TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
skip
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: July 25th, 2014, 9:01 am

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby skip » October 19th, 2015, 11:28 am

fellas,

looking for a tray cover for the curve tray sportero....any suggestions???

thx

Advertisement
User avatar
theevilonereborn
Street 2NR
Posts: 67
Joined: August 29th, 2009, 1:57 pm
Location: arima
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby theevilonereborn » October 28th, 2015, 5:28 pm

Have a L200 Sportero 2008 model 4wd, looking for a 3rd and 4th gear synchronizer hub and sleeve assemble. Not finding that part anywhere. Any one can help?

dyne
Street 2NR
Posts: 48
Joined: June 11th, 2008, 12:55 pm

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby dyne » November 2nd, 2015, 10:07 am

Hey guys need some direction to where i can get the transmission filter to buy for the V4A4A transmission ?
PM or 724-6747.

User avatar
scoobert_doo
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 296
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 5:46 pm
Location: P.O.S

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby scoobert_doo » November 7th, 2015, 7:17 am

Hi everyone..... I'm looking for someone who can repair my k74 l200 suspension.... Lots of noises and my present mechanic not really familiar with it. I'm also looking for a roll bar for the back and the original bull bar for the front.

r23b
Riding on 13's
Posts: 8
Joined: March 22nd, 2010, 9:57 am

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby r23b » November 11th, 2015, 9:40 am

Good day, anyone know where I can get a indicator/headlight switch for the 2008 Sportero?
The firm is currently out of stock and none on back order.

User avatar
scoobert_doo
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 296
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 5:46 pm
Location: P.O.S

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby scoobert_doo » November 12th, 2015, 5:25 pm

is it possible to move the oil cooler on the k74? id like to move mine from the front of the condenser and put it lower......if possible with an aftermarket oil cooler, id appreciate any help or information.

User avatar
Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 785
Joined: July 20th, 2008, 10:45 pm
Location: On the road
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby Toyopet » November 15th, 2015, 3:58 pm

scoobert_doo wrote:is it possible to move the oil cooler on the k74? id like to move mine from the front of the condenser and put it lower......if possible with an aftermarket oil cooler, id appreciate any help or information.


I don't see why not. Jus lt make sure the new location has enough airflow

User avatar
scoobert_doo
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 296
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 5:46 pm
Location: P.O.S

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby scoobert_doo » November 16th, 2015, 4:07 pm

Anyone know where I can purchase the internal fuse box for the 2004 l200, I really only need the etac module that goes on the back of it, mine has gone bad and my central locking has gone buggy, and I don't feel like wiring relays in my doors. ... But I doubt I'll get it to buy alone... Any information would be a big help.

User avatar
$RuffRyder$
Riding on 13's
Posts: 11
Joined: November 8th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby $RuffRyder$ » November 19th, 2015, 11:48 pm

Good Day Tuners,
I have a 2007 L200 Sportero of which i'm experiencing a long tumble when i'm starting the vehicle. When i start the vehicle especially in the morning it sometimes tumbles for 5-10 seconds before starting. It's due for a tune up and the mileage is very high (approx. 250k). I am not sure if those attributes have any contribution to this "tough" start but any info or advice on this topic would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 785
Joined: July 20th, 2008, 10:45 pm
Location: On the road
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby Toyopet » November 25th, 2015, 1:23 pm

$RuffRyder$ wrote:Good Day Tuners,
I have a 2007 L200 Sportero of which i'm experiencing a long tumble when i'm starting the vehicle. When i start the vehicle especially in the morning it sometimes tumbles for 5-10 seconds before starting. It's due for a tune up and the mileage is very high (approx. 250k). I am not sure if those attributes have any contribution to this "tough" start but any info or advice on this topic would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.


It could be the glow plugs. Any smoke?

User avatar
$RuffRyder$
Riding on 13's
Posts: 11
Joined: November 8th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby $RuffRyder$ » November 30th, 2015, 9:37 pm

Toyopet wrote:
$RuffRyder$ wrote:Good Day Tuners,
I have a 2007 L200 Sportero of which i'm experiencing a long tumble when i'm starting the vehicle. When i start the vehicle especially in the morning it sometimes tumbles for 5-10 seconds before starting. It's due for a tune up and the mileage is very high (approx. 250k). I am not sure if those attributes have any contribution to this "tough" start but any info or advice on this topic would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.


It could be the glow plugs. Any smoke?


There is a puff of white smoke when started especially for the first time in the morning.

User avatar
VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12985
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 10:23 am
Location: ���

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 30th, 2015, 10:00 pm

got a long crank similar to the glow plug diagnosis when my battery was on its way out.

User avatar
BlackOps2
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 104
Joined: October 14th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby BlackOps2 » November 30th, 2015, 10:23 pm

Hey guys, anyone know where i can get a l200 sportero emblem?

karlos
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 137
Joined: January 13th, 2010, 9:10 pm
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby karlos » December 1st, 2015, 12:05 am

Good day fellow tuners I have a k74t and I'm experiencing an overheat when I turn on the ac , new clutch fan, water pump and radiator shroud is on but thermostat is out and the top hose gets hard but I don't lose any water nor does it bubble . Head shaved and replaced gasket this year as well as radiator was cleaned .

User avatar
speedaholic
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 2105
Joined: June 27th, 2008, 12:30 am
Location: Kelly Village
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby speedaholic » December 1st, 2015, 4:12 pm

is your a/c condenser fan working?

karlos
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 137
Joined: January 13th, 2010, 9:10 pm
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby karlos » December 1st, 2015, 5:21 pm

Yes it is , also if I go onto the highway keeping it at around 2,000rpm in fifth temps will start rising

west94
Riding on 13's
Posts: 4
Joined: May 7th, 2014, 10:18 am

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby west94 » December 29th, 2015, 7:49 am

Hey Karlos, I had a similar problem. My radiator core had a very small leak. So the van would only over heat when the pressure built real high. Which wasn't very often. You should pressure test it. It's a cheap way to eliminate that idea

crock101
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 220
Joined: July 8th, 2010, 11:54 am

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby crock101 » December 31st, 2015, 3:31 pm

i'm looking a 2007 sprortero clock spring , anybody know who sells it ?

User avatar
Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 785
Joined: July 20th, 2008, 10:45 pm
Location: On the road
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby Toyopet » January 1st, 2016, 4:25 pm

It might be a good idea to look online, try eBay UK. Or give Diamond a call

tjaiscott
Ricer
Posts: 26
Joined: May 5th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby tjaiscott » January 2nd, 2016, 4:28 pm

Hey i have a leak on my van. Can anyone tell me what this part is? And is it safe to drive?
Attachments
1451766581588.jpg

Cen-Serv Ltd
Street 2NR
Posts: 51
Joined: December 1st, 2015, 11:10 pm

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby Cen-Serv Ltd » January 2nd, 2016, 6:07 pm

Hello
I am looking for an engine service manual for the mitsubishi 4M40 DiD. (3.2 sportero)
Can anyone assist?

User avatar
nismaniac
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 801
Joined: August 11th, 2003, 11:37 am
Location: Home.........

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby nismaniac » January 3rd, 2016, 11:35 am

tjaiscott wrote:Hey i have a leak on my van. Can anyone tell me what this part is? And is it safe to drive?



I have that exact leak on mines...ignoring it for now but suspecting dirty egr. Awaiting response from the Gurus

User avatar
gtr_fever
Street 2NR
Posts: 43
Joined: April 10th, 2008, 11:35 am

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby gtr_fever » January 6th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Thats the EGR valve. This happens when the valve is clogged up badly and under pressure the gunk liquifies and seeps through. I will suggest a cleaning soon...you will see considerable performance improvements and less stress on your engine

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 290
Joined: July 11th, 2007, 2:35 am

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby kriticalkase » January 6th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Genboyz, I think the 3.2 Sportero has a 4M41 engine. Hope I ain't wrong.

User avatar
nismaniac
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 801
Joined: August 11th, 2003, 11:37 am
Location: Home.........

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby nismaniac » January 7th, 2016, 3:15 pm

gtr_fever wrote:Thats the EGR valve. This happens when the valve is clogged up badly and under pressure the gunk liquifies and seeps through. I will suggest a cleaning soon...you will see considerable performance improvements and less stress on your engine



Isnt there pics somewhere in this thread on how to clean, anyone know what page.

EDIT: Page 20 thanks Trac

User avatar
nismaniac
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 801
Joined: August 11th, 2003, 11:37 am
Location: Home.........

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby nismaniac » January 17th, 2016, 12:34 pm

Can anyone tell what is the approximate cost to change timing belt and where in South. Also where to get belts at a reasonable price.

User avatar
Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 785
Joined: July 20th, 2008, 10:45 pm
Location: On the road
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby Toyopet » January 17th, 2016, 1:48 pm

nismaniac wrote:Can anyone tell what is the approximate cost to change timing belt and where in South. Also where to get belts at a reasonable price.


I'd recommend the firm for parts. Change the belts, tensioner, pulleys and seals. That's about just under $4,000 in parts at DM

User avatar
nismaniac
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 801
Joined: August 11th, 2003, 11:37 am
Location: Home.........

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby nismaniac » January 18th, 2016, 9:23 am

Toyopet wrote:
nismaniac wrote:Can anyone tell what is the approximate cost to change timing belt and where in South. Also where to get belts at a reasonable price.


I'd recommend the firm for parts. Change the belts, tensioner, pulleys and seals. That's about just under $4,000 in parts at DM



WOW thats just parts....anywhere else? what is approximate labour
thanks

User avatar
Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 785
Joined: July 20th, 2008, 10:45 pm
Location: On the road
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby Toyopet » January 18th, 2016, 3:48 pm

nismaniac wrote:
Toyopet wrote:
nismaniac wrote:Can anyone tell what is the approximate cost to change timing belt and where in South. Also where to get belts at a reasonable price.


I'd recommend the firm for parts. Change the belts, tensioner, pulleys and seals. That's about just under $4,000 in parts at DM



WOW thats just parts....anywhere else? what is approximate labour
thanks


Considering it may be the single most important piece of maintenance, it's worth it to go genuine. Labour may be about $1000-$1500.

You do not want this belt to fail on you.

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6752
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby DVSTT » January 18th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Toyopet wrote:
nismaniac wrote:
Toyopet wrote:
nismaniac wrote:Can anyone tell what is the approximate cost to change timing belt and where in South. Also where to get belts at a reasonable price.




I'd recommend the firm for parts. Change the belts, tensioner, pulleys and seals. That's about just under $4,000 in parts at DM



WOW thats just parts....anywhere else? what is approximate labour
thanks


Considering it may be the single most important piece of maintenance, it's worth it to go genuine. Labour may be about $1000-$1500.

You do not want this belt to fail on you.


Marud marketers in marabella had the belts for dad's van, genuine Mitsubishi. Not sure about the pulleys and seals.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests