TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Postby Ted_v2 » July 31st, 2018, 10:14 am

Oil catch can would solve it. Pass the pcv line thru the catch can and the other side on the intake.

K_Ali
Street 2NR

Postby K_Ali » July 31st, 2018, 5:52 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:Oil catch can would solve it. Pass the pcv line thru the catch can and the other side on the intake.
Will attempt and provide feedback

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » August 7th, 2018, 1:59 am

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » August 23rd, 2018, 1:39 pm

matt1092 wrote:Looking for a td27 4x4 gearbox

contact electric- 760-5132, he has one

mark27
Street 2NR

Postby mark27 » September 14th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Does anyone know if a d22 zd30 gearbox bell housing can fit the 2wd yd25 gearbox?

Hinds
Street 2NR

Postby Hinds » September 15th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Does anyone know what is the stock boost pressure on a Navara?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 15th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Plenty. At least 18psi

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 15th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Ted pm me your num or shop location na bro. Looking to get my nav back in top order for the new year

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 16th, 2018, 12:14 pm

Located in South Trinidad. Holla 337-5690

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 9th, 2018, 4:46 am

Dj_Bee wrote:ravist, well my van dosent back pressure that much as to burn or throw out so much oil as to aee a difference in oil levels, but i still wanted to be on the safe side with the catch can.
did it work better with the catch can?

shade360
Riding on 13's

Postby shade360 » October 9th, 2018, 4:36 pm

Afternoon Guys, has anyone experienced or know what might cause an engine oil leak from this area (green arrow). Appears to be between the Engine and Trans. Any assistance/advice would be very much appreciated. Its a manual 6 speed btw.

Thanks..

OIl_Leak20.jpg

OIl_Leak10.jpg

Supra GT-FOUR
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Supra GT-FOUR » October 9th, 2018, 6:34 pm

Rear engine seal most likely.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 9th, 2018, 6:38 pm

yea could be the engine seal . my advice ..if u replace . install new clutch one time .. cause that is as lot of work n it easier to install with engine out

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 9th, 2018, 6:41 pm

crackindian wrote:I recently swapped a YD25 on my D22 Frontier with a QD32 N/A.

After the swap I noticed the engine was burning blueish smoke with RPM Increase. I tried troubleshooting the issue from bad, valve stem seals, to warn rings, Fuel Filter etc.

1st Step
Thought water was in the Filter, Changed Fuel Filter, same problem.

2nd Step
From an online forum, some folks had mentioned that bad diesel fuel can contribute to blue smoke, the Van was down for an entire year. So I decided to run a Diesel Purge from Liqui Moly, bypassing the Tank Fuel and running primarily from the Canister.
In noticed little to no Blue smoke when the product was used.

3rd step
I drained the Fuel Tank and replaced with fresh Diesel, same issue, Blue smoke.

3rd Step
Changed Piston Rings, Small end Bearing, New Valve stem seals, New Head Gasket, Valve Lapping.
After all that, same problem.

4th Step
Did the Liqui Moly bypass again, same results as step 2

I am lost, is there a big difference between the Liqui Moly and Diesel, so much that it burns cleaner?

Help is appreciated.
if u clean the injector n clean fumes n then u use back tank fuel n got blue fumes .. i think the tank might need cleaning also .. try getting separate diesel fuel from gas station into a container n run your engine straight from the container n see if u still getting the smoke ..

K_Ali
Street 2NR

Postby K_Ali » October 9th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Did all that, same thing. Puzzled. The engine is burning oil though, so have to take apart to see from where. Will update

shade360
Riding on 13's

Postby shade360 » October 9th, 2018, 7:56 pm

Supra GT-FOUR wrote:Rear engine seal most likely.

supernedd wrote:yea could be the engine seal . my advice ..if u replace . install new clutch one time .. cause that is as lot of work n it easier to install with engine out

Thanks guys. Is it in anyway unusual that the NAV is doing 53k and the seal is gone or is that within "acceptable"?

Based on the current mileage, should I still consider replacing the clutch?

What might be a rough estimate to have the seal replaced?

Thanks

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 9th, 2018, 8:04 pm

crackindian wrote:Did all that, same thing. Puzzled. The engine is burning oil though, so have to take apart to see from where. Will update
better hope is not head cracking issues

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 9th, 2018, 8:07 pm

shade360 wrote:

supernedd wrote:yea could be the engine seal . my advice ..if u replace . install new clutch one time .. cause that is as lot of work n it easier to install with engine out

Thanks guys. Is it in anyway unusual that the NAV is doing 53k and the seal is gone or is that within "acceptable"?

Thanks
well boi i dont have a nav . i got a mazda .. n i know all u van got some speed ..lol .. to be honest. i did a engine change n did a clutch replace one time .. but my mileage was high n clutch still had life. why i decided to change it ..when i saw videos on how to change a clutch ..seems like a lot of work.. lol ..when the van assembled...so my theory is .. it done open..might as well..is up too u ..when they scrap down for seal ..let them check d clutch life...or even watch some videos on how to change seal or clutch n u will get what i am saying

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 10th, 2018, 9:45 am

shade360 wrote:

Thanks
If the van was sitting for a while and you now start back using it...I would say No. If however you were using it constantly and it started leaking...I would say yes. It could also be just overfill in the engine blowing past the seal.

Clutch replacement depends on for hard you run it.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 10th, 2018, 12:26 pm

250k kms on our Navara and it noww start to show slight sign of wear cuz first gear not as smooth as it originally was to go in

Supra GT-FOUR
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Supra GT-FOUR » October 10th, 2018, 2:12 pm

Had over 210k kms on mine when i sold it and was on stock clutch. They can be quite reliable. But as ned said since u separating engine and gearbox u can have clutch disc/ flywheel inspected.
If u do opt to change nissan recommends replacing flywheel along with clutch disc. OEM flywheel is dual mass and may be a bit pricey

shade360
Riding on 13's

Postby shade360 » October 12th, 2018, 4:55 pm

kamakazi wrote:
shade360 wrote:

Thanks
If the van was sitting for a while and you now start back using it...I would say No. If however you were using it constantly and it started leaking...I would say yes. It could also be just overfill in the engine blowing past the seal.

Oh boy, thanks a mil guys, k here goes...

1) The engine was definately overfilled, i would say a little over the second bump in the dipstick, i noticed it when the leak became apparent on the floor, by this time the underside had gotten properly soaked. I went ahead and changed the oil and filter, since it was close to due. Used Valvoline 15-40 Extreme and a genuine filter, filled to the 3/4 mark between the 2 holes and cleaned the underside thorougly, presently monitoring it. Its only been a couple days since the oil change, but from 3 drops on floor, I'm now seeing one either on the floor or just clinging on the underside, when I go for a drive.

2) Since i'm not working these days, the van isn't being used daily as before, I would venture to say 3 times a week on average and mostly short runs, no more that 10mins or so.

3) The van was not purchased from NM, its Thai built and when i referenced the flywheel using the VIN number, i'm getting this number 12310-EB30C, which say's its a Single Mass Flywheel. so i'm not sure.

Not a very good week to say the least!

Guys if possible, what will i be looking at in terms of cost, just a very rough estimate of course, parts & labour and is there someone you guys trust that i can speak to regading the repair?

Thanks again!

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 21st, 2018, 6:42 am

that is money fadda, noting less than 1500 labour.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 21st, 2018, 9:11 am

shade360 wrote:
kamakazi wrote:
shade360 wrote:

Thanks

Oh boy, thanks a mil guys, k here goes...

1) The engine was definately overfilled, i would say a little over the second bump in the dipstick, i noticed it when the leak became apparent on the floor, by this time the underside had gotten properly soaked. I went ahead and changed the oil and filter, since it was close to due. Used Valvoline 15-40 Extreme and a genuine filter, filled to the 3/4 mark between the 2 holes and cleaned the underside thorougly, presently monitoring it. Its only been a couple days since the oil change, but from 3 drops on floor, I'm now seeing one either on the floor or just clinging on the underside, when I go for a drive.

2) Since i'm not working these days, the van isn't being used daily as before, I would venture to say 3 times a week on average and mostly short runs, no more that 10mins or so.

3) The van was not purchased from NM, its Thai built and when i referenced the flywheel using the VIN number, i'm getting this number 12310-EB30C, which say's its a Single Mass Flywheel. so i'm not sure.

Not a very good week to say the least!

Guys if possible, what will i be looking at in terms of cost, just a very rough estimate of course, parts & labour and is there someone you guys trust that i can speak to regading the repair?

Thanks again!
i think a coworker get that overfill problem with his new np300 .. so i heard . like he service his self n do sheit

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 21st, 2018, 9:12 am

Ted_v2 wrote:that is money fadda, noting less than 1500 labour.
yea cause changing a clutch is a lot of work . so i could understand d pricing .if he do it showroom . well then u watching double that

BUSHMASTER
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUSHMASTER » October 28th, 2018, 10:10 am

Good morning where cud I get manual locking hubs for the old model pathfinder n wats the price ave

shade360
Riding on 13's

Postby shade360 » October 31st, 2018, 6:43 pm

Guys, do your local user manual state this under the recommended fluids and lubricants section or does it just have the API grade listed (as in Page 1 of this thread)?

Diesel engine oil :
API grade CF-4, JAS0 DH-1

Reason I'm asking, according to the JASO Engine Oil Standards, the oil I'm running now is rated as a DH-2 oil and DH-2 should only be used when one or more of the following criteria's are met.

1) Vehicle has a Diesel Particulate Filter (which I do not have)
2) Fuel should be Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (which we do not have, I think)

DH-2.jpg

The Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme I'm using presently and the Amsoil Signature Series I had in before were all DH-2

The only oils I could find that met the exact specifications in the manual, by meeting both standards are:

1) Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 (Not ESP)

2) Amsoil SAE 15W-40 Heavy-Duty Diesel and Marine Oil

3) Shell Rimula R4 X (no other variant of R4)

4) Shell Rimula R6 M (no other variant of R6)

The DH-1 rated oils comprise a higher detergency / sulfated ash content, with a TBN value of 12 and above typically.

Based on how the manual is written, both standards (API & JASO) are to be met, not either/or.
Either/Or scenarios are explicitly stated as such, where it's applicable (Coolant, Transmission, Transfer Case, Differential and Power Steering)

Penny for your thoughts?

ShaKarz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ShaKarz » November 12th, 2018, 1:13 am

Gday, any D40 owners decat their exhaust, any replacement down pipes available locally?

ShaKarz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ShaKarz » November 12th, 2018, 1:22 am

shade360 wrote:Guys, do your local user manual state this under the recommended fluids and lubricants section or does it just have the API grade listed (as in Page 1 of this thread)?

Diesel engine oil :
API grade CF-4, JAS0 DH-1

Reason I'm asking, according to the JASO Engine Oil Standards, the oil I'm running now is rated as a DH-2 oil and DH-2 should only be used when one or more of the following criteria's are met.

1) Vehicle has a Diesel Particulate Filter (which I do not have)
2) Fuel should be Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (which we do not have, I think)

DH-2.jpg
The Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme I'm using presently and the Amsoil Signature Series I had in before were all DH-2

The only oils I could find that met the exact specifications in the manual, by meeting both standards are:

1) Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 (Not ESP)

2) Amsoil SAE 15W-40 Heavy-Duty Diesel and Marine Oil

3) Shell Rimula R4 X (no other variant of R4)

4) Shell Rimula R6 M (no other variant of R6)

The DH-1 rated oils comprise a higher detergency / sulfated ash content, with a TBN value of 12 and above typically.

Based on how the manual is written, both standards (API & JASO) are to be met, not either/or.
Either/Or scenarios are explicitly stated as such, where it's applicable (Coolant, Transmission, Transfer Case, Differential and Power Steering)

Penny for your thoughts?

Gday, as you correctly stated dh2 oils are for dpf filter to avoid heavy soot clogging the dpf and low sulphur diesel. In Trinidad we have high sulphur, lower cetane diesel and rarely dpf in the exhaust, hence a dh1 spec oil will be better suited, just change at shorter interval about 5k.
I've tried amsoil, valvoline full synthetic on a D40 before, using np ultra now with no issues and is more economic.

Nissan_Man13
Riding on 13's

Postby Nissan_Man13 » November 30th, 2018, 9:13 pm

Anyone ever got a P0089 DTC on a Navara D40?

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”