TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TT$1000 ticket for using turbo timer

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

TT$1000 ticket for using turbo timer

Postby venum » December 11th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Fellow diesel brethren,

I was engaged in a conversation today by a gentleman about the legal use of a turbo timer

Sounds silly, but bear with me

The said gentleman was issued a TT$1000.00 ticket by a senior police officer when he activated his turbo timer in his Navara and walked away

According to him, he had pulled up in front a roti shop, parked, removed his keys (activating the turbo timer) and got out of his vehicle, when the officer approached him and charged him for violating Motor Vehicle Act of 2010, section 38(3).

He had a copy of the motor vehicle code and I was able to read it, but really can't remember exactly what it was about - something about parking with the engine idling

I was shocked

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Re: TT$1000 ticket for using turbo timer

Postby lighthammer » December 11th, 2010, 6:45 pm

^^ bullsh!t

Once the vehicle locked and secured, parking brake engaged, lights off, and not blocking traffic or at least is parked properly, police can't issue ticket even if the vehicle idling.

Guy should go to court and contest, as well as make a complaint to the Police Complaints dept. for undue harassment by an officer without justification.

I now install a turbo timer in my Navara this morning, does that mean I should always walk with $1000 to pay for parking it??

Fekking p'leece don't want they 5%, so they getting they christmas bonus by working on commission for tickets issued instead????
But is a common thing for christmas I guess... eedyat p'leece gonna set up speed traps and road blocks and give tickets for every little violation, down to the hand-position on the steering wheel while driving.
Last edited by lighthammer on December 11th, 2010, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » December 11th, 2010, 6:45 pm

the law back then, was against iirc "quiting a running motor vehicle".
unfortunately, it may apply to a vehicle with a turbo-timer. he'd have to show, that he did stop the engine, even though it was still running.
the problem is, who do you take it up with?

page 54 of my copy of the MVRTA. ITEM 3

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » December 11th, 2010, 7:13 pm

damn stupid outdated law...before the officer bring it to the attention of a magistrate that hey loom the world is moving forward in technology and we should make amendments to the law they want to charge u?
let them try that with me, my own came straight from the firm, a factory NAVARA turbo timer and it went through licensing so!!
i will royally F**K them up

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » December 11th, 2010, 8:08 pm

But I now went and installed this in the Navara today...

Me cyah afford to be paying $1000 TTD everytime I turn off my truck....
It's gonna be a blue christmas for lighthammer... me is gwan be poor, while the man keeps riding our backs.

***** maximum emo ******...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Rutless Tiida
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Rutless Tiida » December 11th, 2010, 9:23 pm

Well guys their is a way around it. it is free except costing you 30 seconds or so. Just stay in the driver seat with your seat belt on and wait for the turbo timer to switch off and you are not breaking any law...
Enjoy your turbo vehicle... :)

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » December 11th, 2010, 10:03 pm

^^ RT, that's what I was doing all this time up until I got the turbo timer installed this morning....

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » December 11th, 2010, 10:04 pm

i dont even think most officers know about that cause i park soo many times around police and just jump out and ride out

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » December 12th, 2010, 1:46 am

Yes, u can be charged for leaving ur vehicle unattended. Almost got a ticket for that one already...

Many years ago by an idle popo... :)

Anyway, there are proper parking procedures that you were supposed to follow which involved locking ur vehicle in a gear when u switch off.

It suits me cause i Never believed in trusting in the parking brake alone. In fact, it's unsafe.

mistawheela
Riding on 13's

Postby mistawheela » December 12th, 2010, 11:44 am

I just want to know how much time i should i put on the timer after a 30 min run.

Another thing what is to stop someone from breaking in and going with your vehicle and adding more time to the timer so engine wont switch off ?.

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » December 12th, 2010, 1:25 pm

mistawheela wrote:I just want to know how much time i should i put on the timer after a 30 min run.

Another thing what is to stop someone from breaking in and going with your vehicle and adding more time to the timer so engine wont switch off ?.

Again, depends on the type of running you made Eh...

I will say it again: absolute waste of money...

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » December 14th, 2010, 10:39 am

mistawheela wrote:Another thing what is to stop someone from breaking in and going with your vehicle and adding more time to the timer so engine wont switch off ?.

once ur TT installed properly and carries the FAT function, u can set it on Auto where it reads voltage in most cases and would auto time down,

once ur TT installed properly and carries the H-brake function, the TT is supposed to shut off with the release of the E-brake, preventing someone from adding more time and driving off,

and once u dont have a stolen vehicle to start with, when u switch off and take out the keys from the ignition, the steering wheel will lock, preventing someone from driving off with ur vehicle.

the $1k ticket is pure bullsheit, i will not change my habit, a turbo eh cheap for ah 1KZ...................

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » December 14th, 2010, 10:46 am

droppa wrote:the $1k ticket is pure bullsheit, i will not change my habit, a turbo eh cheap for ah 1KZ...................
how?
bleedingfreak wrote:Anyway, there are proper parking procedures that you were supposed to follow which involved locking ur vehicle in a gear when u switch off.

It suits me cause i Never believed in trusting in the parking brake alone. In fact, it's unsafe.
be prepared to sit in the vehicle, while you allow it to idle, if you're too much in a hurry to drive the vehicle out of boost nearing your destination.
That's so difficult?

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » December 14th, 2010, 6:32 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:i dont even think most officers know about that cause i park soo many times around police and just jump out and ride out

Heheh, i went and park up to a police van by Uncle Sam's bake & shark after we finish the run on sunday, and jump out with the TT beeping away. No sweat at all, dem police was too busy watching the wet bodies on the beach 8-) 8-)

But the law needs to be updated. For some vehicles a turbotimer is necessary, because of the high rpm's and so on.

when u switch off and take out the keys from the ignition, the steering wheel will lock, preventing someone from driving off with ur vehicle.

Maybe the law was made back in the days when there was no steering wheel lock in the car?

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » December 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
droppa wrote:the $1k ticket is pure bullsheit, i will not change my habit, a turbo eh cheap for ah 1KZ...................
how?
bleedingfreak wrote:Anyway, there are proper parking procedures that you were supposed to follow which involved locking ur vehicle in a gear when u switch off.

be prepared to sit in the vehicle, while you allow it to idle, if you're too much in a hurry to drive the vehicle out of boost nearing your destination.
That's so difficult?

Daz wha I saying, how many pol does reach they destination at open throttle, speeding, etc? Unless ur destination is up a big hill.. Heheh

Takes me 5-10 mins to get to my house when I get off the highway, and That is even without traffic. Plus the two minutes to open the gate and close it back...

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » December 14th, 2010, 7:46 pm

droppa wrote:
mistawheela wrote:Another thing what is to stop someone from breaking in and going with your vehicle and adding more time to the timer so engine wont switch off ?.

once ur TT installed properly and carries the FAT function, u can set it on Auto where it reads voltage in most cases and would auto time down,

once ur TT installed properly and carries the H-brake function, the TT is supposed to shut off with the release of the E-brake, preventing someone from adding more time and driving off,

and once u dont have a stolen vehicle to start with, when u switch off and take out the keys from the ignition, the steering wheel will lock, preventing someone from driving off with ur vehicle.

the $1k ticket is pure bullsheit, i will not change my habit, a turbo eh cheap for ah 1KZ...................

Yes mr. Automatic ... :twisted:

Lol

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 15th, 2010, 10:22 pm

what about a T&T law update group buy?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 6th, 2016, 11:37 pm

just trying to figure out the correct configuration for a turbo timer.
A) when the key is removed from the ignition and the turbo timer is counting down, if the brakes are pressed the timer automatically cuts of instantly and the car is not able to have the gears changed to possibly changed into drive or reverse.

B)there is no way such as above to instantly turn off the turbo timer except by turning the timer off by switching it off from the turbo timer screen. this way the vehicle can be changed into gear, such as reverse or drive and move.the steering wheel locks though with this method but i think it seems dangerous to allow the vehicle to change gear

can anyone say what is the correct configuration?

Paullct
Riding on 16's

Postby Paullct » January 7th, 2016, 9:24 pm

the turbo timer is usually wired so that it shuts off when the parking brake is released. has nothing to do with transmission. if someone tries to steal the vehicle while the timer is running, the engine will cut off as soon as they release the parking brake to drive off.

if they choose to drive with the parking brake on that's a different story.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”