TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Diesel turbo boost controller

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Re: Diesel turbo boost controller

Postby wagon r » May 30th, 2012, 7:21 pm

...men lookin to dead in here... :neutral: ...

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » September 8th, 2013, 9:58 pm

To increase fuel to air ratio In turbo diesel 4d56 you must adjust the baro compensator on fuel pump not the rack adjustment, that's why some had bad results. It's to the top where low pressure tubing connected to the pump comes from high side on output of turbo. Generally for this engine it's a half turn counterclockwise at a 14 psi boost. To increase boost just simply shim waste gate actuator until required pressure is obtained. You will maintain efficiency, no smoke and some extra power. The engine can go much more but mods would be really expensive. Good luck and enjoy.

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » December 6th, 2013, 10:08 am

wagon r wrote:...men lookin to dead in here... :neutral: ...

:| :twisted:

DooMRR
Sweet on this forum

Postby DooMRR » April 15th, 2015, 6:23 pm

twisted mindz_69 wrote:i boosted my b2500...stock was around 9 lbs...now i runnin 19lbs...runnin like a bytch....no problems an i boosted it about 6 mths now

Good day. While doing some research about increasing boost in my diesel, I came across your post. I too have a B2500 and would like some information regarding your upgrade. Can you give me a call or message me your number and I will call you? Thanks.

Runul - 745-5513

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » April 26th, 2015, 1:31 pm

^^ its pretty straight forward bro... as u increase boost u need to increase fuel... Leaning out a diesel engine is not nearly as catastrophic and Leaning out a gas engine.. so you are safe in term of, if you dont get the AFR correct the 1st time.. it u see black smoke under boost... then u need more boost or less fuel.. if u raise boost and feel no power gains.. and no smoke... then u need more fuel... and u raise the fuel just to the point b4 it starts to smoke under boost again..

jnavad
Riding on 13's

Postby jnavad » November 8th, 2015, 8:29 pm

DooMRR wrote:
twisted mindz_69 wrote:i boosted my b2500...stock was around 9 lbs...now i runnin 19lbs...runnin like a bytch....no problems an i boosted it about 6 mths now

Good day. While doing some research about increasing boost in my diesel, I came across your post. I too have a B2500 and would like some information regarding your upgrade. Can you give me a call or message me your number and I will call you? Thanks.

Runul - 745-5513

Guys I have a 2007 Ranger with a 2.5 WLT that I would like to install a boost controller on. My mechanic told me that the engine can handle an 18 psi boost but I would like some testimonial on this. I just replaced a cracked head and would not like to do so in the near future. Any comments?

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » November 9th, 2015, 9:14 pm

1st thing.. Wrt the cracked head. Check your clutch fan to make sure its stiff and not loose.. Thats the major cause for crack head on the wlt.. U dont need to replace it just get some clutch fan silicone oil and stuff it in.. 2ndly you will need a boost guage.. And 2stage electronic boost controller and an exhaust gas tempreture guage.. And water temp guage would be good too to make sure u dont crack that head again.. Then running such high boost from the stock turbo u will need to put a bigger intercooler for better performance.. The more boost u push out of a small turbo, the hotter the air going into the engine will be.. Therefore increasing exhasut temps and coolant temp.. So.. Its alot of stuff to be done.. Id say u will spend about 4-5thousand to get everything done properly

HoneyOnTheRocks
Riding on 13's

Postby HoneyOnTheRocks » June 18th, 2018, 12:56 pm

hey how did you do it? i have a mazda b2500 as well.

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » August 18th, 2018, 11:39 am

HoneyOnTheRocks wrote:

hey how did you do it? i have a mazda b2500 as well.

interesting looking to tinker abit with my 2500, i'll post my results.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 18th, 2018, 7:08 pm

CD4Accord wrote:I have researched it and gone through all the pros and cons...

Let me tell you what i came up with on my pajero..
Stock boost is about 8 or 9 psi right... The internal wastegate releases boost at 14psi or so... I was thinking to install a high quality manual boost controller such as the model by TurboXS (about $60US)...
To go along with increased boost, you would have to increase the flow of diesel by adjusting your fuel pump... I would go extra rich then lean it out slowly until it stops smoking or runs like it did before (assuming your engine didnt smoke in the first place)..

Pros, some extra power

Cons... I currently get about 20mpg, really dont need less than that
Also, it would definitely put more stress on my 12 yr old turbo, extra oil temperature, coolant temperature etc..

Basically, I decided that it wasnt worth it... I could boost to 40psi and the pajero still going to slow so whats the point... Better and safer to leave it stock.....

That said, if you are going to raise boost make sure you buy a GOOD quality controller, you dont need a cheap one failing and you blow your head from overboosting..
Secondly, make sure all maintainance is TIP TOP condition, especially injectors and intake..
What sorta rpm did u Rev up to when making use of ur added boost?

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”