TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby venum » October 10th, 2012, 11:27 pm

does you vehicle have any a/c parts :?:

bagoking
Riding on 13's

Postby bagoking » October 11th, 2012, 2:36 pm

Only the blower. I need a compressor, condenser, lines, evaporator, dryer.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 11th, 2012, 11:01 pm

not sure where has a crash right now, but given the items that you want, you may have to source it used indeed

if you getting it used, most likely from a crash consider that some parts would be damaged and may cause you more $$$ in chasing repairs

but get a price from King Kool for a new system to compare

won't be OEM so it may be cheaper

bagoking
Riding on 13's

Postby bagoking » October 12th, 2012, 3:12 pm

ok. thanks alot venum

bagoking
Riding on 13's

Postby bagoking » October 12th, 2012, 3:40 pm

Called King Kool. Staff was very helpful. Gonna check them for the entire install. I'm looking for a foreign compressor and evaporator though. Called Bamboo Marketing they have the used compressor for $2800. -_-. Anyone know anywhere else?

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 13th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Changed my battery today

put in a Rocket 860CCA

the old one was teh same Rocket 860CCA

old one still has some life, if anyone wants it, holla 782-8594

+ve on the right side of the batery

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » October 13th, 2012, 7:41 pm

^^just out of curiosity, how long did the old one last, and how much was a new one?
also, can anyone help address this?:
tourniquet wrote:In more pressing news, I've noticed with our sportero that the steering feels strangely notchy; even when parked and switched off, there's slight play. I'll have have it looked at soon, but could anyone at least let me know what to expect to change/ repair :?:

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 16th, 2012, 5:15 pm

I changed the old one at 19 months

it is working fine, but started to show signs of pending failure

slight hard start when parked for long periods (overnight, evenings)

and I forgot my fogs on last week all day which completely drained it

had to start with another battery and swap it in - yes boys and girls, you can start your 4M41 DiD with one battery and swap another in while the engine is running and not have any sensor issues - it's been done

once it recharged it was back to normal

as for your steering play . . . how much play we talking :?:

FilterProz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FilterProz » October 19th, 2012, 9:57 pm

L200 men.... well from the looks of this pic i Have to say L200 ladies and men LOL :lol:
Attachments
269486_489696821063969_1920601133_n.jpg
269486_489696821063969_1920601133_n.jpg (16.36 KiB) Viewed 5623 times

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » October 20th, 2012, 7:07 am

Toyopet wrote:
venum wrote:I hate that rear windshield window

it robs storage space behind the rear seatback

I don't have it thank God

I have a sub box with 2 x 8" Kickers, my wheel spanner and jack, a bag of cargo straps, a mag light and a 2 foot DC work light in mine

i think they stop bringing the 3.2L

sorry guys but I won't buy a new long bed over the 4x4 short bed

i like my sunroof, great fro evening and early morning drives

I don't mind the rear windshield window, its kind of convenient when you have a cooler in the tray.

I don't see my old lady putting in a box there, the only change to the truck may be some rims and MT tyres. I was really looking forward to the sunroof though :x

I've never driven the 3.2L so I can't compare the power but if anyone has the numbers feel free to share here plz. They did stop bringing the 3.2 in DM, although I don't know if any of the roro places still have the Triton

I dynoed my 3.2 when it was stock at 123 wheel hp. It translates to somewhere around 150 bhp. Torque stock is supposed to be 350 ft lbs (limited because of the automatic transmission, the manual has 400, and 160 bhp).
The high output 2.5 is supposed to be 187 bhp, which should be around 140ish wheel hp. Not sure of the torque figures.

The rear windshield comes in handy for me carrying long items in the tray and I don't want it sticking out (don't have a roll bar).

On another note, can the load tie downs on the side of the basic L200 be installed on the Sportero?

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » October 20th, 2012, 7:58 am

The alarm diamond installed on a 3.2 sportero giving some trouble. The alarm arming but the doors not locking. Is this a problem with remote or a problem with wiring?

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 20th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Val wrote:On another note, can the load tie downs on the side of the basic L200 be installed on the Sportero?

steups

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » October 20th, 2012, 7:00 pm

Man it's either that or I install u-bolts on the top of the roll n lock.

I had issues with my Clifford as well, I have since replaced it with a Viper. Your issue sounds like the power lock solenoid, which is inside the driver's door behind the upholstery. I had to replace mine, you can get generic ones fitted by any alarm dealer (but of course you would void your "warranty").

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » October 20th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Val wrote:Man it's either that or I install u-bolts on the top of the roll n lock.

I had issues with my Clifford as well, I have since replaced it with a Viper. Your issue sounds like the power lock solenoid, which is inside the driver's door behind the upholstery. I had to replace mine, you can get generic ones fitted by any alarm dealer (but of course you would void your "warranty").

The blue thingy? The warranty is up on the van so it's not a problem. Thanks for the info!

catalan24
Street 2NR

Postby catalan24 » October 20th, 2012, 11:22 pm

DVSTT wrote:
Val wrote:Man it's either that or I install u-bolts on the top of the roll n lock.

The blue thingy? The warranty is up on the van so it's not a problem. Thanks for the info!

^^yea it's called a door actuator, most electronic places or alarm dealers will have it.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » October 22nd, 2012, 7:42 pm

venum wrote:

I'd say it's just off by a few degrees, but enough for me to notice it when I drove it. I'm actually leaning to believe it might be the ball joint, but I'll get it check out this week and update accordingly.
As for DVSTT, catalan24 has it correct, it's the actuator; I believe we had the same issue with ours :? Before you get it changed though, is your central locking working, and also, when you press your alarm to arm/ disarm do you hear anything coming from your passenger door? The thing is, your actuator might still be working, however, if the dealership's installers did a slipshod work on yours as with ours, it could just mean the arm connecting the actuator to the central lock might have just slipped off :roll:

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » October 24th, 2012, 6:31 pm

tourniquet wrote:
venum wrote:

I'd say it's just off by a few degrees, but enough for me to notice it when I drove it. I'm actually leaning to believe it might be the ball joint, but I'll get it check out this week and update accordingly.
As for DVSTT, catalan24 has it correct, it's the actuator; I believe we had the same issue with ours :? Before you get it changed though, is your central locking working, and also, when you press your alarm to arm/ disarm do you hear anything coming from your passenger door? The thing is, your actuator might still be working, however, if the dealership's installers did a slipshod work on yours as with ours, it could just mean the arm connecting the actuator to the central lock might have just slipped off :roll:

Had time to check it today after school. Yes the central locking does work and I do hear a noise from driver door when I arm and disarm the alarm. How do I fix the arm? I will try and open the upholstery tomorrow If I have time

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » October 24th, 2012, 7:59 pm

when you open it up, if I remember correctly, you should see an arm which is supposed to connect your actuator to your central locking system's cable. Now because of the kinda ratch job that was done when the alarm was installed on ours at the firm, the connector kept falling out whenever we went on a real bumpy road.
I say open it up and check and see how things look in there, who knows, yours might be a quick fix.

ingenic89
Ricer

Postby ingenic89 » October 27th, 2012, 11:04 am

hey guys... im having an issue with my k74... recently had to change glow plugs as it became tremendously difficult to start on mornings... BUT it wasn't that simple... when the mechanic was taking them out, one got crossthreaded and broke in there... had to then take out the engine head to get the threading re-done at a machine shop as it was stripped badly. Bought new cylinder head gasket from DM. However after everything was put together again... some issues started

1. prior tothe work done- when driving my temperature guage would go up just below the half mark and basically stay there. now the temperature goes up only until the cold mark and if i exceed 3000 rpm it rapidly goes up to around the half mark, and then rapidly goes back down to cold as soon as i decrease to around 2500

2. the coolant from the radiator slowly goes into the overflow and does not recirculate back into the rad, if i drive for about 300km's the overflow bottle would be full... with bubbles seen coming up... so i usually have to refill the radiator from the overflow about twice a week. sometimes however if i open to check rad on mornings after driving the day before (engine very cold) the radiator literally spews like a volcano- COLD!

The mechanic adamant that is not the head gasket, cause it new and he 'put up everything good' he told me buy new cover- which i did. now he's saying change the thermostat. now i agree the thermostat could cause the first issue... but i seriously doubt the thermostat could cause the coolant to spew out of a cold rad. could it? there is no oil in water or water in oil though. anyone ever had this problem? any suggestions? somebody? anybody?!....

firaz25
Riding on 13's

Postby firaz25 » October 30th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Hey Guys,

The timing belt burst on me while i was driving. So you know my engine gone
Any idea where i can get engine parts for the l200 sportero.
Only had the van for about 2months now

ryanm
Street 2NR

Postby ryanm » October 30th, 2012, 7:51 pm

someone told me that the sportero engines ie the 16 valve with the lower compression ratio 17:1 are of the non-interference type. Haven't conformed this yet though. If it is true then all that needs to be done is to replace the belts and tensioners.

When i looked through the bamboo all i found were the old school 4D56 non-intercooled turbo engines.

Wish you luck.

firaz25
Riding on 13's

Postby firaz25 » October 30th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Thanks for your help.

This one carries 4D56 DID Common Rail Twin CAM.

Diamond doh stock parts, which is soo lame and finding engine parts is so hard.
Some one told me that Barbados may have parts?

ryanm
Street 2NR

Postby ryanm » October 30th, 2012, 8:08 pm

what kinda parts do you need?

firaz25
Riding on 13's

Postby firaz25 » October 30th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Tmr i would know for sure.

so far valves, pistons and tmr the list will get longer

ryanm
Street 2NR

Postby ryanm » October 30th, 2012, 8:16 pm

sheit :shock:

when the older 8 valve throws a belt is only the rockers break.
And is just to change dat an you good again.(belts an tensioner to change of course)
No bent valves cuz d piston flat an strikes the valve parallel to the bottom.
Fixed three engines like this and they all still working today.

firaz25
Riding on 13's

Postby firaz25 » October 30th, 2012, 8:22 pm

tmr i would know the full extent of the damage. some of the prices i hearing is sooo ridiculous waww!

3NE 2NR for life

Postby 0001 » October 31st, 2012, 7:25 pm

i would recommend that you contact FilterProz at 708-1924 (Ryan)

He can get any mitsubishi part and his prices are unbeatable from what i have seen.

i am doing business with him constantly and his parts are ALL original

catalan24
Street 2NR

Postby catalan24 » November 1st, 2012, 8:17 am

firaz26....I saw a guy have an engine and tranny for a sportero for sale, good luck with price though..here is the link....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=468623&hilit=Mitsubishi+sportero

FilterProz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FilterProz » November 1st, 2012, 10:36 am

firaz25 wrote:Thanks for your help.

This one carries 4D56 DID Common Rail Twin CAM.

Diamond doh stock parts, which is soo lame and finding engine parts is so hard.
Some one told me that Barbados may have parts?

Hey Firaz,

I have all the 4d56 sportero filters and belts in stock it cost roughly around 1400 to 1500 for all belts AC, power steering , timing and balancer belt. All genuine Mitsubishi. I am sold out on tensioners and pulleys this setup uses two pulley and a timing arm .. cost around 700-800 for all but sold out...I can get Mitsubishi cylinder head and other parts...should have changed those belts bro would have saved you time and money...

Let me know if i can help you...

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » November 1st, 2012, 8:07 pm

a complete engine may be ridiculously priced, so u may want to repair yours

simpson motors barbados or Filter Proz would have affordable parts

what mileage was the van doing when the belt burst :?:

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”