Forums

Squatter advice

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nemisis
punchin NOS

Squatter advice

Postby nemisis » June 15th, 2020, 6:16 am

Behind my fence has an area of 55*55ft on an incline. I noticed some cracks appearing around and my rear fence leaning a bit. Since I am going to fo some construction I I was planning on using some the debris from demolition of two structures to act as backfill behind the fence to try and stabilise that side.

Now recently an individual has been coming and gardening the area behind my fence and recently within the last month started planing boundary plants. My query, is there any considerations that must be made before I backfill this area. The land behind my yard would be Gov land. Now I notified said individual that I plan on doing some work and that it would be on his interest to move but he is doubling down with no intention to do so.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Squatter advice

Postby Ted_v2 » June 15th, 2020, 7:01 am

touchy subject.

if was up to me, i woulda say go ahead and handle up because its ur property at risk to a sense. You not depreciating the land or anything, but him on the other hand, he was there first but owning noting even close to it..

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 15th, 2020, 7:46 am

You need to be sure that it is government land. Next thing the squatter got a lease legally from whichever the state company the land falls under ( I doubt it but you still nee to be sure). You can run a search at legal affairs and find out the status of it. If it is in fact government land, check said state company to find out the status of it, e.g if any leases were given. If not, you can inform them on what is happening and even offer to pay a lease for it so you have access to it all you want :)

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 15th, 2020, 8:07 am

He can only ask for damages to the new plants. If you don't need him as a friend, your risks seem limited.

If the debris is dropped on the neighboring property, you can be charged with illegal dumping.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 15th, 2020, 8:16 am

He has a latrine?

I know someone who burned down a squatter latrine and would do it again for the right price

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 15th, 2020, 12:38 pm

^^

Machete time ..

You really think he moving ?

Tuner have plenty bad man from Golden Grove Hyatt ..

Small money $$$ ..

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 15th, 2020, 1:58 pm

nemisis wrote:Behind my fence has an area of 55*55ft on an incline. I noticed some cracks appearing around and my rear fence leaning a bit. Since I am going to fo some construction I I was planning on using some the debris from demolition of two structures to act as backfill behind the fence to try and stabilise that side.

Now recently an individual has been coming and gardening the area behind my fence and recently within the last month started planing boundary plants. My query, is there any considerations that must be made before I backfill this area. The land behind my yard would be Gov land. Now I notified said individual that I plan on doing some work and that it would be on his interest to move but he is doubling down with no intention to do so.

Is the land sloping away from your property? If the land is experiencing creep, adding extra weight at the top of the slope may not be in your best interest.

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » June 15th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Nemisis,
Based on what you said, both of you would be in the wrong for occupying state lands without a claim, he is already in breech having already occupied. You can call and report him! You can then also ask Min of works or the Reg Corp about the risk to your property and that you willing to spend your money to protect it; they can in fact consent by way of a licence or a short term agreement. Now what I just outline, even if it happens that way will take months to years...all this time the man might put up a house etc.

If you want, you can pm the location, I can run a status search for you.

But, I think it is best you report him to either the Comm of State Lands or the Land Settlement Agency (the more proactive at doing their job).

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 15th, 2020, 9:59 pm

Nexus wrote:Nemisis,
Based on what you said, both of you would be in the wrong for occupying state lands without a claim, he is already in breech having already occupied. You can call and report him! You can then also ask Min of works or the Reg Corp about the risk to your property and that you willing to spend your money to protect it; they can in fact consent by way of a licence or a short term agreement. Now what I just outline, even if it happens that way will take months to years...all this time the man might put up a house etc.

But, I think it is best you report him to either the Comm of State Lands or the Land Settlement Agency (the more proactive at doing their job).

Can you do a status search online ?

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » June 16th, 2020, 6:13 am

I pmed you

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » June 16th, 2020, 8:13 am

RedVEVO wrote:
Nexus wrote:Nemisis,

Can you do a status search online ?

Yes you can, through the lands and surveys parcel database which is partially online. You need a special login though
ftpindex.jpg

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 16th, 2020, 11:17 am

Bun some rubbish... Let fire spread

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » June 17th, 2020, 6:34 am

There is merit in not using a hammer when one isn't necessary at the moment. Remember I Live there and paid for my assets at said location so I have more to loose.

What's to stop said individual from cutting another hole in the perimeter fence and throwing some gramaxone in the water tanks?

Pass and slash the car tires late at night maybe, throw a molotov cocktail over the wall.

It have sick people out here who feel they entitled you know!

gastly369 wrote:Bun some rubbish... Let fire spread

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » June 17th, 2020, 7:40 am

When it comes to matters of land and property the only thing you can use is a hammer.....a sledgehammer. The sooner the better.
Ask yourself when last you heard any matter involving property in Trinidad being solved through mediation or casual conversation.
Your lack of action and indecisiveness is playing right into his wrong and strong and entitled attitude.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”