TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
trinirover
Riding on 13's

Re: Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Postby trinirover » July 21st, 2016, 10:30 pm

Gents, hope you can help. Trying to find a hose for my Pathfinder R51, 2009. Its the NTERCOOLER BOOST PIPE TURBO HOSE P/N: 14463EB316
Massy is out of stock, any suggestions?

Thanks.

humanfactor
Riding on 13's

Postby humanfactor » July 22nd, 2016, 8:54 am

You tried Fiaz marabella

halfkrack
Ricer

Postby halfkrack » August 12th, 2016, 11:51 am

Hey guys I noticed the attached pics on the NP300 in front the engine (between engine and radiator). I was wondering if these pipe that looking like missing from in front the (YD25) engine is due to the egr removal. I got it like this from Massy (May 2015) but was wondering about the 2 open ends in the pic shown. Although it look hard for anything to get inside there, I was wondering if I should cover them off before doing any offroad ventures. Is it possible for mud/water/centipede etc to get into the internals through here?
Attachments
DSC_0627.jpg
These 2 open
DSC_0626.jpg
This one block off

bumpie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bumpie » August 24th, 2016, 6:24 pm

Hey folks ! Does the transmission an transfer case carry the same transmission oil in the navara D40?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 26th, 2016, 12:32 am

If you have a manual vehicle.... Most likely

gready123456
Sweet on this forum

Re: RE: Re: Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Postby gready123456 » August 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

humanfactor wrote:So I was having a problem with my Navara by which it was loosing power. I changed fuel filter, water separator and air filter . Started getting power again but now it's pulling ( loosing power) for like 2-3 seconds and then operational again. Ran it on the highway in hope that the speed gun wasn't out and still not making max power. Next suggestion was the fuel primer pump, where I brought an *original*. I test the pump where it showed greater suction than my original Primer pump, hooked up, bleed the system and started up. Now I'm able to drive but when I shut off, park up say half hour it wouldn't start. I have to prime over the system to start............................. A mech suggested I hook up any electric fuel pump. Any suggestions here ?

You have an air leak bro check hoses on the fuel filters and also check the water trap level sensor for cracks , i cracked mine from over tightening took me a month to find that . Had the same problem like you had to prime every time the van off for a while in order for it to start . You have an air leak somewhere

humanfactor
Riding on 13's

Postby humanfactor » August 27th, 2016, 4:50 pm

The problem was traced to the injectors after the van would no longer start. I was able to get the barrel and tips changed by someone else after sookhai diesel told me I would need new injectors to which they were happy to sell. My rail was also removed and cleaned by my mechanic. Metal filings were found most likely from the aftermarket/original primer pump Roach auto parts sold me. The mechanic started it with a different fuel pump and it works so, my pump is out to service now. Thanks for the info

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » September 21st, 2016, 10:20 am

Kenjo wrote:Any idea what might be causing oil leaking from my turbo ?

Kenjo thats leaking from the oil lines on the turbo or from the blow-by and seeping from the connected points?

3raser
Ricer

Postby 3raser » September 21st, 2016, 3:20 pm

With regards to the new np300 has ne1 put a turbo timer outside of massy...and if so what brand etc

letty
Ricer

Postby letty » September 25th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Hey guys I have a e25 bit it's real problems to start. Like the diesel running back to the tank. Change primer pump, lines, injectors, filters. Still is problems. Once it park up to long. It's starts easier if it's park downhill. When it do start it's clouds of black smoke. Any ideas? Help.

BUSHMASTER
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUSHMASTER » September 28th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Gn whats the ave price to lift a D22 ( not to high tho) and also way u getting offroad accessories....thanks for any feedback

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 9th, 2016, 2:26 pm

sliderz1 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:Any idea what might be causing oil leaking from my turbo ?

Kenjo thats leaking from the oil lines on the turbo or from the blow-by and seeping from the connected points?

I now realized your response , I really can't tell because I cannot ever get that oil to be ' fresh ' but I'll look a bit harder and see if I can trace it

shade360
Riding on 13's

Postby shade360 » October 19th, 2016, 9:42 pm

2017 Honda Ridgeline vs Toyota Tacoma vs GMC Canyon vs Nissan Frontier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5eE697aqEg

shmohammed
Riding on 13's

Postby shmohammed » November 2nd, 2016, 2:15 pm

Hi peeps, anyone knows a good reliable mechanic to fix a pathfinder, im not sure if its the dryshaft but we cant pass 50km..any help will be appreciated

slipperclutch
Street 2NR

Postby slipperclutch » November 28th, 2016, 12:56 am

Hey anyone know were I can get a 2010 nissan note headlight.

Zwill
Street 2NR

Postby Zwill » December 23rd, 2016, 1:10 am

Hey Guys, I have a problem with my 2010 D40 Nav. Am seeing oil leaking from the driver's side of the intercooler. I was told that it may be because of wear on the turbo. Am also a bit low on power and get a lot of black smoke on acceleration. I want to drain the intercooler and install an oil catch can to try to prevent the oil getting into the intercooler. But I need to know how to proceed with respect to the turbo. Where can I go to get a proper assessment done on the vehicle?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 23rd, 2016, 7:54 pm

That might not help in the way you think. Catch can will help in removing oil film the air coming from the pcv valve... Essentially it helps the most if your engine has a lot of blowby caused by worn rings but Doesn't really help if the seals in your turbo are leaking. If you must get one I advise getting one that has similar inlet and outlet fittings as the factory tubing... Do not install a restrictive catch can.

Zwill
Street 2NR

Postby Zwill » December 27th, 2016, 9:42 am

Compliments of the season to all you Guys and a special thanks to kamikazi for the advice, it's very much appreciated. That being said, what is involved in servicing and changing the seals on the turbo? I take it that there is a service kit available and hopefully some experienced and qualified folks available to perform the necessary surgery. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Any other advice and information is also welcome!

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » December 27th, 2016, 9:47 am

Team Loco on the forum is the man to talk to.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » January 19th, 2017, 2:31 pm

thanks for the link guys. zwill came by and I advised him.
BTW I try my best to stock replacement turbochargers for the navara. I avg two navaras a week for turbo repairs. I stock euro made cartridges, vnt rings and compressor housings.

I have some advice to minimise turbo damage- change oil on time and pay close attention to the cleanliness of the air filter.

shaun

Zwill
Street 2NR

Postby Zwill » January 27th, 2017, 10:15 pm

I have a couple of new questions guys. Am looking to service the master cylinder on the Nav, does anyone know where to get a service kit with the pistons and rubbers? I heard that Massy only sells the complete master cylinder fully assembled, I really don't know how true that is. Also, who can recommend an electrician that's totally familiar with the Nav? Someone that's Massy trained would be great!

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » January 28th, 2017, 8:00 pm

What milage are you? Usually a brake service consists of just a fluid flush rather than a cylinder rebuild.

Zwill
Street 2NR

Postby Zwill » January 28th, 2017, 11:01 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:What milage are you? Usually a brake service consists of just a fluid flush rather than a cylinder rebuild.

I have no idea of the mileage, my spedometer and my fuel guage are not working, plus I have a couple of other electrical issues. The brakes are soft at first, then it firms up on the first pump. I got the vehicle with these issues and am looking to bring everything up to the proper standard. Vehicle was manufactured in 2010. Basically am looking for some qualified help!

trinichubz
Ricer

Postby trinichubz » February 7th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Goodday tuners... need some help here.... i have the last model d22 and i think the passenger side of the wiper arm is broken as it wobbles when in use.... trying to figure out what i can do or where i can get a reokacement wiper transmission... called massy but they said ill have to special order.... any advice is appreciated guys... thanks in advance

trinichubz
Ricer

Postby trinichubz » February 7th, 2017, 1:48 pm

trinichubz wrote:Goodday tuners... need some help here.... i have the last model d22 and i think the passenger side of the wiper arm is broken as it wobbles when in use.... trying to figure out what i can do or where i can get a reokacement wiper transmission... called massy but they said ill have to special order.... any advice is appreciated guys... thanks in advance

Replacement*

arjb2000
Riding on 13's

Postby arjb2000 » February 10th, 2017, 11:18 am

Morning Guys. Looking to convert my Manual Nissan D40 to automatic. Anyone know where I can find an automatic tramsmission as well as somone to do the changeover?

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » February 10th, 2017, 5:01 pm

Any one had issues with the factory immobilizer. Its a company vehicle but still under warranty. I was informed that it spent two weeks by Massey and they could not or did not fix the issue. NISSAN Navara not the NP. Many times the vehicle would not get to click the starter. It's almost a game coming up with different comi nations on the controller .

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 11th, 2017, 7:05 am

Boi, tings like that make me want to move back to td and qd...
Simple, working.

trini iceman
Trinituner Peong

Postby trini iceman » February 11th, 2017, 1:03 pm

cornfused wrote:Any one had issues with the factory immobilizer. Its a company vehicle but still under warranty. I was informed that it spent two weeks by Massey and they could not or did not fix the issue. NISSAN Navara not the NP. Many times the vehicle would not get to click the starter. It's almost a game coming up with different comi nations on the controller .

How was it determined to be an immobilizer issue?

trinichubz
Ricer

Postby trinichubz » February 12th, 2017, 11:00 am

cornfused wrote:Any one had issues with the factory immobilizer. Its a company vehicle but still under warranty. I was informed that it spent two weeks by Massey and they could not or did not fix the issue. NISSAN Navara not the NP. Many times the vehicle would not get to click the starter. It's almost a game coming up with different comi nations on the controller .

I know in some vehicles theres a magnet in the key and when you put it in the ignition its supposed to connect with a agnet behind the ignition and that will disarm the immobilizer... came across a couple people that couldnt start because the magnet was either damaged or needed replacing...they had to call for the spare key to get it started. Just my experience with them

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”