TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

2014 Chevy Colorado

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Mr. Go Slow
Riding on 16's

2014 Chevy Colorado

Postby Mr. Go Slow » August 30th, 2014, 9:20 pm

So I took a trip today to see the new 2014 Chevy Colorado. Pics below:

screengrab

Priced reasonably, lots of electronic features like a centralized media console, cruise control, steering wheel controls, etc, under-body protection, and as I understood it a class leading 2.8 diesel power-plant that can out grunt the 3.2 in the new T6 ranger.

Looks really sharp in person, especially the white.

Doesn't have that truck with balls look like the new ranger ... it's got more of a refined vibe happening.

Bigger than my last gen Ranger and the new D-max but nowhere near the mass of the T6 Ranger.

voiceofatrini
Street 2NR

Re: 2014 Chevy Colorado

Postby voiceofatrini » August 30th, 2014, 9:33 pm

Yes. It looks good. Plenty features for the price. Like kia and hyundai. I heard the new Rangers are a bag of problems tho. But if it's grunt you're interested in then the new sportero is King.

hornchile
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hornchile » August 30th, 2014, 9:52 pm

My concern is that LSM has a bunch of clowns working in the service department...

had an issue with a vehicle I bought there and took it in for warranty repair...they said it was a "normal fault" and could not be repaired...

while sitting in the waiting area I found a technical bulletin for the vehicle addressing the problem, showed it to them and all they could say is "oh"

Mr. Go Slow
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr. Go Slow » December 31st, 2014, 8:05 pm

Saw one of these today with aftermarket wheels / tyres and racking stripes ... looked great!

Anyone on here pick one up to give a first hand review?

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » January 1st, 2015, 6:17 am

hornchile wrote:My concern is that LSM has a bunch of clowns working in the service department...

had an issue with a vehicle I bought there and took it in for warranty repair...they said it was a "normal fault" and could not be repaired...

while sitting in the waiting area I found a technical bulletin for the vehicle addressing the problem, showed it to them and all they could say is "oh"

Yup sounds like them.

Richardmck
Riding on 13's

Postby Richardmck » November 22nd, 2016, 8:17 pm

I am in the process of purchasing a 6 speed Manual Chevy Colorado
I drove it, and it's a really sturdy vehicle on the road, excellent sound system, any known problems with the manual?

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » March 21st, 2017, 5:51 pm

Richardmck wrote:I am in the process of purchasing a 6 speed Manual Chevy Colorado
I drove it, and it's a really sturdy vehicle on the road, excellent sound system, any known problems with the manual?

Have you purchased the van?

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » March 31st, 2017, 5:47 pm

Richardmck wrote:I am in the process of purchasing a 6 speed Manual Chevy Colorado

Did you buy it? Any reviews?

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » April 12th, 2017, 1:43 pm

Got me the 2017 Colorado LTZ. I checked out the Ranger 3.2L, Hilux, DMAX, L200 and Amarok and I got to say the Colorado was the obvious choice. Lifestyle Motors had a $25,000 rebate and I got a fully loaded Colorado for $265K! Also, did not need to get a heavy T license to drive this beast. The vehicle has a lot of really refined features that are very practical and usable in everyday driving. I really like the lane departure feature as well as the collision alert and parking assist sensors. The apple car play is one of the best infotainment apps I have used (its also compatible with Andriod Auto as well). I also really like the remote start feature and the rain sensitive wipers. This vehicle is really fully loaded!

The 2.8L Duramax is a beast of an engine, I did my research and it basically out grunts anything on the market (even the 3.2L 5 cylinder Ranger.....check the specs yourself if you don't believe me). Compare that to what you are getting for the Dmax at $262K and its like bringing a gun to a knife fight. Anything that is even remotely comparable to the Colorado LTZ is over $300k!!!!

Overall I am very pleased with this vehicle and it looks like Chevrolet has really stepped up its game. Its a shame that a lot of ppl running down Ranger and Hilux when you have the Colorado that offers sooooo much value for money!

Any other Colorado owners here?

IDK123
Street 2NR

Postby IDK123 » August 28th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Capleton wrote:Got me the 2017 Colorado LTZ. I checked out the Ranger 3.2L, Hilux, DMAX, L200 and Amarok and I got to say the Colorado was the obvious choice. Lifestyle Motors had a $25,000 rebate and I got a fully loaded Colorado for $265K! Also, did not need to get a heavy T license to drive this beast. The vehicle has a lot of really refined features that are very practical and usable in everyday driving. I really like the lane departure feature as well as the collision alert and parking assist sensors. The apple car play is one of the best infotainment apps I have used (its also compatible with Andriod Auto as well). I also really like the remote start feature and the rain sensitive wipers. This vehicle is really fully loaded!

The 2.8L Duramax is a beast of an engine, I did my research and it basically out grunts anything on the market (even the 3.2L 5 cylinder Ranger.....check the specs yourself if you don't believe me). Compare that to what you are getting for the Dmax at $262K and its like bringing a gun to a knife fight. Anything that is even remotely comparable to the Colorado LTZ is over $300k!!!!

Overall I am very pleased with this vehicle and it looks like Chevrolet has really stepped up its game. Its a shame that a lot of ppl running down Ranger and Hilux when you have the Colorado that offers sooooo much value for money!

Their prices gone up for the z71 ltz? Buddy of mines is buying one the sales man told him they no longer have the deals and the price is now 305k. Does that seem right?

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » September 1st, 2017, 10:37 am

IDK123 wrote:
Capleton wrote:Got me the 2017 Colorado LTZ. I checked out the Ranger 3.2L, Hilux, DMAX, L200 and Amarok and I got to say the Colorado was the obvious choice. Lifestyle Motors had a $25,000 rebate and I got a fully loaded Colorado for $265K! Also, did not need to get a heavy T license to drive this beast. The vehicle has a lot of really refined features that are very practical and usable in everyday driving. I really like the lane departure feature as well as the collision alert and parking assist sensors. The apple car play is one of the best infotainment apps I have used (its also compatible with Andriod Auto as well). I also really like the remote start feature and the rain sensitive wipers. This vehicle is really fully loaded!

Their prices gone up for the z71 ltz? Buddy of mines is buying one the sales man told him they no longer have the deals and the price is now 305k. Does that seem right?

hmmm, well that's marketing 101 for you, "penetrative pricing policy". Have a lower price at the launch/introductory stage to build some market share and then eventually, raise the price. You could not expect that an LTZ Colorado would remain at 265k forever? Even so at 305k, it is still cheaper than a fully loaded Hilux and a Ranger Wildtrack.

IDK123
Street 2NR

Postby IDK123 » September 3rd, 2017, 12:20 am

Capleton wrote:
IDK123 wrote:

hmmm, well that's marketing 101 for you, "penetrative pricing policy". Have a lower price at the launch/introductory stage to build some market share and then eventually, raise the price. You could not expect that an LTZ Colorado would remain at 265k forever? Even so at 305k, it is still cheaper than a fully loaded Hilux and a Ranger Wildtrack.

So I talk to the man today only to findout he giving me wrong info. The market value of the pickup is 305k but chevy is giving cash back as part of the deal somewhere around 35k or so.

Therefore the the advertised price is corrected he just did minus the cash back from the total cost. Clever marketing by chevy and a overall good deal

Richardmck
Riding on 13's

Postby Richardmck » December 3rd, 2018, 5:54 pm

I have actually bought the new 2017 Chevy Colorado LTZ fully loaded, it made a year last month, and except for costly$ 6000 service at Lifestyle Motors, It works Perfect at 41,000 km, I also use Redline Diesel treatment which i notice improves my mileage and makes the engine more quieter. so i will encourage anyone to have a test drive from Mr Darrel Lewis and feel the difference with its amazing torque! :D :lol:

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » December 21st, 2018, 9:45 am

Price as is remains at $304,950 however, there is a $25,000 discount available, which brings the price down to $279,950 for the fully loaded LTZ. LSM advertising a $9,999 down payment (which is pretty damn good) and they giving you 3 years or 30,000km scheduled maintenance now when you finance in-house. Either way for $280K there is nothing on the market that can come close to the features this 4x4 has. Have mine for a little over a year now and this it going strong, not an issue to date. That 2.8L Duramax is a torque monster!!!!

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » December 21st, 2018, 9:48 am

Richardmck wrote:I have actually bought the new 2017 Chevy Colorado LTZ fully loaded, it made a year last month, and except for costly$ 6000 service at Lifestyle Motors, It works Perfect at 41,000 km, I also use Redline Diesel treatment which i notice improves my mileage and makes the engine more quieter. so i will encourage anyone to have a test drive from Mr Darrel Lewis and feel the difference with its amazing torque! :D :lol:

Torque for days, imagine ppl paying close to a $100k more for a Wildtrack or fully loaded Hilux and the Colorado will basically eat those things for breakfast!

Richardmck
Riding on 13's

Postby Richardmck » January 8th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Most Definitely ,they should have test drive the Colorado before purchasing and feel the difference in torque and speed!

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”