TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Call for reparatory justice pertaining to African slavery.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Call for reparatory justice pertaining to African slavery.

Postby rspann » August 2nd, 2018, 11:58 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Does it really matter what happened in the past? its DONE, get over all of it, move on with your lives...…………...

Boy, rock so with that talk nah! Anybody know how much each we getting? Meelions?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 2nd, 2018, 12:11 pm

teems1 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:the American Indians getting mother-loads of money right now from the US

What the native Americans went through is not comparable to the others. There are still butt loads of Africans/Indians/Jews/Chinese still around.

It's near impossible to find someone who is 100% native in the Caribbean/North America as they were wiped out by the colonizers through disease, genocide etc.

Everything you say above started in Europe .

Native Americans went through plenty .

So you believe in evolution then ? :D

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » August 2nd, 2018, 12:40 pm

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » August 2nd, 2018, 3:06 pm

There are many who disagree with the reparations even some Native Americans themselves. Look at how they live today? Many are alcoholics, depressed and are barely contributing to society. Also, what native american received wasn't reparations but based on treaties.

Reparations, especially after many generations does not work. And while there are few precedents set, there are many many many other groups who have suffered worse than African slaves.

Caricom asking for reparations just makes the region look like backward and entitled. You run things now, you have your own independent country, make something of it rather than begging for handouts because your great great great grandfather made some European rich by being a slave.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 2nd, 2018, 3:21 pm

if one is to believe that the US Civil war was started because of the ascension of Lincoln into office on an anti slavery campaign ..then whats the net effect of those who lost their lives and property in that war-in order to end slavery?

At least in the US the info shows that the majority of house holds did not own slaves.....so how we deal with that?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 2nd, 2018, 5:18 pm

Daran wrote:Reparations, especially after many generations does not work. And while there are few precedents set, there are many many many other groups who have suffered worse than African slaves.

Ancient Egypt comes to mind. In relative modern times none come to my mind offhand though.
but be that the case as it may, African slaves were not even considered human by the majority of the slave owners & slavers of North America & Europe, & thus subjected to some of the worst treatment imaginable

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 2nd, 2018, 7:55 pm

Central American societies had some pretty gnarly stuff going on. Like madmax but without cars

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » August 3rd, 2018, 11:37 am

Daran wrote:There are many who disagree with the reparations even some Native Americans themselves. Look at how they live today? Many are alcoholics, depressed and are barely contributing to society. Also, what native american received wasn't reparations but based on treaties.

Reparations, especially after many generations does not work. And while there are few precedents set, there are many many many other groups who have suffered worse than African slaves.

Caricom asking for reparations just makes the region look like backward and entitled. You run things now, you have your own independent country, make something of it rather than begging for handouts because your great great great grandfather made some European rich by being a slave.

X2

We are here now and have a chance.

I hate hearing people beyotch about their ancestors being enslaved and having had to go through so much suffering and these same people treat their alive mother and grandparents like sheit, but conveniently care about 50+ generations back because its a sweet excuse for sympathy.

A better way to channel ones hatred about ancestral slavery would be to point the finger towards our own forefathers back in Africa who sold us out from being part of them. Alike the Indian kingdom who culturally casted out as waste the people who came here.

I always ask the question, after institutional slavery practices and labor ended, lets suppose the white man decided to board us all on ships and send all of our people's asses back to Africa and India, would it have been better? Instead we got a chance here and still screwed it up.

And guess what, nothing has changed culturally, we have control of our own fates and civilization after all the struggles and its the same sheit we do. People sell out their own brothers and sisters every day for freaking money whether in big or small ways. We are screwed culturally, well most of us cuz we are stupid and we love money. Indian or African its the same thing. We are a hybrid compound of the sheit we came from.

All these people fighting about mama Africa and wanting to visit India to touch whomsoever's feet, we were cut out of that the day we got sold out and are still blinded to start afresh and chart our own future.

Nobody owes anybody anything and i think we need to thank the white man for not sending us back to the motherlands after they were done with us. Im sure the Caribbean couldve been the little Americas populated with white European settlers if they wished. Pumping oil and living on nice beaches. We wouldve been a story about a little boy in africa or india begging or going through garbage.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 3rd, 2018, 1:26 pm

speedmelter wrote:Nobody owes anybody anything and i think we need to thank the white man for not sending us back to the motherlands after they were done with us. Im sure the Caribbean couldve been the little Americas populated with white European settlers if they wished. Pumping oil and living on nice beaches. We wouldve been a story about a little boy in africa or india begging or going through garbage.

There were children & grand children born of those that were taken into bondage & enslaved, even during the peak os the slave trade those children that were not born in Africa are not Africans. So why pray tell would you think somebody should "thank"' whitey for "not sending us back" to somewhere they never came from, know little about, & to a nation of people that may well never accept them as one of their own?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 5th, 2018, 1:25 pm

Professor Theodore Lewis wrote an essay on this. It was printed in the Guardian a few years ago.Somebody should find it and post it.

FordeG
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Riots in the USA

Postby FordeG » June 25th, 2020, 11:15 pm

As a black man, I am telling you, even here in TRINIDAD, we face extensive racism. May I remind you of these situations:
1. Prestige school placements
2. UWI admissions (why do you think Manning formed UTT?)
3. In any high-end establishment, blacks are only allowed if you mixed or have money or clout (aka Rowley, the Oreo).
4. Job discrimination, they will always prefer a pushover indo vs a strong black person
5. Loan applications, some many Ps and Qs they asking for, but my indo colleague with the same job gets through in record time. Also, why are all the mid level management in RBC and Scotia Indo?

Many of you say slavery shouldn't affect us, but how do you think it feels being black in this world. From the time you born you are being reminded that your people are the lowest rung of society. You all were slaves and now we let you go free, please don't fight too hard over our scraps. How do think it feels knowing that other than safe places like our Church, we are constantly being judged and assumed to be criminals.

How do you think it feels knowing that there are many countries and places that we can't visit because of racism? I've been told countless times black people should never visit Russia or Australia, yet I've had indian colleagues visit there regularly.

Indian ppl will often say, when they go US they are treated like they're black. But I am TELLING YOU that is RUBBISH. I have travelled with Church groups to Florida, and Indians are basically treated the same as whites, they get respect, they aren't admonished or ignored. Blacks are treated like errand boys and are mostly ignored.

Imagine going to an olive garden with my kids, and being ignored while persons of ALL races will get prompt service.

Do you have any idea how many times I have to see indian and white women clutching their purse or cell phone when we pass by?

Do you not see the discrepancies in funding being given to black schools and health centers?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 25th, 2020, 11:26 pm

FordeG wrote:As a black man, I am telling you, even here in TRINIDAD, we face extensive racism. May I remind you of these situations:
3. In any high-end establishment, blacks are only allowed if you mixed or have money or clout (aka Rowley, the Oreo).
4. Job discrimination, they will always prefer a pushover indo vs a strong black person
5. Loan applications, some many Ps and Qs they asking for, but my indo colleague with the same job gets through in record time. Also, why are all the mid level management in RBC and Scotia Indo?

Many of you say slavery shouldn't affect us, but how do you think it feels being black in this world. From the time you born you are being reminded that your people are the lowest rung of society. You all were slaves and now we let you go free, please don't fight too hard over our scraps. How do think it feels knowing that other than safe places like our Church, we are constantly being judged and assumed to be criminals.

Do you have any idea how many times I have to see indian and white women clutching their purse or cell phone when we pass by?

Do you not see the discrepancies in funding being given to black schools and health centers?

FordeG yuh talking sheit. Almost all of our 58 years of self determination were of black majority GORTT's, so are you claiming black on black racism :? When you endure apartheid/1960's US/Gaza type discrimination, then you would realize what true, brutal racism is. Your problem, like many Trinis, is your arse is too happy.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » June 25th, 2020, 11:33 pm

FordeG wrote:As a black man, I am telling you, even here in TRINIDAD, we face extensive racism. May I remind you of these situations:

How do you think it feels knowing that there are many countries and places that we can't visit because of racism? I've been told countless times black people should never visit Russia or Australia, yet I've had indian colleagues visit there regularly.

Indian ppl will often say, when they go US they are treated like they're black. But I am TELLING YOU that is RUBBISH. I have travelled with Church groups to Florida, and Indians are basically treated the same as whites, they get respect, they aren't admonished or ignored. Blacks are treated like errand boys and are mostly ignored.

Imagine going to an olive garden with my kids, and being ignored while persons of ALL races will get prompt service.

With referenced to you first two points I believe any one who carefully analyses the situation would realize it has to do with grades and not race. In the US they give preference to minority races for application to certain colleges over grades which is itself racist and I hope to God it never happens here. As to utt it was created for those who couldn't get into uwi because of grades again and not race. Is simple, you want your kids to go to prestige schools tell them to work harder. And these schools are part privately funded as well. As to the discrepencies in funding to black schools and health centres as you it, well we have a black majority govt so what's their excuse?
Since we on race why don't you address the lack of indos in the armed forces. I'd like to hear your views on that

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 25th, 2020, 11:48 pm

FordeG the reason mostly Indian does get into UWI is not because of their race that is nonsense, it have endless black people in UWI. In Hindu society you are supposed to go to University and become a doctor and anything less is shame upon the family. Not many cultures are like this, this is the primary reason why so many medical students are Indian has nothing to do with being black.

I mean I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that I am mostly right with the exception of a few racist decisions here and there, although it is more nepotism than race.

Same way Indians never got hired into public sector until manning changed that entire culture and started contracting out everything. It's all a friend and family thing in places like WASA etc

Trinidad eh have no race issue that is real hog wash.

And as for pretty fair skin girls who look like models they will always get first preference, that one is all genetics, pure luck so long as they can just pass the check boxes in terms of resume.

There is a reason you never see ugly news anchors they are all pretty and have big tits, except for CNN they usually have this old hag can't remember her name

wingnut
3NE 2NR for life

Postby wingnut » June 25th, 2020, 11:58 pm

alfa wrote:

With referenced to you first two points I believe any one who carefully analyses the situation would realize it has to do with grades and not race. In the US they give preference to minority races for application to certain colleges over grades which is itself racist and I hope to God it never happens here. As to utt it was created for those who couldn't get into uwi because of grades again and not race. Is simple, you want your kids to go to prestige schools tell them to work harder. And these schools are part privately funded as well. As to the discrepencies in funding to black schools and health centres as you it, well we have a black majority govt so what's their excuse?
Since we on race why don't you address the lack of indos in the armed forces. I'd like to hear your views on that
Further to points 1 and 2 when SEA, CSEC, CAPE results comes out, who do you see dominating the top spots in these exams. So who do you expect to excel and get accepted to these prestige schools and universities. D gunman in yuh hole?

Also what about the govt run institutions, ministries, tstt, wasa etc disproportionately blacks why no mention of that, rampant nepotism in those places and those state companies always on the brink of collapse

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Riots in the USA

Postby MaxPower » June 26th, 2020, 12:22 am

Hello FordeG,

Whats going on old timer?

Honestly and respectfully speaking, your sad stories are quite pathetic. Do not blame the rest of society for the way you and other black people are treated, you must blame yourselves.

But i realize your problem. When you were reminded of being the “lowest rung”, your confidence and will power got shut down. It was then and there that you gave up and lived a life feeling oppressed and as such treated that way.

This is where you now feel that society owes you something for a past that is over and done. If you cannot change the past, dont dwell on it but change the future. You and you alone have the power to do so.

Ask your self these questions:

1. The blacks that you speak of with money. How did they acquire that wealth and status? Im pretty sure some of them felt the same way you did with all the whining and were STILL was able to get by in life. How come they were able to progress and others werent?

2. If black people are responsible for the highest amount of crime, can you blame others for their suspicion and discomfort? Before you cry racism, just remember that black people put this image on themselves and unfortunately, where as you might be a great guy, you are classed with them.

Fix yourselves before you look to fix society. Black people cannot expect to do what they want and VEX when they dont get the red carpet.

Rise up my black brothers and sisters....rise up.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 26th, 2020, 12:43 am

FordeG talking from his end again... every time he posts I understand why his wife left him.

1. Yuh forget Afro-trinis as a majority excelled at the prestige level until the 1960s, then the slow decline. What caused that? (ask Zoom) Indos who couldn't get thru in the christian run prestige school formed new prestige schools themselves. Yuh vex the indo community helped themselves while most in the afro community depended on the government for DECADES and actually expected help?

2. Related to point 1, in indo culture education is taken very seriously. Since that is the case, you surprised they dominate at all levels of education? Obviously you haven't heard the stories of UTT and how they had to lower the bar multiple times for students to pass.

3. If you're a gunta... what you doing in high end establishments? Stay in yuh lane. You sound as if afro-trinis does be absent or banned from high end establishments... LOL... It have nothing to do with race. If you don't have money to spend at these establishments, suck salt.

4. Ahh the soft weak indo vs the strong black man argument lol how pathetic.

5. Loan applications fail because many have their financial priorities wrong. There are many afro-trinis who get through with the banks but they don't talk about it because of the crabs-in-a-barrel syndrome from their own. I have seen afro-trinis in middle management of all banks including RBC and Scotia. You watching the bank name and as is Canadian origin, you assuming.

You have to answer De Dragon because we had black man government for how many decades? but you worried about indo-dominance?

What discrepancies in funding to GOVERNMENT RUN "black schools" and GOVERNMENT RUN health centers?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 26th, 2020, 7:57 am

MaxPower wrote:
adnj wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
Redman wrote:Here is the thing.

In those days everybody had a tribe.
That tribe expanded by war.
The losers were enslaved or killed in general.

Asia...japan China Korea all have slavery in their past.
Africa...West and East ..South as .well ask Shaka about his methods.
LATAM...Aztecs and Mayas had their systems of slavery...The Incas AFAIK didn’t..they were socialist.
North American Indians also used to slavery for economic purposes.

In all these cases slavery pre existed the white folk arrival.
All these civilizations were well structured and advanced in their own cultures, of which slavery was part.

What has BLM said about this?

What are their excuses and reasoning for their actions?

Listen, black people need to step up and get out of the bad image that THEY put themselves in. They are making it very unfair for other blacks who are being classed with their behavior.

So many other black people are doing better for themselves, the rest need to follow and stop the blasted complaining.

I haven't seen anything about slavery or Black boys being able to date Indian girls in Trinidad. You probably have it twisted.

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an organized movement advocating for non-violent civil disobedience in protest against incidents of police brutality against African-American people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Liv ... ter%20(BLM)%20is,brutality%20against%20African%2DAmerican%20people.

Ripped from their website:
"#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives."

https://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

Who is talking about Trinidad here bro? I think you have it twisted.

Nice history on BLM, where is the part where they condone looting, destruction, violence and racism against white people?

I think you left that part out.

You are posting in a thread that you haven't read... sign held by a protester in front of the US Embassy in Trinidad.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2020, 8:22 am

Big up to FordeG as the only tuner to express the black man plight in TT.

Every body else come down on de man .

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 26th, 2020, 12:20 pm

De Dragon wrote:

FordeG yuh talking sheit. Almost all of our 58 years of self determination were of black majority GORTT's, so are you claiming black on black racism :? When you endure apartheid/1960's US/Gaza type discrimination, then you would realize what true, brutal racism is. Your problem, like many Trinis, is your arse is too happy.

Well said.

Im willing to bet that poor educational results in TnT, ignoring the failures of the system, are causal with social issues and not skin color.

But that isnt a convenient reality for those with their agenda

ETA.
Im willing to agree with the position that the slave trade is responsible for major issues on the African continent-being the source.

Im less inclined-even doubtful that the descendants of the slaves that made it to the destination countries are able to claim the same.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » June 26th, 2020, 3:03 pm

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Well said.

Im willing to bet that poor educational results in TnT, ignoring the failures of the system, are causal with social issues and not skin color.

But that isnt a convenient reality for those with their agenda

ETA.
Im willing to agree with the position that the slave trade is responsible for major issues on the African continent-being the source.

Im less inclined-even doubtful that the descendants of the slaves that made it to the destination countries are able to claim the same.

And how exactly does this have a direct effect on your daily life today?? people only bumping their gum about this and that when it does not have any significance for them.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 26th, 2020, 3:19 pm

zoom rader wrote:Big up to FordeG as the only tuner to express the black man plight in TT.

Every body else come down on de man .

Black man plight in T&T is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. The PNM that has been in power for 90% of the history of this republic has always given black people first preference over everybody else.

Manning went out of his way to create UTT with lower entry standards "yes you can enter into UTT to do Engineering with a fail A levels grade" You can't do that in UWI as Engineering requires a minimum of a B grade

And then people wonder why UWI Engineering Degrees are triple accredited internationally and carries the same weight as Degrees from Ivy League Schools. While UTT constantly struggles to even renew their single accreditation

BTW it's funny how half of UTT students turn out to be Indians. So what is the excuse here? UTT racist now? the same UTT created by Manning? shouldn't it be obvious that Indian/Asian culture is all about Education? like your child becoming a big time doctor or engineer or lawyer is literally the only way to not look like a bum in the eyes of your parents in these culture.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » June 26th, 2020, 3:24 pm

All of you who are standing up to defend your fellow blacks, i commend you, many of you think you are discriminated against, how many of you have ever experienced whats it like to grow up in a country where you are a minority and the entire populations seems to think its ok to mock you or call you by sounds that have been associated with your ethnic culture?

Many of you think making fun of people in the minority is ok, or acceptable, maybe you dont even realise you are being racial... but yes it happens every day.. its been happening everday and people still think its ok to do it...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2020, 3:35 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:All of you who are standing up to defend your fellow blacks, i commend you, many of you think you are discriminated against, how many of you have ever experienced whats it like to grow up in a country where you are a minority and the entire populations seems to think its ok to mock you or call you by sounds that have been associated with your ethnic culture?

Many of you think making fun of people in the minority is ok, or acceptable, maybe you dont even realise you are being racial... but yes it happens every day.. its been happening everday and people still think its ok to do it...
That's why I never migrated.

Make trinidad great agian

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 26th, 2020, 3:46 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:All of you who are standing up to defend your fellow blacks, i commend you, many of you think you are discriminated against, how many of you have ever experienced whats it like to grow up in a country where you are a minority and the entire populations seems to think its ok to mock you or call you by sounds that have been associated with your ethnic culture?

You have migrated. By your own admissions you lived in the UK and Caymans
You have never immigrated

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 26th, 2020, 4:00 pm

FordeG talking the truth. FordeG , is time to take a stand against this evil ,wicked guvament that suppressing black people . Vote UNC .

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 26th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Hoss I worked among black people all my life, went to school with them since the 90's

I never ever once in my life heard a single one of them complain about discrimination in this country with the exception of hospital that is the ONLY time I hear black people actually complain about discrimination. Did you know that it was near impossible for Indian people to get into place like John Donaldson Technical Institute? my brother passed all his science subjects with flying colors and when he and his friends from SACC all applied to JohnD all of his black friends got entry and he did NOT, even tho he had higher scores. It was a CLEAR case of racial discrimination against Indian but my brother never once made it an issue he went elsewhere and still finished his EEET and made a career.

PNM has ALWAYS put black people first, anybody who says otherwise is a LIAR me eh care what race you is. What I suspect you are rally talking about is all the obese guntress working fast food.

In that case you can't call that discrimination, slender well mannered, classy, pretty looking women will ALWAYS get first preference even if they are black. Companies have an issue hiring obese people because they often damage the chair which results in more expense for the companies, should we then blame this on race? or our refusal to get daily exercise and stop eating all that nonsense we eat? What about the fact that African people have a higher chance of suffering from hypertension and heart disease, but still continue to ignore healthy eating and exercise? same with Indian and diabetes? then we go and blame the hospitals for long wait list?

Maybe just maybe if we weren't such a blasted unhealthy, obese, fast food eating country we wouldn't have to wait forever on waiting list in the hospitals with our horrible lifestyle diseases which we bring upon ourselves.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm

Men are also to blame, because they glorify mampie as "thick" there is no such thing as "thick" its called Overweight or Obesity, not big bone, not genetics not thick. They encourage women to become Obese in our society and glorify it, we are a sick country with sick mentality.

It's not race, its pure stupidity and ignorance of science and technology.

Half this country still believes the earth is flat.

PS: The Shaggy Song "Mampie" was not to glorify Mampie but usual Trinis continued to ignore what Shaggy sang the actual lyrics read "Jump and spread out, you're no mampie "

Shaggy was trying his best to stop the mampie culture but we heard what we wanted to hear which was the opposite of what he was singing. And if you speak out about this nasty culture, you are immediately called a racist for fat shaming people.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 26th, 2020, 4:22 pm

Excuses.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2020, 5:37 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

You have migrated. By your own admissions you lived in the UK and Caymans
You have never immigrated
Eh No.

I worked in the UK & Africa in the offshore oil industry. I never lived there , I flew up on every trip .

I would work 3 weeks at a time on a rig and then I would fly back to trini on my home cycle for a 3 weeks. In Africa I did 28 Days on and off. That the contract I had with the company I worked for.

I worked in Cayman for a year on a work permit which does not entitled me to be a permanent resident or having Caymanian Status.

If I had to migrate it would be Cayman, but it's takes 15 years to be a citizen in Cayman and its one of the hardest places to migrate to .

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”