RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Businesses that closed down in Trinidad & Tobago due to Covid-19 lockdown

Postby RedVEVO » October 27th, 2020, 7:40 pm

MaxPower wrote:I love the 1%

Tuner Boss :D !!

Remember they were immigrants :D

They came and conquered :D

And a lot of Chinese businesses have survived i.e. supermarkets , restaurants etc.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 27th, 2020, 7:57 pm

hope is not a repost

man has aboud in his name but maybe he not part of d 1% ...

PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING
WE ARE ALL SUFFERING
This is Managing Director at Pharmaco Industries Ltd Stephen Aboud who on Monday shared his thoughts on Government's handling of the Covid-19 pandemic and what was in store for the economy and the people of Trinidad and Tobago in the coming months and years. Express photojournalist Jermaine Cruickshank spoke with Aboud outside Movietowne, Invader's Bay.

Hwells
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Hwells » October 27th, 2020, 8:00 pm

elec2020 wrote:
screwbash wrote:is flavourite no more ? will there never be a next dark and gold made? or is it a product we will get in short supply ?i only seeing a next brand in the supermarkets a while now.

Flavorite got delisted from the stock exchange a few years ago. I can't remember why. But I think it was due to allegations of gross impropriety. So if it is true that they got delisted due to poor management it wouldn't b so far fetched that if this issue was not addressed that the company would eventually go belly up. If that is really the case idk.

creamery ice-cream locally made as well and pretty good in terms of taste for price context.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 27th, 2020, 8:06 pm

screwbash wrote:is flavourite no more ? will there never be a next dark and gold made? or is it a product we will get in short supply ?i only seeing a next brand in the supermarkets a while now.
The next brand much better though

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 27th, 2020, 8:16 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
MaxPower wrote:I love the 1%

Tuner Boss :D !!

Remember they were immigrants :D

They came and conquered :D

And a lot of Chinese businesses have survived i.e. supermarkets , restaurants etc.

Boom!

Don noe bro

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 27th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Rovin wrote:hope is not a repost

PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING
WE ARE ALL SUFFERING
This is Managing Director at Pharmaco Industries Ltd Stephen Aboud who on Monday shared his thoughts on Government's handling of the Covid-19 pandemic and what was in store for the economy and the people of Trinidad and Tobago in the coming months and years. Express photojournalist Jermaine Cruickshank spoke with Aboud outside Movietowne, Invader's Bay.

Mr. Aboud being very selective here and trying to twist the facts to suit his agenda. In general. yes alot of people relying on services to satisfy their needs and wants (for compensation, to eat, to entertain themselves, etc.). However TnT is and will remain an oil and gas economy as that is the biggest earner of foreign exchange. In other words, all these service providers would not be able to provide their services without using the foreign exchange from the oil and gas sector to purchase whatever inputs that go into their product(s). They are net consumers of US and as such do not contribute to the countries reserves (which are the lifeblood of any economy). So they are not really as essential as he tries to make them out here. I also think Mr. Aboud is being selfish, yh we know TnT has to reopen but (and forgive me if i am wrong) we are still not close to testing even a fraction of the populace. So u want things to go back to normal when we don't know the extent of the infection. That is crazy and will blow up in your face eventually. Unfortunately the government has learned from the US and kept their testing to a minimum (as Trump has argued that the rate of infection is high because they do ALOT of testing). While Trump's argument is stupid it showed to some governments that aye the more covid infections that the public knows the harsher treatment i will face and as such let me keep my tests down. I think there was a study that showed that countries with the higher corruption marks had the lowest infection rates (what a coincidence). Anyway Mr. Aboud just studying he money. And imo you can't put a price on life as if this illness really take a hold of we it could decimate our labour force, leaving us worse of than before (as to ensure a speedy and successful economic recovery you need all hands on deck).

P.S. What the hell he talking about with premium economy and economy shops? I never meet up on those terms during my Bsc nor my Msc and i did both macro and micro economics in those degrees. Mr. Aboud you are a great businessman but your area is not economics. Don't try to act like it is.
Last edited by elec2020 on October 27th, 2020, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 27th, 2020, 8:20 pm

PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING
WE ARE ALL SUFFERING

Lol

He is really referring to the 99% that is suffering.

The 1% will benefit the most in the pandemic.

You really want them to say business is slow but they have enough money to start over and still live comfortably?

There must be a sad story to make people think they are suffering as well.

Nevertheless, i love them.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 27th, 2020, 8:24 pm

he is the brother of gary aboud and the doma chap, also the judge james aboud.

he doesn’t pull with them or the rest of 1% so much though and does his own thing.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 27th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Hwells wrote:
elec2020 wrote:

Flavorite got delisted from the stock exchange a few years ago. I can't remember why. But I think it was due to allegations of gross impropriety. So if it is true that they got delisted due to poor management it wouldn't b so far fetched that if this issue was not addressed that the company would eventually go belly up. If that is really the case idk.

creamery ice-cream locally made as well and pretty good in terms of taste for price context.

thanks for that info. I am staying away from all sweets and flour though atm. Need to be fit so that when the COVID eventually hit me I can hopefully make a full recovery.

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » October 27th, 2020, 9:13 pm

elec2020 wrote:

PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING
WE ARE ALL SUFFERING

Mr. Aboud being very selective here and trying to twist the facts to suit his agenda. In general. yes alot of people relying on services to satisfy their needs and wants (for compensation, to eat, to entertain themselves, etc.). However TnT is and will remain an oil and gas economy as that is the biggest earner of foreign exchange. In other words, all these service providers would not be able to provide their services without using the foreign exchange from the oil and gas sector to purchase whatever inputs that go into their product(s). They are net consumers of US and as such do not contribute to the countries reserves (which are the lifeblood of any economy). So they are not really as essential as he tries to make them out here. I also think Mr. Aboud is being selfish, yh we know TnT has to reopen but (and forgive me if i am wrong) we are still not close to testing even a fraction of the populace. So u want things to go back to normal when we don't know the extent of the infection. That is crazy and will blow up in your face eventually. Unfortunately the government has learned from the US and kept their testing to a minimum (as Trump has argued that the rate of infection is high because they do ALOT of testing). While Trump's argument is stupid it showed to some governments that aye the more covid infections that the public knows the harsher treatment i will face and as such let me keep my tests down. I think there was a study that showed that countries with the higher corruption marks had the lowest infection rates (what a coincidence). Anyway Mr. Aboud just studying he money. And imo you can't put a price on life as if this illness really take a hold of we it could decimate our labour force, leaving us worse of than before (as to ensure a speedy and successful economic recovery you need all hands on deck).

P.S. What the hell he talking about with premium economy and economy shops? I never meet up on those terms during my Bsc nor my Msc and i did both macro and micro economics in those degrees. Mr. Aboud you are a great businessman but your area is not economics. Don't try to act like it is.

TL;DR
Nobody ask you what degree you do

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 27th, 2020, 9:40 pm

^ from all i highlighted thats the main takeaways for you? if you don't have a valid contribution to the discussion please stay silent. In other words, it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » October 27th, 2020, 10:05 pm

^^ you should take your own advice political blogger

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 27th, 2020, 10:17 pm

^ again what is your point? you looking for friends? can't help you there pal

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 28th, 2020, 12:11 am

Hwells wrote:
elec2020 wrote:

Ice Cream is HUGE business - Extremely profitable :!: :!:

The HADCO creamery ice cream is same price in some places as the Häagen-Dazs® Ice Cream, Bars and Sorbet.

And HADCO distributes BOTH. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Häagen-Dazs® Ice Cream is the best .

But Wille's Ice Cream was BESS.

Hwells
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Hwells » October 28th, 2020, 12:25 am

nah man, at least where i go in the grocery, creamery is 25$ while hagen daz was 55$ for a similar size. after that i say nope, gonna be supporting local. yes i know they distribute both, but they are marketed for different price points.

But wille's was the good childhood days

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 28th, 2020, 3:43 am

" .. Cinema chains MovieTowne and Caribbean Cinemas Ltd have decided to keep their screens dark following Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley’s announcement last Saturday that movie houses .. "

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 507d3.html

It's a revolt :D

Again :roll:

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » October 28th, 2020, 6:48 am

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:^^ you should take your own advice political blogger

for real, he ah dunce bat claimin degree an sheit, yet he fully dunce up enuff to speak out against anything that puts the PNM government in a bad light.
PNM doin chit donkey years now, use your *degrees* in economics to validate it, oh wait daiz ah fantasy, go back een political blogger see you in 4-5 years

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 28th, 2020, 7:15 am

daxt0r wrote:

for real, he ah dunce bat claimin degree an sheit, yet he fully dunce up enuff to speak out against anything that puts the PNM government in a bad light.
PNM doin chit donkey years now, use your *degrees* in economics to validate it, oh wait daiz ah fantasy, go back een political blogger see you in 4-5 years
So rather than read his comments and talk about that, both of you like many here rather determine the value of his comments based on perceived political allegiance? And you call him dunce?

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » October 28th, 2020, 7:43 am

elec2020 wrote:
Hwells wrote:
elec2020 wrote:

thanks for that info. I am staying away from all sweets and flour though atm. Need to be fit so that when the COVID eventually hit me I can hopefully make a full recovery.

nobody make a full recovery from covid. i know a couple of men that complain from breathing issues to hearth issues after and one co worker of a family died 2 weeks from other issues after getting covid and going tru the process. man was 51

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 28th, 2020, 7:53 am

nah some do
my doc and his family got it
he had zero symptoms

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 28th, 2020, 8:00 am

pugboy wrote:nah some do
my doc and his family got it
he had zero symptoms
What you don't understand is it is a new never before seen virus, no one knows whats going to happen to these ppl lets say five years down the road, they may be perfectly healthy now and drop like flies thereafter, it's novel so no one knows

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 28th, 2020, 8:42 am

Hwells wrote:nah man, at least where i go in the grocery, creamery is 25$ while hagen daz was 55$ for a similar size. after that i say nope, gonna be supporting local. yes i know they distribute both, but they are marketed for different price points.

But wille's was the good childhood days

Bai any ice cream except those home made stuff you eat it seems Hadco involved -
Hagen Daz, Nestle, Magnum, Ben and Jerry's, Breyers, Creamery

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » October 28th, 2020, 8:55 am

Up to yesterday morning, man getting on ignorant by the doubles vendor, Doubles man has a big sign, no mask no service, when pointed out that he needs to have ON a mask, the idiot started to cuss and complain bleh bleh , bleh and threatening to fork up somebody if he doh get he double and that he not putting on no forking mask for nobody!.. yes folks these type of a55holes still live among us.. he self should get covid and ded!!! stupid karnt!

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 28th, 2020, 9:00 am

Gopeesingh son orrr

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 28th, 2020, 10:24 am

daxt0r wrote:

I see

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 28th, 2020, 10:30 am

eliteauto wrote:
daxt0r wrote:

So rather than read his comments and talk about that, both of you like many here rather determine the value of his comments based on perceived political allegiance? And you call him dunce?

Thats exactly why TnT can't move forward. Instead of listening to or trying to understand what those who informed have to say on national developments they judge the veracity of there claims by perceived political allegiances. Leave them. Let Mr. Aboud and other non-specialists continue to make incorrect statements on the economy. Its clear that they prefer to let their biases guide which information sources they deem to be correct.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 28th, 2020, 10:33 am

screwbash wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
Hwells wrote:
elec2020 wrote:

nobody make a full recovery from covid. i know a couple of men that complain from breathing issues to hearth issues after and one co worker of a family died 2 weeks from other issues after getting covid and going tru the process. man was 51

I understand. I should have said instead that i am trying to stay fit so that when covid eventually hits me i don't have any health complications that could aggravate the illness and turn me into a statistic.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 28th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Creamery is favorite with a different name. Most products taste the same, vanilla has changed.

Dark and gold is now creamery yummy

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » October 28th, 2020, 3:41 pm

elec2020 wrote:
screwbash wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
Hwells wrote:
elec2020 wrote:

I understand. I should have said instead that i am trying to stay fit so that when covid eventually hits me i don't have any health complications that could aggravate the illness and turn me into a statistic.

i only going work, grocery, home. level mask and sanitizer. i have water in my trunk with liquid soap to wash hands. dey cud open best resturant, best cinema, best bar giving away free vene nanny and free white oak an i not going. i real low till that vaccine pass tru or the infections drop to zero.
my children aint leave the house since early march, i seeing people with they chirren in the grocery, kfc, walking going to the supermarket etc and i think what ass them is.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”