Forums

T&T Budget 2020 is on October 5th

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: T&T Budget 2020 is on October 5th

Postby Kenjo » October 11th, 2020, 7:59 am

death365 wrote:I does buy local 80 % of the time an hear wha... I can get back my money from amazon in 1 day by a simple email complaint.

I went to a glass "factory" in barataria an had to go back 3 days an threatened them with going to ombudsman... Is only when I said who I am (a career public servant) that they give me back my money an tell me never come back.

So u have to understand its trini businesses that killing trini businesses

And they could have easily refunded and replaced your item and still make a profit while probably selling the defective product you got from them but this horrible customer service is amazing locally.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 11th, 2020, 9:29 am

gastly369 wrote:Do not support local...
I'll buy a pencil on amazon if I had to
death365 wrote:I does buy local 80 % of the time an hear wha... I can get back my money from amazon in 1 day by a simple email complaint.

I went to a glass "factory" in barataria an had to go back 3 days an threatened them with going to ombudsman... Is only when I said who I am (a career public servant) that they give me back my money an tell me never come back.

So u have to understand its trini businesses that killing trini businesses
I don't think trini makes pencils

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 11th, 2020, 9:38 am

Tell them Zoom.

Local business have to compete ....whether it’s on price, service or goodwill.

It’s hard to compete with Amazon though on any of the above.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » October 14th, 2020, 4:54 am

they going to ban my kellogs captain crunch and coco pebbles, no apples and grapes, cars have to be ordered and wait a 3 months before it reach... vision 1980's, backwards forever forwards never under this pnm yes. anyone who live tru the 80's will have a sense of deja vu

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 14th, 2020, 6:11 am

The PNM time machine at work...
screwbash wrote:they going to ban my kellogs captain crunch and coco pebbles, no apples and grapes, cars have to be ordered and wait a 3 months before it reach... vision 1980's, backwards forever forwards never under this pnm yes. anyone who live tru the 80's will have a sense of deja vu

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 14th, 2020, 6:52 am

If you had to choose which cereal to stop...what would you choose??? Or most expensive to cheapest?? Hopefully they leave meh frosted flakes and nesquik cereal

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 14th, 2020, 6:54 am

I smell a negative list in the making.....

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 14th, 2020, 9:49 am

If only Manning was around to see how Vision 2020 end up, yes.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 14th, 2020, 12:32 pm

Its how the narrative is, that its wrong for.people to want the other Cereal products..

The real issue is nothing new is being done to generate forex.

Telling people they shouldnt be buying cars or luxury items is the current solution

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 14th, 2020, 2:32 pm

Support foreign,

The service is exceptional.

Trinis have to step up their game as currently many people won’t even accept their service even if it was free.

This is why Amazon is a very big player.

Service is everything.

Do better T&T.

kukulook
Riding on 13's

Postby kukulook » October 14th, 2020, 3:14 pm

i don't think any local company could realistically compete with Amazon even if they wanted. I recall the story where Amazon sold the prices of diapers at a loss to make diapers.com go out of business, then bought the parent company and then jacked back up the prices.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » October 16th, 2020, 8:34 am

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-hits-back-at-uk-mp-who-raised-stranded-nationals-plight-6.2.1235040.8e88f518f8

Im just quoting the important parts.

In a wide-ranging address, Rowley also touched on the proposal to raise the retirement age to 65. He said the NIB is “in danger of heading towards bankruptcy” and increasing the retirement age was one of the ways to prevent that.

He said there will be continued conversations about raising the retirement age.

He also said while the planned privatisation of the Port of Port-of-Spain may lead to job losses, the current model under the Ministry of Works and Transport hasn’t worked.

so ... 1. retirement at 65 mentioned agin, i hope we all can protest when/if this happens
2. Pnm party group #5 aka the port "may: lose jobs in the process ... well im ok with tht ... are u ? :bday:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 16th, 2020, 9:06 am

death365 wrote:https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-hits-back-at-uk-mp-who-raised-stranded-nationals-plight-6.2.1235040.8e88f518f8

In a wide-ranging address, Rowley also touched on the proposal to raise the retirement age to 65. He said the NIB is “in danger of heading towards bankruptcy” and increasing the retirement age was one of the ways to prevent that.

He also said while the planned privatisation of the Port of Port-of-Spain may lead to job losses, the current model under the Ministry of Works and Transport hasn’t worked.

so ... 1. retirement at 65 mentioned agin, i hope we all can protest when/if this happens
2. Pnm party group #5 aka the port "may: lose jobs in the process ... well im ok with tht ... are u ? :bday:
Let port workers take bull.

If any other government mention the near fact of job losses in the port there will be marching up and down and unions up in arms.

Port union not even opening their stinking arses to raise concerns of job losses.

Nearly all port workers are red Goverment supporters and they voters for their tribe.

What a bunch of stupid people

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » October 16th, 2020, 10:10 am

annisett wasnt a govt senator? he must keep he yap shut when the rotiwhiler talking.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 16th, 2020, 10:24 am

Well i see the Budget beatup has moreless subsided...

Good, was starting to get lil annoying.

What’s next on the list for short term ranting?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 16th, 2020, 10:45 am

MaxPower wrote:Well i see the Budget beatup has moreless subsided...

Good, was starting to get lil annoying.

What’s next on the list for short term ranting?
Red goverment workers being sent home and no protess or word from Red goverment unions

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 16th, 2020, 7:13 pm

What might those new ttec and wasa rates look like?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 16th, 2020, 7:18 pm

the rates need to go hand in hand with metering if a customer chooses

i presently pay a higher semi commercial rate in woodbrook yet that location uses very little water.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » October 16th, 2020, 8:16 pm

Foreign cereal is shite. Plenty GMO. Foreign fruits are shat as well.

You all realise that american foods are hardly exported to the EU etc right?

Do more research nah...those foods may be killing alluh. Avoid the grapes and apples or atleast try to find out how they are grown and what pesticides etc are used.

Also remember that these things are being exposed to chemicals to allow.them to last longer for shipping purposes etc.

Don't just accept all things that are "foreign" as good.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » October 16th, 2020, 8:24 pm

Redress10 wrote:Foreign cereal is shite. Plenty GMO. Foreign fruits are shat as well.

You all realise that american foods are hardly exported to the EU etc right?

Do more research nah...those foods may be killing alluh. Avoid the grapes and apples or atleast try to find out how they are grown and what pesticides etc are used.

Also remember that these things are being exposed to chemicals to allow.them to last longer for shipping purposes etc.

Don't just accept all things that are "foreign" as good.

do you like strawberries?

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » October 16th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Nah

I try not to buy those things if they are grown in the US.

Think you can grow strawberries in our climate though.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 16th, 2020, 8:31 pm

here's my solution: put a fair price on the value of foreign currency and if people really want the foreign cereals, foreign fruits, etc, let them pay the real market value of that foreign exchange. Right now we subsidizing those foreign goods and vex when locals buy them. It is nonsensical.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 16th, 2020, 8:39 pm

Redress10 wrote:Nah

maybe over where you are, but not here.

strawberries are delicious man, you should try them. I pay the price (between $50 and $70 a pack) every month of so, but pure heaven imo.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » October 16th, 2020, 8:53 pm

paid_influencer wrote:

strawberries are delicious man, you should try them. I pay the price (between $50 and $70 a pack) every month of so, but pure heaven imo.

My problem is lack of info regarding growth process and and any chemical they may be exposing these fruits to. Especially as they are being exported to a less "developed" country so alot of legalities may slip through and I'm sure the local importer doesn't care about these things.

Thing about cereal is that most of them is literally just sugar and provide no real nutritional value. Might as well be eating flavoured cardboard. I don't mind the "healthier" ones getting a bligh but things such as frosted flakes really doesn't need to be imported. Esp as there is a local substitute. I mean how different can frosted flakes really be between manufacturers.

The sad thing is that local manufacturers are also importers as the raw materials need to be imported to make the cereal as well. So either way, the cereal has to be imported for it to get on the shelf.

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » October 16th, 2020, 8:57 pm

paid_influencer wrote:here's my solution: put a fair price on the value of foreign currency and if people really want the foreign cereals, foreign fruits, etc, let them pay the real market value of that foreign exchange. Right now we subsidizing those foreign goods and vex when locals buy them. It is nonsensical.

you sound like one of those unpatriotic underminers that rowliar does be groaning about

you must be one of them saboteur (((KAMALA))) supporters from the murky lagoons

ent ?

who have secret us dollar bank account hide up

and somehow you racial too :mrgreen:

:roll:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 16th, 2020, 9:54 pm

zoom rader wrote:
death365 wrote:https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-hits-back-at-uk-mp-who-raised-stranded-nationals-plight-6.2.1235040.8e88f518f8

Let port workers take bull.

If any other government mention the near fact of job losses in the port there will be marching up and down and unions up in arms.

Port union not even opening their stinking arses to raise concerns of job losses.

Nearly all port workers are red Goverment supporters and they voters for their tribe.

What a bunch of stupid people

Agreed, it shows that it's only a PNM government that can go after the public sector to privatize and the unions will just huff, puff then bend over.

This is just one of the advantages why the 1% invests in the PNM.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 16th, 2020, 11:34 pm

Redress10 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

My problem is lack of info regarding growth process and and any chemical they may be exposing these fruits to. Especially as they are being exported to a less "developed" country so alot of legalities may slip through and I'm sure the local importer doesn't care about these things.

Thing about cereal is that most of them is literally just sugar and provide no real nutritional value. Might as well be eating flavoured cardboard. I don't mind the "healthier" ones getting a bligh but things such as frosted flakes really doesn't need to be imported. Esp as there is a local substitute. I mean how different can frosted flakes really be between manufacturers.

The sad thing is that local manufacturers are also importers as the raw materials need to be imported to make the cereal as well. So either way, the cereal has to be imported for it to get on the shelf.

The local farmers are a whole lot worse... my uncle bought some land and plants a garden as a hobby. He planted ochros this year. There are other farmers planting crops around his land. He said that the other day the farmers sprayed their crops with something, he say every living thing on the land (insect, small animals, birds etc died). When the rain fall the water wash it into a nearby river and everything in the river float up.

He ask one of the farmers what they use and the response was "dat spray wukin real good boy, it killing everything", They don't even know the name of the chemical, there is no authority in Trinidad looking at this and the public is consuming local thinking that local is safer and cleaner.

Then when everybody dropping down from Cancer we want to know why... and Govt will just pump money into the healthcare system blindly but not look at the root cause. Tell yuh PNM friends nah... to look at this before we all die!!!!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 8th, 2020, 6:02 pm

This is another pic of another food card replacement bag.

This is what they remove the card and giving in place of 250.

I can understand that 250 is being drawn out from the ministry for each bag.
I cannot comprehend how this is 250 being received by the citizen.
FB_IMG_1607463987041.jpeg

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 8th, 2020, 6:06 pm

^^^ Bodi is $250 Now?

Only the red Goverment can change bodi price

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 8th, 2020, 6:13 pm

sMASH wrote:This is another pic of another food card replacement bag.

This is what they remove the card and giving in place of 250.

I can understand that 250 is being drawn out from the ministry for each bag.
I cannot comprehend how this is 250 being received by the citizen. FB_IMG_1607463987041.jpeg

$250.00? That's not even $50.00!
O blame Kamla, she taking tings from de people and dem red bag!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”