Forums

Re: PNM in Gov't

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby zoom rader » March 11th, 2021, 1:38 pm

Habit7 wrote:It does not matter. There is no real principle behind opposing or agreeing with projects. Facts don't factor.

All projects PNM did were bad, all UNC projects did were good. Until they are corrected and they realise they had it mixed up and a UNC project is from PNM and a PNM decision was from UNC.

So Kay Donna acquisition was good under UNC, but when it is from a PNM campaign manager it is bad.
Selling GTL plant for US$35m was bad until it was sanctioned by UNC Larry Howai
Anti gang legislation was good under UNC which had nearly all their cases thrown out, but anti-gang legislation with the judge prescribed improvements are bad because...PNM
Closing the loss-making refinery and selling it to the private sector to redeem it is bad under PNM, but when the cost overrun GTL plant construction was stopped, proposed as scrap metal and sold to the private sector under the UNC is good.
Well tell us what is bad under the red government since everything under non red governments was always bad.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 11th, 2021, 2:00 pm

But Zoombindranath I though all that their performance irrelevant....yuh drunk from yuh celebrations?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 11th, 2021, 2:03 pm

money cow that IS necessary. prolly pnm needed to go after the money.... so said not so done.

allyuh saying the corruption is the cause for a bad idea. but frick, go after the money.

btw, i didnt vote unc in the 2015. they did good, but not enough to earn my vote.
pnm is just corruption by corruption... and now tax and ticket.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 11th, 2021, 2:04 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 wrote:It does not matter. There is no real principle behind opposing or agreeing with projects. Facts don't factor.

All projects PNM did were bad, all UNC projects did were good. Until they are corrected and they realise they had it mixed up and a UNC project is from PNM and a PNM decision was from UNC.

So Kay Donna acquisition was good under UNC, but when it is from a PNM campaign manager it is bad.
Selling GTL plant for US$35m was bad until it was sanctioned by UNC Larry Howai
Anti gang legislation was good under UNC which had nearly all their cases thrown out, but anti-gang legislation with the judge prescribed improvements are bad because...PNM
Closing the loss-making refinery and selling it to the private sector to redeem it is bad under PNM, but when the cost overrun GTL plant construction was stopped, proposed as scrap metal and sold to the private sector under the UNC is good.
Well tell us what is bad under the red government since everything under non red governments was always bad.

PNM, do bad? u want him to say what? u wnat his lips fall off!
the only ting them do bad was to not outlaw any other party, as far as he goes.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 11th, 2021, 2:12 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
sMASH wrote:high way to pt fortain is a major initiative. a way better initiative than a highway to no where. hundred+ schools started and near completion, a way better way to pull the red and ready hotspots out of crime than a pool. kamala laptop program.... apart from the concordat, is one of the best education initiatives in education to propel the youth into the present(cause we was trapped in the past before).

compared to PNM that only real money earner is ticket and tax. road like sheit, but is ticket for ur number plate. tax like woah, but stagnating the economy, eviscerating the job creating atmosphere... unless u call windscreen washing 'job creation'.

Just a FYI.

The highway to Point Fortin was initiated and designed under the PNM. Moonilal of the PP went and gathered up some south people and protested the construction of said highway during the design and public consultation stage under the PNM.

All of a sudden, when PP come into power, they no longer had an issue with the highway.

With respect to that Build 100 schools programme under the PP, you need to go check the quality control records and see whether what was built was done to the required specifications. I have checked the quality control records of some ECCECs, primary schools and secondary schools and I have seen some frightening things with respect to the quality control on those projects. I am glad the projects that I have looked at have not been open to the public and will do what I can to not have them open until the issues have been fixed.

i cant recall that it started earlier. but, its good that it started. i only remember that it was during pp time, and tanty telling kamala to run the highway between she leg... the highway reroute movement.

eccec schools, didnt come across the qc concerns, was never made a point to go against them. many of them near to completion. should have gone the route of the biche highschool, evaluated what needs to get which on track, and which is most necessary and pumped out at least a few.
frightening or not, this is the first that i am being made aware of it, a whole term and more after they left office.

again, if people wasting tax money, go after the wasters ! or is only kamala good enough to recoup govt money?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 11th, 2021, 2:18 pm

Redman wrote:But Zoombindranath I though all that their performance irrelevant....yuh drunk from yuh celebrations?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 11th, 2021, 2:20 pm

sMASH wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:
sMASH wrote:high way to pt fortain is a major initiative. a way better initiative than a highway to no where. hundred+ schools started and near completion, a way better way to pull the red and ready hotspots out of crime than a pool. kamala laptop program.... apart from the concordat, is one of the best education initiatives in education to propel the youth into the present(cause we was trapped in the past before).

compared to PNM that only real money earner is ticket and tax. road like sheit, but is ticket for ur number plate. tax like woah, but stagnating the economy, eviscerating the job creating atmosphere... unless u call windscreen washing 'job creation'.

Just a FYI.

The highway to Point Fortin was initiated and designed under the PNM. Moonilal of the PP went and gathered up some south people and protested the construction of said highway during the design and public consultation stage under the PNM.

All of a sudden, when PP come into power, they no longer had an issue with the highway.

With respect to that Build 100 schools programme under the PP, you need to go check the quality control records and see whether what was built was done to the required specifications. I have checked the quality control records of some ECCECs, primary schools and secondary schools and I have seen some frightening things with respect to the quality control on those projects. I am glad the projects that I have looked at have not been open to the public and will do what I can to not have them open until the issues have been fixed.

i cant recall that it started earlier. but, its good that it started. i only remember that it was during pp time, and tanty telling kamala to run the highway between she leg... the highway reroute movement.

eccec schools, didnt come across the qc concerns, was never made a point to go against them. many of them near to completion. should have gone the route of the biche highschool, evaluated what needs to get which on track, and which is most necessary and pumped out at least a few.
frightening or not, this is the first that i am being made aware of it, a whole term and more after they left office.

again, if people wasting tax money, go after the wasters ! or is only kamala good enough to recoup govt money?
Rory does only point things under PP

You never here him ill speak the red government

Rory is a suck balls red government agent.

He falls in line with p¤rnhabit 7 & Redman.

Dem never point out anything bad under the red government

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 11th, 2021, 3:55 pm

zoom rader wrote:Well tell us what is bad under the red government since everything under non red governments was always bad.
I told you before and I will say it again. The PNM was wrong to incur a bunch of debt by allowing World GTL to be a runaway horse, overstaffing Petrotrin and ignoring E&P.

But they are taking the steps to correct it and HPCL and Paria are successes from it. It is easy to criticise PNM now but do nothing when you had the chance.

What you and others lack is consistency because you are criticising PNM but excusing the UNC. PNM was apparently not responsible for any hway but since UNC start the Pt Fortin Hway they should be credited? The British left us with 9 secondary schools at Independence, mysteriously over a hundred schools appear before PP, but because PP "built 100 schools" they are to be praised? (half of which are ECCE centres Hazel Manning started, the rest are secondary schools Manning started, prefab buildings and extensions and a few actual new schools) Nevermind the billion-dollar debt EFCL was left in as with several unfinished schools the contractor only got 10% mobilisation. It seems as if ppl happy to blame PNM for the problem even when the UNC interspersed in the administration, but when PNM fixing the problem you vex too because they removing what you like to complain about.

Habit7 wrote:[b]Well PNM didnt help by saddling Petrotrin with debt

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 11th, 2021, 7:59 pm

While you guys comparing toley sizes, Imbert probably buying a new sportscar,Rowley breeding somebody on the outside and kams drinking up a storm.,But carry on.It is on your support that all their sheit gets enabled

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » March 11th, 2021, 8:10 pm

timelapse wrote:While you guys comparing toley sizes, Imbert probably buying a new sportscar,Rowley breeding somebody on the outside and kams drinking up a storm.,But carry on.It is on your support that all their sheit gets enabled

Time to put up or shut up. Go put yuh hand up for PM next elections. :roll:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 11th, 2021, 8:40 pm

Habit7 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Well tell us what is bad under the red government since everything under non red governments was always bad.
I told you before and I will say it again. The PNM was wrong to incur a bunch of debt by allowing World GTL to be a runaway horse, overstaffing Petrotrin and ignoring E&P.

But they are taking the steps to correct it and HPCL and Paria are successes from it. It is easy to criticise PNM now but do nothing when you had the chance.

What you and others lack is consistency because you are criticising PNM but excusing the UNC. PNM was apparently not responsible for any hway but since UNC start the Pt Fortin Hway they should be credited? The British left us with 9 secondary schools at Independence, mysteriously over a hundred schools appear before PP, but because PP "built 100 schools" they are to be praised? (half of which are ECCE centres Hazel Manning started, the rest are secondary schools Manning started, prefab buildings and extensions and a few actual new schools) Nevermind the billion-dollar debt EFCL was left in as with several unfinished schools the contractor only got 10% mobilisation. It seems as if ppl happy to blame PNM for the problem even when the UNC interspersed in the administration, but when PNM fixing the problem you vex too because they removing what you like to complain about.

100 schools in 5 years.
i remember the pic of the newspaper clipping saying that pnm will solve the water problem BY 1960.

the paria and other new petrotrin companies were always successes in thier own right, boats from all over used to come and buy. they just decentralized them after they shut it down, into thier own separate companies.

u must hvae info different from the parliament, cause gopeesingh read out the list in parliament, after pnm laughed off the 100 schools. it was never contested after, left in the hansard, PP started and near completed 100schools.

hazel manning created a new breakfast item... breakfastseseessseseses.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 11th, 2021, 9:15 pm

sMASH wrote:100 schools in 5 years.
i remember the pic of the newspaper clipping saying that pnm will solve the water problem BY 1960.

the paria and other new petrotrin companies were always successes in thier own right, boats from all over used to come and buy. they just decentralized them after they shut it down, into thier own separate companies.

u must hvae info different from the parliament, cause gopeesingh read out the list in parliament, after pnm laughed off the 100 schools. it was never contested after, left in the hansard, PP started and near completed 100schools.

It was 1957, we were still a colony of the UK, it was said by a marine biologist, not "the PNM." And the PNM were in charge of the Legislative Council, not the then version of WASA.

It is great to say they were successes in their own right. It is another thing to actually take the steps necessary to make them so, make a profit and make them contribute to the Treasury.

You're welcome https://www.facebook.com/MoEduTT/videos ... 764207074/

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 11th, 2021, 9:20 pm

a non pnm member once said, vision 2020 first world status.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby zoom rader » March 12th, 2021, 7:03 am

On
Tuesday, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) raised its forecast for global economic growth upward by more than one percentage point.

According to the OECD, activity in many sectors has picked up and partially adapted to pandemic restrictions.

Importantly, it noted that vaccine rollout, although uneven, is gaining momentum and government stimulus, particularly in the United States, is likely to provide a major boost to economic activity.

But prospects for sustainable growth vary widely between countries and sectors. Faster and more effective vaccination deployment across the world the report said is critical.

Noting that the global vaccine rollout remains uneven, with restrictions remaining in some countries and sectors, it said the outlook for growth would improve (upside scenario) if the production and distribution of doses accelerates, is better co-ordinated around the world and gets ahead of virus mutations.

“This would allow containment measures to be relaxed more rapidly and global output to approach pre-pandemic projections for activity. But consumer spending and business confidence would be hit (downside scenario) if vaccination programmes are not fast enough to cut infection rates or if new variants become more widespread and require changes to current vaccines.”

It is now common knowledge that the pandemic has cost trillions of dollars to the world economy and for T&T it has meant billions in lost revenue and additional expenditure.

At a time when the T&T economy was already fragile the pandemic has hit us where it hurts most, in our pockets.

It is almost a year now since the first case of COVID-19 was recorded in T&T and a year since there has been significant lock down of the country. Its borders have remained closed, thousands have lost their jobs, hundreds of businesses have closed down, thousands of lives either disrupted or ruined. Even Carnival has for the first time been cancelled and not postponed.

The government has boasted to anyone who would listen that it has done a great job in keeping the population safe from the uncontrolled spread of the deadly virus.

The country’s death toll, being relatively small compared to the risks that we faced, and I am sure there are people who will look at what is happening to our Caricom brothers and sisters in Jamaica and breathe a sigh of relief that a similar faith has not befallen us as a country.

The truth is that as an economy highly dependent on tourism and services it would have been all but impossible for the other Caricom members, with the exception of Guyana and Suriname, to close their borders the way T&T did.

In the last year the government has also kept most of its employees at work, choosing not to send home anyone and borrowing money to pay salaries while heavily drawing down on the country’s savings to keep us afloat.

I have already written extensively on the government’s general economic policy and how it has endangered the economy and we are now at a point where lockdown or no lockdown we are in deep trouble.

The successful roll-out of vaccines globally is likely to positively impact T&T’s economy. Already the increased demand for petroleum products, along with reduced production from the Saudis has led to improved global prices for crude oil. This increase in oil prices will add some revenue to the government coffers.

Should vaccines be rolled out successfully it is likely to allow Caribbean islands to return to some normalcy and with that pent up demand for global travel and holidays, one reasonably expects the Caribbean islands will be major beneficiaries for tourists eager to go on holiday. This will have a positive impact on T&T’s export of manufactured goods, particularly in the food and beverage sectors

The United Kingdom has perhaps the world’s most successful vaccination roll out thus far and the British government has clearly set out a course to emerge from lock-down and return to normal lives.

The United States has also made progress under the Joe Biden administration and the CDC has this week issued new guidelines to its vaccinated population on how they may begin that return to normalcy.

In the case of T&T we have no such good fortune. Instead we have the embarrassing situation where one of the Caribbean’s richest countries is last per capita in its vaccination of its population with a Health Minister who appears to be fumbling in the dark about vaccines.

From the embarrassment of claiming the 2000 doses was a gift from India and not Barbados to his come-down that two months later than promised we are only getting enough doses to inoculate 15,000 members of the population, it has not been Terrence Deyalsingh’s finest hour.

For a man who is not shy about boasting constantly, almost with every sentence he utters, about the great job he has done, led by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley, it is now almost painful to see clearly that the rollout is at best stuttering if not stalled.

He is yet to articulate a real plan that has dates and amounts of vaccine to be received and the number does, nor can he credibly tell us when we can expect to reach heard immunity.

Deyalsingh, and by extension the government, still has not clearly explained the débâcle with the Indian government nor how the public and private sectors can work to get this done?

No one denies that all countries are facing vaccine challenges but what is almost frightening is how we have been exposed by other Caricom countries that don’t even have an embassy in India and yet can receive vaccine and begin the moves to reopen their economy, while we seem to have been caught off guard by the so called Indian gift or vaccine diplomacy.

Is it that we were hoping for free vaccines from China or a major power? It is that we were trying to play cheap hoping to beg for free vaccines and only pay for 33 per cent of the population in the Covax facility?

These may seem absurd questions but they have to be asked based on where we find ourselves.

Surely the problem in getting the vaccine cannot be one of money or resources? If ever there was a time when the Heritage and Stabilisation Fund can be used, it’s for vaccine purchase.

In September last year Deyalsingh told the country; “What does that mean for T&T, 20 percent of our population is 280,000. In the first chance of the vaccination drive, we will be getting vaccines to vaccinate 280,000 citizens of T&T.

“After that, in the second wave of the vaccination drive, Cabinet has signed on with Covax to purchase vaccines for 33 per cent of the population. 33 per cent is 462,000 so after we get out first 280,000 we will then get another 182,000 to vaccinate 33 per cent of the population. That is how the COVAX facility works.”

It is now clear this will not come to past. In the meantime the country’s economy and citizens remain under limited lockdown.

Restaurants still cannot serve alcohol, a measure that makes no sense, taxi drivers are still at a reduced number of passengers, bars and entertainment remain hurt by government measures and T&T remains the laughing stock of the region.

Even at this stage it is increasing clear we will not get to heard immunity by the end of the year and, in that case, we are likely to go another year without Carnival come 2022. There will be more psychological and economic pain to bear.

The government talks about saving lives, what about people’s livelihoods.

We cannot all work at CEPEP

https://guardian.co.tt/article/govts-bo ... fe9097b9a2

Incompetent red government and they want to come down on citizens that ask other countries for the Vaccine

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 12th, 2021, 7:09 am

You do not want me in politics or in any position of authority believe me.I will be too strict.
Besides, who going to vote for my ugly arse anyways?
DMan7 wrote:
timelapse wrote:While you guys comparing toley sizes, Imbert probably buying a new sportscar,Rowley breeding somebody on the outside and kams drinking up a storm.,But carry on.It is on your support that all their sheit gets enabled

Time to put up or shut up. Go put yuh hand up for PM next elections. :roll:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 12th, 2021, 7:39 am

Meanwhile dem injun schools taking more scholarships

https://www.moe.gov.tt/news-release-2021-2-2-2-2-2/

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 12th, 2021, 9:27 am

sMASH wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

100 schools in 5 years.

You pretty selective in what you remember Smash-
you remember it not being contested left in the Hansard..but you forget the MINISTERS statement on the same issue- Gopeesingh again taking credit for work not done by the UNC
If you remember back to 1960 you should remember 1995 Ganga Singh claiming water for all...then stating that they achieved reliable supply to 85% of the population.
Another lie in that it was later found to be closer to 35%.

The pattern is obvious.

WRT to Petrotrin- it was STATED repeatedly that it is the refinery that was losing money....in quantities to make the net position a loss.
Stopping the losses is the first step.

One would think that the UNC with their brilliance, with the constitutional,economic and fiscal space they had in their term would have done something...yet they didnt.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 12th, 2021, 9:38 am

Redman wrote:
sMASH wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

100 schools in 5 years.

You pretty selective in what you remember Smash-
you remember it not being contested left in the Hansard..but you forget the MINISTERS statement on the same issue- Gopeesingh again taking credit for work not done by the UNC
If you remember back to 1960 you should remember 1995 Ganga Singh claiming water for all...then stating that they achieved reliable supply to 85% of the population.
Another lie in that it was later found to be closer to 35%.

The pattern is obvious.

WRT to Petrotrin- it was STATED repeatedly that it is the refinery that was losing money....in quantities to make the net position a loss.
Stopping the losses is the first step.

One would think that the UNC with their brilliance, with the constitutional,economic and fiscal space they had in their term would have done something...yet they didnt.
Dummy you expect non red governments to solve all of the red governments mismanagement in one term ?

The red government had 9 terms, yes 9 terms and we still a banana Republic.

Had it not been for the Desals plants where would we have been today ?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 12th, 2021, 9:55 am

while other first world countries giving out monthly stimulus checks... focus on the stimulus part, cause stimulus means they want to stimulate business keeping people running, trinidad push people on the breadline.
profit was not the only reason to shut it down, instead of keeping it open to go tru is streamlining process.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 12th, 2021, 10:11 am

sMASH wrote:while other first world countries giving out monthly stimulus checks... focus on the stimulus part, cause stimulus means they want to stimulate business keeping people running, trinidad push people on the breadline.
profit was not the only reason to shut it down, instead of keeping it open to go tru is streamlining process.
Main reason to shut down Petrotrin was the Ravi Bees employed there.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 12th, 2021, 10:14 am

or av drilling files to dump. rowley frens must not get investigated. the same ones he called direct from foreign when the news broke of the 100m fake oil scam.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 12th, 2021, 10:49 am

sMASH wrote:while other first world countries giving out monthly stimulus checks... focus on the stimulus part, cause stimulus means they want to stimulate business keeping people running, trinidad push people on the breadline.

Yep and those firstworld countries Debt to GDP is north of 100% yet you complaining about Petrotrin debt created by the PNM-
more of your half way logic and memory.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 12th, 2021, 10:55 am

duplicate

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 12th, 2021, 1:09 pm

Curtis Williams is an opinion columnist masquerading as a journalist. But if you want a wider and more informed opinion, here you are:

Pricewaterhouse survey shows CEOs confident economy will bounce back from covid19
RYAN HAMILTON-DAVIS 18 HRS AGO

IT IS NO surprise that covid19 was one the number one concern of the 5,000 businesses that participated in the PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) 24th annual survey, launched virtually on Thursday. What was truly surprising, according to PwC chairman Bob Moritz, was the optimism which businesses had in the next three years.

Seventy-six per cent of businesses believed that in the next 12 months, the economy would improve. That is a massive jump from 22 per cent recorded in last year’s survey. A little under 40 per cent had the same optimism for the next three years.

The optimism comes in different forms, Moritz said.

“The first is optimism in the potential of the economy. It is at a record high – up 20 per cent from the previous year. The second thing is opportunity in their own organisations, particularly in their ability to grow revenue within the next 12 months. Likewise they see the same opportunity over the next three years.”

The report said CEOs in hospitality, leisure, transport and logistics were the least optimistic with the hospitality industries seeking to rebound to 2019 levels in the next three years. But tech industries, still riding high from the digital surge coming out of the pandemic had a better outlook on the next 12 months.

But overall businesses see a way forward. The PwC report said 36 per cent of CEOs said they were confident about their revenue growth prospects and almost half – 47 per cent – were very confident that the next three years would see growth.

PwC itself had its own good news. The report compiled feedback on the confidence level, dating back to 2008, to determine the direction and the strength of the global gross domestic product and found, based on this year’s responses, the global economy could grow by as much as five per cent.

Despite their confidence CEOs are fully aware of the threats still looming from covid19 and other factors. About 52 per cent said they were extremely concerned with the threat of pandemics and health crises. The last time PwC asked that question six years ago, only 9 nine per cent had that concern.

What is also notable is the increase in concern over cyber risks. That jumped from 33 per cent in 2020 to 47 per cent, no doubt climbing along with the increase in the use of technology.

“What is interesting is that rise is more consistent around the world when previously it was primarily out of Western Europe and the United States,” Moritz said.

Concern over climate change has risen slightly, indicating that while it is a concern it is still not a prominent one for CEOs.

Moritz said while concern over climate change did increase more than 60 per cent, CEOs did not include plans on the impact of climate change in their business modules.

“The challenges are many,” Moritz said. “There is a difference between those who are moving with speed and agility to react to the uncertainties that are out there, and yes, there are risks but also opportunities that the CEO’s are seeing.”

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/03/11/pricew ... m-covid19/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 12th, 2021, 1:26 pm

zoom rader wrote:Meanwhile dem injun schools taking more scholarships

Zoom,

Why the injun schools and not the afro schools?

Could it be the teachers? Facilities?

If we put the indo kids in the afro schools and the afro kids in the indo schools would we see any difference?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 12th, 2021, 1:31 pm

Habit7 wrote:Curtis Williams is an opinion columnist masquerading as a journalist. But if you want a wider and more informed opinion, here you are:

Pricewaterhouse survey shows CEOs confident economy will bounce back from covid19
RYAN HAMILTON-DAVIS 18 HRS AGO

IT IS NO surprise that covid19 was one the number one concern of the 5,000 businesses that participated in the PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) 24th annual survey, launched virtually on Thursday. What was truly surprising, according to PwC chairman Bob Moritz, was the optimism which businesses had in the next three years.

Seventy-six per cent of businesses believed that in the next 12 months, the economy would improve. That is a massive jump from 22 per cent recorded in last year’s survey. A little under 40 per cent had the same optimism for the next three years.

The optimism comes in different forms, Moritz said.

“The first is optimism in the potential of the economy. It is at a record high – up 20 per cent from the previous year. The second thing is opportunity in their own organisations, particularly in their ability to grow revenue within the next 12 months. Likewise they see the same opportunity over the next three years.”

The report said CEOs in hospitality, leisure, transport and logistics were the least optimistic with the hospitality industries seeking to rebound to 2019 levels in the next three years. But tech industries, still riding high from the digital surge coming out of the pandemic had a better outlook on the next 12 months.

But overall businesses see a way forward. The PwC report said 36 per cent of CEOs said they were confident about their revenue growth prospects and almost half – 47 per cent – were very confident that the next three years would see growth.

PwC itself had its own good news. The report compiled feedback on the confidence level, dating back to 2008, to determine the direction and the strength of the global gross domestic product and found, based on this year’s responses, the global economy could grow by as much as five per cent.

Despite their confidence CEOs are fully aware of the threats still looming from covid19 and other factors. About 52 per cent said they were extremely concerned with the threat of pandemics and health crises. The last time PwC asked that question six years ago, only 9 nine per cent had that concern.

What is also notable is the increase in concern over cyber risks. That jumped from 33 per cent in 2020 to 47 per cent, no doubt climbing along with the increase in the use of technology.

“What is interesting is that rise is more consistent around the world when previously it was primarily out of Western Europe and the United States,” Moritz said.

Concern over climate change has risen slightly, indicating that while it is a concern it is still not a prominent one for CEOs.

Moritz said while concern over climate change did increase more than 60 per cent, CEOs did not include plans on the impact of climate change in their business modules.

“The challenges are many,” Moritz said. “There is a difference between those who are moving with speed and agility to react to the uncertainties that are out there, and yes, there are risks but also opportunities that the CEO’s are seeing.”

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/03/11/pricew ... m-covid19/
When Clarence Rambharath and other red government idiots was writing trash as a an opinionated columnist in the media houses I never hear you exposing these clowns.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 12th, 2021, 1:37 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Zoom,

If we put the indo kids in the afro schools and the afro kids in the indo schools would we see any difference?
I can write a long article on this and the red government tuners going to get offended for me telling the truth.

But....look at Tobago for the answer

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 12th, 2021, 5:33 pm

Seeing this myself in my street.2 afro brothers going to an indo school are doing very well and are very well mannered young men.Those are the two I made the wooden katanas for for Christmas last year.
Then theres a indo going govt secondary.This little pest corrupting the other 2 .He has no ambition in life and running around with a toy 9mm that looking real.
Father of 2 afro boys put a rough up on the indo pest last week because of his behavior.

I went to a somewhat indo school, was a muslim board run school .I can tell you that my teachers really cared about us and wanted us to do well.Smash went there too, though at the time he was the reigning girls dem sugar.But most of us did well in exams and have decent lives, even the wottless ones.

Any experience from anyone that went govt school? Would love to know
MaxPower wrote:

Zoom,

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 12th, 2021, 6:45 pm

All the "good schools" will be destroyed in PNM's coming social experiment. I seeing on papers nice nice children getting president's model... in a couple years all these 'high performers' will get put into dysfunctional schools to get abused and harassed for being too smart.

that is what we want. because it too stressful to write an exam, apparently.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 12th, 2021, 7:03 pm

paid_influencer wrote:All the "good schools" will be destroyed in PNM's coming social experiment. I seeing on papers nice nice children getting president's model... in a couple years all these 'high performers' will get put into dysfunctional schools to get abused and harassed for being too smart.

that is what we want. because it too stressful to write an exam, apparently.
Well this true

Hooligan red government kids will be mixed with those that want to lean.

Red government kids have psychological and mental problems of single parent and broken homes.

These kids turn out to be bullies and thus become golden Grove scholar winners .

Well manner kids are going to get bullied from red government kids.

I forsee a boom in private schools . It is unfair to mix hooligans with those that want to learn.

We all know that the red government is doing it best to curb the education of a certain sect in society. When you are educated it is very hard to control you and your thinking pattern.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”