TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Do you think Health Insurance is worth it in Trinidad?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Re: Do you think Health Insurance is worth it in Trinidad?

Postby Premchand1976 » February 19th, 2020, 9:17 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:i have a friend who had health and life insurance

she got cancer and they were repeatedly paying for different tests and surgeries etc

they write her and hit her a 100k and tell her they are now deeming her uninsurable after like a 2 years of paying her bills
That's the " down side " with all medical.plans. insurer has the right to increase premiums, renew with exclusions or downright refuse renewal.

I personally recommend to clients medical and critical illness ....for major illnesses / surgeries etc....they work hand in hand .

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 19th, 2020, 11:10 am

pugboy wrote:hope he was able to claim something back through vehicle insurance as well
If he was not liable in the accident OR if he was a passenger then for sure he is entitled to insurance compensation via the motor vehicle third party bodily injury benefits on the policy.

ah, but to what monetary extent, and can that monetary extent objectively be considered fair and reasonable to the claimant and have solid standing solely on it's own merits?
next thing the insurance company say "hear what, that million you spend to save yuh two legs, we eh find them legs worth all dat morney yuh kno, so here what, yuh go hadda humble with a 150K & be glad yuh get dat, it eh we problem yuh cyah wuk or walk so keep yuh sod stories"

the real question & issue here is this
What you might feel to yourself that your body parts are worth to you, some random jackass adjuster will happily tell you flat out they worth little more than a tenth of that. Yet I am 100% positive that if you were to ask that same adjuster o put price tag on his/her eyes/lungs/legs the figure they quote would amaze you by comparison. So, what exactly proves their evaluation of the worth of your body parts the best thing for the claimant?
These insurance buzzards, they put a price point on you & your body parts, without considering how much you value those body parts or your quality of life or abilities or lack thereof after losing them.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » February 19th, 2020, 12:03 pm

i think it have some kinda insurance that will pay $250000 an you dont have to have any medical. anyone familiar with this ?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 19th, 2020, 12:36 pm

daring dragoon wrote:i think it have some kinda insurance that will pay $250000 an you dont have to have any medical. anyone familiar with this ?

I believe that you mean life insurance, not health. it has a few of them around. guardian did this a long time ago iirc, not sure if they still do.

be very wary, life insurance policies with some of these companies is real problems for your ppl when you gone. They not gonna just pay out to your beneficiaries just cuz yuh premiums up to date when yuh dead. If the beneficiary don't go actively looking to claim on the policy, they eh hurry to go look for them to pay out either, so while yuh family suffering they busy working yuh money
iirc, there was one particularly nasty company that closed down years ago had a clause where they say in the policy if you die from what they considered diseases that you developed because of your lifestyle that negates the policy. HIV, lung cancer, heart attack liver failure & cirrhosis were listed as lifestyle diseases.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » February 19th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Wait, they pay her off 100k or charge her 100k?
Phone Surgeon wrote:i have a friend who had health and life insurance

she got cancer and they were repeatedly paying for different tests and surgeries etc

they write her and hit her a 100k and tell her they are now deeming her uninsurable after like a 2 years of paying her bills

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 19th, 2020, 1:40 pm

Work hard enough so as to not depend on health services in T&T.

You ever hear about any rich ppl causing riots in hospitals and insurance offices? NO

If you ketching your ass to live, you shouldnt be complaining.

But allyuh Trini too damn lazy and want to pay small money for world class treatment. Well its because of allyuh laziness and stink mentality is the reason why allyuh suffering and begging......and honestly it damn funny.

Work harder.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 19th, 2020, 1:40 pm

Knew someone whose husband had cancer. He was covered by a sagicious company. They paid his bills up to the recommended limits. But when he died, they tried to stiff the wife by not paying his life insurance (which was large enough).

Long story short, after threatening them, they had a board meeting and approved payment. It was not going to be worth the damage to their corporate image to let that get outside.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 19th, 2020, 1:48 pm

MaxiPee: With yuh rich and famous self:

Not everyone was born with a gold spoon in their mouths like you. Many people work hard in this life, but circumstances do not let them reach beyond a certain level. I told my family, if anything happen to me, I am going straight to the public hospitals. I have seen how those doctors, nurses, attendants and lab personnel work to bring relief to patients.

The waiting times, after being attended to, is usually for results of lab tests. When you have the lab dealing with results for 40-50 people at a time , waiting can become very frustrating.

So step off your high horse and stop laughing at the little people. You never know where you will end up one day.

MaxPower wrote:Work hard enough so as to not depend on health services in T&T.

You ever hear about any rich ppl causing riots in hospitals and insurance offices? NO

But allyuh Trini too damn lazy and want to pay small money for world class treatment. Well its because of allyuh laziness and stink mentality is the reason why allyuh suffering and begging......and honestly it damn funny.

Work harder.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 19th, 2020, 1:55 pm

daring dragoon wrote:i think it have some kinda insurance that will pay $250000 an you dont have to have any medical. anyone familiar with this ?

This might be the CUNA Family Indemnity Plan - every credit union offers it

I have my parents,son wife,myself covered with 100k death benefit for 528 a month.

Its pretty cheap and there were no medicals.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 19th, 2020, 2:54 pm

if yuh pockets deep enough you can take out bopa international insurance
there is a local rep, the 1% all insured with dem

full international grade, medical air ambulance and ting
they does use the local insurance to pay for the deductible etc on the bopa

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » February 19th, 2020, 3:21 pm

pugboy wrote:if yuh pockets deep enough you can take out bopa international insurance
there is a local rep, the 1% all insured with dem

full international grade, medical air ambulance and ting
they does use the local insurance to pay for the deductible etc on the bopa

Lol please give an estimate before even mentioning this insurances . Men have to be CEOs for that

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » February 19th, 2020, 3:26 pm

pugboy wrote:insurance in general should always be considered and measured carefully.

I have had the bad luck of experiencing TWO property fire damages within a week in 2015
nobody would ever think that could happen to themselves

likewise all those folks who got flooded out two years ago and 99% in rural areas have no insurance
yet basic general flood insurance is a few hundred dollars per year with coverage more than enough for appliances and furniture.

Who is going to insure caparo ppl and st. helana with flood insurance?? :?

And why should that be the people's cost, when it's govt inaction that exacerbates these situations.
It's only going to get worse with climate change.

Sry. Pet peeve.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 19th, 2020, 3:31 pm

bluefete wrote:MaxiPee: With yuh rich and famous self:

Not everyone was born with a gold spoon in their mouths like you. Many people work hard in this life, but circumstances do not let them reach beyond a certain level. I told my family, if anything happen to me, I am going straight to the public hospitals. I have seen how those doctors, nurses, attendants and lab personnel work to bring relief to patients.

The waiting times, after being attended to, is usually for results of lab tests. When you have the lab dealing with results for 40-50 people at a time , waiting can become very frustrating.

So step off your high horse and stop laughing at the little people. You never know where you will end up one day.

Work harder.

the only thing in he mouth is vagrant baby juice

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » February 19th, 2020, 3:33 pm

For you youngin's (well, younger'ins) .. Really good company-provided medical is a trap.. makes ppl stay with horrid companies just bc the insurance is sweet. But if you have to, make sure you get eye and dental, and use them!

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » February 19th, 2020, 3:44 pm

At the very least, get critical care insurance. You may think you'll never need it but trust me, you will at some point and critical care is damn expensive. It will also cover procedures that are not considered basic care in the public health service but is actually life or death. Maritime has an excellent critical care policy, has a built in, one time lump sum payout up to $2M which you will get in addition to the payment to cover the specific procedure. Also don't require you to survive a specific period of time before payment. A family member had to get a Stent and the Maritime critical care covered the cost of this. He also had a 500K one time payout on his policy so got that as well.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 19th, 2020, 4:23 pm

So step off your high horse and stop laughing at the little people. You never know where you will end up one day

Oh wow.....

So how come, no matter what the circumstances are, there are ppl who STILL fight through and make the best of it? WHY it is you have to complain, whine and cry with excuses? Allyuh Trinis only want to blame others for your position in life and do NOTHING.

Stop macooin to see who have gold spoon or not and make your own. You mentioned many people work hard in this life but due to bla bla bla?.......they are NOT working hard enough which is the main problem in this country.

And btw, it doesnt matter where i end up one day, I have the ambition and mindset to get back on my feet.

So yeh, continue suffering and blame others for your failures in life. YOU and YOU alone have the power to change that. Get off your lazy ass and make the change now, Reek take note.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 19th, 2020, 4:36 pm

Yup. Definitely hit a nerve! You will make a good slave master.

Anyways, health insurance is a good thing to have. Like any other product, however, it is caveat emptor. Some good advice was given in here. If you have good health, be thankful. But also be aware that sickness can strike at anytime so it is good to have something ESPECIALLY if you have a family.

I do agree with you on one thing though. You and You alone have the power to change your life. And you do not need to have a degree to do so. Anyone with an idea can be successful in life.

MaxPower wrote:

So step off your high horse and stop laughing at the little people. You never know where you will end up one day

Oh wow.....

So how come, no matter what the circumstances are, there are ppl who STILL fight through and make the best of it? WHY it is you have to complain, whine and cry with excuses? Allyuh Trinis only want to blame others for your position in life and do NOTHING.

Stop macooin to see who have gold spoon or not and make your own. You mentioned many people work hard in this life but due to bla bla bla?.......they are NOT working hard enough which is the main problem in this country.

And btw, it doesnt matter where i end up one day, I have the ambition and mindset to get back on my feet.

So yeh, continue suffering and blame others for your failures in life. YOU and YOU alone have the power to change that. Get off your lazy ass and make the change now, Reek take note.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 19th, 2020, 4:54 pm

the insurance companies did not blacklist areas afaik
i know somebody in bamboo who took out subsequently

FrankChag wrote:
pugboy wrote:insurance in general should always be considered and measured carefully.

I have had the bad luck of experiencing TWO property fire damages within a week in 2015

likewise all those folks who got flooded out two years ago and 99% in rural areas have no insurance
yet basic general flood insurance is a few hundred dollars per year with coverage more than enough for appliances and furniture.

And why should that be the people's cost, when it's govt inaction that exacerbates these situations.

Sry. Pet peeve.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » February 19th, 2020, 5:01 pm

premiums are statistically determined in favor of the insurance co
besides, the poor caparo ppl probably cant afford the taxi fares to get out of there, much less insurance.

pugboy wrote:the insurance companies did not blacklist areas afaik

FrankChag wrote:

Sry. Pet peeve.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 19th, 2020, 5:05 pm

bluefete wrote:I do agree with you on one thing though. You and You alone have the power to change your life. And you do not need to have a degree to do so. Anyone with an idea can be successful in life.

Marvelous

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 19th, 2020, 5:54 pm

Sagicor basic house flood insurace is a few hundred dollars per year, covering 30k or something like that
surely enough to buy back appliances and furniture
no brainer if you living in one of those areas

FrankChag wrote:premiums are statistically determined in favor of the insurance co
besides, the poor caparo ppl probably cant afford the taxi fares to get out of there, much less insurance.

FrankChag wrote:

Sry. Pet peeve.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » February 19th, 2020, 8:35 pm

The statutory minimum is 250k. The smaller companies offer this limit. The bigger and more reputable ones offer 1-3M in compensation limits. Some companies also offer the option to pay an additional premium for limits in excess of the policy's standard ones . This is useful in cases where the person that is disabled, injured or dies in an accident is one of " status " to society ( minister, contractor, businessman, etc and even their kids ).

Alot of.people don't know that if a " high status " or high net worth individual dies in an accident and you are at fault, they can claim.damages from.your policy and if it's insufficient, they can sue you directly for all your worth.
88sins wrote:
pugboy wrote:hope he was able to claim something back through vehicle insurance as well
If he was not liable in the accident OR if he was a passenger then for sure he is entitled to insurance compensation via the motor vehicle third party bodily injury benefits on the policy.

ah, but to what monetary extent, and can that monetary extent objectively be considered fair and reasonable to the claimant and have solid standing solely on it's own merits?
next thing the insurance company say "hear what, that million you spend to save yuh two legs, we eh find them legs worth all dat morney yuh kno, so here what, yuh go hadda humble with a 150K & be glad yuh get dat, it eh we problem yuh cyah wuk or walk so keep yuh sod stories"

the real question & issue here is this
What you might feel to yourself that your body parts are worth to you, some random jackass adjuster will happily tell you flat out they worth little more than a tenth of that. Yet I am 100% positive that if you were to ask that same adjuster o put price tag on his/her eyes/lungs/legs the figure they quote would amaze you by comparison. So, what exactly proves their evaluation of the worth of your body parts the best thing for the claimant?
These insurance buzzards, they put a price point on you & your body parts, without considering how much you value those body parts or your quality of life or abilities or lack thereof after losing them.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 19th, 2020, 8:52 pm

by law a person is valued at $2m for third party auto policies
they start at that and adjust down based on accident victim age, job etc

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 19th, 2020, 9:53 pm

Work harder.

When yuh see dat, KFC musse have ah borse plan!

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 20th, 2020, 3:25 am

^^

Health insurance is well worth the investment ..

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 20th, 2020, 3:27 am

Lol insurance agents and companies will gladly take your premiums and when its time to pay....point out the fine print and show you why they not paying. All the insurance companies gladly quoting me high prices to insure my store, a padna who sells insurance walk me through what i hadda provide to claim anything if something happens
And how it really eh make sense.

FrankChag wrote:

Sry. Pet peeve.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » February 20th, 2020, 6:05 am

pugboy wrote:by law a person is valued at $2m for third party auto policies
they start at that and adjust down based on accident victim age, job etc
Correct. If your policy doesn't have this limit z guess where they coming for the rest of their " worth " ......in yuh house !!!

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » February 20th, 2020, 6:07 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol insurance agents and companies will gladly take your premiums and when its time to pay....point out the fine print and show you why they not paying. All the insurance companies gladly quoting me high prices to insure my store, a padna who sells insurance walk me through what i hadda provide to claim anything if something happens
And how it really eh make sense.

FrankChag wrote:

Sry. Pet peeve.
I'm not that insurance padna right ??? Cause I would never tell you it eh make sense , cause that ain't true one bit !!!

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 20th, 2020, 6:56 am

Premchand1976 wrote:The statutory minimum is 250k. The smaller companies offer this limit. The bigger and more reputable ones offer 1-3M in compensation limits. Some companies also offer the option to pay an additional premium for limits in excess of the policy's standard ones . This is useful in cases where the person that is disabled, injured or dies in an accident is one of " status " to society ( minister, contractor, businessman, etc and even their kids ).

Alot of.people don't know that if a " high status " or high net worth individual dies in an accident and you are at fault, they can claim.damages from.your policy and if it's insufficient, they can sue you directly for all your worth.

not disputing that a victim can take the caustive party to court for compensation. It's done often enough. Not actually talking about a case where a "high status" person dies either. I am talking about the average middle class person with health insurance that loses a body part.

to put this in perspective

If I were to tell you I wanted to buy both your eyes, right now, how much money would you consider to be an acceptable amount for them? I'd dare say you'd consider them priceless.
Now, say you have insurance and get into an incident where you lose one eye. Would you be content with your own health insurance plan paying you a paltry $50K for your eye? I rather doubt that.

So the question is, what gives them the right to make their assessment that your eye is only worth 50K, and what quantifies that evaluation as correct and fair to you the policy holder? Particularly what makes this right when you start out with this policy at a young age being told one thing, and this scenario happens later in your life & you are rudely & suddenly informed that people applied depreciation to your body so they not paying you what was agreed upon when you were younger?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 20th, 2020, 8:47 am

But 88 those stipulations are stated upfront in all health plans.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”