TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

L200 - QUESTIONS

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
skip
Riding on 13's

L200 - QUESTIONS

Postby skip » October 15th, 2015, 4:49 pm

Guys,

Bought a new Sportero(2014 model - curve back) from the firm. i have 2 questions:

1. is it compulsary to have a turbo timer installed?
2. looking for a tray cover - any suggestions

thx

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: L200 - QUESTIONS

Postby Pirate » October 15th, 2015, 4:57 pm

Solution for question 1:
A turbo timer is not mandatory. Just make sure and let the van idle for about 45 - 60 seconds if there were any high revs before switching off. Something simple as the idle time when opening ur gate/garage should be sufficient and just slowly position and park. I make it a habit to let my vehicle idle for about 15 seconds more while I pick up my keys, wallet etc before switching off and exiting the vehicle.

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » October 15th, 2015, 5:00 pm

Pirate wrote:Solution for question 1:
A turbo timer is not mandatory. Just make sure and let the van idle for about 45 - 60 seconds if there were any high revs before switching off. Something simple as the idle time when opening ur gate/garage should be sufficient and just slowly position and park. I make it a habit to let my vehicle idle for about 15 seconds more while I pick up my keys, wallet etc before switching off and exiting the vehicle.

^ Good advice and right on point. But a turbo timer will facilitate the moments where you want to exit quickly and not have to wait around for the turbo to simmer down. What you can also do is control your driving pattern just before you reach your destination so it will be a simple switch off.

skip
Riding on 13's

Postby skip » October 16th, 2015, 11:35 am

thx for the info

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”