3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Ttec bill

Postby Dave » July 27th, 2020, 9:23 pm

Ditto, 3-400 more

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 27th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Yes I also got higher T&TEC bill but let's be real the only reason that happen is ever since Covid lock down all ah we home and relaxing on the the chair and sofa, running AC whole day and playing video game + contributing to obesity.

I see my nephew getting fat since he home from school, whole day he running AC and playing Fortnite

I feel this lock down going to cause an Obesity epidemic in Trinidad which will probably do more harm in the end that Covid itself. I notice I put on 10 pounds also, I does normally wacker or spray my coconut plantation with a mist blower but I switch to old school swiper now.

Next thing I become the thing I fear the most, a mampie.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 27th, 2020, 10:34 pm

my bill had the previous bill added to it, that i had paid.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 27th, 2020, 10:49 pm

Same here, both bills just came about the same time. Same with my tstt landline bills so i'm guessing for some, is arrears as bills for that previous cycle was on hold at TTPost or didn't print and distributed during the lockdown.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 27th, 2020, 11:00 pm

Wait till after elections then you will all see rates go up

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 27th, 2020, 11:03 pm

this cycle was 30% higher than the last
but then again we are home much more often

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 27th, 2020, 11:14 pm

zoom rader wrote:Wait till after elections then you will all see rates go up

Perhaps. TTO has one of the lowest electrical rates in the world at US$0.05/kWh. Most nearby countries have rates that are 3x to 7x higher.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: T&TEC bill

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 27th, 2020, 11:22 pm

Electric rates going up regardless of who win, but in any event I don't think because other countries pay 7 times the amount that we should also pay 7 times the amount. We are blessed with natural gas we are supposed to be paying one of the lowest rates.

Why should we pay the same as countries without any natural resources? that makes no sense at all. This talk about we needing to pay more for current is a PNM talking point by islanders who hate us.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 28th, 2020, 2:04 am

Because when people get something for next to nothing... they waste it.
If your bill was 3x more than what it is now, I'm sure you will be paying a lot more attention to your electricity usage habits and the efficiency rating on major appliances.

When diesel was cheaper than bottled water, I watch people not even bother to collect their change. The price is now more then 2x what it was and more people are making sure they get what they pay for.
Same situation for water, people who have a pipe borne supply getting it cheap for years, they have no idea how much desalinated water costs cause their bill doesn't really reflect the difference; so when they hear that it have a water shortage they jump up and say why don't we get more water from desalination.

It is only to the detriment of the people in the long run to have these subsidies as it encourages wasteful behavior.
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Electric rates going up regardless of who win, but in any event I don't think because other countries pay 7 times the amount that we should also pay 7 times the amount. We are blessed with natural gas we are supposed to be paying one of the lowest rates.

Why should we pay the same as countries without any natural resources? that makes no sense at all. This talk about we needing to pay more for current is a PNM talking point by islanders who hate us.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » July 28th, 2020, 8:48 am

I think its because of 2 reasons, onw with covid around we were home more and two, the heat we were experiencing the last cycle had the ac working more thus drawing more current.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 28th, 2020, 8:50 am

Dave wrote:Ditto, 3-400 more

:shock:
my entire bill is always between 160 and 180

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 28th, 2020, 9:27 am

MG Man wrote:

Typed whilst sitting under the magical glow of a kerosene lamp!!!

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 28th, 2020, 9:28 am

kamakazi wrote:Because when people get something for next to nothing... they waste it.
If your bill was 3x more than what it is now, I'm sure you will be paying a lot more attention to your electricity usage habits and the efficiency rating on major appliances.

When diesel was cheaper than bottled water, I watch people not even bother to collect their change. The price is now more then 2x what it was and more people are making sure they get what they pay for.
Same situation for water, people who have a pipe borne supply getting it cheap for years, they have no idea how much desalinated water costs cause their bill doesn't really reflect the difference; so when they hear that it have a water shortage they jump up and say why don't we get more water from desalination.

It is only to the detriment of the people in the long run to have these subsidies as it encourages wasteful behavior.
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Electric rates going up regardless of who win, but in any event I don't think because other countries pay 7 times the amount that we should also pay 7 times the amount. We are blessed with natural gas we are supposed to be paying one of the lowest rates.

A public education program on the costs involved and what would have to happen if the public doesn't do it's part to eliminate excessive wastage would help to reduce public wastage, thus allowing the subsidy to continue & be of benefit to entire citizenry in a more cost efficient manner.
I don't believe that the reason for a desire to increase rates for water & electricity is because a of wastage or the cost of the subsidy. I suspect it's because these utilities are not operating efficiently, hemorrhaging money and looking for ways to make up. A few reasons I suspect this, one being that the majority of T&TEC uncollected revenues from electricity consumption by way of unpaid bills are from state agencies. Removing the subsidy & making the public pay more ain't gonna free up money for the state to start paying it's bills. It'd just encourage the state to continue not paying it's bills, since John Public done taking up some of the slack.
Another reason being the history of wasteful expenditure & frivolous spending by public utility companies, such as the expensive chair costing several thousand dollars for a T&TEC official, ot ehat a former WASA CEO was leasing luxury vehicles (Mercedes, Audi, etc, at WASA's expense, even after being provided with a vehicle & driver. Wasteful & useless spending is the standard.
Yet another being that if the cost of subsidy was an issue, the easiest way to reduce that expense that would cost almost zero outlay would be to make it easier for people that want to do so to get off the grid & generate their own electricity. They could do this by either removing the taxes or duties on items used to generate & store energy, or by offering a small subsidy to encourage people to use solar power & get off the grid. But it eh have no money coming in for misappropriation or to use to pay back party financiers if they do either of those things, so that's a non-starter off the bat.

And as regards to wastage of resources in utilities, can't nobody beat back WASA. They will leave a leaking line for months to years if you let them, & then they will tell you to not waste water.
A line supplying one of my neighbors was leaking on the corner & running on the road in my area for over 9 months, I and others made countless calls to WASA, the affected neighbor even went a few times in person (at least so he said). Nothing done.
Want to hear the kicker? When they do finally come & fix it they telling him they could charge him for the wastage caused by the leak in their line that about 200' away from his property. :roll:

Could the public pay more for electicity? yeah.
Should the public pay more? IMHO, not really. This is not only considering that the public should benefit from our natural resources, but also because if there's a power surge that mashup all yuh appliances in yuh house, is level ketchass for you to get compensation from T&TEC. Can't want more money without more responsibility.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 28th, 2020, 9:44 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:

pitch-oil fridge is the wave of the future yo

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 28th, 2020, 9:54 am

88sins wrote:
kamakazi wrote:Because when people get something for next to nothing... they waste it.

A public education program on the costs involved and what would have to happen if the public doesn't do it's part to eliminate excessive wastage would help to reduce public wastage, thus allowing the subsidy to continue & be of benefit to entire citizenry in a more cost efficient manner.
I don't believe that the reason for a desire to increase rates for water & electricity is because a of wastage or the cost of the subsidy. I suspect it's because these utilities are not operating efficiently, hemorrhaging money and looking for ways to make up. A few reasons I suspect this, one being that the majority of T&TEC uncollected revenues from electricity consumption by way of unpaid bills are from state agencies. Removing the subsidy & making the public pay more ain't gonna free up money for the state to start paying it's bills. It'd just encourage the state to continue not paying it's bills, since John Public done taking up some of the slack.
Another reason being the history of wasteful expenditure & frivolous spending by public utility companies, such as the expensive chair costing several thousand dollars for a T&TEC official, ot ehat a former WASA CEO was leasing luxury vehicles (Mercedes, Audi, etc, at WASA's expense, even after being provided with a vehicle & driver. Wasteful & useless spending is the standard.
Yet another being that if the cost of subsidy was an issue, the easiest way to reduce that expense that would cost almost zero outlay would be to make it easier for people that want to do so to get off the grid & generate their own electricity. They could do this by either removing the taxes or duties on items used to generate & store energy, or by offering a small subsidy to encourage people to use solar power & get off the grid. But it eh have no money coming in for misappropriation or to use to pay back party financiers if they do either of those things, so that's a non-starter off the bat.

And as regards to wastage of resources in utilities, can't nobody beat back WASA. They will leave a leaking line for months to years if you let them, & then they will tell you to not waste water.
A line supplying one of my neighbors was leaking on the corner & running on the road in my area for over 9 months, I and others made countless calls to WASA, the affected neighbor even went a few times in person (at least so he said). Nothing done.
Want to hear the kicker? When they do finally come & fix it they telling him they could charge him for the wastage caused by the leak in their line that about 200' away from his property. :roll:

Could the public pay more for electicity? yeah.
Should the public pay more? IMHO, not really. This is not only considering that the public should benefit from our natural resources, but also because if there's a power surge that mashup all yuh appliances in yuh house, is level ketchass for you to get compensation from T&TEC. Can't want more money without more responsibility.
I don't understand where you were going with that last paragraph but...

You are probably right that trying to persuade the public to conserve would work better than just raising rates. Public awareness initiatives nearly always work better than increasing tariffs and fees.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 28th, 2020, 9:56 am

MG Man wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:

pitch-oil fridge is the wave of the future yo

Pfftt........Coleman and bag of ice!!

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » July 28th, 2020, 10:54 am

MG Man wrote:

Well when you is ah sufferer living in a wood shack

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 28th, 2020, 11:07 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:

hadda be

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » July 28th, 2020, 11:11 am

MG designed his house so that the air flow through it provides natural cooling ie no need for AC. Have to be innovative this rounds.
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:

hadda be

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 28th, 2020, 11:12 am

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:
MG Man wrote:

Well when you is ah sufferer living in a wood shack

awwwww hunny, you always know where to find me
Lots of fudge for you to pack in my fridge when you ready <3

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 28th, 2020, 11:18 am

racedriverpro wrote:MG designed his house so that the air flow through it provides natural cooling ie no need for AC. Have to be innovative this rounds.
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:

hadda be

yup, doors and windows always open, high ceilings
plus I seldom use my dryer (mainlyif it's raining, I hardly watch TV, no video gaming system
If I do run the ac, it's only in the bedroom, and set on a timer to cool the room. AC never on constantly
All energy efficient lightbulbs, lights off in any room that's not occupied etc

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 28th, 2020, 11:24 am

MG Man wrote:
racedriverpro wrote:MG designed his house so that the air flow through it provides natural cooling ie no need for AC. Have to be innovative this rounds.
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:

hadda be

yup, doors and windows always open, high ceilings
plus I seldom use my dryer (mainlyif it's raining, I hardly watch TV, no video gaming system
If I do run the ac, it's only in the bedroom, and set on a timer to cool the room. AC never on constantly
All energy efficient lightbulbs, lights off in any room that's not occupied etc

I have all warm light LED, inverter AC, tankless water heater but I do have a fairly old refrigerator and electric stove.

However, despite most of my ACs (4 in total, a 36K, 12k, 12k and 9k) being on almost 24/7 my monthly bill averages $350 a month sometimes less. I'm quite happy with this, the ACs have made the biggest difference, before using non inverter ACs and some regular bulbs my bill was always over $500.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 28th, 2020, 11:26 am

For the 4 periods billed in 2020 my average bill is exactly $650 per cycle
The main electrical items are 2 fridges (one 14cu/ft one 21cu ft - both inverter technology), one freezer (can't remember the size), two 12k BTU A/Cs and a washing machine that gets use every single day.

We don't have any dryer, water pump and only a shower head water heater.

Once Covid settles I wanna rewire the house though.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 28th, 2020, 11:45 am

Dizzy28 wrote:For the 4 periods billed in 2020 my average bill is exactly $650 per cycle
The main electrical items are 2 fridges (one 14cu/ft one 21cu ft - both inverter technology), one freezer (can't remember the size), two 12k BTU A/Cs and a washing machine that gets use every single day.

We don't have any dryer, water pump and only a shower head water heater.

Once Covid settles I wanna rewire the house though.

I have a pump that's always on
I have a tankless heater connected to two showers and two sinks, but I run my temperature just warm enough to take the bite off cold tank water

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » July 28th, 2020, 12:06 pm

More people are at home or working from home.

Having an AC or 2 run a few hours per day more than usual will add a big chunk onto the bill.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 28th, 2020, 3:09 pm

teems1 wrote:More people are at home or working from home.

Having an AC or 2 run a few hours per day more than usual will add a big chunk onto the bill.

why allyuh does post sense in a potentially entertaining thread?

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » July 28th, 2020, 3:21 pm

If only Ttec used to give people their meter reading for each bill ...

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 28th, 2020, 3:32 pm

TTEC, TSTT, DIGISMELL AND ESPECIALLY FLOW does design they bill to twist up the bulling sycle to bull the customer without lube. y it ever doh be from the 1st to the 3st ?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 28th, 2020, 3:47 pm

daring dragoon wrote:TTEC, TSTT, DIGISMELL AND ESPECIALLY FLOW does design they bill to twist up the bulling sycle to bull the customer without lube. y it ever doh be from the 1st to the 3st ?

I dunno bout you but Flow bills by calendar month. This standardization happened a long time ago. If you take something in the middle of the month like say HBO they pro rate it and similarly if you cut the package in the middle of the month they also pro rate and give you a credit in the following month.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”