TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

K74 l200 thermostat... Can I remove it?

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
scoobert_doo
Sweet on this forum

K74 l200 thermostat... Can I remove it?

Postby scoobert_doo » December 30th, 2015, 6:52 am

Would there be any issues if I removed the thermostat from my 4d56 engine in my k74 l200?

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Re: K74 l200 thermostat... Can I remove it?

Postby speedaholic » January 28th, 2016, 2:35 pm

dont remove it.. the vehilcle will take too long to reach up to operating tempreture.. why do you want to remove it?

scoobert_doo
Sweet on this forum

Postby scoobert_doo » February 2nd, 2016, 7:38 pm

im trying to isolate a problem....this is what happens, the temperature gauge stays at half or just below, but the thermometer goes up to 50 sometimes, and when the ac is on it only blows cold when the car is in motion or at night when its not so hot, once im at idle it gets warm.

playboy edition
Riding on 13's

Postby playboy edition » February 2nd, 2016, 8:03 pm

I have this same exact issue. As long as the vehicle is stopped the temperature goes up to like 50+ and the ac begins to lose its coldness. Once driving the ac starts to blow cold again when the temperature begins drops from 50+

static
3NE 2NR for life

Postby static » February 2nd, 2016, 8:51 pm

Sounds like the clutch fan is in need of some silicone oil. The fan doesn't spin much on idle and the temp goes up. Doesn't help the AC condenser cool down either.

Streetwise Performance
Street 2NR

Postby Streetwise Performance » April 23rd, 2016, 11:36 am

^^You all are describing same problem my van is experiencing for a really long time now and I can tell you it is directly related to your A/C being on. The radiator is not cooling efficiently enough to compensate for added heat from a/c condenser fan. On a hot day at idle with A/C off temp would remain stable. But with A/C on it goes up in five minutes. It will cool great while in motion. Last week I had fan clutch serviced with silicone oil because I read this thread and tried static advice, but the problem is still there. Mechanic advised to do radiator flush or seek new rad. Hope this helps.

Streetwise Performance
Street 2NR

Postby Streetwise Performance » August 20th, 2016, 12:09 pm

Got through with my problem and temp is stable enough in traffic on a very hot day. The radiator core needed cleaning.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”