Q 5 has different types of steel.
Attachments
Audi-A8-2004-1600-24.jpg
Audi-Q5-Body-Structure-Materials-uhss-boron.jpg
Audi-Q5-Body-Structure-Materials-uhss-boron.jpg (26.64 KiB) Viewed 3907 times

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 17th, 2020, 9:31 pm

I saw repairs done to aluminium vehicles with Al arc welding and pop rivets, no sheit.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 17th, 2020, 9:34 pm

Anybody saw the Q7 from machels video, a bottle of rum?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 17th, 2020, 9:39 pm

pugboy wrote:you doing gluing back ?
5200?

You feel is sealing a boat? You have to use 3m 8115, that was designed for that. Talk you mind, how the Q7 look?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 17th, 2020, 9:42 pm

Looking Bess
But he doh drive it much, he like to drive the old hilux to keep a low profile

rspann wrote:
pugboy wrote:you doing gluing back ?
5200?

You feel is sealing a boat? You have to use 3m 8115, that was designed for that. Talk you mind, how the Q7 look?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 17th, 2020, 9:49 pm

He musbe trying to look poor?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 18th, 2020, 9:10 am

Rspann, tell us which is the true b4 and after pics?
IMG_2086.JPG

IMG_2088.JPG

You think this 1 was brought back?
IMG_2089.JPG

Possibly? Or it’s a different one...
Adjustments.JPG

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 18th, 2020, 12:37 pm

Lemme tell you how it went down. We had just finished one that was painted silver , and we had the rollover (also silver) in the garage. so what you really saw was a stunt double. The rollover came back in in worse condition than it left though. You will see my name in the credits.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”