Forums

Public sector salaries

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Toyo1777
Street 2NR

Public sector salaries

Postby Toyo1777 » April 21st, 2021, 9:26 pm

How long can the government maintain public sector salaries without making significant cuts
Would contract staff go first. The country is in serious debt
And is borrowing to pay salaries

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Public sector salaries

Postby widdyphuck » April 21st, 2021, 9:33 pm

Toyo1777 wrote:How long can the government maintain public sector salaries without making significant cuts
Would contract staff go first. The country is in serious debt
And is borrowing to pay salaries
The paying full salaries for rotational work schedule right now.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » April 21st, 2021, 10:47 pm

Maybe some work can be farmed out on a gig basis, like freelance
I don't mind responding to baseless questions on minute sheets and preparing labels for envelopes all day.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » April 22nd, 2021, 5:18 am

they might take away the perks first like toilet paper, blue water, rent but contract staff doing most of the work from administrative to skilled such as doctors an so forth. contract staff was so they wont pay pension after 65 years so its likely pay cut might be in the making.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » April 22nd, 2021, 6:06 am

An interesting question.

The real question is, what value do private sector companies bring to the economy? Right now they eat more than they contribute.

Most private companies skirt taxes and ask any inland revenue find officer how much pressure it is to collect taxes from private companies.

Salaries aren't just figures that fall from the sky

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 22nd, 2021, 6:26 am

matr1x wrote:An interesting question.

The real question is, what value do private sector companies bring to the economy? Right now they eat more than they contribute.

Most private companies skirt taxes and ask any inland revenue find officer how much pressure it is to collect taxes from private companies.

No, no no no no.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 22nd, 2021, 6:44 am

Dohplaydat wrote:

No, no no no no.

I know one dental office where the owner raking in more than 100k per month and he declared to nis that his salary is 10k..He also pays his staff half cash half check. Fyi he has more than one practice.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 22nd, 2021, 7:01 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

No, no no no no.

I know one dental office where the owner raking in more than 100k per month and he declared to nis that his salary is 10k..He also pays his staff half cash half check. Fyi he has more than one practice.

Yea that's normal, and the only thing wrong is how he's paying his staff.

But the private sector contributes a hell of a lot in terms of jobs and the general circulation of money. I do agree tax evaders need to stop though.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » April 22nd, 2021, 7:07 am

sounds like a certain dentist who also does botox and other stuff on the side not to mention a hotel.
Worse part is the man money stink stink an d man does pay he ppl dog money and always bawlin he cya increase pay nada.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 22nd, 2021, 7:24 am

daxt0r wrote:sounds like a certain dentist who also does botox and other stuff on the side not to mention a hotel.
Worse part is the man money stink stink an d man does pay he ppl dog money and always bawlin he cya increase pay nada.
Bring a dentist is an expensive business though. Those equipment aren't cheap.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 22nd, 2021, 7:36 am

If the PS is being reduced to 50% then workers should be paid 50% or even LESS as on average they dont put on a full days work anyways... they need to subject to the same rules or performance as any worker should be and when they dont perform they can lose their jobs.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » April 22nd, 2021, 8:19 am

What's laughingly called the public service is very segmented comprising of civil service, daily rated employees, contract offices, teaching service.

Only civil and teaching receives pension. Contract gets gratuity after each contract usually 3 yrs and daily paid get a lump sum.

Grauity is in lieu of a pension, a lump sum payment by pension section of treasury.

So further to this u all can go ahead with bashing govt workers now

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 22nd, 2021, 8:24 am

wtf wrote:
daxt0r wrote:sounds like a certain dentist who also does botox and other stuff on the side not to mention a hotel.
Bring a dentist is an expensive business though. Those equipment aren't cheap.

Bredda if you only see how some offices does reuse material...ud bawl

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 22nd, 2021, 8:36 am

death365 wrote:What's laughingly called the public service is very segmented comprising of civil service, daily rated employees, contract offices, teaching service.

Only civil and teaching receives pension. Contract gets gratuity after each contract usually 3 yrs and daily paid get a lump sum.

Grauity is in lieu of a pension, a lump sum payment by pension section of treasury.

What's your solution? Government service jobs across the world are notoriously inefficient, though we might be one of the worst.

Also, our government service definitely has over inflated salaries.

T&TEC admin Clarks get 17-22k /mo and most of them sit down and scratch whole day.

In Trinidad, people aspire to get a lazy high paid government job.

Look this example, my friend is a civil engineer for Ministry of works, he makes 23k a month. He goes to work for 9am rides out a 3pm and barely has anything to do.

Another girl I know, same level of experience works at a private company for 13k a month, works 8am to 5pm, most Saturdays as well.

In most countries the salaries would be reversed, but here we have a private sector that takes advantage (rightfully so) of a desparate hunters who's main goal would be to land a cushy government job.

That's our problem right there, that imbalance. Any country that has a system like this is destined to fail..

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 22nd, 2021, 8:42 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
death365 wrote:What's laughingly called the public service is very segmented comprising of civil service, daily rated employees, contract offices, teaching service.

What's your solution? Government service jobs across the world are notoriously inefficient, though we might be one of the worst.

Also, our government service definitely has over inflated salaries.

T&TEC admin Clarks get 17-22k /mo and most of them sit down and scratch whole day.

In Trinidad, people aspire to get a lazy high paid government job.

Look this example, my friend is a civil engineer for Ministry of works, he makes 23k a month. He goes to work for 9am rides out a 3pm and barely has anything to do.

Another girl I know, same level of experience works at a private company for 13k a month, works 8am to 5pm, most Saturdays as well.

In most countries the salaries would be reversed, but here we have a private sector that takes advantage (rightfully so) of a desparate hunters who's main goal would be to land a cushy government job.

That's our problem right there, that imbalance. Any country that has a system like this is destined to fail..

Thats NOT the private sector taking advantage of its employees, thats a gross overpaying of Government employees..... in no way should admin at such offices be payed so much! and then you wonder why we have no money to maintain roads, water pipe infrastructure etc.. because govt workers are raping the country and loving it.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 22nd, 2021, 9:35 am

I meant takes advantage of the situation, not necessarily exploiting people.

Ttec is just one of many state enterprises that overpay underperforming employees

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 22nd, 2021, 9:58 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

No, no no no no.

This saves him $39 a week :? :?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 22nd, 2021, 10:01 am

Ben_spanna wrote:If the PS is being reduced to 50% then workers should be paid 50% or even LESS as on average they dont put on a full days work anyways... they need to subject to the same rules or performance as any worker should be and when they dont perform they can lose their jobs.

Would you take a pay cut if your employer says come to work less???

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 22nd, 2021, 10:07 am

Wasn't this the same case with Petrotrin? Inefficient, top-heavy, indebted, overstaffed and overpaid. Govt corrected it and returned it to profitability and some still call them wicked for doing that.

I think the govt doing that first with the worst state companies, Petrotrin 1st, WASA 2nd. Some might see it as bold but financially they have no choice.

I hope we ready for the ride.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » April 22nd, 2021, 10:16 am

Habit7 wrote:Wasn't this the same case with Petrotrin? Inefficient, top-heavy, indebted, overstaffed and overpaid. Govt corrected it and returned it to profitability and some still call them wicked for doing that.

I think the govt doing that first with the worst state companies, Petrotrin 1st, WASA 2nd. Some might see it as bold but financially they have no choice.

It is this same government that created the problems and then tried to solved it closing the refinery.

make meh care
Trinituner Peong

Postby make meh care » April 22nd, 2021, 10:28 am

Habit7 wrote:Wasn't this the same case with Petrotrin? Inefficient, top-heavy, indebted, overstaffed and overpaid. Govt corrected it and returned it to profitability and some still call them wicked for doing that.

Yes you are right they corrected and return it to nothing.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 22nd, 2021, 10:29 am

Yeah, they also created $14B in savings from NGC too, who spend it out without reinvesting back into the same process that made them earn it in the first place?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 22nd, 2021, 10:56 am

Many of the government office jobs are nothing more than glorified Cepep wukkers!

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » April 22nd, 2021, 11:08 am

I know government workers who work so hard they may make a few of you keyboard kyakkers feel shame.

I also know many workers whose routine would make you feel justified.

I know one in particular who is rostered to come to the office for 1 hour a week. Most times they don't make it and when they do, lord knows what they do, apart from complain about how awful management is (that's like complaining about how wet the ocean is).

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » April 22nd, 2021, 12:20 pm

Look at the sufferers here. Allyuh want a baby bottle or something?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 22nd, 2021, 12:35 pm

dude, you cannot be serious

daron
Sweet on this forum

Postby daron » April 22nd, 2021, 12:52 pm

anyone knows the average salary a normal clerk 1 makes from a ministry?

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » April 22nd, 2021, 1:26 pm

daron wrote:anyone knows the average salary a normal clerk 1 makes from a ministry?

Somewhere around 5K

daron
Sweet on this forum

Postby daron » April 22nd, 2021, 2:09 pm

imagine paying $2500.00 rent from this plus you still have to live some workers have no other choice. but keep there government job @ the moment hopefully every one understands my point
KM_2NR wrote:
daron wrote:anyone knows the average salary a normal clerk 1 makes from a ministry?

Somewhere around 5K

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 22nd, 2021, 3:09 pm

daron wrote:imagine paying $2500.00 rent from this plus you still have to live some workers have no other choice. but keep there government job @ the moment hopefully every one understands my point
KM_2NR wrote:

Somewhere around 5K

Imagine how many in the private sector can only dream about when they can make that 5K

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”