Forums

WTK: Let's Talk (Phone Store)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

WTK: Let's Talk (Phone Store)

Postby kerwinishere » June 4th, 2020, 5:04 pm

I have purchased from both their Gulf City and (at the time) Price Plaza branches between the years 2013-15 but resorted to other means after. I'm in the market for a Samsung Galaxy Note10+ and they seem to be the only local supplier able to provide with only one caveat (looking for the Snapdragon, 256GB, Aura Black variant in case any of you know someone who has in stock).
They don't have in stock and have since from what I heard moved to being an online retailer based in Miami with 3 local outlets (Gulf City, Munroe Road and Trincity Mall) http://www.letstalkdealsusa.com .

Does anyone have experience ordering with them?
Last edited by kerwinishere on June 4th, 2020, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Re: WTK: Let's Talk (Phone Store)

Postby viedcht » June 4th, 2020, 6:10 pm

Got a few handsets from them, never had any issues so far. might take some weeks to get here tho. Why not try ordering online (amazon/Samsung store)

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 4th, 2020, 6:59 pm

viedcht wrote:Got a few handsets from them, never had any issues so far. might take some weeks to get here tho. Why not try ordering online (amazon/Samsung store)

I forgot the reason why I'm most skeptical. In general the phone sells for around USD$1000 but they sell it for $850 (fully landed cost). Was just wondering if it was too good to be true.
Annotation 2020-06-04 185912.png

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » June 4th, 2020, 7:28 pm

Ordered several phones through them, except for the wait time, never had an issue.
Once the model phone I ordered wasn't available and they called and upgraded to another handset for the same price.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 4th, 2020, 7:54 pm

kerwinishere wrote:
viedcht wrote:Got a few handsets from them, never had any issues so far. might take some weeks to get here tho. Why not try ordering online (amazon/Samsung store)

I forgot the reason why I'm most skeptical. In general the phone sells for around USD$1000 but they sell it for $850 (fully landed cost). Was just wondering if it was too good to be true.
Annotation 2020-06-04 185912.png

On amazon eletronics can come refurbished or second hand... these versions of the product are cheaper sometimes by couple 100s... maybe thats what they selling people

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 4th, 2020, 8:14 pm

kerwinishere wrote:

So far all my purchases seems new; packaging, headsets, block and cables charge to spec ( fast charging) so maybe it's legit... Never had issues if it were refurbished.

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » June 4th, 2020, 8:22 pm

AP$$ on fb should have what you looking for

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » June 5th, 2020, 12:35 am

I bought my Note10+ at the Samsung store and the price was on par and better than other retailers locally.They had all the colours and I also got a free AKG headphones with purchase.You can always check Titan Procurement and Rocboys as well.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 5th, 2020, 5:32 am

rollingstock wrote:Ordered several phones through them, except for the wait time, never had an issue.
Once the model phone I ordered wasn't available and they called and upgraded to another handset for the same price.
viedcht wrote:
kerwinishere wrote:

So far all my purchases seems new; packaging, headsets, block and cables charge to spec ( fast charging) so maybe it's legit... Never had issues if it were refurbished.
Thank you both
ru$$ell wrote:AP$$ on fb should have what you looking for
Will check them out.
supercharged turbo wrote:I bought my Note10+ at the Samsung store and the price was on par and better than other retailers locally.They had all the colours and I also got a free AKG headphones with purchase.You can always check Titan Procurement and Rocboys as well.
Titan, Roc Boyz and R&J out of stock

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 5th, 2020, 7:59 am

^^Out of all, I'd expect shady handsets from RJ

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 5th, 2020, 8:38 am

viedcht wrote:^^Out of all, I'd expect shady handsets from RJ
Why?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 5th, 2020, 9:17 am

I bought all my phones from Let's Talk and they are very good at what they do, sell brand new items cheaper than anybody else.

Problem is my S7 Edge came with Verizon Bloatware, but after using a Note 10+ Recently in courts and seeing how that filthy trash does LAG just like every Samsung phone.

I won't be making that mistake again, I will be buying a phone without all the nasty bloat, next time is a Iphone SE 2 or a One Plus 7, PHONE without the nasty annoying bloatware

I am still shocked to see how that nasty Note 10+ does lag when it wakes up, I probably shouldn't be shocked all these nasty Android phones does do that. You never ever see Iphone or One Plus or Google Pixel phones lag so stink and nasty

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » June 5th, 2020, 9:28 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I bought all my phones from Let's Talk and they are very good at what they do, sell brand new items cheaper than anybody else.

Problem is my S7 Edge came with Verizon Bloatware, but after using a Note 10+ Recently in courts and seeing how that filthy trash does LAG just like every Samsung phone.

I won't be making that mistake again, I will be buying a phone without all the nasty bloat, next time is a Iphone SE 2 or a One Plus 7, PHONE without the nasty annoying bloatware

I am still shocked to see how that nasty Note 10+ does lag when it wakes up, I probably shouldn't be shocked all these nasty Android phones does do that. You never ever see Iphone or One Plus or Google Pixel phones lag so stink and nasty

I tort the One Plus and Pixel were android?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 5th, 2020, 9:40 am

SMc wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I bought all my phones from Let's Talk and they are very good at what they do, sell brand new items cheaper than anybody else.

American carriers install software that cannot be removed without rooting in excess of the stock android.
Oneplus and Pixel would be pure Android or close to pure.

I bought an ATT LG V20 a few years ago and there were around 9 apps I could not remove. Some were on the bigger side but in the absence of being able to delete I disabled and put in background.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » June 5th, 2020, 9:59 am

Don't waste your money. A guy I know bought his girl a phone for Christmas. Stopped turning on boxing day so he carry it back they kept it two weeks and then told him that it had water damage so its not their problem. Gave him back his device with a broken screen and back. When he queried why his brand new phone which didn't have a scratch when it came in in which a condition they claimed that the glass has to be broken In order to diagnose. He called consumer affairs and made a report to the police station nothing to show for it since. $5000 down the drain. The justification given for saying it had water damage btw was a battery sticker being pink. But who can say if that didn't happen when their "crack" technician wasn't f*ing up the screen because he didn't properly melt the adhesive or from having it exposed for two weeks to our humidity...

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 5th, 2020, 10:29 am

You have shares in Apple or?

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 5th, 2020, 10:30 am

nemisis wrote:Don't waste your money. A guy I know bought his girl a phone for Christmas. Stopped turning on boxing day so he carry it back they kept it two weeks and then told him that it had water damage so its not their problem. Gave him back his device with a broken screen and back. When he queried why his brand new phone which didn't have a scratch when it came in in which a condition they claimed that the glass has to be broken In order to diagnose. He called consumer affairs and made a report to the police station nothing to show for it since. $5000 down the drain. The justification given for saying it had water damage btw was a battery sticker being pink. But who can say if that didn't happen when their "crack" technician wasn't f*ing up the screen because he didn't properly melt the adhesive or from having it exposed for two weeks to our humidity...

Ooof that's a real shame

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » June 5th, 2020, 10:39 am

A certain phone store in gulf city on the upper floor sells refurbs as new, had the unfortunate experience while on vacation the screen went and took it to an authorized dealor to repair, lo and behold he showed me the original factory glue was removed which indication that the screen was changed before. Mind you this came 'factory sealed'

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » June 5th, 2020, 11:02 am

lalloboy101 wrote:A certain phone store in gulf city on the upper floor sells refurbs as new, had the unfortunate experience while on vacation the screen went and took it to an authorized dealor to repair, lo and behold he showed me the original factory glue was removed which indication that the screen was changed before. Mind you this came 'factory sealed'

its still have people doing that stupidness ... wow. Please report the company/store/person to the consumer affairs and police.

thats the only way to build a case against them.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 5th, 2020, 11:33 am

Bro got a 'brand new' iPhone 7 or 7 plus, whatever and about 9 mths into it he needed to get something checked, apparently something to do with phone blanking off randomly (and he used to be knocking it on his palm to get it working... probably loose screen connection). They said it was out of warranty if he will pay to fix, (Robbie was only giving 6mths on apple phones the technician claimed), so bro gave me to get it fixed in Boston. Tech there opened it and said it showed previous repairs with the charge port(and no rubber sealing for waterproofing just some glue), battery was an original replacement. He said if he "didn't know better he'd say it's refurbished".
K74T wrote:
viedcht wrote:^^Out of all, I'd expect shady handsets from RJ
Why?

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 5th, 2020, 11:37 am

Is Robbie ent?
lalloboy101 wrote:A certain phone store in gulf city on the upper floor sells refurbs as new, had the unfortunate experience while on vacation the screen went and took it to an authorized dealor to repair, lo and behold he showed me the original factory glue was removed which indication that the screen was changed before. Mind you this came 'factory sealed'

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 5th, 2020, 11:52 am

Didn't the Gulf City cell phone place have their own thread in here at some point in the past??

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » June 5th, 2020, 12:16 pm

I haven`t bought a phone locally over 8 yrs. My last experience with a local dealer was when i purchased a black berry (as a gift) for someone. Phone was working good. At the time the person wanted data and blackberry plans were the most affordable at that time. Suddenly phone data stopped working a month later. We visited the ISP and they said the phone was reported stolen on BB network so it was disabled.

So i returned phone to dealer with receipts...i was expecting drama , probably hadda cuss somebody and make a scene but surprisingly they took the phone and gave us all our money back, no questions asked. I can only assume they were aware these phone were either stolen or rebuilt from parts or non factory refurbished.

After that I buy my phone new and unlocked from online stores. No issues. I purchased six phones online so far (three were gifted away and the other three i kept). All still working to this day. Only had to change the battery on one phone so far. I only upgraded phones for better camera, ram or better specs etc.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » June 5th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
SMc wrote:

American carriers install software that cannot be removed without rooting in excess of the stock android.
Oneplus and Pixel would be pure Android or close to pure.

I bought an ATT LG V20 a few years ago and there were around 9 apps I could not remove. Some were on the bigger side but in the absence of being able to delete I disabled and put in background.

I was just curios on what OS these phones are running on if they not Android-surly not iOS

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 5th, 2020, 6:25 pm

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 6th, 2020, 11:06 pm

nemisis wrote:Don't waste your money. A guy I know bought his girl a phone for Christmas. Stopped turning on boxing day so he carry it back they kept it two weeks and then told him that it had water damage so its not their problem. Gave him back his device with a broken screen and back. When he queried why his brand new phone which didn't have a scratch when it came in in which a condition they claimed that the glass has to be broken In order to diagnose. He called consumer affairs and made a report to the police station nothing to show for it since. $5000 down the drain. The justification given for saying it had water damage btw was a battery sticker being pink. But who can say if that didn't happen when their "crack" technician wasn't f*ing up the screen because he didn't properly melt the adhesive or from having it exposed for two weeks to our humidity...

Tech open his own place in Princess Town now (after ripping off said store of lots and lots of $$$$).

I see real people rating it up so i'd be very careful.

Haven't got a death threat in a few months so it long overdue.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 7th, 2020, 1:51 am

SMc wrote:

Yeah but it isn't the nasty bloated laggy android found in Samsung and every other Android device.

I never owned an iphone but judging from the ones I used that other people had it never lagged one bit.

This S7 Edge I bought from lets talk with the Verizon Bloat, it can take 3 seconds of sticking and lag after you use finger print scan to open it. I used a Note 10+ in courts last week, if you see how nasty and laggy it also is from wake up.

With exception of One plus and Pixel, Android has 0 standard.

Still want to get a Iphone SE2

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » June 7th, 2020, 3:09 am

Bought from them already. No issues with phone this far. Will buy from them again

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » June 7th, 2020, 6:14 am

I see they have the p40 pro at a good price... So in waiting to see what price the p40 pro plus will be

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » June 7th, 2020, 10:10 am

nervewrecker wrote:

Tech open his own place in Princess Town now (after ripping off said store of lots and lots of $$$$).

I see real people rating it up so i'd be very careful.

Haven't got a death threat in a few months so it long overdue.

PM me pls. Been checking out some deals at a PTown store a while now. Wondering if is the same place.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”