TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Price Listings for new Pickups

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
lighthammer
punchin NOS

Re: Price Listings for new Pickups

Postby lighthammer » June 27th, 2010, 9:44 am

civic minded
[i]LH- I think you should go for the wildtrak - warranty is real beyotch but these vechicles don't give problems- you should have 5 years without an probs-
what the advantage is that you will be one of the very few people that own a real wildtrak[i]

Agreed.
I know I might come off as a bit OCD w.r.t. warranty, but one thing i REALLY HATE is when some ignorant g*nta comes and bawls "oh but they didn't tell me that not covered" when they do some stoopidness with their truck and then want to demand their money without due process.

Plus, $220,000 is a LOT of money to spend on a vehicle, otherwise I'd have just bought a used Ranger for $140K on "trinicarsforsale" and got some Wildtrak stickers and voila - Ranger Wildtrak.
If I going for the real deal, I must get my full money's worth and fully enjoy what it's worth. Don't mess around with that shyet.

Everything I get that expensive, I MUST get a warranty with it - laptop, blackberry, watch, tv, car, wife... err... forget that last one :P :P.

Even so, you must know a good deal when you see one and M. Rampersad have one with the wildtrak - but with every good deal, there is a catch. I see the catch as the warranty.

Ok enough of my annoying OCD & anal retentiveness.... we have enough of that going around.
My mind done made up already, just ask the missus, when I start to obsess about something, it's nothing else until I get it (that's how I get she to like meh!!!)

*phoenix[b]

The blue looks REALLY GOOD man, I like the blue too but I'm a bit more conservative. I could tell that the blue might really suit you and your personality.

[b]civic_minded

I like the grey too, it does look like it would hide scratches pretty well. My dad has a grey/silver L200 and it hides minor scratches like the keys on the door-lock pretty well.

(ok this is not the Wildtrak but still looks good)

I also find the white looks really sleek and beautiful...

And how the new 2010 model design lines blend very well with the silver:

But for me, I want BLACK. I find the Wildtrak in black looks really sleek and aggressive, more so than any other truck (but that's just my own personal taste).

Even the older model Wildtrak looks damned good in Black:

But somehow I prefer the newer model. I think maybe it's the lines of the body that blend very nicely with the wildtrak package. The older model looks much better in the Thunder & Hurricane package than the new 2010 model but the new model looks excellent in the Wildtrak package.

But civic minded - why don't you sell your Thunder and then you, me and phoenix could go to m.rampersad and try to get a 3-in-1 discount deal???? :D :D :D

Plus the amount of advertising we giving them on this forum, I don't see what we can't cut a deal with them :) ;) ;)

Time to contact the financiers and balance de books!

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 27th, 2010, 12:25 pm

LOL - nah boi - after thinking about it - i will stick with my ranger thunder - i love the wildtrak package but i will end up putting out alot -which i don't have right now- only if i am getting 230K then i might consider selling her.

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 27th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Real info there Boyz...

I just lovin the Blue... LOVIN IT!!!!!

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 28th, 2010, 2:40 am

civic minded
Fair enough man. You already have a kick-ass Ford Ranger Thunder, so no scene.

Later on when I get the Wildtrak we'll have to get the DB's together for a show & shine. The Galaxy Ranger crew will have to come out and show 'em what we got!

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 28th, 2010, 3:57 am

*phoenix*

The "Winning Blue" looks REAL nice man

- but I find it too pretty to get dirty :P :P
(just kidding, go right ahead and throw that truck on a dirt-trail!)

I really like the silver though, it just looks neat and clean with the truck's lines:

But like I said, BLACK would be my preference :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » June 28th, 2010, 9:21 am

I passed in M. Rampersad on Saturday to check out the WildTrak. I looks nice, but I like what I already have... and it did feel kinda weird when I sat in it and noticed only one gear lever :lol: (4x2)

Lighthammer, I got a picture of the "stabilizer bar" will post it up later. I'm pretty sure it's part of some sort of handling package, but the truck already handles very well without out. Will have to test drive one of the WildTraks to find out for sure.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 28th, 2010, 10:16 am

Cooper

Yes that would be very interesting to find out, that stabilizer bar. If it could be applied to the other line of Rangers, then would be a very good thing indeed :D:D

I read in one of the reviews that the Ranger Wildtrak's suspension is tuned a bit stiffer than the other model rangers, apparently the spring rates are tuned more for on-road use. The reviewers said they noticed there was less lean and less dive on hard cornering / hard breaking than the other Rangers.
Will have to find the review article where I read that for you, to confirm that. However I dont' think it affects the off-road performance of the Wildtrak, as it should perform the same as the other rangers.

it did feel kinda weird when I sat in it and noticed only one gear lever :lol: (4x2)

Yeah I found it felt weird with just one gear-lever too :). But I loved how the cabin, the driver's seat and the controls all felt natural to me. It felt exactly the same as my current D22 frontier, so it all felt very familiar. Loved the leather too :D

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 28th, 2010, 9:50 pm

the leather seats really nice - the one that the ranger have isnt the soft plush one that is in the hilux -it can still take some licks but you need to be on top of maintenance - i learned that with my leather interior civic i had before - thats why i opted without it.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 29th, 2010, 10:36 am

civic minded - what did you do besides using leather conditioner and regular cleaning?

Sabot
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sabot » June 30th, 2010, 7:36 am

lighthammer wrote:civic_minded - i think what phoenix is trying to say is "SELL ME YOUR RANGER THUNDER PLEASE". :) :) :)

Ok.. so, pricing updates.
According to the sales reps from Ford Trinidad:

Base-model XLT = $189,000.00
Which includes the following:
- 2.5L WLT 12-valve Turbodiesel or 2.5TDCI 16-Valve WLC Common Rail Turbodiesel. Unfortunately the XLT doesn't come with the 3.0L TDCI engine :( :( :( *sad* (the sales rep says Ford used to sell them, but probably due to low demand in this market they no longer offer the 3.0L TDCI in the XLT range

The 2.5 WLT only comes in manual and is the only engine available in the 189k price range. The common rail only comes in auto and starts at 225k. (According to the quotes and the salesman)

- 5-fwd manual transmission on the XLT 2.5WLT or 5-speed automatic on the XLT Auto 2.5 TDCI

- 4x4 with LSD or 4x2 with optional rear LSD
- Fully powered windows/mirrors/steering/AC unit

- passenger sliding-out tray in glovebox (did not see that on the XLT Manual model)

- 6-CD/MP3 player
- ABS brakes - standard
- Driver & front passenger airbags - standard
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Factory foglights - standard
- body coloured bumpers (including rear bumper - no chrome bumper or bar like the Thunder)
- Chrome or body coloured door handles available
- Factory Bedliner optional at an additional cost

- NO Sidesteps/sidebar, NO Rollbar, NO brushbar/nudgebar/bullbar, NO rear bar
- NO factory Tint
- NO factory Turbo-timer (according to the rep., Ford's turbo's are smaller than the other companies but has a comparatively high output, and is water cooled & oil cooled, hence it doesn't output as much heat as say the Nissan Frontier's larger turbo, and doesn't need a turbo-timer to allow it to cool down when switching off).

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 30th, 2010, 2:18 pm

leather cleaner then leather conditioner - it have to be done at least once per week to protect it and especially when alot of people sit in your car - just don't let it cut or puncture otherwise it will show up really bad

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 30th, 2010, 3:11 pm

Ah ok,
i got a bottle of Mother's leather conditioner from laughlin & degannes the other day while in the service center, pos.

From my visit to M rampersad's showroom, the Wildtrak's alcantara leather looked a lot tougher than the ones that come with the premium luxury local vehicles. I suppose it's meant to take a beating, compared to the cow-skin in your average everyday benz/BMW.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 30th, 2010, 3:39 pm

it real comfortable - the bucket seats in the rangers doesn't hurt your back - and the leather ones fit snug

nareshseep
punchin NOS

Postby nareshseep » April 8th, 2011, 10:08 am

Ok guys any updates... looking for prices on a good 4x2 either new or used. What do they normally go for? I'm a bit partial to the fordranger/bt50 or considering the used toyota hilux the older models, but I think parts for those might be a little hard to get.

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » April 8th, 2011, 1:21 pm

Relative has a 4x2 BT50, black, TCN, rims from the fully loaded 4x4 version, wider tyres.
Mileage less than 20k. Tray liner.

Price: $125,000, not negotiable.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » April 8th, 2011, 4:59 pm

^^ not a bad price at all, actually.
Only prob i see is that it's 4x2 - but if the shoe fits...

Rotated
Street 2NR

Postby Rotated » April 9th, 2011, 12:20 am

Toyota prices went up...Hilux 3.0 diesel up to $272k,the Prado I think went up to 700k.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » April 9th, 2011, 5:11 am

^damned earthquakes :( :(

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » April 9th, 2011, 6:45 am

yeah - all pickup prices went up. Heard the ranger is now 265K for the thunder, ridiculous!

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » April 9th, 2011, 6:55 am

^ but the thunder was always $265K, while the 3.0 TDCI plain was $239K.

So far I've only seen an average $5000 - $7000 increase in prices.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » April 9th, 2011, 7:08 am

seriously? that means it gone up higher now - cause the sales guy told me that beginning April - prices are due to increase. Its harder and harder to buy a brand new pickup. Expect a surge in the used car market

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » April 9th, 2011, 7:12 am

Heh Heh, look what I found just a few mins ago on http://www.trinicarsforsale.com

http://www.trinicarsforsale.com/database/featuredcarsDetails.php?09382-7903#top

Great Wall
Wingle 2011
2.5 Turbo Diesel
Air Condition, Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Anti-Locking Brakes, Airbags, Fog Lamps, CD Player, Keyless Entry, Fabric Interior, Leather Interior
Electronically activated 4WD, Power Steering / Windows / Mirrors, CD, Radio, USB stereo, Steering wheel audio controls, Tachometer, Air Condition, Electronic head lamp adjusters, Factory engine immobilizer, Keyless entry, Chrome handles / mirrors, Front and rear fog lamps, Leather or Fabric interior, Remote / Auto central locking, 5 speed Manual, 2.5 L intercooled Turbo Diesel engine, 235/70/16 Tyres, Tray Liner with rope hooks, ABS/AIR Bags (on super lux models).

Roof rail, Running board, Front Grille guard, Roll Bar.

Price range:
4 x 2 - $130,000 to $153,000 VI
4 x 4 - $149,000 to $167,000 VI

Don't really fancy the push-button setup for the hi/lo transfer case.
Looks like a knock-off of the Volkswaagen pickup, with rice.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » April 9th, 2011, 7:22 am

i always wondered how these handle offroading. anyone have any data?

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » April 9th, 2011, 7:28 am

At these prices, Trini's will be quick to jump on the Wingle bandwagon.

It'll soon become the new Vigo, 22-inch crims and full carryboy package.
Plus space-ship lights.

Prediction for 2012 - spaceship wingles aplenty (at least the name of the truck will fit).

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » April 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm

prices reidiculous these days, i cant wait for the govt to remove the subsidy
let men bawl
hopefully we will see a reduction in the amount of cars selling and reduction in prices
new car dealers and insurance are complete rip offs

nareshseep
punchin NOS

Postby nareshseep » April 9th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Jeremy Mohd wrote:Relative has a 4x2 BT50, black, TCN, rims from the fully loaded 4x4 version, wider tyres.
Mileage less than 20k. Tray liner.

Price: $125,000, not negotiable.

Ok thats not bad, went and saw one of the older hilux today and what struck me is how noisy it was, yes I know diesels engines are loud, but what can be done to make it a bit quieter other than buying a new one?

Who makes the engine for the wingle?

nick009
Sweet on this forum

Postby nick009 » April 10th, 2011, 7:23 am

wingle engine is an isuzu i believe

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » April 11th, 2011, 4:13 pm

lighthammer wrote:^ but the thunder was always $265K, while the 3.0 TDCI plain was $239K.

So far I've only seen an average $5000 - $7000 increase in prices.

Yup, the Thunder was 265 since Mar 2010 when I bought by van (same price as the 3.0 auto lux back then). The barebone Ranger 3.0 was 240.

Both prices went up as at Jan 1st 2011. Haven't been able to confirm the exact figure recently as they were set to raise again on April 1st.

It wont be long till yuh see vans from the company breaking the 330, 350 mark...

Insaneee...

Tired Accord
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Tired Accord » June 10th, 2011, 8:41 am

Anybody has any updated prices within the last two months on new pickups? I looking around to get some ideas myself. I am sure ALL dealerships are saying that since the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, prices have gone up....

But has the prices gone up in Japan, or are they blowing smoke up our a$$es as usual?

pipser
Street 2NR

Postby pipser » June 13th, 2011, 8:37 am

Actually, the prices of the pickups didn't go up in Japan or Thailand (which is where we get most of our trucks from) the price increase according to a few sales reps that I spoke with it due to the increase in the exchange rate of the Yen to the US dollar and them so and so firms just want to make more money on ppl head!

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”