TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
User avatar
trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 760
Joined: November 21st, 2007, 2:47 pm
Location: san juan

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby trinibajan34 » September 19th, 2018, 7:15 pm

supernedd wrote:
trinibajan34 wrote:
civic minded wrote:i went and test drove it - it was ok - honestly was expecting more torque since test drove the 3.0 auto 4x4 but it is decent - price is best too for brand new , one thing i really worried about is the resale value when time to sell

I bought mine cause my ranger was costing me money in repairs. had repair the gear box twice ,then the engine went last year, had to buy a foreign used engine. That there was last straw. I have been watching the dmax since 2015. I'ts the cheapest on the market. When i bought mine 4x4 midspec manual it was $177k, i really wanted the fully loaded manual but funds wont allow it. There is a local dmax group on facebook and de men love their max.
which ranger.? auto or manual.. wl engine?


2004 model tbx ,wlt engine.

Advertisement
supernedd
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 453
Joined: April 14th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby supernedd » September 19th, 2018, 7:18 pm

wow .. i have the 09 tcn wl engine . sigh . never me again.. not sure what i buying nex . but definitely not a mazda

supernedd
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 453
Joined: April 14th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby supernedd » September 19th, 2018, 7:18 pm

my work has isuzu manual 4x2 using .. but i find the engine loud . n they are new

User avatar
trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 760
Joined: November 21st, 2007, 2:47 pm
Location: san juan

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby trinibajan34 » September 19th, 2018, 7:21 pm

I had to carry my van in the firm today to have my AC sorted out, they called and told me it was the evaporator. I was also talking to ah padner in barbados and he also had to get his evaporator changed along with other people who got dmaxs. So the evaporator is an issue in the dmax , also the mid spec model does not come with the pollen filter but the fully loaded does , which i find is pretty stupid.

User avatar
trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 760
Joined: November 21st, 2007, 2:47 pm
Location: san juan

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby trinibajan34 » September 19th, 2018, 7:25 pm

supernedd wrote:wow .. i have the 09 tcn wl engine . sigh . never me again.. not sure what i buying nex . but definitely not a mazda

A mechanic and a sales rep told me , those vans start to give trouble when they reach 300000 km, the gear box goes first cause i was doing 301xxx when 3rd and 4th gear went bad , folllowing year 5 th gear was jumping out. then following year the engine went.

supernedd
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 453
Joined: April 14th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby supernedd » September 19th, 2018, 7:29 pm

trinibajan34 wrote:
supernedd wrote:wow .. i have the 09 tcn wl engine . sigh . never me again.. not sure what i buying nex . but definitely not a mazda

A mechanic and a sales rep told me , those vans start to give trouble when they reach 300000 km, the gear box goes first cause i was doing 301xxx when 3rd and 4th gear went bad , folllowing year 5 th gear was jumping out. then following year the engine went.
boi i aint even reach 300000km yet . i over 200000km .. first time the mechanic said head crack . he change it. do sheit .. started sounding like a tractor .. i rally it out for 3yrs .. n run the engine to d ground. now symptoms come back .. i changing head n block now n hope it work good for at least a year n sell .. i does change gear box n diff oil on time . only thing i kinda change kinda often is the clutch n slave master rubbers . the generic one doh last long .. i guess i drive too much

User avatar
trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 760
Joined: November 21st, 2007, 2:47 pm
Location: san juan

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby trinibajan34 » September 19th, 2018, 8:27 pm

[only thing i kinda change kinda often is the clutch n slave master rubbers . the generic one doh last long .. i guess i drive too much}

The cylinders get worn that why the rubbers don't last , easiest fix is buy new master and slave cylinders and they are cheap.

holland
Riding on 13's
Posts: 3
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 5:45 pm
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Contact:

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby holland » September 27th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Good Day,

I am trying to source a 4jj1 head and block with injectors and turbo for a 2007 Isuzu Dmax 4x4 3.0T pick up. Can someone please help me.

I can be contacted at 796-4358.

Deishion.

supernedd
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 453
Joined: April 14th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby supernedd » October 3rd, 2018, 2:37 pm

trinibajan34 wrote:[only thing i kinda change kinda often is the clutch n slave master rubbers . the generic one doh last long .. i guess i drive too much}

The cylinders get worn that why the rubbers don't last , easiest fix is buy new master and slave cylinders and they are cheap.
me too

supernedd
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 453
Joined: April 14th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby supernedd » October 3rd, 2018, 2:39 pm

trinibajan34 wrote:i test drive the fully loaded manual 3 weeks ago and i must say i love how it drove. drove up the lady from hilton side didn't even have to shift down to make the first bend , just stayed i second gear and it climbed up effortlessly. It also has great reviews online.
the engine still loud

supernedd
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 453
Joined: April 14th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby supernedd » October 3rd, 2018, 2:41 pm

trinibajan34 wrote:
civic minded wrote:i went and test drove it - it was ok - honestly was expecting more torque since test drove the 3.0 auto 4x4 but it is decent - price is best too for brand new , one thing i really worried about is the resale value when time to sell

I bought mine cause my ranger was costing me money in repairs. had repair the gear box twice ,then the engine went last year, had to buy a foreign used engine. That there was last straw. I have been watching the dmax since 2015. I'ts the cheapest on the market. When i bought mine 4x4 midspec manual it was $177k, i really wanted the fully loaded manual but funds wont allow it. There is a local dmax group on facebook and de men love their max.[/quo cool
Last edited by supernedd on October 3rd, 2018, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supernedd
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 453
Joined: April 14th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby supernedd » October 3rd, 2018, 2:42 pm

goalpost wrote:Had the 2.5 Dmax manual a few years ago. Bought it in 2015. Had no problems whatsoever. Sold it in 2017.
why did you sell it

goalpost
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1927
Joined: June 24th, 2010, 8:18 am
Location: South by night, North by day

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby goalpost » October 3rd, 2018, 5:28 pm

Another child was on the way so had to get an SUV

supernedd
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 453
Joined: April 14th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby supernedd » October 3rd, 2018, 11:27 pm

cool

sexyleo797
Ricer
Posts: 29
Joined: May 27th, 2008, 2:12 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby sexyleo797 » October 29th, 2018, 10:26 am

hey guys any help or advise would be nice

hey i see ur asking if there is any problems with the dmax. i recently bought a 2016 model. low milage. i TDL. automatic. i find at times if i stop and go to pul off one time i get a slight delay resulting in a fierce pull off. jump. ( as if i was driving gears and release the clutch fast./.. and if when come to a stop i kinda feel a gear change down slight jerk.

is this normal.. i was told it is ,, and some saying otherwise..My no is 797 0000 you can wats app me . thanks

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1272
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby nick639v2 » October 29th, 2018, 10:40 am

sexyleo797 wrote:hey guys any help or advise would be nice

hey i see ur asking if there is any problems with the dmax. i recently bought a 2016 model. low milage. i TDL. automatic. i find at times if i stop and go to pul off one time i get a slight delay resulting in a fierce pull off. jump. ( as if i was driving gears and release the clutch fast./.. and if when come to a stop i kinda feel a gear change down slight jerk.

is this normal.. i was told it is ,, and some saying otherwise..My no is 797 0000 you can wats app me . thanks



Don't worry it is normal

sexyleo797
Ricer
Posts: 29
Joined: May 27th, 2008, 2:12 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby sexyleo797 » October 30th, 2018, 12:35 pm

Kool i hope so. weird as it happens sometimes depends how u stop.. Thanks

User avatar
Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10721
Joined: March 30th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Re: TECH THREAD ISUZU D-MAX

Postby Ted_v2 » November 3rd, 2018, 10:39 am

What milage?

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests