Forums

Free led light bulb

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Re: Free led light bulb

Postby ProtonPowder » October 13th, 2020, 4:17 pm

What's the light output on the free bulbs? 800 or 1600 lumens?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 27th, 2020, 2:29 pm

now see my worker get d free bulbs , is flecking 9w=60watts yes wtf , dat too low - dise what i does use in my toilets home

something equivalent to 75w at least or 100w wuda be more useful ....... gr8 iz dee pee on em

Skillys
Street 2NR

Postby Skillys » October 27th, 2020, 2:41 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:What's the light output on the free bulbs? 800 or 1600 lumens?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » October 27th, 2020, 3:14 pm

Lol 9w wtf
Rovin wrote:now see my worker get d free bulbs , is flecking 9w=60watts yes wtf , dat too low - dise what i does use in my toilets home

something equivalent to 75w at least or 100w wuda be more useful ....... gr8 iz dee pee on em

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 27th, 2020, 4:17 pm

it not too bad tho, for like a small room. bigger rooms u might want to put more than one

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 27th, 2020, 4:19 pm

gastly369 wrote:Lol 9w wtf
Rovin wrote:now see my worker get d free bulbs , is flecking 9w=60watts yes wtf , dat too low - dise what i does use in my toilets home

No complaints from me once those bulbs aren't the white LEDs. I hate those.

All my bulbs at 40W to 60W equivalent, yellow (2700K) LED bulbs.....lovely nice warm lighting except in my home office where it's the only place I use bright white LED lights

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 27th, 2020, 4:39 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

All my bulbs at 40W to 60W equivalent, yellow (2700K) LED bulbs.....lovely nice warm lighting except in my home office where it's the only place I use bright white LED lights

Oh you are a proctologist :lol: :lol:

LED are now the new Dusk to Dawn lights :D

TTEC should be introducing the Solar LED on the Highways and not increasing rates .

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 27th, 2020, 5:59 pm

not gonna get into any yellow vs white\bright white story, everybody have their preference

most of us wud have grown up with d tradition yellow incandescent bulbs , some of us wud have changed to fluorescent maybe 10 or more yrs ago & some have gone into full white led maybe say 5yrs ago

when u 1st change from yellow to white or even bright white it takes getting used to but in a wk or 2 u get accustomed to it

at home have gone to led white about 90% - i like it over yellow or soft white , at work in my store still have from yrsss ago 4ft slim fluorescent which can be considered "soft white" , when next if any of d ballast dies i will gradually switch to white led ....

Hwells
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Hwells » October 27th, 2020, 6:14 pm

once you go white you cant go back...........

to yellow that is

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 27th, 2020, 6:28 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

TTEC should be introducing the Solar LED on the Highways and not increasing rates .

:shock: Dude, this is actually the first post this man ever make that is actually a good idea that make sense.
So now is only Max standing alone as tuner resident village idiot.

I actually proud of you RedVEVO for this post. Keep it up, no backsliding simply to keep Max company in d duncey corner

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 27th, 2020, 8:36 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Padna... you ever pass and see all them sports grounds lit up like it have IPL playing and nobody on the field. Is every night the one by Trincity lighting and the one at UTT Omera also and nobody on he field. Just wastage... in this dumb sheithole country

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 27th, 2020, 8:45 pm

They're dusk flood lights on curfew timers, usually set for off at 10 to 11pm.
It's the best solution. Parks are public grounds and everyone is welcome to use them at night without having to request authority to interfere with the high voltage breaker box.

They can switch from mercury vapor to LED some time in the future though.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 27th, 2020, 9:17 pm

Gladiator wrote:Padna... you ever pass and see all them sports grounds lit up like it have IPL playing and nobody on the field. Is every night the one by Trincity lighting and the one at UTT Omera also and nobody on he field. Just wastage... in this dumb sheithole country

Like you either out of touch with reality, or just plain don't know. So I'll ask.
Do you have any idea what happens when the sun goes down and you have a large facility that's left in total darkness every night with minimal security?
Between the drugs selling, bandits lying in wait, sprangers thieving out down to the paint on the walls, used condoms and unwashed piggy jizz/smelly nanni juice and fecal matter from people using the entire facility as a love nest/latrine, you want to pay to deal with that instead? Or you would say leave it how it is and we go use it so daz no scene?
Which one you prefer. Save a 6-7 thousand per year in current and spend 300-400 thousand per year in repairs after aholes routinely and regularly fugg it up, or just let the lights shine and pay the bill?
Keep in mind, paying for security to lock down the whole facility properly would cost waaay more, and may not be as effective.

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » October 27th, 2020, 9:25 pm

88sins wrote:
Gladiator wrote:Padna... you ever pass and see all them sports grounds lit up like it have IPL playing and nobody on the field. Is every night the one by Trincity lighting and the one at UTT Omera also and nobody on he field. Just wastage... in this dumb sheithole country

Like you either out of touch with reality, or just plain don't know. So I'll ask.
Do you have any idea what happens when the sun goes down and you have a large facility that's left in total darkness every night with minimal security?
Yes, that is the time you go shopping

Between the drugs selling, bandits lying in wait, sprangers thieving out down to the paint on the walls, used condoms and unwashed piggy jizz/smelly nanni juice and fecal matter from people using the entire facility as a love nest/latrine, you want to pay to deal with that instead? Or you would say leave it how it is and we go use it so daz no scene?
You just haven't smelled a good load of fecal matter

Which one you prefer. Save a 6-7 thousand per year in current and spend 300-400 thousand per year in repairs after aholes routinely and regularly fugg it up, or just let the lights shine and pay the bill?
Atleast you are saving electricity and helping the planet

Keep in mind, paying for security to lock down the whole facility properly would cost waaay more, and may not be as effective.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 27th, 2020, 10:13 pm

Sōsuke Aizen, so I could consider it's safe to say that you enjoy sniffing "a good load of fecal matter".

When men start advertising their penchant for shitsniffing tuner is officially getting a just a wee bit too much variety in membership for I comfort levels.
Well, sniff away bruh, if daz yuh ting how yuh get yuh jollies who is me to discourage you :lol:

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 28th, 2020, 11:23 am

wda

anyway u hadda keep dem grounds lit to prevent all what 88 listed

better to "waste" a lil current than somebody getting harmed by others ....

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 28th, 2020, 12:29 pm

but seriously tho
Why is it this place so blasted back asswards when it comes to energy generation, usage & consumption? I mean, to reduce dependency on state subsidies we should be looking at promoting the use of alternative renewable green energy, at the very least as an option for the energy usage needs for residential single dwelling homes.

For arguments sake, say they removed the taxes & duties and tariffs from items such as solar panels, LTO & LiFePo batteries & battery banks, charge regulators and inverters making them cheaper to get locally I sure it have plenty people that would gladly get off T&TEC grid ASAP. As an added bonus, many people would immediately quit using lead acid batteries in their vehicles in favor of LTO or LiFePo, reducing our environmental lead contamination problem in the long run.
Granted, some places it would NOT be a good option where a lack of space might cause problems setting up panels (sea lots, beetham, john john, etc) but still, I sure plenty people would take advantage of it, especially people that live in those very rural areas.

but nah, gee dem a bulb & jack up d price ah current

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 28th, 2020, 2:18 pm

Wat a dumb county that voted for free light bulbs.

Jack arse country filled with red Goverment supporters.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » October 28th, 2020, 9:00 pm

88sins wrote:but seriously tho
Why is it this place so blasted back asswards when it comes to energy generation, usage & consumption? I mean, to reduce dependency on state subsidies we should be looking at promoting the use of alternative renewable green energy, at the very least as an option for the energy usage needs for residential single dwelling homes.

For arguments sake, say they removed the taxes & duties and tariffs from items such as solar panels, LTO & LiFePo batteries & battery banks, charge regulators and inverters making them cheaper to get locally I sure it have plenty people that would gladly get off T&TEC grid ASAP. As an added bonus, many people would immediately quit using lead acid batteries in their vehicles in favor of LTO or LiFePo, reducing our environmental lead contamination problem in the long run.
Granted, some places it would NOT be a good option where a lack of space might cause problems setting up panels (sea lots, beetham, john john, etc) but still, I sure plenty people would take advantage of it, especially people that live in those very rural areas.

but nah, gee dem a bulb & jack up d price ah current

The short answer is that electricity is too cheap to consider anything else for the majority of households, there is no need to be forward thinking if your feet not in the fire.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 28th, 2020, 9:52 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:The short answer is that electricity is too cheap to consider anything else for the majority of households, there is no need to be forward thinking if your feet not in the fire.

For the moment at least. But for arguments that sake, say all subsidies were removed from electricity, people would be paying a lot more for electricity. Thus the motivation to invest in other alternatives.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » October 28th, 2020, 11:28 pm

only then yes, just like the push towards smaller cars in the US during the gas crisis

Only then people with a little money to put upfront can consider the investment and recoup it later. Truth be told it would be a hard ask for trinidadians. In jamaica where you see tons of solar panels over kingston, is nearly a constant battle between jamaicans and JPS over allegations of gouging by JPS and power theft by the people.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 22nd, 2021, 10:46 am

emails being sent out
ff126950-8edb-43c2-8491-d9436a64db60.jpg

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 22nd, 2021, 3:47 pm

Yup like plenty people havent collected thiers as yet..........including me

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » January 22nd, 2021, 5:27 pm

^^^ditto

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 22nd, 2021, 6:47 pm

... me 3

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » October 29th, 2021, 3:17 am

anyone see a reduction in TTEC bill since replacing all bulbs to LED?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 29th, 2021, 5:22 am

Me 4

Make sure collect them "free" bulbs....you will be paying for them shortly when the new rates kick in!!!

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 29th, 2021, 5:30 am

daring dragoon wrote:anyone see a reduction in TTEC bill since replacing all bulbs to LED?
Yessir

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » October 29th, 2021, 5:39 am

Ppl really lined up for a free fakin bulb?
Bypass eating de grass and eating dirt yes..

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 29th, 2021, 6:30 am

gastly369 wrote:Ppl really lined up for a free fakin bulb?
Bypass eating de grass and eating dirt yes..
When trinis hear the word free they forget everything, especially since they had to clear their bills as an incentive to recieve such, not knowing they indirectly paid for it LOL

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”