TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
User avatar
speedaholic
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 2105
Joined: June 27th, 2008, 12:30 am
Location: Kelly Village
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby speedaholic » August 3rd, 2010, 11:42 pm

V thats the same mix i did... thats is perfect...

Advertisement
User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5938
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby venum » August 4th, 2010, 8:23 pm

RNR66 wrote:I use $15 Kerosene to a full tank and get good results...


the godfather of the Diesel Boyz still passin thru here :?:

Reynold good to see a post from you pal . . .

I went today to put the kero, but all was sold out, so next fill up or in a couple days when the full tank drops a lil bit to take teh kero

navin19
Riding on 13's
Posts: 2
Joined: August 5th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby navin19 » August 5th, 2010, 10:05 pm

LOOKING FOR THE 4D56 GEARBOX FOR THE L200 4X4 TURBO, MECHANIC SAY CLUSTER BEARING BAD. COULD THIS BE REPAIRED.

User avatar
lighthammer
punchin NOS
Posts: 4521
Joined: April 15th, 2010, 2:35 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby lighthammer » August 7th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Guys,

My dad's L200 K34 clutch pedal is engaging way low to the floor. It's not slipping, it engages properly into gear but just engaging low down.

Would the clutch plate and master cylinder have to be changed, or just the master cylinder?

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5938
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby venum » August 7th, 2010, 8:10 pm

I would change teh master cylinder seals first and see if that sorts it out as that is a cheaper and easier fix

if is teh pressure plate then that is more expensive and a longer process
Last edited by venum on August 8th, 2010, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lighthammer
punchin NOS
Posts: 4521
Joined: April 15th, 2010, 2:35 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby lighthammer » August 7th, 2010, 8:39 pm

^^Cheers buddy.

User avatar
madman2961
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 243
Joined: March 5th, 2006, 8:56 am
Location: Tunapuna

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby madman2961 » August 9th, 2010, 3:52 pm

lighthammer wrote:Guys,

My dad's L200 K34 clutch pedal is engaging way low to the floor. It's not slipping, it engages properly into gear but just engaging low down.

Would the clutch plate and master cylinder have to be changed, or just the master cylinder?



i know that i am very late but if you have not checked the mechanic and sorted out the problem yet then i may be of assistance.

does it have fluid in the reservoir?
is it going staying at the same level when you pump?
is the pedal returning up inline with the brakes like it normally does?

if the answer to all those questions are 'NO' then change the slave cylinder rubber it would cost about $40 at most parts place.

if the answer is 'YES' then the master cylinder rubber need to change it would cost about $80 at most parts place

it cannot be the clutch plate because you said it is not slipping so that means it works fine.

my thought on your problem is the slave cylinder rubber need to change because most of the time the master cylinder return rubber fails and does not release the pressure and causes your the clutch to slip.

User avatar
lighthammer
punchin NOS
Posts: 4521
Joined: April 15th, 2010, 2:35 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby lighthammer » August 9th, 2010, 4:48 pm

^^ thanks a million. Its returning to the default position as normal, and there's fluid in the resevoir that doesn't change levels much - no leaks.

It might very well be the master cylinder rubber, might need to change. Will have to bring the truck to the mechanic for confirmation of the diagnosis and repair.


Thanks very much, much appreciated!

User avatar
ryanm
Street 2NR
Posts: 69
Joined: February 10th, 2007, 4:00 pm
Location: Curepe

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby ryanm » August 9th, 2010, 6:08 pm

$20 kerosene is fine . I usually put it once a month and have experienced no problems. had my k34 for 8 years and now puttin it in te k74.
I even used $25 sometimes. I noted that the foreign used filters have diesel that is the appearance and consistency of kerosene but a little more viscous.
Alos I once read in a nissan manual that for winter it is permissable to use 30% kero in a tank.
So I think you'll be safe.

User avatar
jerry2008
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 129
Joined: December 24th, 2007, 11:27 pm
Location: trinicity
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby jerry2008 » August 9th, 2010, 8:42 pm

how easy is it to put turbo in an non turbo sportero disel

User avatar
ryanm
Street 2NR
Posts: 69
Joined: February 10th, 2007, 4:00 pm
Location: Curepe

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby ryanm » August 10th, 2010, 4:27 pm

not sure with the DiD 4D56 but the n/a 4D56 in the k34 and k74 has a higher compression ration than the turbo version.

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5938
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby venum » August 11th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Thanx ryanm

Madman gave a pretty good troubleshooting guide

The non-turbo KB4T has a 4D56 N/A that is similar to the 4D56 N/A from the K34 and K74

So that N/A KB4T should take a 4D56T from a turbo K34 or K74 easily, mounts may be a slight problem, but nothin a good mech can't sort out.

Easy to find an engine

Good luck finding a 4D56 DiD to transplant

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 290
Joined: July 11th, 2007, 2:35 am

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby kriticalkase » August 13th, 2010, 8:33 pm

hey guys, the following is the part # for the OEM fuel filter for the Sportero 3.2 (4M41)

Mitsubishi #1770A053
Denso # 186100-6080.

Hope this can help in someone getting these filters at a lower cost.

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5938
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby venum » August 13th, 2010, 9:59 pm

great info

I will add it to the first page

check your PM

User avatar
ryanm
Street 2NR
Posts: 69
Joined: February 10th, 2007, 4:00 pm
Location: Curepe

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby ryanm » August 14th, 2010, 7:48 pm

jerry2008 wrote:how easy is it to put turbo in an non turbo sportero disel


venum - I think jerry meant just bolting on a turbo charger on his engine.
I cud be wrong though :?:

User avatar
sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 1913
Joined: April 12th, 2006, 7:53 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby sweeks » August 14th, 2010, 9:01 pm

kriticalkase wrote:hey guys, the following is the part # for the OEM fuel filter for the Sportero 3.2 (4M41)

Mitsubishi #1770A053
Denso # 186100-6080.

Hope this can help in someone getting these filters at a lower cost.


Been working on this ... no luck yet.

User avatar
speedaholic
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 2105
Joined: June 27th, 2008, 12:30 am
Location: Kelly Village
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby speedaholic » August 15th, 2010, 5:24 am

yo guys! i needs to get two lower cradle bolts for my k14.. mines broke on friday when i went in a bigg ass pot whole WASA dig up in curepe.. STEUPS.. one break but i will change both one time... anywhere in couva or environs anyone know i can get this? Special Auto was out of stock... i was not surprized.. they never have anything!

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5938
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby venum » August 17th, 2010, 10:31 pm

ok

so here is the result - the kerosene works :!:

the performance was degraded a bit for hard driving while using the tank with the kero, but afterwards when using a whole tank of plain diesel - it works better than before

now mind you, the performance isn't up to par with that of a new brand engine, but definately better than it was running before

User avatar
lighthammer
punchin NOS
Posts: 4521
Joined: April 15th, 2010, 2:35 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby lighthammer » August 17th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Venum,

How's the smoking and cold starting? Any problems?

User avatar
sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 1913
Joined: April 12th, 2006, 7:53 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby sweeks » August 26th, 2010, 8:28 pm

madman2961 wrote:
lighthammer wrote:Guys,

My dad's L200 K34 clutch pedal is engaging way low to the floor. It's not slipping, it engages properly into gear but just engaging low down.

Would the clutch plate and master cylinder have to be changed, or just the master cylinder?



i know that i am very late but if you have not checked the mechanic and sorted out the problem yet then i may be of assistance.

does it have fluid in the reservoir?
is it going staying at the same level when you pump?
is the pedal returning up inline with the brakes like it normally does?

if the answer to all those questions are 'NO' then change the slave cylinder rubber it would cost about $40 at most parts place.

if the answer is 'YES' then the master cylinder rubber need to change it would cost about $80 at most parts place

it cannot be the clutch plate because you said it is not slipping so that means it works fine.

my thought on your problem is the slave cylinder rubber need to change because most of the time the master cylinder return rubber fails and does not release the pressure and causes your the clutch to slip.


Ques: When the fluid gets black, which rubbers is it that needs changing? (Master or slave).

Or is it that my clutch fluid has absorb moisture from the air over time and needs changing now.

User avatar
l200
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 119
Joined: September 3rd, 2008, 9:45 pm
Location: couva
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby l200 » August 29th, 2010, 12:34 am

Hi V, don't kno if you have these yet, but it is part #'s for the k34 temp sensor and fan blade

The part no is MD005051 and MD050214. (2 pin temperature sensor) by kawal singh also the cooling fan blade # is MD050475, got that by fiaz in marabella.

User avatar
madman2961
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 243
Joined: March 5th, 2006, 8:56 am
Location: Tunapuna

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby madman2961 » August 30th, 2010, 4:00 pm

sweeks wrote:
madman2961 wrote:
lighthammer wrote:Guys,

My dad's L200 K34 clutch pedal is engaging way low to the floor. It's not slipping, it engages properly into gear but just engaging low down.

Would the clutch plate and master cylinder have to be changed, or just the master cylinder?



i know that i am very late but if you have not checked the mechanic and sorted out the problem yet then i may be of assistance.

does it have fluid in the reservoir?
is it going staying at the same level when you pump?
is the pedal returning up inline with the brakes like it normally does?

if the answer to all those questions are 'NO' then change the slave cylinder rubber it would cost about $40 at most parts place.

if the answer is 'YES' then the master cylinder rubber need to change it would cost about $80 at most parts place

it cannot be the clutch plate because you said it is not slipping so that means it works fine.

my thought on your problem is the slave cylinder rubber need to change because most of the time the master cylinder return rubber fails and does not release the pressure and causes your the clutch to slip.


Ques: When the fluid gets black, which rubbers is it that needs changing? (Master or slave).

Or is it that my clutch fluid has absorb moisture from the air over time and needs changing now.


i doubt moisture in the air can do that because i left a bottle of brake fluid open and it stayed the same color i left it. maybe with heat and moisture that could be a reason i doubt though.

do you have dust caps on the master and slave cylinders? that could be a way for it to pick up some impurities.
another thing may be that along the cylinder walls of either master or slave there may be something that may scratch off a bit of the rubbers. this happened to me then i change my slave cylinder and it still clear like two months now.
i did some research about the topic and someone said
'if your getting dark clutch fluid then you should do one of 2 things, either replace the fluid with fresh or replace the slave cylinder.
What is happening is that the slav cylinder is not hard anodized and thus is only bare aluminum that will rub on bare aluminum of the slave piston, this make a fine mix of aluminum and brake fluid, the bad part is that it gets sucked back into your master cylinder, now this mix starts to contaminate your master as well, so after a while of this you will be replacing not only the slave but your master cylinder as well.
'

User avatar
sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 1913
Joined: April 12th, 2006, 7:53 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby sweeks » August 31st, 2010, 11:42 am

Madman this makes good sense. Thanks.

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5938
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby venum » August 31st, 2010, 1:21 pm

l200 wrote:Hi V, don't kno if you have these yet, but it is part #'s for the k34 temp sensor and fan blade

The part no is MD005051 and MD050214. (2 pin temperature sensor) by kawal singh also the cooling fan blade # is MD050475, got that by fiaz in marabella.


added to first page

thanx

User avatar
l200
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 119
Joined: September 3rd, 2008, 9:45 pm
Location: couva
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby l200 » September 5th, 2010, 10:35 pm

hi guys, don't know if you have this already, but here is a link for the 4m41 manual ........

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18423560/4M41-Engine

User avatar
madman2961
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 243
Joined: March 5th, 2006, 8:56 am
Location: Tunapuna

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby madman2961 » September 6th, 2010, 3:37 pm

sweeks wrote:Madman this makes good sense. Thanks.


thanks, just trying to help out and i am sure you all would do the same either for me or any other tuner, be it on the net or face to face

User avatar
jerry2008
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 129
Joined: December 24th, 2007, 11:27 pm
Location: trinicity
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby jerry2008 » September 6th, 2010, 7:51 pm

hey guys i have a L200 2.5 non turbo need some tip on maintenace

mbs96
Riding on 13's
Posts: 3
Joined: September 9th, 2010, 3:25 pm

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby mbs96 » September 15th, 2010, 7:49 pm

For you information: KB4T
Front shocks: MR992320
Unable to find KYB or other reference. Available at MASKA none at firm.

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5938
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby venum » September 15th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Good news fellas

Shell Rimula is now available in a full synthetic blend

great oils just got greater - Shell Rimula R6

Shell changed the name and look of all their offerings in Diesel oils and introduced 1 new one - the R6

I am a Shell man - running Shell in the L200 and Lancer (and previous Lancers)

User avatar
speedaholic
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 2105
Joined: June 27th, 2008, 12:30 am
Location: Kelly Village
Contact:

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby speedaholic » September 15th, 2010, 11:24 pm

nicee.. will be usin that nex oil change :)

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests