TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

B2500 4x4 RFW Problem! Help!

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
ThatDamnDrunk
Street 2NR

B2500 4x4 RFW Problem! Help!

Postby ThatDamnDrunk » May 17th, 2012, 5:00 pm

The pickup is this exact model. When I engage the 4x4 and roll forward, the RFW light does not come on and the 4x4 "FOR SURE" is not engaging (the front is not pulling, the rear is slipping). I'll post up the list of checks to do when the light is not coming on (need to find it in some random forum again via google); I hope its only the solenoid to engage the thing has gone cus that sounds easy. :(

Any recommendations on where I can get this checked? I'm in the North but more than willing to drive south to check this.

Also, any recommendations on where to get OEM parts for these as well (bushing specifically); when we got parts from Southern sales to do alignment, they gave us what I guess was imitation stuff and two months after when we went to align the thing they said that the same exact bushing was bad (believe its the steering arm bushing but I need to check the name again). Alignment has been off for almost a year (since Flugtag)

Thanks in Advance!

ThatDamnDrunk
Street 2NR

Re: B2500 4x4 RFW Problem! Help!

Postby ThatDamnDrunk » May 17th, 2012, 9:45 pm

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sho ... hp?t=41296

and

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/att ... 1253518659

Specifically, it would be No RFW operation from free to lock (RFW light does not illuminate). (Oh, and I hope its not the solenoid).

If I have time tonight I'm going to check the fuses.

Thanks!

claries
Street 2NR

Postby claries » May 18th, 2012, 9:46 am

check the vacuum hoses leading from the solenoid

brawnybro
Street 2NR

Postby brawnybro » May 22nd, 2012, 4:55 pm

you know how long i had this prob , I changed mechanics just for this smh

ThatDamnDrunk
Street 2NR

Postby ThatDamnDrunk » May 24th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Checked the top of the hoses and I see no leaks. The hose on the right side was out (I wouldn't be surprised if someone forgot to put it back in when checking the problem without me knowing). Put it back in place and engaged and moved forward but the RFW light still doesn't come on and the 4x4 still doesn't work. I then took out that same hose which was out and it let out air (as if it was pressurized); this was the hose underneath the right solenoid when looking at the engine from the front of the vehicle.

I am afraid to do any work on this myself because I do not to kid myself into thinking I'm a master mechanic even though I want to learn a lot. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE RECOMMEND ME A GOOD PLACE TO CARRY THIS PICKUP TO GET CHECKED? It drives fantastically on the road but I'd hate to see her stay there. Plus I really want to do a Side B run in the near future :(

Its not a good feeling to go to the beach to either risk getting stuck on trail or park at the top of the trail and walk down the muddy path. Both happened to me on Sunday when I parked in a bad spot and got stuck (put a branch underneath the slipping tire; fortunately that easily got me out). The bright "4WD" sticker on the tray did not help this experience either.

Please help. Begging.

ThatDamnDrunk
Street 2NR

Postby ThatDamnDrunk » May 24th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Brawny bro, I feel your pain... Ford or Mazda (same pickup), get back to me if you make any headway.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » May 24th, 2012, 11:45 pm

call James Moseley - 374 9339.
He can sort you out easily.

ThatDamnDrunk
Street 2NR

Postby ThatDamnDrunk » July 12th, 2012, 9:58 pm

Took me a while to get back! Thanks for the help!!

I've been in a sticky situation for the past month and a half but I hope to call in due time! I'm really hoping its the hoses because they look like an inexpensive fix!

Thankyou!!

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 16th, 2018, 10:03 pm

ThatDamnDrunk wrote:Checked the top of the hoses and I see no leaks. The hose on the right side was out (I wouldn't be surprised if someone forgot to put it back in when checking the problem without me knowing). Put it back in place and engaged and moved forward but the RFW light still doesn't come on and the 4x4 still doesn't work. I then took out that same hose which was out and it let out air (as if it was pressurized); this was the hose underneath the right solenoid when looking at the engine from the front of the vehicle.

I am afraid to do any work on this myself because I do not to kid myself into thinking I'm a master mechanic even though I want to learn a lot. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE RECOMMEND ME A GOOD PLACE TO CARRY THIS PICKUP TO GET CHECKED? It drives fantastically on the road but I'd hate to see her stay there. Plus I really want to do a Side B run in the near future :(

Its not a good feeling to go to the beach to either risk getting stuck on trail or park at the top of the trail and walk down the muddy path. Both happened to me on Sunday when I parked in a bad spot and got stuck (put a branch underneath the slipping tire; fortunately that easily got me out). The bright "4WD" sticker on the tray did not help this experience either.

Please help. Begging.
last time i got that problem. i put it in 4x4 n reverse d van n fix d problem

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 28th, 2018, 8:42 am

Could be vacuum leak .or solenoid damage

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”