TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The 2020 General Election Thread (AUGUST 10TH)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Who will you be voting for on Aug 10th

Poll ended at August 9th, 2020, 11:04 pm

PNM
22%
UNC
59%
COP
2%
PEP
13%
NNV
No votes
MSJ
No votes
NDP
No votes
PDP
No votes
Independent
4%

Total votes: 127

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: The 2020 General Election Thread (AUGUST 10TH) Poll added

Postby zoom rader » July 13th, 2020, 5:24 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Serious question. I want to ask somebody who has already decided to vote for PNM...

Why?

I promise I'm not being sarcastic and I promise not to poke fun at you for answering. I honestly just want to understand the reasoning behind such a decision.
Max , Redman, Dwane, elite, one eye,
Randolphinshan , mero and rspsnn are the men to answer your question.

With elite he does it cause he profits from PNM at the expense of guilable PNM voters

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » July 13th, 2020, 6:08 pm

Hinds has been fired from every ministry portfolio he's gotten. Why would he know the answers to any of those questions about petrotrin, governance etc? He probably would've given some vague bs answer anyway that really says nothing of substance. That's been his mode of responding for the decades he's been in parliament.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 13th, 2020, 6:17 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Serious question. I want to ask somebody who has already decided to vote for PNM...

Why?

I promise I'm not being sarcastic and I promise not to poke fun at you for answering. I honestly just want to understand the reasoning behind such a decision.

Honestly, it's because UNC is worse. I've worked within UNC for years, and Kamla has basically burned bridges with everyone who was worth having. Vasant, Bhoe, Kevin and Fazal were the last good men in UNC but now she's keeping things close with Khadija, Tancoo and Ratiram. Tancoo isn't too bad, but the core of UNC is toxic, and borderline retarded, and also very corrupt.

I will not support them, they will not make a better government than this PNM which says a lot about how bad they are.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » July 13th, 2020, 6:32 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

Why?

Honestly, it's because UNC is worse. I've worked within UNC for years, and Kamla has basically burned bridges with everyone who was worth having. Vasant, Bhoe, Kevin and Fazal were the last good men in UNC but now she's keeping things close with Khadija, Tancoo and Ratiram. Tancoo isn't too bad, but the core of UNC is toxic, and borderline retarded, and also very corrupt.

I will not support them, they will not make a better government than this PNM which says a lot about how bad they are.

You think UNC more corrupt?

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » July 13th, 2020, 6:39 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
eliteauto wrote:It appears the UNC has withdrawn their candidate for Lopinot / Bon Air West Triston Bonterre and replaced him with Prakash Williams.

Ent dat a PNM safe seat?

Prakash Williams is a serial Lopinot/Bon Air candidate. IIRC he has gone up for that seat before (2007) and also in one or two locals in the area
PNM ppl not going to vote for him.

He first name is Prakash....that’s why

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 13th, 2020, 7:31 pm

zoom rader wrote:

Why?

With elite he does it cause he profits from PNM at the expense of guilable PNM voters

Hello Zoom,

Thanks for the call out, appreciate it.

Hello Slartibartfast,

Both the PNM and the UNC have been bulling the citizens of T&T for way too long. I would say that the PNM lays more pipe on the people than UNC, and as a result, the PNM has my vote.

I am voting PNM for them to continue bulling the nation over and over and over until the citizens stand up for what is right. The people, and the people alone have the power to change this country, but they choose to stay silent as this is all a joke.

Call it immature, call it illogical, call it pointless and senseless....but the people need a wake up call and they need a Govt to kick them deep up the ass for them to speak out.

And secondly, i am voting PNM for their warm welcoming hospitality, sympathy and leniency to our beloved Venezuelan brothers, sisters and new born babies.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 13th, 2020, 8:22 pm

PEP on cnc3 atm...displaying candidates

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 13th, 2020, 8:51 pm

Up to now people do not understand where you are coming from.

MaxPower wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Why?

Hello Zoom,

Hello Slartibartfast,

Both the PNM and the UNC have been bulling the citizens of T&T for way too long. I would say that the PNM lays more pipe on the people than UNC, and as a result, the PNM has my vote.

I am voting PNM for them to continue bulling the nation over and over and over until the citizens stand up for what is right. The people, and the people alone have the power to change this country, but they choose to stay silent as this is all a joke.

Call it immature, call it illogical, call it pointless and senseless....but the people need a wake up call and they need a Govt to kick them deep up the ass for them to speak out.

And secondly, i am voting PNM for their warm welcoming hospitality, sympathy and leniency to our beloved Venezuelan brothers, sisters and new born babies.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 13th, 2020, 8:57 pm

Hello zoomrader , I am no longer PNM . I was passing a motorcade along Penal Rock Rd yesterday evening when a charming middle aged Indian woman threw a yellow jersey into my vehicle . When I opened it to check the size , three hundred dollars fell out . I realized that these people had my well being at heart so I'll be voting the Rising Sun this election.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 13th, 2020, 9:20 pm

rspann wrote:Hello zoomrader , I am no longer PNM . I was passing a motorcade along Penal Rock Rd yesterday evening when a charming middle aged Indian woman threw a yellow jersey into my vehicle . When I opened it to check the size , three hundred dollars fell out . I realized that these people had my well being at heart so I'll be voting the Rising Sun this election.
You get only 3 hundred while elite got 10 million.

Seems fair

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 13th, 2020, 9:23 pm

I hear a chupidee saying people does sell they vote for $300 so I thought it was true . He even got his crowd to cheer .

Even if someone was given $300 what stops them from voting anyway they choose.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 13th, 2020, 9:25 pm

Kewell35 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Why?

This UNC is as corrupt as they are stupid

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 13th, 2020, 9:26 pm

rspann wrote:I hear a chupidee saying people does sell they vote for $300 so I thought it was true . He even got his crowd to cheer .

Even if someone was given $300 what stops them from voting anyway they choose.
Elite complain he ant get any, but he looking to buy trucks.

Seems he getting another upcoming road works contracts

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » July 13th, 2020, 9:46 pm

I know how corrupt the last UNC was from direct family who worked within state enterprises etc under their rule. I can't support that at all knowing that they have no plans and we face one of the toughest times in Trinidad due to covid and the current economic climate and geopolitical issues plaguing the world.
That said the pnm is by no means capable of navigating this economic climate successfully. They have managed covid brilliantly but post covid I don't see them making and diversification or economic growth this country so badly needs.
Long and short is there is nothing either party is bringing to the table to merit a vote
Dohplaydat wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Why?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 13th, 2020, 9:54 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:I know how corrupt the last UNC was from direct family who worked within state enterprises etc under their rule. I can't support that at all knowing that they have no plans and we face one of the toughest times in Trinidad due to covid and the current economic climate and geopolitical issues plaguing the world.
That said the pnm is by no means capable of navigating this economic climate successfully. They have managed covid brilliantly but post covid I don't see them making and diversification or economic growth this country so badly needs.
Long and short is there is nothing either party is bringing to the table to merit a vote
Dohplaydat wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Why?

reboot2020
Ricer

Postby reboot2020 » July 13th, 2020, 9:54 pm

Part 3 of PEPs candidate launch.

39 Candidates Total. Party has endorsed the PDP for the remaining two seats in Tobago.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 13th, 2020, 9:57 pm

All these small parties are nothing without grassroots support.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 13th, 2020, 10:13 pm

I'm a strong proponent for rehabilitation and change but can Marc Beddoe contest the election with his criminal record?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm

reboot2020 wrote:Part 3 of PEPs candidate launch.

39 Candidates Total. Party has endorsed the PDP for the remaining two seats in Tobago.

Let's be real PEP has no chance. They are just noise.

Duke party in better position.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:I know how corrupt the last UNC was from direct family who worked within state enterprises etc under their rule. I can't support that at all knowing that they have no plans and we face one of the toughest times in Trinidad due to covid and the current economic climate and geopolitical issues plaguing the world.
Dohplaydat wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Why?

Finally someone sees it...NO MATTER WHO WINS....TOUGH DECISIONS ARE COMING...

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » July 13th, 2020, 11:01 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Why?

I didn't ask that though. I asked if he thought UNC was more corrupt.

I doubt anyone more stupid than the idiots in PNM though but the new roster that Kamla put could prob give them a run.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

The 2020 General Election Thread (AUGUST 10TH) Poll added

Postby MaxPower » July 13th, 2020, 11:12 pm

bluefete wrote:Up to now people do not understand where you are coming from.

MaxPower wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Why?

Hello Zoom,

Hello Slartibartfast,

Buh how u dont understand bluezyboo?

Its pleasurable and highly amusing to see Trinis whine, cry and complain as they get BOBOLIZED from the Govt....so i am voting for them so they can continue to do so.

You want me to vote for a party to make it better for these WOFT Trinis?

No no no no no no no...

Trinis dont deserve best treatment and easy life.....let them learn their lesson first.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 13th, 2020, 11:26 pm

F.0ck this PNM and these high skyrocket prices they charging Skybox now

They was getting my vote but no more, I doing like Elite I voting PEP

Imagine Trinis so f.0cking dotish them ordering Nike shoes that costing all kinda $200 USD and then sending in an invoice for all kinda $1 and thing. It really have illiterate dotish people like that in this country?

Imagine we come like UK, France and Canada now under this fcking PNM.

Imagine men paying $2500 USD for top tier Sex Dolls and getting charged for $100 "mannequin".
Customs opening them boxes now to inspect properly and soon as they realize it is an actual sex doll they seizing it one time as those things are infact illegal under the law same for any sex toy that resemble a genitalia.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 14th, 2020, 9:41 am

So yuh come here to beyotch because Customs seize yuh dolly?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:F.0ck this PNM and these high skyrocket prices they charging Skybox now

They was getting my vote but no more, I doing like Elite I voting PEP

Imagine Trinis so f.0cking dotish them ordering Nike shoes that costing all kinda $200 USD and then sending in an invoice for all kinda $1 and thing. It really have illiterate dotish people like that in this country?

Imagine we come like UK, France and Canada now under this fcking PNM.

Imagine men paying $2500 USD for top tier Sex Dolls and getting charged for $100 "mannequin".
Customs opening them boxes now to inspect properly and soon as they realize it is an actual sex doll they seizing it one time as those things are infact illegal under the law same for any sex toy that resemble a genitalia.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 14th, 2020, 9:42 am

Vanus James on calls to not vote for Duke: PNM's reason 'bogus'

Economist Dr Vanus James is of the view that the PNM’s reason why Tobagonians should not vote for PDP’s Tobago East candidate Watson Duke is “bogus.”

On Monday, James referred to statements made one week ago by the Prime Minister indicating that Tobagonians should not vote for Duke because he is "on a criminal charge and should not be offering himself for Parliament."

Duke is the Tobago House of Assembly's (THA) Minority Leader – a position he won and has held since 2017 when he contested the THA election. The Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP) contested all 12 electoral districts but were only successful with Roxborough/ Delaford and L’Anse Fourmi/ Charlotteville/ Speyside.

“I remember Rowley on the PNM platform in 2017 when Watson won the seat and they were saying that they were happy to get 10-2," James said.

"He said 'We will take the 10-2, we didn’t get all 12 but we’ll take 10-2'.

“If Rowley was so concerned that being on a charge disqualifies you from being a representative, he would have mentioned it then and, much more importantly, he would have changed the law.

“He is the Prime Minister. He could go to the Parliament – he needs only a simple majority. Change the THA Act and say that nobody could be a representative in the THA if they’re on a charge."

James said the Representation of the People's Act also does not prohibit someone on a criminal charge from running for political office.

"You could be on a murder charge and still run for office. Rowley had four years to change this law… he did nothing about it.”

When contacted, the party’s public relations officer, Zorisha Hackett, said the law presumes Duke’s innocence and makes him an eligible candidate. She said the PDP has remained consistent in this position.

“He...would be allowed to function as any other member of the party save and except a court of law proves otherwise.

“Further, this is all indicative of how broken our judicial system is. How can it be considered justice for someone to be accused and be dragged through the judicial system for such a long time without any clear direction? Is that individual to put his life and aspirations on hold until then? What if he is proven not guilty after all this time? Who compensates him for his tarnished name?"

Hackett said it is for those reasons the party’s position has been that Duke be allowed his constitutional right to serve.

PDP deputy political leader and THA Minority Councillor Dr Faith BYisrael expressed her support for her political leader.

“Mr Duke qualifies to be a candidate in this election and obviously he was qualified to contest the 2017 THA Elections.”

Source: https://newsday.co.tt/2020/07/13/vanus- ... son-bogus/

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 14th, 2020, 11:01 am

^^^ PNM running scared in bago.

Would nice to see bago become non PNM.

Let's hope PNM wins elections.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 14th, 2020, 12:03 pm

I well say I will get a dread black hoodie for free

Is 300 they want for it inno
no thanks

I wonder if it coming with 500 in the pocket tho.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 14th, 2020, 12:06 pm

Lives in a tropical country with average daytime temps in the mid 30s
PNM - lets sells hoodies!!!

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 14th, 2020, 12:09 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Lives in a tropical country with average daytime temps in the mid 30s
PNM - lets sells hoodies!!!

Should have sold sleeveless vests instead, nice idea but just stupid

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 14th, 2020, 12:14 pm

at least they have sense to not embarrass themselves ........

https://www.103fm.tt/news/patriotic-fro ... Hi4LxgYVnU

Patriotic Front bows out of election race

Patriotic Front led by Mickela Panday has decided not to contest the 2020 General Elections.

The party stated that after speaking with nominees, volunteers and supporters to decide the best way forward for the party, it cannot achieve what it wants in a three week campaign.

The PF says they have never intended to split anybody’s vote, but to appeal to the more than 50 per cent of the electorate, registered and unregistered who do not vote at all.

And, they believe there is not enough time to share with their target voters the party’s plan to bring its vision to fruition, or to secure election funding in a transparent manner.

“To achieve this will require us sharing with our target voters our plans to bring this vision to fruition and to give all of our candidates a fair chance in the 2020 General Election. We do not believe that this can be done in three weeks. It will not only be an injustice to our young, bright, new candidates but to the country as a whole. The Patriotic Front was not born merely to fight elections, it was born to restructure our society. Additionally we face the uphill battle of securing campaign financing, in an accountable and transparent manner, which is necessary to put in place the requisite election machinery.”

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”