TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
ronsin1
punchin NOS

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby ronsin1 » January 23rd, 2013, 1:39 pm

catalan24 wrote:
kkallicharan wrote:
chote wrote:
I gettin this noise in my automatic tcx l200...aint even reach 10000km in it yet.....it kinda annoying. also my leaf springs squeaking like hell....bad first impression for 1st time mitsu owner. everytin else is great though.....jus those two things. actually gonna see Mohammed in south DM in morning to see if i cud get this checked

^^Also have a TCX L200, and experiencing those squeaking leaf springs as well, but nothing else, otherwise it rides perfectly fine and performance is great.

Went and complained the other day about it
All the Service department will do is adjust the U bolts and lubricate between them per the direction from Mitsubishi.

The guy came right out and said it is a design issue by Mitsubishi as the clamps in other vehicles such as Toyota have a rubber in between.

Service Advisor told me he is looking into something else or a way to incorporate a rubber to the clamp so it looks original and not made up.

Hamtonic
Ricer

Postby Hamtonic » January 23rd, 2013, 3:19 pm

Hey guys need to find a new supplier who has bess prices on redline diesel treatment and amsol diesel concentrate?

kkallicharan
Street 2NR

Postby kkallicharan » January 23rd, 2013, 6:40 pm

@catalan 24.....i went to DM south to a guy named Mohammed. d man rellll helpful. went there with d squeaks n its been over a week now n no squeaks as yet. i tell him bout d rattlin noise i gettin too n he addressed dat too. rell helpful....i suggest u call DM south n ask to talk to him

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 24th, 2013, 8:28 pm

catalan, and other squeeky owners

u have long bed or short bed :?:

do your springs have teflon inserts :?:

u all have leaf springs . . .

. . . news flash: Leaf springs are noisy . . .

live with it 0X

the U bolts usually do not have rubber, as they are more for securing the banjo to the springs

if you want to try something, try placing some material between the individual lifts and greasing the shackles as well as some lithium grease between the individual lifts

Hamtonic
Ricer

Postby Hamtonic » January 24th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Guys anyone ever have any issues with the solenoid actuators for their doors....mt driver's side actuator making a strange noise everytime it locks the doors.

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » January 25th, 2013, 7:31 am

Yea I had to change mine already. Others have had to as well, on the driver's side. You can get a generic one from any car alarm installer.

Mohammed in Diamond Motors is probably the most helpful person I've met in DM.

That Lithium grease looks so messy, also the grease they use. The best grease to use would be a chain lubricant, or one for wire rope. Designed to operate in low speed dusty and wet environments.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 25th, 2013, 10:13 am

^^^ ditto on the chain grease

the Lithium grease is only messy when initially applied

after a day or 2 it is hardly noticeable to teh eyes, but very noticeable to teh ears

it does not attract much dust as well

never had any issues with my actuators

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » January 25th, 2013, 10:42 am

Hamtonic wrote:Guys anyone ever have any issues with the solenoid actuators for their doors....mt driver's side actuator making a strange noise everytime it locks the doors.

Yup, the arm falls out after a while and you have to put it back in place. If all your door locks not locking when you lock the driver side door, this is probably the problem.

Hamtonic
Ricer

Postby Hamtonic » January 25th, 2013, 7:39 pm

@ DVSTT checked the arm it's ok.....but it's a grinding noise i'm getting from the actuator itself....may need to chnage mine soon....

Anyone knows who sells then and bess price?

Thanks.

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » January 26th, 2013, 7:22 am

Val wrote:Yea I had to change mine already. Others have had to as well, on the driver's side. You can get a generic one from any car alarm installer.

Mohammed in Diamond Motors is probably the most helpful person I've met in DM.

That Lithium grease looks so messy, also the grease they use. The best grease to use would be a chain lubricant, or one for wire rope. Designed to operate in low speed dusty and wet environments.

X2 on Mohammed real customer service oriented as well as his Boss
everybody else is just mediocre.

acmilan11
3NE 2NR for life

Postby acmilan11 » January 26th, 2013, 1:55 pm

is this guy from the south branch..or does he be in POS also? cuz I service in POS.

catalan24
Street 2NR

Postby catalan24 » January 26th, 2013, 10:56 pm

venum wrote:catalan, and other squeeky owners

u have long bed or short bed :?:

do your springs have teflon inserts :?:

u all have leaf springs . . .

. . . news flash: Leaf springs are noisy . . .

It's the short tray I have, but considering that I had a 2008 manual sportero before and hardly ever had this kinda sqeekiness, was really wondering what is the cause for this model?

live with it 0X

the U bolts usually do not have rubber, as they are more for securing the banjo to the springs

if you want to try something, try placing some material between the individual lifts and greasing the shackles as well as some lithium grease between the individual lifts

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » January 27th, 2013, 7:25 am

acmilan11 wrote:is this guy from the south branch..or does he be in POS also? cuz I service in POS.

South Branch only

Hamtonic
Ricer

Postby Hamtonic » January 27th, 2013, 7:44 am

Ditto with regards to Mohammed from DM south he's one of the rear examples of great customer service in Trinidad. He definatly goes the extra bit to help the customer out.

So the actuator finally failed lastnight and now the alarm won't lock any of the doors (I'm assuming since the actuator won't lock the driver's door the central locking won't activate to lock the rest). Gonna switch the actuator from a another door and put it on the driver's door to make sure that's the problem and if it is gonna need to get/find an actuator on Monday. For now it's locking the doors the old fashion way with the keys. It times like these you realise just how much convience modern tech allows you.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 27th, 2013, 8:32 am

^ ^ ^ Ditto

That happened to my CK2 years ago

Turned out to be the key barrel, changed it and it was all good

Ever so often it is good to use your keys in the locks to make sure they turn so in an emergency where u lock the key with alarm remote inside, the spare can open the door

Oh, and Mohammed is the man in DM south

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » January 27th, 2013, 12:37 pm

did my bimonthly fuel filter change today, took some pics, here is the write up for those interested. Took me roughly about 15-20mins.
Make sure vehicle is off, get a 12 socket, flat head and filter wrench.
1) Remove both rubber fuel hoses

expect some diesel spillage, keep a cloth close by.

2) Unplug the water sensor clips. The first white clip in the pic, i use a small flat head and gently press it down and pull the plug out, for the second black clip in the pics, its a lift type, so i gently lift the lever up and pull the plug out, dont lift or press to hard as they break easily.

3) Get your 12 socket or spanner and crack those 2 nuts on the housing the holds down the pump, then lift it out, the pump and the filter should come out completely.

4)Now those that are not refilling the new filter to the top with the Amsoil diesel concentrate, you should have a clean container to pour out the diesel fuel from the old filter to reuse in the new filter, I normally refill to the top with red line so i just tilt the return line a bit and drain out the old diesel fuel stored in the filter. When thats done, here comes the pain in the ass part. If you dont have a vice grip or something sturdy to hold the pump or filter you gonna catch royal ass to open the water seperator cover at the bottom and to unscrew the fuel filter from the fuel pump. First time with my first diesel vehicle, I didnt have a vice grip so I got my brother to hold on to it while i tried to unscrew it, we cursed and cried and ripped our skin and swore never to do this without the right tools, we finally got it open lol. My dad ran a flat head straight through the old filter and we unscrewed it like opening a tap lol. Its only difficult because mechanics use tools to tighten it and dont add oil plus most people change their diesel filters every 6 to 8 months so it kindda seizes. Anyway a month after I got a vice grip and it was smooth from there on out. Or do like my neighbor and screw it back down to a work bench and crack it open.

5) Now unscrew the filter from the fuel pump

6) new filter time, pic below is the filter i have been using and some of the tools I use to unscrew the water separator and the fuel filter

7) The new filter comes with a new replacement rubber ring for the water separator, remove the old one and replace with new, and screw it back into the new filter, hand tighten, put some muscle into it.

8) Next, my own procedure, no need to follow. I full it right up with only the best diesel concentrate money can buy, Amsoil baby :) others might prefer to refill with the diesel fuel you drained earlier from the old filter.

9) Add some oil to the rubber ring seal, NOT A LOT, just a slight skim over the entire rubber. I just put like 2 drops from the cover and use my index finger to rub it around

10) Finally screw on back the fuel pump (hand tighten), reinstall (2 12 nuts, white clip, black clip and 2 rubber hoses).
They start priming the pump (pumping, see second pic), I pump it till it gets hard, normally a little over 100 pumps, dont worry, it goes by quickly. Then start her up, might need to hold a slightly higher rev for a bit, no need to rev it out. Once the idle settles in, check your install for leaks. Thats it.

Changing the Fuel filter on the triton is pretty easy and straight forward. Changing the filter on my hilux sr5 was a pain in the ass, so doing it bi monthly on the triton is barely a hassle for me.

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » January 27th, 2013, 1:49 pm

excellent

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » January 27th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Very nice tutorial Trac! That amsoil treatment works wonders, never see black smoke from the exhaust in our van! But why not use OEM filter?

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » January 27th, 2013, 6:10 pm

DVSTT wrote:Very nice tutorial Trac! That amsoil treatment works wonders, never see black smoke from the exhaust in our van!

X2
thanks for posting man 8-)

DVSTT wrote:But why not use OEM filter?

you see the price on the box? @ $40 he could change the filter about 10 times if you get it from outside the firm, or 20 times if you get it from the firm :roll: :lol:
plus, nothing wrong with sakura, as long as you get the proper filter that's actually made for your truck (you would think that you be a given, but people get sold incorrect filters all the time :? )

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » January 27th, 2013, 9:17 pm

DVSTT, torniquet is correct, I use Sakura diesel filter for 2 reasons
1) I change my diesel filter every 2 months. Its cheap enough for me to afford to do that with the Sakura filters at $40

2)I've been using Sakura filters for years in my diesel vehicles without problems since I found out that Sakura Japan supplies Toyota Japan with air and diesel filters and Toyota rebrands them. Toyota does not have an inhouse filter factory.

Bear in mind tho that there is a Sakura imitation which is made in Pakistan. Its on their website, the place I buy my filters they are aware of it and only sell and supply the authentic Sakura japan filters. My air filter is oem mitsubishi tho as I only change it at the recommended mileage.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 28th, 2013, 12:05 am

Excellent write up Trac

tourniquet wrote:nothing wrong with sakura, as long as you get the proper filter that's actually made for your truck (you would think that you be a given, but people get sold incorrect filters all the time :? )

Very true

Sakura is great stuff, used in both Lancers and the previous K74

the FC-1001 that you are using though is for the older, direct injection 4D56 engines

parts places brand them for all L200\L300, but the correct for the 4D56 DiD and 4M41 DiD is the FC-1104

I am a bit opposite to you in teh maintenance,

I use Sakura air filters and change regularly and OEM fuel filters and change every oil change

recommended mileage according to the service manual for the fuel filter is 20,000km

but i do it earlier, given the shiet quality diesel we get

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » January 28th, 2013, 10:53 am

whats the part number on the sakura air filter?

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 28th, 2013, 11:04 am

A-1517

the one with the extra bit of gauze on it

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » January 29th, 2013, 3:08 pm

thanks man, noted

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » January 30th, 2013, 1:07 am

AllTrac wrote:
2)I've been using Sakura filters for years in my diesel vehicles without problems since I found out that Sakura Japan supplies Toyota Japan with air and diesel filters and Toyota rebrands them. Toyota does not have an inhouse filter factory.

Dude r u sure about that? Toyota uses Denso oil and air filters.

FilterProz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FilterProz » January 30th, 2013, 10:47 am

AllTrac wrote:DVSTT, torniquet is correct, I use Sakura diesel filter for 2 reasons
1) I change my diesel filter every 2 months. Its cheap enough for me to afford to do that with the Sakura filters at $40

Bear in mind tho that there is a Sakura imitation which is made in Pakistan. Its on their website, the place I buy my filters they are aware of it and only sell and supply the authentic Sakura japan filters. My air filter is oem mitsubishi tho as I only change it at the recommended mileage.

All my genuine Toyota filters are denso...

Never seen a sakura toyota filter ...

Also the hilux even though from thailand works on the rav 4 as well oil filter that is...

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » January 31st, 2013, 6:48 am

FilterProz wrote:
AllTrac wrote:DVSTT, torniquet is correct, I use Sakura diesel filter for 2 reasons

All my genuine Toyota filters are denso...

Never seen a sakura toyota filter ...

Also the hilux even though from thailand works on the rav 4 as well oil filter that is...

Sakura being a filter distributor for toyota japan was established a long time ago on the mr2 board by an american mr2 owner who temporarily worked for sakura japan while living and studying there.
I have bought many OEM filters for my mr2 and some were sakura, fuel and air were denso, other times there were no indication of the actual factory on the packaging except "Toyota"

just as ive bought many oem o2 sensors for my past starlet and ma70 supra, some were bosch others were denso. I guess they change suppliers from time to time, ofcourse i could be wrong.

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » February 3rd, 2013, 11:41 am

yesterday I had got thee EGR clean and had the alignment done and also rotated the tires

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » February 3rd, 2013, 2:38 pm

^ ^ ^ you feeling any difference in power :?:

acmilan11
3NE 2NR for life

Postby acmilan11 » February 3rd, 2013, 4:17 pm

ronsin1 wrote:yesterday I had got thee EGR clean and had the alignment done and also rotated the tires

Did the company do it for you? Or someone outside?
Last edited by acmilan11 on February 3rd, 2013, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”