TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

2006 3.0 Vigo ( engine problem )

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Re: 2006 3.0 Vigo ( engine problem )

Postby V2NR 3.0 » April 15th, 2013, 6:50 pm

droppa wrote:^^somebody go hit u a bellars eh, lol

whats the update OP

Lol....but if the man went with a nice RB25 and Tranny, all now he driving

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 15th, 2013, 9:07 pm

V2NR 3.0 wrote:
droppa wrote:^^somebody go hit u a bellars eh, lol

whats the update OP

Lol....but if the man went with a nice RB25 and Tranny, all now he driving

Probably doing stuff the van never did also lol

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » April 16th, 2013, 8:12 am

^^^ allyuh men really overdoing it with d spam

OP, our company used to service their vehicles by Ding
I don't have too much confidence in him for the more technical stuff

Heard a lot of good about Cyrus... never serviced by him though

Your best option...
choose a mech to send the van by, let him open it up and take it from there
depending on what needs to be replaced (and the cost), hunt for an engine for around $30-35k

but something like this... you not gonna get a diagnosis just so

bt50
Sweet on this forum

Postby bt50 » April 26th, 2013, 1:47 pm

any updates since your last post...

Premera
Trinituner Peong

Postby Premera » April 27th, 2013, 9:38 am

bt50 wrote:any updates since your last post...

Nothing done YET on van BUT,

I had the scan done and found two injectors BAD and the mechanic said he's not hearing any noise to suggest internal engine damages.

James from bamboo came by yesterday and also checked the van and said nothing seems to be wrong engine or turbo wise.

he also suggests its the injectors that needs changing and the repairs or replacement of the head or damaged port.

he has the tool to re-grind the inner port a bit ( 1 tenth ) so the washer and seal can fit snug and solve that problem, he also said he can put in a copper ring and lock it in to see if it would solve the problem, the only downside is, if it doesn't work, i hadda change the head as the copper wont be able to come back out.

I am just trying to pool some finances at the moment as i am 99.9% set on changing injectors and repairing or replacing the head.

Rest assured ALL VIGO owners will be updated when it is done and how the vehicle performs thereafter.

I dont want another person to be scammed or robbed by " toyota mechanics " into repairing things that need not be repaired / replaced.

ram&sons
Ricer

Postby ram&sons » April 29th, 2013, 5:22 pm

call me at 7613629 could help hav a vigo 1kd dat had d same problem

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » April 29th, 2013, 9:05 pm

check your oil strainer to make sure it is not clogged breds... the grit and grime getting past the injector orings cloggs it up...

lion
Riding on 13's

Postby lion » May 1st, 2013, 11:04 am

hey i have a similar problem to you, i have a toyota hilux 3.0 turbo thats uses 1kd injector they are real!! expensive and i am seraching to buy 4 at and real great price do you know anyone that sell them or have a crash i can get them second hand.

lion
Riding on 13's

Postby lion » May 1st, 2013, 11:07 am

need 4 1kd injector who sells toyota hilux parts second used.

Premera
Trinituner Peong

Postby Premera » May 9th, 2013, 9:37 am

lion wrote:hey i have a similar problem to you, i have a toyota hilux 3.0 turbo thats uses 1kd injector they are real!! expensive and i am seraching to buy 4 at and real great price do you know anyone that sell them or have a crash i can get them second hand.

Call me at 740 - 3666

Premera
Trinituner Peong

Postby Premera » June 26th, 2013, 5:54 am

26th June 2013 : UPDATE

Ok people, so I finally had the problem sorted and the past 3 weeks the van's been running like a beyotch in heat......lol

What was done was the ports were grinded to allow the aluminium washers to be seated properly on the head and the injectors were changed, all of them.

The lil carbon build up was burnt out within two days and after that NO SMOKE at all from exhaust when starting, or accelerating. The van felt really powerful ( like it did when I changed all fluids last year )

A few days aback, I noticed a lil smoke again, when starting up and have to remove injectors once more and grind the ports a lil bit again as it seems one of the washers not seated properly.

The van has full power still though and I was also advised to drop and clean tank as an error code showed up on scanner by Sookhai's yesterday.

Honestly, I gonna complete the repairs and sell the van for 2 reasons :

1. Very few people seems to know about diesel servicing and maintenance in T&T AND
2. the van is perfect for a single guy or a married couple with NO KIDS. It is kinda inconvenient to have stroller in tray ( even though I have the carryboy ) and with the baby seat in back seat of van, space is very limited for others.

I am looking into a SUV and or a wagon as I think it would be more convenient to have all my son's stuff cose at hand, especially with the kinda rainy season we experieicing.

I had van re-valued yesterday at it's market price as is is 150k.

After wedding weekend, i'm gonna decide if to sell or not.....

Pics and so on will be posted once I decide.

Thanks Amit for all the help thus far bro and all others for their opinions and advice.

bt50
Sweet on this forum

Postby bt50 » June 26th, 2013, 8:00 am

How much did those injectors cost you?

Glad you got it sorted out.

Premera
Trinituner Peong

Postby Premera » June 26th, 2013, 8:39 am

the injectors cost a lot bro...........but the performance was worth the money i.m.o.

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » June 26th, 2013, 9:07 am

cant want champagne taste with mauby money star!!!!

everyone knows 1KD injectors are expensive, but give the guys a lil feed back on what the costs were like......and who was the mech that handled you right up......

good to kno you back up and running and working smooth, the most common problem locally is not the mechs, it have men who kno their stuff, its the fuel, know navara sportero and vigo owners who have already swapped out injectors in under 100K......

Premera
Trinituner Peong

Postby Premera » June 26th, 2013, 3:22 pm

everything cost about 16k and I still get a bless up with some of the labour prices.......if I had to pay the full price, it would have run about 20k

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » June 26th, 2013, 3:56 pm

swapping injectors should not have required grinding the head at all?! should have been a direct swap.. the recommended repair from toyota was to swap for the newer injectors with the new aluminium washers. glad you got it sorted though..

Premera
Trinituner Peong

Postby Premera » June 26th, 2013, 5:46 pm

Bezman wrote:swapping injectors should not have required grinding the head at all?! should have been a direct swap.. the recommended repair from toyota was to swap for the newer injectors with the new aluminium washers. glad you got it sorted though..

Agreed, however, the problem with the port and the washer not seating properly came with the van as the previous owner did not tell me that someone put a screw driver or something and gashed the port a bit.

It took me two years to finally get it right as I used to change washers and deals every few months and only recently it was discovered the true problem. The compression and combustion that came up into the chamber caused the injectors to swell and damage badly which caused the van to shut down 3 months aback.

I got the original aluminium washers this time, changed the bolts and even the double washers. I previously was mis-informed and ended up changing the entire fuel rail lines only to realize that was not the problem.

I have the lines and two brand new injectors for sale if anyone is interested ok.

It is for these reasons but mainly because the VIGO does not suit my needs as a " new daddy " that I am considering selling and getting an SUV.

The money is already spent, but the lessons learnt may have been tough but I have learnt a lot from the experiences and will gladly assist a fellow Vigo owner anyday, anytime...... 8-)

JaiTech
Street 2NR

Postby JaiTech » March 8th, 2016, 5:53 pm

Following

driveshaft
3NE 2NR for life

Postby driveshaft » April 5th, 2016, 12:22 am

your mechanic crack boi,,,,,if uh dont clean properly the seating for the injector port washers then no use doubling up on it,,,,injector wud raise higher and lots of things wud be out of place ,,,,,tha mechanic didnt take time to properly clean injector port ,,,,,a next note hilux injectors esp the 1kd goes bad after about 100k eh,,,,,,and diagnostics dont pick up wear on bearings etc,,,so opening up the engine is a must,,,u can get brand new 1kd heads for about 10k......i did over about a dozen 1kd already

pickups only
Street 2NR

Postby pickups only » May 11th, 2016, 2:13 pm

hi my friend you can call LV marketing they got a shipment tel #684 7170 /275 6726

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » January 24th, 2019, 11:27 pm

streetbeastINC. wrote:lorddd....49000$$---least when my wl givn trouble i have options that wont fk my pocket...
Hahahha ent .. shock the great hilux giving trouble

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”