TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Is your rubber any good..?? A tyre guide for your 4x4...

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Is your rubber any good..?? A tyre guide for your 4x4...

Postby wagon r » March 18th, 2008, 11:18 am

....something from our friends down under....many of the tyres listed here we have or could order and have shipped.

it's a bit of a read but great info.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/reviews/tips/tyres.php
Last edited by wagon r on March 18th, 2008, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » March 18th, 2008, 11:23 am

The Michelins got a good rating on Tirerack.com (orig. equipment on rangers and b2500 in TnT)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... es&place=7

Click the pic below to see the ratings:

The LTX A/T2 is Michelin's On-/Off-Road All-Terrain light truck tire developed to meet the needs of today's recreational and commercial pickup, van and SUV drivers. The LTX A/T2 was designed to provide even wear, low noise and good fuel efficiency, even in demanding commercial applications while delivering the year-round traction and durability expected from rugged off-road tires without forsaking the on-road comfort and handling expected of a Michelin tire.

The LTX A/T2 features an advanced light truck tread rubber compound molded into an independent tread block tread design featuring Michelin Biting Edges (notched blocks in the tread pattern) that enhance traction on dirt, mud, gravel, wet grass and snow. Michelin's Advanced MaxTouch Construction results in a unique tire footprint shape that allows for long-lasting, even treadwear while their Comfort Control Technology uses computer-optimized design and precision manufacturing to reduce vibrations and road noise to deliver a comfortable ride. The tire's internal structure includes two steel belts (Load Range D and Load Range E sizes add a third steel belt) to enhance durability and tread puncture resistance.

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » March 18th, 2008, 11:25 am

Bridgestone Dueler H/T D840 (Highway All-Season)

Original Equipment (OE) All-Season tires are the prevalent tire choice for vehicles sold in the United States. Developed for use on new cars and light trucks, these tires provide a versatile blend of ride quality, noise comfort, treadwear, handling and year-round traction, even in light snow.

While Original Equipment All-Season tires are often repurchased as direct replacements for pairs and sets of worn out Original Equipment tires, they can also be used on other vehicles in axle pairs or sets of four if they match the needed tire size, load range and speed rating specifications, as well as the anticipated driving conditions.

While The Tire Rack attempts to provide a picture of as many of these tires as possible, the pictures used to represent these tires cannot be guaranteed to be an exact depiction of each tire's appearance because of the variety of subtle differences in tread designs and sidewall styling.

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » March 18th, 2008, 11:26 am

Bridgestone Dueler H/T D689 (Highway All-Season)

The Bridgestone Dueler H/T lets you experience the excitement of your light truck or sport utility vehicle, without sacrificing a smooth, quiet ride. The Dueler H/T combines the versatile performance you need, with the sleek styling you want. The computer designed small block all-season tread provides you with excellent wet weather traction, and the extra deep tread (11/32" to 15/32") help to not only extend tire life, but add traction as well.

The Dueler H/T's rounded casing profile delivers an extremely smooth ride and the S-speed rating adds to it's excellent highway handling and predictable performance. The Dueler H/T offers a wide range of sizes to fit almost any sport utility or light truck, and can be mounted with either the raised outline white letters or the serrated black letters facing outward. It also has Bridgestone's Platinum Pact warranty, a 30-Day Buy & Try Guarantee, and a 60,000 mile treadwear warranty.

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » March 18th, 2008, 11:27 am

Pirelli Scorpion A/T (On-/Off-Road All-Terrain)

Simply put, the Pirelli Scorpion A/T runs circles around ordinary tires designed for Light Trucks and Sport Utility Vehicles. In terms of versatility. All-terrain handling. And sheer ride comfort.

On the highway or off the beaten path, under ideal conditions or a torrential downpour, Scorpion A/T is a consistently superior performer. Pirelli's advanced design and manufacturing methods have endowed the Scorpion A/T with truly impressive off-road capabilities, legendary Pirelli handling, plus a remarkably quiet and comfortable highway ride.

Add to all that the outstanding durability and handsome raised white outling lettering on selected sizes and you've got an all-season design that touches all the bases.

The Scorpion A/T, no other Pirelli covers this much ground.

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » March 18th, 2008, 11:28 am

Pirelli Scorpion ATR (On-/Off-Road All-Terrain)

The Scorpion ATR is Pirelli's On-/Off-Road All-Terrain light truck tire developed for pickup, crossover and sport utility vehicle drivers that want to combine on-road civility with off-road capability. The Scorpion ATR is designed to master long highway journeys, wet roads and the challenges of winter driving by combining paved road comfort and handling with rough terrain grip and maneuverability.

The Scorpion ATR features a silica-enhanced tread compound molded into a quiet-running, symmetric all-terrain type tread pattern. A virtual continuous center rib and large, stable shoulder tread blocks provide directional stability and steering response while interlocked independent tread blocks in the center tread area further promote acoustic comfort, even on-road wear and off-road traction. Sweeping central circumferential grooves and lateral shoulder grooves channel water to resist hydroplaning and enhance wet traction.

The independent tread blocks are siped to provide extra biting edges that enhance off-road traction on loose surfaces and in snow. The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced with spirally wrapped nylon cord to support the tread area providing predictable handling and high-speed control, while polyester cords stabilize the sidewalls and enhance ride quality.

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » March 18th, 2008, 11:29 am

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO (On-/Off-Road All-Terrain)

The All-Terrain T/A KO ("KO" for Key benefit On- and Off-road) is BFGoodrich's On-/Off-Road All-Terrain light truck tire developed to meet the needs of pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers who want confidence and control on and off the road. The All-Terrain T/A KO was designed to deliver go-anywhere traction along with outstanding durability and great wear.

The All-Terrain T/A KO features an aggressive, computer optimized, high-void all-terrain pattern with interlocking tread blocks and innovative siping to provide traction and handling without generating excessive noise. "ShoulderLock" upper sidewall traction bars maximize "aired down" performance by provide the clawing action necessary to develop traction and steering control in deep dirt and sand. The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts on top of BFGoodrich's TriGard (3-ply polyester cord sidewall plies) construction for strength and durability.

Single strand beads (a single strand of bead wire is continuously wrapped multiple times until the desired strength is provided) enhance the tire's fit to the wheel to improve uniformity and ride quality, while rim protectors molded into the lower sidewall help shelter wheels from off-road hazards, especially during "aired down" operation.

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » March 18th, 2008, 11:52 am

A local list of tyre suppliers across the country and various brands and prices offered.

PLEASE NOTE PRICES HERE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND THIS LIST SHOULD BE USED AS A GUIDE OF PROJECTED EXPENDITURE

Nexen and Liberator - $700.
General - $750-800.
Bridgestone and Dunlop - $850.
Kumho - $950
Goodyear and Toyo - $1000.
Cooper - $1000.
Michelin - $1400.

Nexxen Rodian and Roadstone Rodian for $750.00 - Cheap Jack's on Cipero Street
Terra Trac for $750.00

Kumho Roadventure at Mileage Mack in south - $977.00 VAT incl

All Country at Ramrattan's in Marabella - $800.00 VAT incl

Kumho Ecstas - $1,000 at Mileage Mack

Ironman Electra - $800.00 M+S at Jack's Tyre in Couva

Hankook Dyna Pro for $918.0 Vat incl at Tyre clinic
Dunlop PIT for $850.00

Nexxen Rodian - $850.00 at Jack's Tyre in Couva

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » March 18th, 2008, 12:07 pm

The Terra reac and All Country are made by Hercules - the brand is printed in small font alons teh sidewall

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » March 18th, 2008, 2:12 pm

^was just putting where tyres could be bought and at what price. but thanks for the add. info.

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » March 28th, 2008, 11:34 pm

Hey Wagon R, do you know where i can get the Bridgestone Dueler? and if possible for what price. 215/70/16 for the x trail

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » March 29th, 2008, 4:21 am

Check the Yellow Pages nah man...

Rubber and Chemicals is the dealer for Bridgestone, they have distributors around the country.

323_wagon_dude
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby 323_wagon_dude » July 16th, 2008, 11:19 am

Just a note....

The new Rangers coming with BFG AT Duellers now. 245/70R16 is the size they are using.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » July 16th, 2008, 12:09 pm

Duellers selling all over

between $800 - $900

Federal on Cipero St, San F'do has

couple places on Montrose main road has as well

245/70 - kinda thin man :!:

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » July 16th, 2008, 2:39 pm

323_wagon_dude wrote:Just a note....

The new Rangers coming with BFG AT Duellers now. 245/70R16 is the size they are using.

Hey Dude, It's actually Bridgstone Duelers not BFG (BFGoodrich)

323_wagon_dude
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby 323_wagon_dude » July 16th, 2008, 3:18 pm

ooops... heh heh heh

But aren't they the same company? or one owns the other or something like that?

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » July 19th, 2008, 11:33 am

What comming with the Hilux from TTTL???

323_wagon_dude
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby 323_wagon_dude » July 19th, 2008, 12:49 pm

The hilux comes with 265/70R16 840 HT duellers.

Cooper has a write up about it above.

Personally, i found they loose traction from about 23000Km....

Sabot
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sabot » August 5th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Anyone know who has the Michelins in 265-70-15? Trying to find four and so far unsuccessful, even the Michelin ppl in Fernandes, laughlin etc, don't have.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » August 6th, 2008, 11:18 am

You probably might get in the Euro size i.e. 31x10.5 15s which works out to be similar to the size you stated above... I got it from the Michelin ppl.

I'm looking for some 225/65 17s as well.

Evolved Automotive Ltd
Street 2NR

Postby Evolved Automotive Ltd » August 13th, 2008, 8:17 pm

i have on the LTX A/T Michelin
was a nice tyre, but once it cross half life
doesnt perform all that well

do van tyres ever bow out?

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » August 29th, 2008, 4:52 pm

Check with Mileage Mack I got my 31x10.5 15's from them. :)

roadhog
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby roadhog » September 2nd, 2008, 10:52 am

where selling this?
Pirelli Scorpion ATR

Sabot
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sabot » September 5th, 2008, 3:29 pm

sweeks wrote:You probably might get in the Euro size i.e. 31x10.5 15s which works out to be similar to the size you stated above... I got it from the Michelin ppl.

Is anyone using 31x10.5 15's on their ford ranger or B2500?
This tire looks as if it may be too big for the front fender wells??
I am having much difficulty in finding any tire in All Terrain with size 265-70-15 far less the original Michelins. :?
Only PPM seems to have this size in Roadstone. Is Roadstone AT any good? They are from Nexen I believe.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » September 6th, 2008, 6:24 am

Manualmx....that size should fit....it looks big but it'll fit.

lexx
Street 2NR

Postby lexx » September 24th, 2008, 7:14 pm

Fellas, I'm lookin to change the tires on meh sportero, right now i have the bridgestone 265/70/16 it came with and they are very crappy and disappointing after about 20000, no traction on wet road,mud,sand. they hold ok on dry highway surface.

I spin out the other day driving up the lady young in d rain, After that is 4 wheel anytime it rain for me, so what tire you would recommend for me, i like to go off road now and then, but mostly run up and down the highway. i would like a wider tire, any suggestions?

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » September 25th, 2008, 9:55 am

lexx wrote:Fellas, I'm lookin to change the tires on meh sportero, right now i have the bridgestone 265/70/16 it came with and they are very crappy and disappointing after about 20000, no traction on wet road,mud,sand. they hold ok on dry highway surface.

I spin out the other day driving up the lady young in d rain, After that is 4 wheel anytime it rain for me, so what tire you would recommend for me, i like to go off road now and then, but mostly run up and down the highway. i would like a wider tire, any suggestions?

I know where you spin... On the hairpin right? Lots of people get trubble there.

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » September 25th, 2008, 10:07 am

manualmx wrote:
sweeks wrote:You probably might get in the Euro size i.e. 31x10.5 15s which works out to be similar to the size you stated above... I got it from the Michelin ppl.

Is anyone using 31x10.5 15's on their ford ranger or B2500?
This tire looks as if it may be too big for the front fender wells??
I am having much difficulty in finding any tire in All Terrain with size 265-70-15 far less the original Michelins. :?
Only PPM seems to have this size in Roadstone. Is Roadstone AT any good? They are from Nexen I believe.

The 31 x 10.5 is a slightly taller tyre than the 265/70, but is narrower, so it all works ;-) You wont get the tyre rubbing because that is the problem I have had with 255/70 15s on the Mazda. An older model...
The 31.0 x 10.5 will work fine.

Last price I got form L&DG is $870.00 and they are in Kumho.

lexx
Street 2NR

Postby lexx » September 25th, 2008, 11:47 am

bleadingfreak

Yep, right on that same bend that ur talking about, i feel like a drifter, scary stuff

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » September 25th, 2008, 2:23 pm

I always try to drift that corner.... :oops:

...i want to change to scorpions later but that 31/10.5 size.....saw it on a b2500...

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”