TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The 2020 General Election Thread (AUGUST 10TH)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Who will you be voting for on Aug 10th

Poll ended at August 9th, 2020, 11:04 pm

PNM
22%
UNC
59%
COP
2%
PEP
13%
NNV
No votes
MSJ
No votes
NDP
No votes
PDP
No votes
Independent
4%

Total votes: 127

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: The 2020 General Election Thread (AUGUST 10TH) Poll added

Postby MG Man » August 10th, 2020, 10:32 am

A vote for PEP:
Wasted vote, or a way to signal dissatisfaction with the decades of red and yellow crap / corruption / mismanagement / incompetence?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 10th, 2020, 10:33 am

MG Man wrote:A vote for PEP:
Wasted vote, or a way to signal dissatisfaction with the decades of red and yellow crap / corruption / mismanagement / incompetence?

A vote cast could never be a vote wasted.

Just my opinion

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Election prediction thread, and alternate poll

Postby elec2020 » August 10th, 2020, 10:33 am

Kewell35 wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:
mero wrote:Look how dem UNC begging for votes now nah.

Doh know allyuh fellas upbringing or maybe you pretend not to notice but UNC esp in the last 5 years made it clear that they doh care for no one else besides injun. Just take a look at daily comments on 2nr geared towards "PNM ppl" and 4 or 5 non UNC tuners who get called out 5 times a day . Racism is a now a set tone n here. Ole talk forum that used to be fun and addictive now run by a handful of morons who politicize everything

How is any of that racist?
Also who ever say all them thing about chinese and dougla here etc?

Imo mero is referring to the comments made to non UNC supporters or people who question the actions of UNC over the last few days. I have not read them in its entirety so while i may not claim racism i will say the hate shown to these individuals was particularly significant.

They prob just don't agree with you all. I didn't see any racism but curious to as what they say.

On page 86 in the general electioms thread search for 'house'. Thats the only investigation i will do on racist comments made during the elections. I am sure there are others though.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 10th, 2020, 10:35 am

If UNC could bag Mayaro and make it 18 and if Duke take the Tobago 2 and Warner take Lopinot-BAW, it means PNM will end up with 20. Question is, would Duke and Warner team up with the UNC to form a govt?

Next scenario: If PEP manage to take 5 (the 2 Diego Martin, 2 POS and St Anns) then PNM will end up with 15. So PEP could possibly be a blessing in disguise for the UNC or it can equally be so for the PNM.

I must say, so much permutations and combinations it is difficult to predict this one. The outcome of this election will definitely tell us about the country's state of mind. We will see if it continues to be about race.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 10th, 2020, 10:42 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

Just my opinion

I agree, but it's shocking how many seemingly intelligent reds and yellows are quick to cry doom and gloom when you voice this opinion
ohgaaaaaar yuh go kill weeeeee, yuh go make DEM winnnnnn

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 10th, 2020, 10:43 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:PEP by a landslide

PEP have some competition in my seat. The Weed party sending up a candidate as well the COP

That will probably be the most keenly contested 100 votes in any seat

at least one weed party candidate is a crooked shitsnake...I call them out on their fb page about it and they replied by inviting me to like their page :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 10th, 2020, 10:43 am

agent007 wrote:If UNC could bag Mayaro and make it 18 and if Duke take the Tobago 2 and Warner take Lopinot-BAW, it means PNM will end up with 20. Question is, would Duke and Warner team up with the UNC to form a govt?

Next scenario: If PEP manage to take 5 (the 2 Diego Martin, 2 POS and St Anns) then PNM will end up with 15. So PEP could possibly be a blessing in disguise for the UNC or it can equally be so for the PNM.

I must say, so much permutations and combinations it is difficult to predict this one. The outcome of this election will definitely tell us about the country's state of mind. We will see if it continues to be about race.

AYE... PEP not taking no 5 :lol:

I'll give him 1 and that is the seat he's fighting for. Because of his personality and people don't like Imbert, he might get thru.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 10th, 2020, 10:44 am

Doh know allyuh fellas upbringing or maybe you pretend not to notice but UNC esp in the last 5 years made it clear that they doh care for no one else besides injun. Just take a look at daily comments on 2nr geared towards "PNM ppl" and 4 or 5 non UNC tuners who get called out 5 times a day . Racism is a now a set tone n here. Ole talk forum that used to be fun and addictive now run by a handful of morons who politicize everything

Idgaf bout any of u really but 2nr is open for everyone to see and it looks like a KOTPNM fb page, a total cesspool and a turnoff for anyone who not total Indo Trini. Mods doh even post again

Syrian? Hate them.. blank ppl? Nah dem dotish bad, Chinese? Dem stink.... Douglas? Dem half PNM.. mixed fence sitters? Nah dem dotish, dem is PNM... dey there to split d votes.

Funniest thing is how allyuh act surprised when no one wants to vote UNC. It's literally the most unattractive party of all time only being toted by grassroot supporters and a drunkard racist leader who don't know when it's her time to quit after successive losses.

Maybe I'll eat my words later but I don't see UNC ever winning another election once this current model stands. WTN may have to wait at least another 5 years.

Yeah you gee dem Mero, preach brother preach !

Damm blaster drunkard racist leader

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 10th, 2020, 10:45 am

The_Honourable wrote:
agent007 wrote:If UNC could bag Mayaro and make it 18 and if Duke take the Tobago 2 and Warner take Lopinot-BAW, it means PNM will end up with 20. Question is, would Duke and Warner team up with the UNC to form a govt?

AYE... PEP not taking no 5 :lol:

I'll give him 1 and that is the seat he's fighting for. Because of his personality and people don't like Imbert, he might get thru.

PEP appears to not wining anything

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 10th, 2020, 10:46 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:heading down after lunch as well.
usually the quietest in my experience.

Remember to leave your phone in your car eh.

yeah. having to put it in a container with everybody else phone is a covid risk.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 10th, 2020, 10:48 am

bluefete wrote:Voted.

Polls opened exactly at 6:00 a.m. with about 100 people already in the line. Social distancing in effect.

At the polling station, wash hands upon entry.

Sanitize hands (not wash, eh, yuh already do that) then join line for verification. Join next line to get ballot card AND stamp (unlike before, you are given the stamp to mark your X).

After voting, put stamp in basket. Stamp is sanitized for next voter.

Then go to final station. Sanitize hands again. Dip finger in ink. Insert ballot card in box. Wipe finger in tissue then leave.

Go home, clean finger (I not saying with what) which eventually shows no sign of having voted (except for tiny, tiny sliver of ink at side of nail) !!! LOL.

was everyone wearing masks?

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » August 10th, 2020, 10:52 am

zoom rader wrote:

Idgaf bout any of u really but 2nr is open for everyone to see and it looks like a KOTPNM fb page, a total cesspool and a turnoff for anyone who not total Indo Trini. Mods doh even post again

Syrian? Hate them.. blank ppl? Nah dem dotish bad, Chinese? Dem stink.... Douglas? Dem half PNM.. mixed fence sitters? Nah dem dotish, dem is PNM... dey there to split d votes.

Funniest thing is how allyuh act surprised when no one wants to vote UNC. It's literally the most unattractive party of all time only being toted by grassroot supporters and a drunkard racist leader who don't know when it's her time to quit after successive losses.

Maybe I'll eat my words later but I don't see UNC ever winning another election once this current model stands. WTN may have to wait at least another 5 years.

Cut the ponytail if UNC loss nah

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 10th, 2020, 10:53 am

PEP attracted a lot of 2 percenters eh. The French and Spanish Creole people of high colour. He also got some hard-core African and Indian supporters. I suspect he not getting anything but splitting the vote in certain seats will definitely be the case.

Even if PEP could muster up just 1 seat, I suspect it would be 1 less in a PNM strong-hold. He may be able to push a number that COP could not reach back in 2007. If he does this then the question is, would Alexander, Duke and Warner (if they're all successful) be willing to join tantie Kams?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 10th, 2020, 10:55 am

agent007 wrote:PEP attracted a lot of 2 percenters eh. The French and Spanish Creole people of high colour. He also got some hard-core African and Indian supporters. I suspect he not getting anything but splitting the vote in certain seats will definitely be the case.

Even if PEP could muster up just 1 seat, I suspect it would be 1 less in a PNM strong-hold. He may be able to push a number that COP could not reach back in 2007. If he does this then the question is, would Alexander, Duke and Warner (if they're all successful) be willing to join tantie Kams?

Duke yes...not sure about the next 2

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 10th, 2020, 10:57 am

pep is the most confident of the losers though
they seem sure to win seats

duke is the only one who gave good chance of winning a seat

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 10th, 2020, 10:59 am

MG Man wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Just my opinion

I agree, but it's shocking how many seemingly intelligent reds and yellows are quick to cry doom and gloom when you voice this opinion
ohgaaaaaar yuh go kill weeeeee, yuh go make DEM winnnnnn

I also had a pretty extensive FB argument yesterday that someone not voting (basically 31% of our electorate) does not lose the ability to criticize about the state of the nation.

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » August 10th, 2020, 11:00 am

22-19 PNM

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 10th, 2020, 11:02 am

pugboy wrote:pep is the most confident of the losers though

PEP not even close to rivaling peak COP (2006 - 2007)
And they couldn't get a single seat

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 10th, 2020, 11:04 am

mero wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Cut the ponytail if UNC loss nah
What loss ?

I made it very clear than PNM should win by default.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 10th, 2020, 11:04 am

Bleach and scrubbing hard will work to remove a silver nitrate stain. But not 100% as under the fingernails will still be stained with the dye. Caustic chemicals though, so it's your own risk if you cut up your hands or get some in your eyes (you will go blind with alkaline).

What's the big deal anyway about having the voting stain on your finger?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 10th, 2020, 11:06 am

One thing that resonates with many Tobagonians is the statement growley made recently about not forgiving tobago. If Duke swipe them 2 seats then growley put himself in that position. Don't threaten people and expect them to vote you back.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 10th, 2020, 11:07 am

More like a Toilet seat .

They should have foucs on a handfull of seats and spend the most times in those areas. They stretch too far

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Election prediction thread, and alternate poll

Postby greggle71 » August 10th, 2020, 11:07 am

That’s a lot of votes to turnover for Duke to win

2015 result
PNM - 7,951
Duke (Independent) - 1,796

I think he will definitely get more votes this time but will it be enough?
Last edited by greggle71 on August 10th, 2020, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 10th, 2020, 11:08 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

PEP not even close to rivaling peak COP (2006 - 2007)
And they couldn't get a single seat

yuh sure bout that one bro?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 10th, 2020, 11:09 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

Just my opinion

Yup.
I might not agree with some parties, but I have nothing against people voting for them. That's the beauty of a democracy.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 10th, 2020, 11:11 am

maj. tom wrote:Bleach and scrubbing hard will work to remove a silver nitrate stain. But not 100% as under the fingernails will still be stained with the dye. Caustic chemicals though, so it's your own risk if you cut up your hands or get some in your eyes (you will go blind with alkaline).

Before you vote you simply smear vaseline on your finger. It works every time

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 10th, 2020, 11:14 am

Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on August 10th, 2020, 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 10th, 2020, 11:15 am

zoom rader wrote:
maj. tom wrote:Bleach and scrubbing hard will work to remove a silver nitrate stain. But not 100% as under the fingernails will still be stained with the dye. Caustic chemicals though, so it's your own risk if you cut up your hands or get some in your eyes (you will go blind with alkaline).

this time u have to wash/sanitize hands before tho

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » August 10th, 2020, 11:15 am

zoom rader wrote:

used vaseline on finger before dipping in ink and then a little bleach and it is 99% gone. I just did that a few minutes ago. very slight stain under nail

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 10th, 2020, 11:16 am

hopefully pep will disappear after this
tired of his ranting

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”