TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Would you VOTE in 2020?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Given the Current Political Landscape, Would you VOTE in 2020?

1. Nah. COVID TIMES. I Politically Distancing myself from this
13%
2. Yerp. Hadda make meh stand! We Ride at dawn beyotches!!!
44%
3. On the fence. This election promises not gonna cut it. Serious plans have to be put forth with realistic expectations.
43%

Total votes: 54

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Re: Would you VOTE in 2020?

Postby Ben_spanna » May 23rd, 2020, 1:38 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I would vote if

Pnm move: rohan, shitkickers, ferris, colm, stuart, franklin,terrence, camile

Unc move: kamla, monilal, roberts(yeah he still deh),devant(he deh too),

So it looks like i not voting

Well said, older generation of corrupt to the bone fvkers needs to go....

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 23rd, 2020, 1:43 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:

To be fair, why Colm, stuart? Them two are the brains behind PNM right now and especially Colm has done a good job.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 23rd, 2020, 1:47 pm

Good lord. Imbert is ah cnut and stuart not far behind...I selling my vote yes

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 23rd, 2020, 1:52 pm

If Colm and Stewie are the brains of the PNM then this actually explains a lot.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 23rd, 2020, 2:13 pm

man say Colm did a good job yes.
You cyah be living here.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 23rd, 2020, 3:18 pm

maj. tom wrote:man say Colm did a good job yes.
You cyah be living here.

He doesn't seem to realize that down to his grandchildren will be repaying loans from Impsy and his economic arsery.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 23rd, 2020, 4:20 pm

Yeah but study how much PNM do for they grassroot supporters .

Vote dem back een!

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 23rd, 2020, 4:21 pm

Talking 2 2 again...
Dohplaydat wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:

To be fair, why Colm, stuart? Them two are the brains behind PNM right now and especially Colm has done a good job.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 23rd, 2020, 4:46 pm

If colm and stewie are the brains, where does that leave rohan, feris and shitlickers?????

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » May 23rd, 2020, 8:25 pm

So PEA deputy resigned and he hit d man some low personal blows......and he preaching he will be different than pnm and unc.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 23rd, 2020, 8:45 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:So PEA deputy resigned and he hit d man some low personal blows......and he preaching he will be different than pnm and unc.

why do the PNM and UNC have three deputy political leaders?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 23rd, 2020, 9:01 pm

Phillip out the man and he gyul yes. Just say you accept his resignation and done. No professionalism whatsoever.

Not getting my vote for sure.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 23rd, 2020, 9:02 pm

Chalkdust call them three blind mice . Somebody could post the song .

D Diesel Report
Trinituner Peong

Postby D Diesel Report » May 23rd, 2020, 9:37 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:So PEA deputy resigned and he hit d man some low personal blows......and he preaching he will be different than pnm and unc.

Boy one ting to look forward to, besides a pnm supermajority, is the breakdown pep gonna have when dey get low votes and no seats. :drinking: :drinking:

Leader need a reality check.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » May 24th, 2020, 7:16 am

He kno that book already... Is just some people have to see it in black an white.

Also that dj man going up for San Juan... He licks book too. (ah forget he name)
D Diesel Report wrote:

Boy one ting to look forward to, besides a pnm supermajority, is the breakdown pep gonna have when dey get low votes and no seats. :drinking: :drinking:

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 24th, 2020, 8:25 am

What supermajority?? Can you really see the UNC losing more than three of their 18 seats at worse?

There hasn't been enough HDC houses built to alter demographics that much.
D Diesel Report wrote:

D Diesel Report
Trinituner Peong

Postby D Diesel Report » May 24th, 2020, 9:24 am

Dizzy28 wrote:What supermajority?? Can you really see the UNC losing more than three of their 18 seats at worse?

There hasn't been enough HDC houses built to alter demographics that much.
D Diesel Report wrote:

Ah seeing with a strong split vote that PNM winning 26 to 28 seats. UNC winning the rest and the third party dem getting salt.

If people forget the third party, and vote UNC. I see dem getting 25 seats. But people kinda dotish and think third party will make an impact and waste their vote.

This is PNM election to lose or win bigly. If they could get people to vote third party, they go do well and have a legislative majority for 5 years.

I for one will be entertained to see wha dem go bring and look to pressah trinis and bagos with having dat! :drinking: :drinking: :lol:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 24th, 2020, 9:34 am

Tobago. Dem forget the ferry business that happened 2018. They were quite happy with it, in fact.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 24th, 2020, 10:45 am

[instagram][/instagram]
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Good lord. Imbert is ah cnut and stuart not far behind...I selling my vote yes

How would you have managed the economy differently 2015-2020?

Perfect? No
Likeable certainly not....but he has had to make some tough decisions.....with a tough environment.

And there are few people so technically knowledgeable on workings of a ministry.

We might not like the decisions....but that doesn't mean the choice was not the corrector a good one.

The AG also needs to be recognized for the push to the modification of the legislation and the capacity expansion in the judiciary.

Like or dislike...we put them their to do the job.

I don't think they've been that bad.

Let the Sunday Flames begin.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 24th, 2020, 11:31 am

Monk BANzai wrote:Framing the question a lil bit different and adding a poll. Why? Becuz reasons....

Kamla’s UNC and Rowley’s PNM are both the weakest they have ever been. Both have make plans and failed to execute during their tenure. Both have allegations of corruption hanging over their heads with neither party being able to produce solid evidence against the other. The public is tired of the ‘they tief plenty... don’t vote for them’ campaigns.

That said. Would you Vote?

Reasons, the reasons that we're here
The reasons that we fear
Our feelings won't disappear
And after the love game has been played
All our illusions were just a parade
And all the reasons start to fade)

Honestly I didnt find the Rowley PNM to be the weakest although I could see why people view it that way

The Rowley PNM is way way less corrupt than Manning, Panday and Kamla of their time. Rowley is a lot more efficient in terms of public spending and cutting wastage.

I feel like he so careful about spending the public money that it has resulted in him forgetting that jobs is what people need and by doing so he has killed a lot of jobs for hard working people and this will be his biggest downfall

He has completely failed in creating or saving jobs or companies etc

With everything else he has handled the country really well given what he has had to deal with in terms of oil price etc

I do not see Rowley losing this election, not against coonial and them anyways, if there was some sudden miraculous change in the UNC and a new leader a strong one who could handle coonilal then Rowley would likely be a sitting duck, what I dislike about the PNM is their increased taxes on things like game consoles etc or the fact that you can't import things like Sex Doll etc it seems rather backwards although legalizing weed is quite a progressive move on their part
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on May 24th, 2020, 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » May 24th, 2020, 11:49 am

Redman wrote:[instagram][/instagram]
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Good lord. Imbert is ah cnut and stuart not far behind...I selling my vote yes

Perfect? No
Likeable certainly not....but he has had to make some tough decisions.....with a tough environment.

And there are few people so technically knowledgeable on workings of a ministry.

We might not like the decisions....but that doesn't mean the choice was not the corrector a good one.

The AG also needs to be recognized for the push to the modification of the legislation and the capacity expansion in the judiciary.

Redman wrote: And there are few people so technically knowledgeable on workings of a ministry.

You have to be firetrucking me... There are many public servants here on trinituner, I being 1 calling u out on this BS.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 24th, 2020, 11:56 am

Perfect? No

I swear you clickbaiting people just to light up this thread and turn it into a 100 page extravaganza by Monday morning.... but keep on smoking whatever you do. Remain there in dreamland... things in T&T not so nice.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 24th, 2020, 1:04 pm

When I say pnm supporters harden, yuh feel is joke.

Right now the only shakeup that could happen now is if the US really place individual sanctions on persons in government. If the decision is made, is either before the election date is announced or after the elections.

If it's before, UNC supporters would be glad and the election will shift in their direction for the win. PNM supporters including unions and black activists will accuse the US for interfering in the elections using Guyana and Venezuela as examples. They already gearing up to preach that excuse.

If PNM wins and sanctions come after elections, this might force another General Election. By that time, UNC might have their house in order and get the win.

As it stands, it's up in the air now.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 24th, 2020, 3:37 pm

Gladiator wrote:

Perfect? No

I swear you clickbaiting people just to light up this thread and turn it into a 100 page extravaganza by Monday morning.... but keep on smoking whatever you do. Remain there in dreamland... things in T&T not so nice.

:D
Kinda halfway.clickbaiting ...I’m kinda disappointed in only 2 but It early yet

Deathly says plenty people.....but few willing to take up the responsibility...keyboard warriors aplenty

I know one person who is happy to write in the papers ....always know everything...but when asked to serve....declined.

But the real question is...if at the end of the day we limited to who win...and we are, who of substance is willing to take up the spot..of a Ministers post?

I see men hoping for sanctions in time for elections...

Given the energy prices since 2014 and the resulting state of play....we could be in a much worse spot.

ETA if you disagree provide some rational points...enough of the basic PNM people dis, and dat...

And full disclosure...I voted PNM, UNC COP....I could vote for anyone next election....I don’t know who I will vote for in 2020.....I have zeeeefkinrow emotional attachment to any political party....

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 24th, 2020, 5:44 pm

Right now this 2020 election year for T&T has similarities to 1986, 1995 and 2010. The PNM is battered and can easily lose if there is a united opposition. UNC cannot win by itself and this has been proven before.

Take a look at what happened to Team Unity, COP and ILP etc. They got votes but the core support was split. They were not enough to become a legitimate opposition or be part of the House of Representatives.

I really dont see the sense in setting up a political party knowing that you just cannot ride on your own weight and expect to make a dent. If the multitude of opposing parties would really like to put country first, I suggest they forget who the "Founder" or "Interim Political Leader" is and unite to form one collective entity.

May 24th and I can safely say, it's already too late because a union of that type will result in a power struggle and most will not agree on KPB being the PL of this hypothetical alliance.

If something is brewing, the electorate must see evidence from all now otherwise, make sure you all have an exit plan. The sweet T&T you knew it to be - sadly that ship sailed probably when Ramesh, Ralph and Romeo mutinied back in 2001 and the rest was all down hill after that.

So to answer the OPs question, I would say, regretfully no. For the first time in my life, I may have to pass up on this civic duty of mine because our democracy is a sham and regardless of who is elected, the status quo remains.

Goodluck to us all.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 24th, 2020, 9:10 pm

agent007 wrote:Right now this 2020 election year for T&T has similarities to 1986, 1995 and 2010. The PNM is battered and can easily lose if there is a united opposition. UNC cannot win by itself and this has been proven before.

Take a look at what happened to Team Unity, COP and ILP etc. They got votes but the core support was split. They were not enough to become a legitimate opposition or be part of the House of Representatives.

this is what the academics always preach about. There are several groups in this country, not just two. Even in a seemingly monolithic party like the PNM, there are sub-groups that can and sometimes do shift loyalty to create the variance in election results.

The UNC loves to deride the smaller groups, but getting them on-board has historically been the difference between victory and defeat. The UNC is intent on going their own this year, so we will see what happens.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 24th, 2020, 9:35 pm

^^ The UNC's go it alone mantra is a good move, if they win there is no dilution of the party's vision as they make compromises with other parties in a "unite to win" strategy. If they lose then it becomes incumbent upon them to take stock of the party and what is needed to increase it's appeal outside of it's base, they will no longer be able to rely of fallback excuses of race, the EBC, public servants etc. To lose and continue on that path is to relegate itself to opposition politics for the foreseeable future

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 24th, 2020, 10:00 pm

death365 wrote:

Perfect? No

Redman wrote: And there are few people so technically knowledgeable on workings of a ministry.

You have to be firetrucking me... There are many public servants here on trinituner, I being 1 calling u out on this BS.

Don't study The Bag, he bemoans the lack of experience in the ministry so what can be done? Hire a team of experts and call them Oh I dunno, an Economic Advisory Board, then refuse to listen to far less implement any of their recommendations, then disband it and continue to borrow your way out of trouble at the worst possible time.

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby coltspeed » May 26th, 2020, 6:26 am

i just choosing the lesser of two evils, by far this gov is the worst.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 26th, 2020, 7:29 am

VOTE? In 2020? Lemme put it like this...

If you seriously dehydrated and you need to drink something otherwise you dead, which would you choose. A lanate smoothie or a gramoxone slushie?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”