TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Poll: Rent in T&T too high? or we like it so?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Should we have rent regulations in T&T?

Yes! Dem landlords advantageous!
47%
No! Government to boldface. Rent is the landlord-tenant business!
32%
Maybe... focus on protective legal frameworks only. Leave price between landlord & tenant.
21%

Total votes: 38

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Poll: Rent in T&T too high? or we like it so?

Postby rspann » February 25th, 2020, 6:59 pm

So zoom , is only injun apartments getting tax? So I safe then? I is ah devout PNM.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 25th, 2020, 7:20 pm

I bought my first piece of land at 22...took my first and last mortgage to buy it though...it was 250k...I borrowed 200k...paying 2k per month gor 10 years...I paid it of in 6 years by paying in lump sums...Never regretted my first purchase, wont sell it either...Never say you cant buy a piece of land...all depends on your discipline, mentality and priorities. Immediately after paying of, I bought another piece to build my house. Using one for ah lil apts and I good to go..Eat little live long

Some people prefer to buy ah kia or hyundai and pay a 7 year long, while buying food everyday and complain how land price to high so they prefer to rent.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 25th, 2020, 7:23 pm

daxt0r wrote:88 u missing d point, but daiz d problem rite dey with trinidad noone does really look in d mirror and ppl choose to blame other ppl for the problems of d country.
dude if u ok with your friends and family or anyone ducking dey income tax that would make u cool implicitly when same family and friends or anyone get rob/rape/kill, breaking the law is breaking the law or sin is sin if u ah religious man.
Put in a nex way jus like how u think it voluntary to pay tax it also voluntary for a man to pull a hot, two strap and run down on ah big landlord job site for he new apt building as he about to pay he underpaid and overworked venezuelan workers (who put up d food mind you, lol) and wet him about 30 and run off with the bag ah untaxed dollars. U should again hv no prob with this cuz as the sayin goes tief from tief...

As you say y pay income tax if you don't have to but surely the monthly paid tenant sufferer who is taxed PAYE at his job must pay me my rent ontime and not mash up meh place. An surely my kids can model with guns and fire off a few rounds and i can collect millions in rent from the GOV for my unused properties cuz i'm the AG, but in d same breath GOV want to talk about no bail for possession of firearms an oh d Judiciary too lenient on firearm offenders and about unscrupulous landlords who overcharging for rent an the need for rent control.

hypocrisy all d way is d norm, but this is TnT, we love it so.

U see the section in bold? That showing me that u now getting it.
Now, I not saying rental income should not be taxed eh, because according to the law of the land it should. The problem is that many property owners don't pay it and don't want to pay it, because it nets neither them nor their property nor their neighborhood any benefit. And those monkeys calling themselves a government don't think that the best way to encourage a person to pay taxes is for them to openly see their tax dollars at work doing things that benefit not only the taxpayers but the community they live in and society at large. So as a result, money will be squandered left and right,while nobody want to pay any taxes on their income and actively seek to avoid paying it, and more bs double standards from jackass politicians that only know how to pound on a table like a trained apes.

Sheit need to fix from the top down, not start at the bottom and stay at the bottom.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 25th, 2020, 7:34 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Some people prefer to buy ah kia or hyundai and pay a 7 year long, while buying food everyday and complain how land price to high so they prefer to rent.

10 points to you my good lad.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » February 25th, 2020, 7:46 pm

zoom rader wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:zoomie trying hard to be a martyr, so hard

how much will property tax be for a regular house in your estimation? 100k per year if (((not pnm)))?
First house tax and now they want to tax my rental income. I don't trust this goverment one bit.

you stealing by tax evasion though :lol:

cant claim any high ground to any politician or 1% if you just as bad

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 25th, 2020, 8:02 pm

zoom rader wrote:First I told you all that this was going come.

First injun house tax and now tax to kill Injun land lords. This is solely base as racist and going after injun money.

Welcome back Zoomie.

I totally do not agree with you on that statement. Maybe you should read the following from another thread. Money lost to the government by a big thief.

So Panama getting the property tax instead of T&T.

Effective January 2019, here are the new property tax rates in Panama. Note that rates were LOWERED for residential properties.

For primary residences:

Properties valued between $0 and $120,000 are exempt from taxes.

Properties valued between $120,001 and $700,000 will have a 0.5% tax rate.

Properties valued above $700,000 will have a 0.7% tax rate.

This means that if your home has a value of $400,000, you would pay 0.5% on $400,000 minus $120,000. That comes out to $1,400 in property taxes in a year.

[b]For secondary residences or commercial properties:

Properties valued between $0 and $30,000 are exempt from taxes

Properties valued between $30,001 and $250,000 will have a 0.6% tax rate

Properties valued between $250,001 and $500,000 will have a 0.8% tax rate

Properties valued above $500,000 will have a 1.0% tax rate

Findings

Following the money in the alleged cross-border corruption, money laundering and organised crime plan, Connectas in November in Panama City, Panama, uncovered that:

(1) Krishna Siew Lalla, the contractor, and founder of SIS, acquired at least four high-value properties since flying to Panama. They have an estimated combined value in excess of US$4.3 million.

(2) Lalla now presides over and/or directs a web of at least four companies, and eight Trust Fund-like foundations in Panama.

(3) He established a pattern of acquiring, post-transaction(s), mortgage-taking and/or money-lending companies, not initially formed in his name. In the pattern his attorneys and their acquaintances form the companies, do their transactions, and then are transferred to Lalla, Panama Public Registry documents show.

(4) Maharaj, the former AG, and wife, Lynette, appear to have helped the embattled contractor move company money across at least two international borders. Repeated calls and messages to Maharaj seeking comment remained unanswered. This was only after the first call to him was successfully connected though. Once he heard the nature of the query, he said he had to go because he was in court. He has not returned repeated calls since nor messages left with his staff. He has, however, been very vocal on other media on other matters, including a sedition case, as recently as January 14, 2020.

Ably assisted by a former AG

The former AG during the UNC’s first Administration, Maharaj and his wife Lynette appear in Panama Public Registry documents as the founding directors, president and secretary, respectively, of a multi-purpose mortgage-taking company called South OLT S.A. registered September 14, 2016.

To incorporate South OLT S.A., Maharaj and his wife, used their 78B London Street, St. Joseph Village, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago home address. Maharaj and his wife used law firm Castañon & Francis of Via Italia, Paitilla, Panama City, the same law firm Lalla used to register three other companies and three of his eight foundations.

Less than a year after registering South OLT S.A., on June 2, 2017, Lalla took over as South OLT S.A.’s new president, and Davy Sookhoo, as its new secretary.

Maharaj is also the attorney for a company called Rain Forest Resorts, which is the company now preventing the State from freezing Lalla’s SIS T&T assets. Coincidentally, or not, a legally separate company registered in Panama, Rainforest Corporation, is stated in Panama Public Registry documents as linked to Centro Comercial Albrook Gardens, next door to the gated community where Lalla lives in Panama.

(See Attached Image Below)

Little known to T&T, though, the Beetham Water Recycling Plant contractor, Lalla, is resident in Panama as a Canadian passport-bearing citizen.

He holds at least three other companies besides South OLT S.A. In some of his companies and foundations, he is a controlling director. In others he is also the founder, the president and/or the treasurer.

Though Maharaj was the founding president of South OLT S.A., it, like, several other companies with similar remits, ended up transferred to Lalla, consistent with a pattern detected and explained below.

Shortly after Lalla took over South OLT S.A. from Maharaj, on September 22, 2017, the company acquired Piso 1400 Terrazas del Parque, a 14th-floor apartment overlooking one of the most prestigious golf courses in Panama City for US$240,000 from Elia Auxiliadora Gomez Figueroa, according to the purchase agreement.

Today, however, based on OLX real estate agency listings of lower-floor apartments in the same building, the property in the high-end residential neighborhood is estimated to be worth at least US$375,000.

The first company registered in Panama that now belongs to Lalla was Tenbel S.A. It was initially registered on February 18, 2008, in the names of an ‘office worker’ called Luis Alberto Rodriguez, and a secretary named Barbara de Rodriguez.[/b]

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=737944&start=60

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 25th, 2020, 9:34 pm

^^^ Those that know lalla will know he is PNM. His company SIS is really owned by a gang of PNM bigwigs who came from the then Fertrin.

He was just a front while all the contract money went to the PNM crew. I explained this years ago on how SIS was formed in the early 1980s.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 25th, 2020, 9:49 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:zoomie trying hard to be a martyr, so hard

how much will property tax be for a regular house in your estimation? 100k per year if (((not pnm)))?
First house tax and now they want to tax my rental income. I don't trust this goverment one bit.

you stealing by tax evasion though

cant claim any high ground to any politician or 1% if you just as bad
My houses are all mine, PNM did not help one bit to acquire my homes. I paid vat buying building material and fixtures and now PNM want to double tax me cause I keep my houses well maintained.

I have not evaded any taxes. I see this as PNM going after multple homes owners and now this rental taxes bullchit It's my houses and I set my rents to suit.

I don't rent injuns cause them always have some sad story when it comes to paying. PNM ppl love paying rent and they paid on time.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » February 25th, 2020, 10:23 pm

zoom rader wrote:My houses are all mine, PNM did not help one bit to acquire my homes. I paid vat buying building material and fixtures and now PNM want to double tax me cause I keep my houses well maintained.

I have not evaded any taxes. I see this as PNM going after multple homes owners and now this rental taxes bullchit It's my houses and I set my rents to suit.

I don't rent injuns cause them always have some sad story when it comes to paying. PNM ppl love paying rent and they paid on time.

not paying taxes on personal income >72k = tax evasion

If the real estate companies and property managers have to pay taxes in the form of business levy and their agents as income tax, why dont you?

very criminal indeed, just as bad as the white collar thieves, but without self awareness

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 25th, 2020, 11:50 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
zoom rader wrote:My houses are all mine, PNM did not help one bit to acquire my homes. I paid vat buying building material and fixtures and now PNM want to double tax me cause I keep my houses well maintained.

If the real estate companies and property managers have to pay taxes in the form of business levy and their agents as income tax, why dont you?

very criminal indeed, just as bad as the white collar thieves, but without self awareness

After reading this the phrase "blind loyalty is not loyalty" comes to mind, and wise men know, this applies not only to loyalty, but also to obedience and compliance.
I learned a long time ago, an unjust law is not a law, it is a tool designed to protect an oppressor and acts of tyranny.

But I digress.
There is a need for some degree of regulation as regards rental of residential property, not to protect the tenants but also to the landlord as well. I see ppl renting and living in structures that more resemble a fowl coop than a place to live. I've also seen some real malicious nasty tenants demolish apartments when they move out, ceiling ripped down cupboards, windows, doors, off their hinges, walls with cracks and holes, destroyed water and sewage pipes with water left to run etc. Seen one even go as far as to put cement in the toilet tank and bowl. So yes some regulation is needed.

So if allyuh really so do find property rental costs out of control, what exactly are you all doing about it, besides the usual nothing and bellyaching amongst yourselves?
Anyone lobbying against the banking industry to get interest rates for residential properties lowered? No.
Anyone pushing the construction sector to lower the costs of building materials? No.
Anyone put forward any sort of proposal to the so called government's ministry in charge of housing to lease small lots of land in undeveloped areas that are suitable for the construction of homes to suitable and qualified candidates, so that they can build their own homes according to specs issued by the government in order to alleviate our nation's housing problems? No.
He who demands nothing, gets nothing.

So as per the usual, keep doing nothing and see what happens. When they decide to apply pressure to property owners and levy taxes on rental incomes, guess who gonna be made to eat that cost? If yuh feel rent expensive now yuh eh see nuttn yet.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » February 26th, 2020, 12:47 am

88sins wrote:After reading this the phrase "blind loyalty is not loyalty" comes to mind, and wise men know, this applies not only to loyalty, but also to obedience and compliance.
I learned a long time ago, an unjust law is not a law, it is a tool designed to protect an oppressor and acts of tyranny.

But I digress.
There is a need for some degree of regulation as regards rental of residential property, not to protect the tenants but also to the landlord as well. I see ppl renting and living in structures that more resemble a fowl coop than a place to live. I've also seen some real malicious nasty tenants demolish apartments when they move out, ceiling ripped down cupboards, windows, doors, off their hinges, walls with cracks and holes, destroyed water and sewage pipes with water left to run etc. Seen one even go as far as to put cement in the toilet tank and bowl. So yes some regulation is needed.

So if allyuh really so do find property rental costs out of control, what exactly are you all doing about it, besides the usual nothing and bellyaching amongst yourselves?
Anyone lobbying against the banking industry to get interest rates for residential properties lowered? No.
Anyone pushing the construction sector to lower the costs of building materials? No.
Anyone put forward any sort of proposal to the so called government's ministry in charge of housing to lease small lots of land in undeveloped areas that are suitable for the construction of homes to suitable and qualified candidates, so that they can build their own homes according to specs issued by the government in order to alleviate our nation's housing problems? No.
He who demands nothing, gets nothing.

So as per the usual, keep doing nothing and see what happens. When they decide to apply pressure to property owners and levy taxes on rental incomes, guess who gonna be made to eat that cost? If yuh feel rent expensive now yuh eh see nuttn yet.

You hadda play zoom's game and taunt him once in a while

But as far as citizen intervention, interest rates on residential mortgages are as low as they are going to get, 2-5-7% mortgages are a far cry from the 9-13% mortgages of the 80s to the late 90s.

The most expensive parts of building are the land and the labour. As far as labour, the market has already responded by using foreign labour, but the contractor eating that profit. Land will never see a downturn, despite any economic situation until the drug and money laundering problem is dealt with. That is out of the hands of citizens. Even when there were massive layoffs among the well paid refinery workers, land in marabella and gasparillo stayed put and then continued increasing, not dipping for a second.

And as far as the land leasing part, that is between LSA, COSL and Valuations Division. It is happening, but so slowly that it really doesnt count for much.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 26th, 2020, 1:41 am

Tax the sufferers, and tax them hard.

Let them feel it more.

Allyuh need a blasted wake up call and a hard slap to get that stink trinidadian mentality out.

Start working harder.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 26th, 2020, 3:47 am

ProtonPowder wrote:

Then I safe for under 72k.

My rent income is my liming money

There are other ways to work around the other income :) My accountant will arrange those:) :)

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » February 26th, 2020, 7:42 am

Any lands that are seized if property tax cannot be paid are reverted to the government. Then the HDc. After that you know who getting it.

But ent allyuh like diversity in allyuh community?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 26th, 2020, 8:08 am

Trinis loveee diversity...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 26th, 2020, 8:33 am

matr1x wrote:Any lands that are seized if property tax cannot be paid are reverted to the government. Then the HDc. After that you know who getting it.

But ent allyuh like diversity in allyuh community?

& yuh know, this literally begs the question
After yuh pay how much money to buy land & then develop it, then build a home on it

yuh really think it belongs to you?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 26th, 2020, 9:26 am

MaxPower wrote:Tax the sufferers, and tax them hard.

Let them feel it more.

Allyuh need a blasted wake up call and a hard slap to get that stink trinidadian mentality out.

Start working harder.

:D :D

How hard you want it ? Tax ? Or Axe ?

The thread is about greedy Shylock Landlords ..

Greedy car paint on hand Landlords ..

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 26th, 2020, 10:00 am

RedVEVO wrote:

Let them feel it more.

Start working harder.

If you as a prospective tennant find the rent to high, then please move on.

I rent out and it's always Injuns that complain about rent. That's why I don't rent dem, they always finding fault not to pay rents.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 26th, 2020, 10:41 am

zoom rader wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

Let them feel it more.

Start working harder.

I rent out and it's always Injuns that complain about rent. That's why I don't rent dem, they always finding fault not to pay rents.

Why do they complain ?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 26th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Injuns complain for rent?

Or well yeh you cant say the africans complain because the panty man mods quick to ban.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 26th, 2020, 2:16 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

Let them feel it more.

Start working harder.

Why do they complain ?
Cause they cheap and always looking to low ball and back stab you

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » February 26th, 2020, 5:08 pm

The ones who have the issue, are the ones that would be whining if they were landlords.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 26th, 2020, 5:23 pm

True
Complainers gonna complain, no matter their position.

I suppose is a good thing most complainers remain sufferers then

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 26th, 2020, 7:11 pm

88sins wrote:True

Jah bless king, Mandela and Ghandi dem never complained.

Fadakartel
Street 2NR

Postby Fadakartel » February 26th, 2020, 8:10 pm

Hmm curious guys how much do you guys think these would rent for:

2400 squarefeet 2 beds 1 bath, living room/bedrooms AC/range hood and water/internet included

2000 squarefeet- 2 beds 1 bath, living room/bedrooms AC/range hood and water/internet included

3000 squarefeet- 3 beds 1 bath, living room/bedrooms AC/range hood, waredrobe and water/internet included

all of which would be newly renovated with brand new stuff.

Location Arouca (PBR behind compound) 2 mins drive to Trincity mall 5-10 mins walk from Arouca Junction.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » February 26th, 2020, 8:21 pm

Imagine you save up for years to buy land & build house in a nice quiet secure location and then later down the road you come out one morning and see pnm people move in the area and playing kyartel and pap-khan all hours of the night into the morning - dais ah instant feel sick

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » February 26th, 2020, 9:06 pm

MaxPower wrote:Dont be fooled by these “doctors”....

Quite a few of them working for small money and like to play big boy......but they cheap no ass.

This.

The taxi driver mubbe living more comfortably than him. Doctors have people to impress.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » February 26th, 2020, 9:27 pm

Fadakartel wrote:Hmm curious guys how much do you guys think these would rent for:

2400 squarefeet 2 beds 1 bath, living room/bedrooms AC/range hood and water/internet included

2000 squarefeet- 2 beds 1 bath, living room/bedrooms AC/range hood and water/internet included

3000 squarefeet- 3 beds 1 bath, living room/bedrooms AC/range hood, waredrobe and water/internet included

Location Arouca (PBR behind compound) 2 mins drive to Trincity mall 5-10 mins walk from Arouca Junction.

Best way to find out is comparables. Find places exactly like this and take a tour with the manager/owner, people here go be telling you all kinda nonsense.

Also it is very important if we talking about single family detached homes, condos or townhouses, you didnt mention that.

Fadakartel
Street 2NR

Postby Fadakartel » February 26th, 2020, 9:53 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
Fadakartel wrote:Hmm curious guys how much do you guys think these would rent for:

Best way to find out is comparables. Find places exactly like this and take a tour with the manager/owner, people here go be telling you all kinda nonsense.

Also it is very important if we talking about single family detached homes, condos or townhouses, you didnt mention that.

Oh sorry it`s single family detached

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 27th, 2020, 2:22 am

zoom rader wrote:
88sins wrote:True

Jah bless king, Mandela and Ghandi dem never complained.

Brother Bobo, Ghandi did protest in silence :|

Mandela did complain and protest until his death .

They are BOTH my mentors :D

Did you know that the Bobo Shanti did complain and protest against the legalization of marijuana ?

Do you know its the culture of Indians to low ball ?

This is not a negative , it's their " brought up see " :D

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”