Forums

carnival fete madness

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: carnival fete madness

Postby MaxPower » February 23rd, 2020, 2:09 pm

Why it is people not bathing and brushing teeth before going fetes?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 23rd, 2020, 2:32 pm

not hating but never really cared for anything carnival related so no worries here , doh get me wrong from time to time on youtube i listen to d rel oldies calypsos from decades ago that had creativity & sense in it .... nowadays stuff is like comparing chalk to cheese

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » February 23rd, 2020, 2:49 pm

bluefete wrote:Got married and priorities changed.

Up to today, many years later,I cannot take my house/family money and throw it away in a party.

Enjoyed it when I was single. But that was back in Noah's time when a good party cost about $20.00 (before all inclusives came along).

The music was top notch quality as well. Not the screaming crap they have today.

I know quite a few people in their 60's, 70's and 80's, who save their money every year to go to carnival parties and play mas. It makes them happy.

As long as nobody going to borrow money to fete or to eat everyone does what they want to do and ideally earn enough money that you don’t miss it or struggle after you do anything you like

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » February 23rd, 2020, 2:58 pm

Ninja can be fooled to buy the same shoes every year.

They live for carnival because their head empty.

And gyul will tief your head until you can't afford to fete.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » February 23rd, 2020, 3:40 pm

I go to about 2 fetes a year. Anything more than that gets repetitive... same artists singing the same songs over and over. It's interesting when u observe ppl there and try to guess what are their reasons for being there.

For some, it's about gluttony when they go to an all inclusive. Is like they pay $1,200 so they feel they have to eat and drink $1,200 worth. Do they ever consider how consuming all that food and drinks in a few hours spikes their blood sugar?

For others, it's about the need to be seen at a fete to prove you've attained a certain status. Like being present at court in the days of aristocratic society. A lot of them are followers, so they hear this fete is the place to be so they succumb to peer pressure to be there, even tho they don't enjoy themselves.

For a lot of women, it's about vanity. How much man will ogle them and try to buss a wine and touch bamcee, how much pics of them will end up on lime.tt or even on banzai annual thread.

If you figured out that none of these things motivate you to go to a fete, more power to u.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 23rd, 2020, 3:49 pm

^^

Stray bullet can hit ANYBODY ..

But only if you stray ..

Know your place :D

Know where you are in society settings .. :roll:

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 23rd, 2020, 3:58 pm

From fantastic friday to ash wednesday is to jump on ah cruise or ah plane and head some where...that's how I like to spend carnival....other than that, dl some movies, stay home relax....might just take a drive on the beach and daz it

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 23rd, 2020, 4:06 pm

^^
Carnival is fete fete ..

Ah only drinking drinking .

Virgin colada :D

And goat roti with plenty chuchela .. :D

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 24th, 2020, 12:02 am

Think you all going to the wrong fetes. Try Soaka, bachannal road, iup or focus. Man those fetes are so wild, DJs blasting music, bass pumping. I know men who travel down to Trini just got those fetes. They are truly an experience.

Those are only for the people who like to get drunk and let loose. But it is worth it, also none of those cost over $600 a ticket so you're not really over spending.

I don't find it makes sense to go all inclusive fetes, most of the food is mediocre, you can't comfortably eat it, and spending close to $1000 for a fete where barely anyone dancing or if they are it's half hearted so that isn't fun at all. Not worth it.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 24th, 2020, 12:12 am

^^

Is fete fete fete .. oui oui :D :D :D

Getting listo for de Calle @ 4 am !!!!

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » February 24th, 2020, 12:42 am

nothin wrong with gettin overs it just doh end up being one of those people that look down on the activity and the people who still enjoy it

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 24th, 2020, 1:22 am

Welcome to maturity op.
Comes the time in a person's life where frivolous nonsense gets recognized for what it is, just frivolous nonsense that ain't worth doing, and you then realize your time and resources can be put to better use. Not everything hadda be a fete lime party wine on a gyul drink a rum talk shite flick.

Yuh go lime still, doh worry. Juat the frequency, venue's, people and vibes will change to a slightly more mellow chill scene. When that happens yuh go see first hand how much more you will enjoy yourself.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » February 24th, 2020, 2:14 am

Spitfir3 wrote:nothin wrong with gettin overs it just doh end up being one of those people that look down on the activity and the people who still enjoy it
2nr in a nutshell basically. Everyone is woke, mature, travels the world frequently and listens to only "real" music or has a mullet and stuck in the 70's

OP jamboree is filth anyway, you should have gone foc with the girl. Prob one of the best for the season. No wonder she screwing on u

Lol @OP throwing his drink away and leaving after having an epiphany in jamboree.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » February 24th, 2020, 4:39 am

88sins wrote:Welcome to maturity op.
Comes the time in a person's life where frivolous nonsense gets recognized for what it is, just frivolous nonsense that ain't worth doing, and you then realize your time and resources can be put to better use. Not everything hadda be a fete lime party wine on a gyul drink a rum talk shite flick.

Yuh go lime still, doh worry. Juat the frequency, venue's, people and vibes will change to a slightly more mellow chill scene. When that happens yuh go see first hand how much more you will enjoy yourself.

I was wondering when this word would come in but it is frowned upon and men will start to feel old . Notice no one really mentions their age range at all. Time to meet a girl in sip and paint and them places , Latin dance classes in curepe and other classy stuff

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 24th, 2020, 4:49 am

Boi the amount of rum and cigarettes i sell, i love how allyuh dotish over Carnival.

Keep it coming!

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » February 24th, 2020, 9:35 am

Zetski wrote:So I had a little epiphany in Jamboree a lil while ago...

Why am I wasting my time and money going to these fetes... only to jump up and wave... same thing every year nothing changes...

It seems like majority of the people there have to be under the influence of alcohol to enjoy themselves... for a moment, for the first time I felt out of place in a fete... I even threw away my drink and left the venue... the girl I carried was so pissed that I wanted to leave early and also not attend Festival of Color which starts at 3

She was supposed to also meet up with a couple friends there so she will be going FoC with them... I was insulted by her but chose to just let it slide...

I thought to myself this fast life is so pretentious and maybe it is time to part ways with it..

Anybody else feel this way?
Op you got played by this female. You were just her taxi driver and provider for that night. Learn from this and never fall for it agian. Anytime a female plans to meet up with friends on your time it's a c0ck block.
Last edited by Kickstart on February 24th, 2020, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » February 24th, 2020, 9:47 am

Redman wrote:

Why am I wasting my time and money going to these fetes... only to jump up and wave... same thing every year nothing changes...

It seems like majority of the people there have to be under the influence of alcohol to enjoy themselves... for a moment, for the first time I felt out of place in a fete... I even threw away my drink and left the venue... the girl I carried was so pissed that I wanted to leave early and also not attend Festival of Color which starts at 3

She was supposed to also meet up with a couple friends there so she will be going FoC with them... I was insulted by her but chose to just let it slide...

I thought to myself this fast life is so pretentious and maybe it is time to part ways with it..

This happened to me in a back in times 5 years ago....same people fighting the same lime ..30 years apart.

Now a grill and a few friends,some drinks and some music. And great conversation..
That's a perfect night.
This ^^^^

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 24th, 2020, 10:49 am

Zetski, get her phone , look in contacts , type in " free food " . If your number show up, I have news for you.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 24th, 2020, 11:14 am

Kenjo wrote:
88sins wrote:Welcome to maturity op.

I was wondering when this word would come in but it is frowned upon and men will start to feel old . Notice no one really mentions their age range at all. Time to meet a girl in sip and paint and them places , Latin dance classes in curepe and other classy stuff

Well dis is a web forum working under the premise that everybody anonymous, so it follows there's no need to mention age. But I get your point.
I eh kno why ppl fraid growing up & maturity nah, I suppose is a fear of getting old. But regardless of how much yuh fight it, it gonna happen whether yuh fete like a teenager when yuh in yuh 70's or not. So it's better it if ppl accept it and show more maturity earlier rather than later. You enjoy life a lot better for a lot longer when you do.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 24th, 2020, 11:18 am

I came to the same conclusion about clubbing when I was in my late 20's. Same difference.
I partied hard for about 8-10 years, got tired of the same thing and same people.
If you're a bit of a manslut, and take joy in the hunt and conquer of different people then maybe that kinda ting will make sense.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 24th, 2020, 11:36 am

Was never into the fete life but realized as I have gotten older and have more responsibilities, my stance was reinforced. When you go thru a broke period in life, you'll be more rational with your finances. Instead of going to fete after fete, taking loans, spend behind drinks, costume, woman, etc... you might go to one or two and just chill. After a while, that and all you walk away from.

I've also grown to appreciate peace and quiet.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 24th, 2020, 12:10 pm

Op that girl did you a favor, don’t hold it against her though, if you can let it go you on a higher level

Kickstart wrote:

Op you got played by this female. You were just her taxi driver and provider for that night. Learn from this and never fall for it agian. Anytime a female plans to meet up with friends on your time it's a c0ck block.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » February 24th, 2020, 12:38 pm

Well op if you follow the crowd long enough you must realize if they're going where you want.

That girl couldn't be a good friend of yours for you to walk out on so right?

Wrong company wrong place = disaster

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » February 24th, 2020, 12:40 pm

MaxPower wrote:Why it is people not bathing and brushing teeth before going fetes?

People does always forget to brush the tongue, rell jungle breath

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 24th, 2020, 12:56 pm

Redman wrote:

This happened to me in a back in times 5 years ago....same people fighting the same lime ..30 years apart.

Now a grill and a few friends,some drinks and some music. And great conversation..
That's a perfect night.

True, home limes with family and close friends > fetes any day.

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » February 25th, 2020, 8:01 am

Eventually everyone grows up. Unfortunately some men take much longer to grow up and still act like they in secondary school. The hardest part is to loose some friends on the way cuz after a while you just cannot put up with the immaturity, then they start telling you how you feel u too big to lime with them now and you only liming with stush people.
The_Honourable wrote:Was never into the fete life but realized as I have gotten older and have more responsibilities, my stance was reinforced. When you go thru a broke period in life, you'll be more rational with your finances. Instead of going to fete after fete, taking loans, spend behind drinks, costume, woman, etc... you might go to one or two and just chill. After a while, that and all you walk away from.

I've also grown to appreciate peace and quiet.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 25th, 2020, 3:24 pm

Allyuh Trinidadians does really look so shameful yes...especially in these fetes and bands.

Acting like some rel wild animals.

This is the example you all set for the generations to come?

Disgusting.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 25th, 2020, 6:42 pm

It has been over 20 years since I attended a fete. I had familee that came in for this madness and got stuck as a caddy boy taking them to the various fetes. I did not pay one cent as family paid for Every thing as in gas and tickets.

I attended the following Fetes Bayview, Jamboree, Beach house and vale breakfast party in Santa Cruz.

All can I say its what a waste of money for substandard finger food and rubbish entertainment. Total rubbish and not value for money. If you don't eat early in these fetes you get nothing comming to the end of the fetes.

It was more of fashion show and people that wanted to be seen. All the food was total crap. Music was real boo. I was never a Marshall fan cause he's a PNM and displays the pnm getto behaviour but his performance in jamboree was really good. The crowd in jamboree looked like UNC people. To me it's all over priced and hyped. It's the same people that attended these rubbish over. These promoters have zero parking and if you don't go early you park at your own risks. The traffic is another headache I had to wait two hours just to get out from beach house in tucker valley.

Was a waste of my time but i had to safe guard family members as they don't really know Trini and how to get to the fetes. All fetes in the base should be banned as it is only one road in and out and always have traffic with clowns driving.

Good jobs to the cops for pulling over drunk drivers, they were waiting right outside the fetes. Cops did a good job so I don't mind waiting in traffic to buss these arses.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 25th, 2020, 7:38 pm

Hello Zoom,

Welcome back.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 25th, 2020, 7:45 pm

MaxPower wrote:Hello Zoom,

Welcome back.